Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,968 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 (11405 Views)

Pregnant Woman Delivers At Lagos BusStop (pic) / SORROW TO JOY: Woman Delivers Triplets Day Murdered Son Was Buried (picture) / Abandoned Baby At Abule Egba This Morning(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by shadrach77: 11:08am On Jun 21, 2010
Woman delivers first baby at 59
| Print | E-mail
Monday, 21 June 2010

Something close to a miracle occured last week when a 59- year old woman,  Mrs Iyabo Balogun,  was delivered of a baby.

The miracle baby came after four fibroids and ovarian cyst that blocked her womb was removed by Dr. Christianah Abosede Oluwashola of the GVM International Ibadan.

Telling the success story, Dr. Abosede explained “that nothing could have been more fictitious to her than the story of the possibility of her getting rid of the four fibroids tube blockage including two ovarian cyst that have given her lot of concern.”

Added to her pain she said, was also the fast aging husband that clocked 60 at the time the story of the possible relief came. When she was told  the success story of those who had their lives changed for better after the disappearance of their fibroids, she dismissed it as impossible. Later, she partially agreed that the fibroids could disappear quite all right, asking whether that  would bring  her  age  back to allow for a childbirth.  The  answer she got was the emphasis that Dr. Mrs Christianah Abosede Oluwashola  of the GVM International had the magic wand to put smiles on her face through her medicinal herbs. There and then, she was persuaded to give it a thought her husband explained.
After serious considerations, the couple met with Dr. Oluwashola, who had to be told of yet another impediment which had to do with the low spermatozoa count of Mr. Balogun, her husband.

Desperate to get the fibroids removed as a first  step towards getting Mrs Iyabo Balogun’s womb ready for her miracle baby, she was made to purchase the ovarian cyst and tube cream which are usually rub on the navels of patients to get the fibroid dissolved.  It is usually after the dissolution Dr. Oluwashola told Nigerian Tribune that a patient got delivered of the discomforting substance to give way for proper ovulation to take place.

Today, she said, “they are proud parents of a bouncing baby, the first in their life at the age no one would ever have expected such to happen.”

Dr (Mrs) Christianah Abosede Oluwashola, a Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) trained medical doctor while speaking exclusively to Nigerian Tribune, explained that she diverted to herbal medicine through divine inspiration. So, as a surgeon, what she used to do with scapels are now done with herbs but with God’s strict directive, she said.

Though a Christian and a teacher of the words, her patronage cuts across all religions. So, like any other professionals, she said  she cares for everyone irrespectve of their religion as according to  her, the new parents are both muslim.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/7105-woman-delivers-first-baby-at-59
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Sissy3(f): 11:30am On Jun 21, 2010
good for her!!!
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by zegmart: 11:34am On Jun 21, 2010
I wish them the best as they rejoice.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by rickie4us(m): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2010
another Sarah of our time , congrats
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by lysaa(f): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2010
1)The miracle baby came after four fibroids and ovarian cyst that blocked her womb

2)yet another impediment which had to do with the low spermatozoa count of Mr. Balogun, her husband.

3)Today “they are proud parents of a bouncing baby, the first in their life at the age no one would ever have expected such to happen.
Wow, this is interesting. It aint over till it's over.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by erith: 11:54am On Jun 21, 2010
d lord is at work.never give up sad
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by ayo2009ice(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2010
congrat GOD is good
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by msb247(m): 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2010
shocked This is unbelievable!!! so what has she been doing all this while? GOOD FOR HER anyway grin
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2010
I have been waiting to raise this thread for a long time but did not know what section to raise it in, this story is a farce and a lie. It is the rave of the moment here in naija ladies 50 years and above are beginning to give birth mysteriously and if you have never gone to see one for yourself i suggest you sit back and read because this thing is really becoming nauseating.

1. First off they would tell you that they use herbs to rub their stomach that it does so so so and so from removing fibroid to allegedly revitalizing their hormones.
2. When they get pregnant, it does not show, it just stays around their stomach as opposed to protruding. You must take note that even ultrasound cannot see the baby for the whole nine months out of which the last one or two are spent in this herbalists place.
3. Finally the child is born and you go to visit the woman, and scenes like this follow

(i) The baby is crying and you would hear a neighbour (mostly people who all know that this is a scam )saying oya madam bosom feed the pikin na, then you hear "E no dey gree suck bosom oh e no dey gree" and a close look around would show you jeers and sneers from people who know too well that the baby is a fraud, apparently the herbs do not revitalize the hormones to stimulate milk in their bosoms.
     (ii) The woman who just gave birth a few days ago has so much energy and moves around so freely and uninhibitedly as tough she just came from a training session.

Infact it is so bad that a woman my mum (who is a medical practitioner by the way) saw just a month ago called her a few days ago to say, I don born pikin oh and immediately my mum cut the phone you need to see the laughter that ensued.

The sad part of this is that the trade is being peddled by medical practitioners and to hear them when they say the child cannot show on ultrasound is so nauseating that you begin to wonder where we are going in this country. The main woman doing it for the past year or so in the east has allegedly started making nyanga so another woman has taken up the trade in port harcourt.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Ajike: 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2010
I bless the name of the Lord for this couple. The joy will abide with them throughout the days of their lives in Jesus name. Amen
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Acidosis(m): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2010
Nothing is hard for God to do. Even the medics respects this fact, that was what lead to menoPAUSE instead of menoSTOP.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by msb247(m): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2010
shocked shocked :oI THINK @CHRISBENOGOR IS MAKING SOME SENSE!!!!!!
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2010
Ajike:

I bless the name of the Lord for this couple. The joy will abide with them throughout the days of their lives in Jesus name. Amen
Acidosis:

Nothing is hard for God to do. Even the medics respects this fact, that was what lead to menoPAUSE instead of menoSTOP.
This is the problem with you Nigerians so gullible so so gullible, do you even know how the reproductive system works?
msb247:

shocked shocked :oI THINK @CHRISBENOGOR IS MAKING SOME SENSE!!!!!!
Infact I nearly open the thread yesterday night, the thing is really becoming annoying.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by eloii: 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2010
God is still Alpha and Omega, Miracle working God. Thank God for her ooooooooooooooooooh
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by anitabest(f): 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2010
tanks be 2 God.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by bisiaet: 12:49pm On Jun 21, 2010
I am so happy for her and I really thank God for her.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2010
eloii:

God is still Alpha and Omega, Miracle working God. Thank God for her ooooooooooooooooooh
Exactly what are you thanking GOd for now? giving her the means to buy a baby abi?
anitabest:

tanks be 2 God.
Does it not strike you as odd that a surgeon would go into traditional herbs?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2010
bisiaet:

I am so happy for her and I really thank God for her.
Are you an agent of these people too?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Bestglo(f): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2010
with God all things are possible , may his name be praised.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by FFA: 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2010
AM A LIVING TESTIMONY TOO, AFTER TEN YEARS GOD DID IT.SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUYAH.IM HAPPY FOR HER .

IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL WE WIN
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2010
FFA:

AM A LIVING TESTIMONY TOO, AFTER TEN YEARS GOD DID IT.SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUYAH.IM HAPPY FOR HER .

IT IS NOT OVER UNTIL WE WIN
Finally someone to back up these claims, please can you tell us how old you were when you gave birth?
Did you use herbs as this woman did too?
Did you child show up on ultrasound?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by landtraza(m): 1:10pm On Jun 21, 2010
Chrisbenogor:

I have been waiting to raise this thread for a long time but did not know what section to raise it in, this story is a farce and a lie. It is the rave of the moment here in naija ladies 50 years and above are beginning to give birth mysteriously and if you have never gone to see one for yourself i suggest you sit back and read because this thing is really becoming nauseating.

1. First off they would tell you that they use herbs to rub their stomach that it does so so so and so from removing fibroid to allegedly revitalizing their hormones.
2. When they get pregnant, it does not show, it just stays around their stomach as opposed to protruding. You must take note that even ultrasound cannot see the baby for the whole nine months out of which the last one or two are spent in this herbalists place.
3. Finally the child is born and you go to visit the woman, and scenes like this follow

(i) The baby is crying and you would hear a neighbour (mostly people who all know that this is a scam )saying oya madam bosom feed the pikin na, then you hear "E no dey gree suck bosom oh e no dey gree" and a close look around would show you jeers and sneers from people who know too well that the baby is a fraud, apparently the herbs do not revitalize the hormones to stimulate milk in their bosoms.
     (ii) The woman who just gave birth a few days ago has so much energy and moves around so freely and uninhibitedly as tough she just came from a training session.

Infact it is so bad that a woman my mum (who is a medical practitioner by the way) saw just a month ago called her a few days ago to say, I don born pikin oh and immediately my mum cut the phone you need to see the laughter that ensued.

The sad part of this is that the trade is being peddled by medical practitioners and to hear them when they say the child cannot show on ultrasound is so nauseating that you begin to wonder where we are going in this country. The main woman doing it for the past year or so in the east has allegedly started making nyanga so another woman has taken up the trade in port harcourt.

DONT STILL GET YOUR POINT, CAN YOU EXPLAIN DE MORE
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Acidosis(m): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2010
@Chrisbenogor, why the critisism on every comment. Are you a pagan or a ritualist? It seems your canal mind has taken over your thoughts.
The woman delivered the child at God's own appointed time without the concept of your so called reproductive system.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by skyndyp(f): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2010
@Chrisbenogor are u a baby or do i say miracle hater? What's the long senseless story for? Mtcheww
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2010
landtraza:

DONT STILL GET YOUR POINT, CAN YOU EXPLAIN DE MORE
Hmmmm how do I break this down now.
1.Ok the women go to this herbalist who gives them herbs to drink and rubs their stomach with herbs
2. They get pregnant and dont go for ante natal, just this herbs woman as the woman as told them their child cannot show up on ultra sound scanning.
3. Their stomachs dont protude but stay as flat for the whole nine months.
4. They move into herbalists house for last month or even in some bizzare cases just weeks before giving birth nobody follows them there, not even the husband.
5. They never have labour pains neither does the baby kick.
6. Next they are out of the place with the baby in their hands, they never breast feed the baby just baby formula.
7. If you have ever seen a woman who just gave birth then you would know how long she has to rest before moving up and down, in one particular case in my mum's hospital the woman was forced to go on maternity leave.

Do you get the point now?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2010
skyndyp:

@Chrisbenogor are u a baby or do i say miracle hater? What's the long senseless story for? Mtcheww
I am not even here to hate on "miracles" all I am asking is if you have ever seen one of these women? if no shut your trap because you know nothing about what is actually going on. Saying its a miracle from God makes it all the more annoying, can you not see that babies are being sold?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by skyndyp(f): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2010
^^ and you know where they sell babies perhaps? U said your mum is a medical practitioner,right? It follows
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2010
Acidosis:

@Chrisbenogor, why the critisism on every comment. Are you a pagan or a ritualist? It seems your canal mind has taken over your thoughts.
The woman delivered the child at God's own appointed time without the concept of your so called reproductive system.
Is this what christianity has degenerated to? You can no longer think for yourself again?

Desperate to get the fibroids removed as a first  step towards getting Mrs Iyabo Balogun’s womb ready for her miracle baby, she was made to [size=18pt]purchase the ovarian cyst and tube cream[/size] which are usually rub on the navels of patients to get the fibroid dissolved.  It is usually after the dissolution Dr. Oluwashola told Nigerian Tribune that a patient got delivered of the discomforting substance to give way for proper ovulation to take place
Does that look like a miracle to you? Open your eyes jor, did she say she went to pray for a child? Did she? Where the bloody heck is miracle coming from?

At the age of 59  you get rid of four fibroids and two ovarian cysts, plus low sperm count all with one cream and what you have to say is miracle?

You guys are really getting more credulous as the days go by.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Iranoladun(f): 1:24pm On Jun 21, 2010
I will only believe this 'tale by moonlight' until someone come up with a scientific backed stage by stage evidence of the  following:

1. Fibroid removal
2. Ovulation evidences
3. Pregnancy from conception to birth

Miracle is a possibility with God but it aint like a Professor Pella (RIP) abracadabra magic  Who are the woman's neighbour to testify to her pregnancy state? where are the ultra sound pictures, who took the delivery? Where are the DNA tests result to strengthen this famous 'miracle' etc?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2010
skyndyp:

^^ and you know where they sell babies perhaps? U said your mum is a medical practitioner,right? It follows
You IQ is lower than that of a cookie monster, if you cannot understand simple english move on. Who the heck gave you guys the internet to use?
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by FFA: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2010
@ CHRIS-----------------NOT AT ALL. I M NOT BACKING ANYBODY UP, MINE IS SIMPLY MEDICAL AND GODS ASSISTANCE NOT HERBS. IM ONLY SAYING GOD STILL DO WONDERS WHEN ALL HOPE IS LOST.
Re: Woman Delivers First Baby At 59 by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2010
Iranoladun:

I will only believe this 'tale by moonlight' until someone come up with a scientific backed stage by stage evidence of the  following:

1. Fibroid removal
2. Ovulation evidences
3. Pregnancy from conception to birth

Miracle is a possibility with God but it aint like a Professor Pella (RIP) abracadabra magic  Who are the woman's neighbour to testify to her pregnancy state? where are the ultra sound pictures, who took the delivery? Where are the DNA tests result to strengthen this famous 'miracle' etc?

Finally somebody with sense I nearly gave up on this thread now now.
FFA:

@ CHRIS-----------------NOT AT ALL. I M NOT BACKING ANYBODY UP, MINE IS SIMPLY MEDICAL AND GODS ASSISTANCE NOT HERBS. IM ONLY SAYING GOD STILL DO WONDERS WHEN ALL HOPE IS LOST.
Thank you ma! I am not saying do not believe in your God or in your miracles but at least let it make sense to you. Would you say what you have was a miracle if someone is selling creams that dissolve fibroid and ovarian cysts? then after rubbing you give birth mysteriously to a child?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Do Not Want My Husbands Cousins To Live With Us! / Ladies Help A Bush Man Out !!!! / MUST READ: 10 Experinces That Signal You're In Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.