Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Should I Take Her Serious? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Take Her Serious? (607 Views)

What Steps Should I Take To Get This Bae Laid / What Drugs Can I Take To Last Longer On Bed? / She Is Coming Tomorrow. What Can I Take To Enhance Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take Her Serious? by ayesco202(m): 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2018
"You know, there's the possibility of the girl later leaving the guy for another man she may like in the course of the relationship" was one of the things this young lady said in the course of our conversation. She proceeded, "In fact, there was a story I once heard of a lady who took an oath with her boyfriend before she left for the university. The boyfriend declined at first but the girl later coaxed him into doing same just to show how committed she was to the guy. On getting to the university, the girl later met a lawyer whom she could not help but deeply fall in love with. Lo and behold, she left the guy."

I then asked for permission to ask this girl a question; she replied in the affirmative. I asked, "Why do you think the protagonist of your prose narrative fell in love with the lawyer?" "What other reason?" "The lawyer is more educated, richer and more promising". I heaved a sigh of relief. "I've gotten enough clarifications on what you want." I said. I ended the subject matter and delved into another discussion. Her countenance changed immediately. She was perplexed however.

This was a girl I had been asking out right from my university days. She agreed to go into a relationship with me just yesterday after stating the above while we were together some days back. I do not have any form of likeness for her at the moment just because of the level of her reasoning.

That same day, she called to know why I ended the conversation abruptly. And then I explained, "My dear, you telling me there's a possibility of a girl leaving a boy in the course of a relationship isn't good news to me. As in, who says that? There's no one I'm going to tell of a girl as you that would ask me to take you serious. Let me tell you, even if you get to meet with that guy who has those material things in abundance, what makes you think he will not use and dump you? If eventually you get married, the family people might not even respect you. Why? They would feel you settled for their son just because of what he had. Must you put all your responsibilities on a man? Must you be dependent on a man? My dear, I am not rich and I am not hungry. I thank God for the little I have. How about those who have the money and are not even in a good state of health to enjoy it? I thank God for my life and I'm contented with the little I have." I deduced she felt remorseful. She ended the call.

And then, yesterday she called back apologizing and all that. She said she would like to go to the (RCCG) Convention with me because I invited her earlier this week. I asked her why. She said I ought to have known why she has chosen to go to such a far distance with me.

To cut the long story short, she opened up and said she was ready for a relationship with me that I should forget what she said. And then it began yesterday. I don't even know how. I already lost interest in her after she had inadvertently said what was on her mind.

But I also gave it a second thought. Had this girl not inadvertently voice out what some girls did/would have done/do/would do/have in mind?

Should I just make her a backup girlfriend or a side chic because I do not think one ought to take such a girl serious because she might actually do what she said one day.

Should I take such a girl serious?
Please help a brother.
Re: Should I Take Her Serious? by nadalion: 4:30pm On Aug 08, 2018
After carefully reading your post, you should only take such Relationships serious ONLY AFTER YOU'VE EXAMINED HER THOUGHTS AND ACTION AND THERE IS A CORRELATION. I'm of this opinion because what she said is the harsh reality we live with in our everyday Relationships. What she said is pure philosophy and it can mean she knows her way around a relationship and I must say, such people are bound to be more stable emotionally than those who don't know.

My advice...

4 Likes

Re: Should I Take Her Serious? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 08, 2018
Many people say things they don't mean. She only told you reality but that does not mean she would do same.
Re: Should I Take Her Serious? by nanauju(f): 4:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
I think you should take her serious. What she said doesn't apply to the female gender alone. A guy can also leave a girl.
Re: Should I Take Her Serious? by Holymann(m): 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2018
Don't make her a side chic and don't take her serious.
4get her completely cos she already told you what she'll do.
Jesus once said "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." Even today, that statement is still true.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Advice Needed / It's A Brand New Day / Relationship Expert Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.