Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,862 members, 7,821,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? (25182 Views)

Unbelievable Tokunbo Cars Spotted In Lagos (Shocking Photos) / Meet British-Nigerian Gideon King Who love-vendor Super Cars For The Super-rich / Nigerian Used Toyota Corolla Sport 2010 Black. 94,000 Mileage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by Tmemzi: 11:31pm On Aug 08, 2018
Which was why his adopted daughter called.him a CROOK!
Opinionated:
Reminds me of Danny Devito in Matilda.

Avoid heartache of Tokunbo, you can buy Nigerian brand new vehicles now.

12 Innoson Vehicles And Their Prices
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 09, 2018
uncle005:
Meennn i am in trouble oo, how do i buy car now with all this story now.

Op thanks, you really make my day.

Now whom do i trust? As i know nothing about car, only know how to drive.

I am afraid buying Nigeria used, now this story has thrown me into serious dilemma. Wao� where will I go now, whom do i contact?
just be a man and buy one all na junks unless u buy brand new.

1 Like

Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by Computergloba: 1:25am On Aug 09, 2018
TheDoc:
Any site please to check the VIN? Many thanks

Yes sir,we offer comprehensive vin check service

You can contact us with your vin no or chassis no when available

Check my profile signature for contact details
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by Computergloba: 1:30am On Aug 09, 2018
kelvyn7:

i suggest you download one of the apps on google play store...

try this one EPICVIN, its a free app

it has a blue and yellow logo with a white "tick"

You may contact us for a detailed vehicle history
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by Computergloba: 1:33am On Aug 09, 2018
esanuaje1:
Can any one help on how to conduct a correct and reliable VIN check on a tokunbo car.[color=#990000][/color]

Yes we can help you sir
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by don13011: 3:39am On Aug 09, 2018
I bought my first corolla this year and I saw 213000 mileage. It doesn't move me when I got it at Toks. It is working perfectly okay. I prefer it to reduce mileage
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by Borntofuck: 5:23am On Aug 09, 2018
No bi Igbo man business the clock must be rewind
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by hisgrace090: 5:25am On Aug 09, 2018
uncle005:
Meennn i am in trouble oo, how do i buy car now with all this story now.

Op thanks, you really make my day.

Now whom do i trust? As i know nothing about car, only know how to drive.

I am afraid buying Nigeria used, now this story has thrown me into serious dilemma. Wao� where will I go now, whom do i contact?

You're not in trouble, anytime you want to pick a vehicle just concentrate on the neatness.

Check the engine room, under neatness, and the interior.

A current or new car is determined by it neatness not millage.
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by DesireFarms(m): 5:32am On Aug 09, 2018
TheDoc:
Any site please to check the VIN? Many thanks

bring your VIN i can get you autoreport for free
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by DesireFarms(m): 5:36am On Aug 09, 2018
esanuaje1:
Can any one help on how to conduct a correct and reliable VIN check on a tokunbo car.[color=#990000][/color]

whatsapp 08155753876 for free autocheck report
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by hefelove(m): 6:35am On Aug 09, 2018
Like every good man, I strive for perfection, and like every ordinary man, I have found that perfection is out of reach... we can get you as close as possible.
To cop one of these handmade pairs for just N15k.

Thanks

Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by Irwindickson(m): 7:19am On Aug 09, 2018
A friend of mine who's in Canada, bought a 2018 brand new corolla in February already has 7500 on the odometer. He shared some info about odometer reduction in which almost all Nigeria car dealers who imports from Canada are guilty of. Odometer is reduced by the dealer to his agreed new odometer reading at the ports before sending to Nigeria.
There's no way a 10 years old car in Canada will be less than 150k but many enters between 35k to 85k just to deceive innocent Nigerians.
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by captainamiedi1: 9:03am On Aug 09, 2018
CarGuideNG:

Perhaps you didn't understand the post Sir.

I didn't mention that mileage wasn't an important factor.

The emphasis was on mileage considered in isolation, as the sole indicator of the condition of the vehicle, which is wrong, and can lead a buyer to make wrong decisions, and a dealer to tamper with the mileage to fool such buyers who focus on just the mileage.

Regarding the bolded, that is not necessarily true.

A vehicle with 100,000 highway miles may be in much better condition than one with 60,000 city miles, other factors being the same.

Stop-and-go traffic as observed in a city leads to much more wear and tear than continuous engine performance as observed on a highway, other factors being the same.

A vehicle with 100,000 miles with proper and routine maintenance and service would be in better condition than one with 60,000 miles with poor maintenance and poor service history.

The point remains that mileage should not be considered in isolation. It should be considered alongside the general condition of a vehicle.

ok. i get the full point now. maintenance is always the key to every car
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by ejembi28(m): 10:36am On Aug 09, 2018
[quote author=TheDoc post=70104647]Any site please to check the VIN? Many thanks[/ c

Contact ....

COMPUTERGLOBAL

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by hkidola00(m): 10:36am On Aug 09, 2018
yeyerolling:
My first car was used in texas (bigest state in us) and had 88k as milage. When i later check am for car export thread omo na 250 be actual
alaska is biggest us state
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by computerglobal(m): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2018
Thank you boss

Contact us today for your comprehensive vehicle history report

Check my profile signature for contact details
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:27pm On Aug 09, 2018
yeyerolling:
My first car was used in texas (bigest state in us) and had 88k as milage. When i later check am for car export thread omo na 250 be actual
...sorry about that but Alaska (665,384.04Ksm) is the biggest state in the US and not Texas (268,596.46Ksm).

Do we have any law in Nigeria against odometer reading tampering?
Re: How Come Many Tokunbo Cars For Sale In Nigeria Have 75,000 Mileage? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
Newmanluckyman:
...sorry about that but Alaska (665,384.04Ksm) is the biggest state in the US and not Texas (268,596.46Ksm).

Do we have any law in Nigeria against odometer reading tampering?
grin we dont have

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

V6 Fuel Economy On Long Distance Journey (Lagos - Abuja) / Vehicle Licence Renewal: Information Required / Aston Martin Unveils N1.5 Billion Submarine (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.