Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,272 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes (15500 Views)

What To Do When Your Car Shakes / Grinding Noise In A Car - These Are Some Likely Reasons / Low Engine Power In Your Car? These Are Some Likely Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by moscobabs(m): 9:17pm On Aug 08, 2018
My own car shakes when I first ignite it but it balances when after 5mins driving

1 Like

Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by geezyk(m): 9:19pm On Aug 08, 2018
Josh44s:

Your village people nor get network that day.
Walahi, I suspected those people aswear, we just came back from grandmas burial less than a week before the poo happened..
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by empron(m): 9:21pm On Aug 08, 2018
agabusta:

What of engine and transmission mounts?? Can't they also be responsible for shaking and vibration?
Good points,even multiple misfiring cause by clogged injectors and spark plugs.
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by damzy88: 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2018
AutoReportNG:
At times when you put on the ignition of a car, one notices some abnormal shaking, it gets so bad when one is on motion and you are forced to park and get the cause. Well for those who seem to be having this issues, these are some likely reasons. While this may be an educational post, we still advise the service of a professional personnel to check the vehicle.

Who hasn’t witnessed a shimmy and shaky car once in their lifetime? Almost every car owner had gone through such a situation when they so shook that they felt just like enjoying a ride in an amusement park. Besides, you might be thinking, “why does my car shake when I turn it on?” Well, there is a reason behind your car shaking every time you turn it on.

Understanding the real reasons behind such behavior of your car can save you from standing clueless in the middle of nowhere. So, in case, your car shakes when starting, it is always better to know the reasons in advance to avoid any dilemma later on.

Why does my Car shake when I turn it on? Uncovering the reasons

There are a few reasons that can lead to car shaking as soon as you turn it on. Why not explore it here.

1. Engine Plight

[img]https://4.bp..com/-ebGUJMCxffg/W2s0b3I6j4I/AAAAAAAAT3g/trnu7JcdS_MHL8TLAEgakzbqv5sQXQDHACEwYBhgL/s640/motor5.jpg[/img]

The next time you think that why does my car shake when I turn it on, it could be an engine problem, possibly. Issues in the engine can make the car tremble. Yes, the engine compartment can emit the tremble or the shake. Maybe it’s not getting the appropriate amount of air, spark, or fuel to run smoothly. Symptoms that can signal you about the engine issues are a jerk while accelerating the car or may run fine for a while, and then begin to shake. When this happens, either you will have to buy a new spark plug or swap out those dirty filters to install a new one.

2. Brake Issues

[img]https://1.bp..com/-cjXfNEYqHRg/W2s0zZQSH1I/AAAAAAAAT3s/QGuuzpEkjx0XEfXw2-zQSiUg5to55CAgwCLcBGAs/s640/Brake-disc-and-caliper.jpg[/img]

Have you inspected warped brake rotors recently? Well, if not, then this could be the right time to check it, in case your car shakes when starting. Even brake problems can lead to a shaking car. The rotor is silver and shiny round shaped component that one can find in the disc brake system installed vehicles. Heavy wear and tear can affect its original shape, making it appear and work inappropriately.

When it is not in shape, it will probably be mounted from the surface. The original shape of the rotors is flat, which if damaged can lead to intensified vibrations in your car. Brake rotors are compressed with the calipers and the brake pads, leading to the vibration in your car. Hence, a proper check of brake and rotors on time can help.

3. Imbalanced Car Wheels

[img]https://3.bp..com/--fLKqEJJFUY/W2s0kjBrW2I/AAAAAAAAT3k/lV5Nq_FyRHMydVTo-u5QP_zbJxME0D-3wCLcBGAs/s1600/tire-steering-wheel-vibration.JPG[/img]

Generally, a shaking car means there is some trouble in the tires. But, most of us don’t realize that the issue could also be on the wheels of the vehicle. Sometimes, it isn’t the tires, but the wheels that cause your car to tremble. In such case, inspect for any clay or mud stuck to the wheels, which can be reached just by turning the wheels of the car.

If those metal squares have something like dirt or mud stuck inside it, then consider it the right time to clean it to get of vibrating cars. Mud stuck there unbalances the wheels, which leads to a shaken car. So, clean the wheels from every side to maintain the balance.

Conclusion

We hope that you might have got the answer to your question, which was why does my car shake when I turn it on. So, why not apply these tips in advance to get rid of all these reasons behind a trembling car before it actually happens.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2018/08/here-are-some-likely-reasons-why-your.html

[img]https://1.bp..com/-1qDOvldDQZE/W2s2eT8FT7I/AAAAAAAAT38/gJemWtVbLdc2l6bDEbR9S1TvqFCausbAACLcBGAs/s640/the_shaking_car.png[/img]
Thanks for your post.Could it be the reason why my mum's car shakes at 60km/h?Your thoughts and solution.

Thanks
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by clemz85(m): 9:51pm On Aug 08, 2018
Last diagram shakes die, looking at the pic alone my phone follow shake
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by chukiz(m): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2018
Bad coil and plugs could be the cause...
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by Martin0(m): 9:59pm On Aug 08, 2018
OboOlora:
Quite informative !

The major reason, especially in Nigeria is that no 3. A lot of car users underestimate the need to align tires and balance wheels regularly. I’m not even sure most know the difference.

Op, please add inadequate tire pressure too. Most car owners don’t know the adequate pressure for their car tires. They just tell Vulcanizer, ‘e ba mi fe 40 sinu e’ even when it’s a weak Tokunbo tire with expired date!

gbam this ur big head nor be for fancy ooogringrin
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by OboOlora(f): 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2018
Martin0:

gbam this ur big head nor be for fancy ooogringrin
grin
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by xaggar(m): 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2018
mytime24:
Cars too dey twerk na grin

My! You are sweet!
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by jangirova: 12:04am On Aug 09, 2018
luizkyworld:
Good post. My car actually vibrate & jerks whenever I accelerate. After several change of plugs & coils without appreciable result...I finally met a gud mechanic who told me straight up that the valves have to be grinded. That was it...problem solved. Don't waste ur cash on trial & errors, just go for auto diagnosis.

Hi, sent u a PM .
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by Gemc3(f): 12:31am On Aug 09, 2018
AutoReportNG. Educative, detailed and intelligent posts. Just like Explorers.

2 Likes

Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by romme2u: 2:04am On Aug 09, 2018
OboOlora:
Quite informative !

The major reason, especially in Nigeria is that no 3. A lot of car users underestimate the need to align tires and balance wheels regularly. I’m not even sure most know the difference.

Op, please add inadequate tire pressure too. Most car owners don’t know the adequate pressure for their car tires. They just tell Vulcanizer, ‘e ba mi fe 40 sinu e’ even when it’s a weak Tokunbo tire with expired date!

shocked

so you get sense like this

..............sha i for like private class but i no get motor ni
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by Bigboss111(m): 7:04am On Aug 09, 2018
Another reason why your car shakes or vibrates is when its Coil is faulty. This will affect the transmission of electrical current into Plugs. Also the Air Filters when blocked of faulty can cause same.
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by Martin0(m): 7:11am On Aug 09, 2018
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by cerpvad(m): 8:52am On Aug 09, 2018
If the car engine seats are bad, there will be jerking...
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by joyfullyjoyous(f): 11:16am On Aug 09, 2018
You forgot to mention some Lagos roads. Some of the roads are not car worthy. For instance if u stay in Egan and drive a car,in no time the sorry state of the car will tell you the roads are not car worthy.
Re: Here Are Some Likely Reasons Why Your Car Shakes by anjilgreat(f): 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2018
I had this shaking experience with my car sometime ago and my mechanic said the problem was the engine sitting i.e. the engine was not properly sitted.

(1) (2) (Reply)

About Brain Box Reprogamming. / How VW Lost The Rolls-Royce Brand To BMW 4 Yrs After Buying It For ₦200b / MY GOLF 3:how Do I Maintain It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.