Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,939 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria (21462 Views)

Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria / UNILORIN Exam Questions About 2019 Elections (Political Science) / Why You Should Have Your Postgraduate Study In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Yello1(m): 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2018
emmahoney:
You are correct except where you said that anyone with MPhil/PhD will apply for PhD. Such individual will have to apply for MPhil/PhD which can later be converted to PhD upon satisfactory performance .

However, some schools use to place students who even made minimum of "PhD Grade " on MPhil/PhD programme mainly because they didn't do M.Sc in their school.
I guess we moreorless saying same thing but u explained better. Most institution won't allow a PhD grade students from other schul to come in to dere schul as PhD student directly

1 Like

Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by freddaboh(m): 11:31pm On Aug 10, 2018
Phunmibi:
Hi, OP thanks for this topic. But do you know of any foreign university I can get to do PhD without masters?
BTW I am due for undergraduate graduation next year, I am studying Engineering and I am likely to graduate with a 4.8+
There are many schools in the UK that you can proceed straight to PhD without passing through the MSc phase.
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by TheSociopath(m): 6:12am On Aug 11, 2018
Quality20:
Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto(UDUS) is probably d coolest place to d PG programs.
cheap fees, about 104k per session and easy admission without stress ,even students per class could b as low as 3 or even 2 and at most 10. And what more , a 3rd class graduate can be admitted for masters if he/she has at least 5 yrs postgraduate relevant working experience.
Overall I think UDUS is d cheapest PG school in d country, with highly skilled manpower and new/standard amenities and infrastructures.
The application forms is currently on sale at d cost of 10k and sales of d form closes next month,except if extended

UNILORIN IS CHEAPER. FEES START FROM 82K
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by noahnaira: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2018
ultimate77:

Thanks very much. Please do you have an idea on how much the form is sold for?
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by InfinixMine: 3:10pm On Aug 11, 2018
Rhymeyjohn:

alot of universities are currently selling PG forms and some are closing soon, so hurry.

UI, UNILAG, UNIBEN.

Check.my blog for details

What's your thought about NOUN? please your honest opinion.
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by drakespearz(m): 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
ultimate77:

sure i am very much interested.. Ive asked so many peple to check it out for me but all are just as disfunctional as the 'p' in 'psychology'

please i like to know how much the form goes for and the processes.
For more information please
Call/whatsapp - 07062945873
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Rhymeyjohn: 9:02pm On Aug 11, 2018
InfinixMine:

What's your thought about NOUN? please your honest opinion.

NOUN is slow growing in reputation. The PG programme is tough, not as many people think that its a cheap certificate mill
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by InfinixMine: 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
Rhymeyjohn:

NOUN is slow growing in reputation. The PG programme is tough, not as many people think that its a cheap certificate mill

thanks for your response...

if NOUN MSc is tough does that mean UNILAG is not tough looking at part time study.
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Dface2: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2018
Good morning
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by ymsoy: 11:21am On Aug 13, 2018
DATA MANAGEMENT AND ANALYSIS TRAINING

This training is aimed at people who would like to strengthen their capacity using statistical data analysis software. The training will enhance the knowledge and skills of the participants to analyze data in a fast, accurate and easier manner by using Stata and SPSS software and will know how to interpret and present the results. This will also enable participants to gain experience of the practical application of the statistical analytical techniques.

TOPICS TO BE COVERED

Module 1: Introduction to SPSS and STATA Softwares

Module 2: Exploring Secondary Data Sources Online

Module 2: Data Entry, Management and Manipulation using SPSS and STATA

Module 3: Output management

Module 4: Statistical Graphics (Stata and SPSS Graphics)

Module 5: Quantitative data analysis and interpretation (descriptive, Inferential and regression analysis techniques) using SPSS and STATA

Who should attend?

-Researchers
-NGOs Staff
-Research Analysts
-Data analysts
-Clinicians
-Epidemiologists
-Programme Managers
-Undergraduate and Postgraduate students
-Market Researchers
-Clinical and Medical researchers
- Any other Person Interested in learning Data Analysis

Training Date: August 24th - 25th (10 am - 4 pm each day). Location is ABUJA.

Course Pricing
N20,000 per delegate. REGISTER HERE

Price Includes:
-Course attendance
-Certificate of attendance
-Lunch and Snacks
-Course Tutorial Videos
-STATA and SPSS Softwares

Requirements:

Each Delegate should come with a laptop and have a functional email address (10 am - 4 pm each day)

Contact/Inquiries:
To inquire about this course, contact:
Olayemi
Tel: 08139608388, 08038518576.
Suite 33 Mazfalah Plaza Karu Site Abuja.

CUSTOMIZED TRAINING: This training can also be customized for your institution or organization upon request. You can have it delivered to your preferred location on a later date. Contact us.

ACCOMMODATION
Accommodation is arranged upon request at your own cost. For reservations contact us.
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Phunmibi: 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
freddaboh:

There are many schools in the UK that you can proceed straight to PhD without passing through the MSc phase.

Please can you kindly give names.
Thanks
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Eblaize(m): 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2018
please can a graduate of economics (bsc) switch to business administration (msc) without a pgd
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Officer101(m): 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2018
Which university in Nigeria can admit someone for PhD with MBA (Agric Economics)?
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Dface2: 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
hi
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Rhymeyjohn: 11:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
Eblaize:
please can a graduate of economics (bsc) switch to business administration (msc) without a pgd
yes you can. But most master in business administration are usually MBA
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Rhymeyjohn: 11:03pm On Aug 18, 2018
Officer101:
Which university in Nigeria can admit someone for PhD with MBA (Agric Economics)?
none. You have to go through the M.phil route.
www.postgraduatenigeria.com.ng
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by PaschalPM(m): 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
moshoodn:
UNILAG is a great place to run a postgraduate course..

But I heard dat some Nigerian Universities don't accept Masters from UNILAG for Ph.D. 1 must do M.Phil 1st before he/she can do Ph.D
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01am On Feb 07, 2019
Davoneskay:

Modified: UI lecturers will never give any of their PG students issues. The ball is in d student's court. U hasten ur programme wit ur seriousness.
How do you know? Are you implying that all the departments are serious about postgraduate program?
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:03am On Feb 07, 2019
Quality20:
Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto(UDUS) is probably d coolest place to d PG programs.
cheap fees, about 104k per session and easy admission without stress ,even students per class could b as low as 3 or even 2 and at most 10. And what more , a 3rd class graduate can be admitted for masters if he/she has at least 5 yrs postgraduate relevant working experience.
Overall I think UDUS is d cheapest PG school in d country, with highly skilled manpower and new/standard amenities and infrastructures.
The application forms is currently on sale at d cost of 10k and sales of d form closes next month,except if extended
From your write up, you are probably referring to your department. Can this be said on other departments?
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06am On Feb 07, 2019
micflo28:
People who travel out to study and still come back to the country to search for jobs are missing out on something. The best place to run an MSc. Is in Nigerian lofty public universities and most likely a professional Masters, there you would meet top managers, budding or CEO's, politicians etc who could be of help to you getting a job or further a business venture if you influence their academic pursuit positively. If you know, you know.
The best place is abroad the Pull Him Down Syndrome is still relevant in many public universities
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Timblaze(m): 10:34am On Feb 08, 2019
op,nice and inspiring write up. I have a challenged I apply for a masters program I got the admission collected acceptance letter but wit all the post I have been seeing laterly get me confuse as if am making the wrong choice going for masters..this my Fourth year since I graduated and I have been teaching so I decide to go for masters in my field. "Biology education " pls am I doing the right thing??
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by adespecial: 4:54pm On Feb 11, 2019
Pls can one proceed to PhD with noun MSC cert
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Davoneskay(m): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2019
asuustrike1:

How do you know? Are you implying that all the departments are serious about postgraduate program?
I'm sorry for d generalisation. But my dept, Pol. Sci. did not give 'most students' issues.
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by olawalepopoola: 2:29pm On Feb 15, 2019
The situation of PG studies in Nigeria is gradually changing. Students are graduating faster compared to two decades ago. I am currently rounding up my Doctoral program which just 3 plus years in Geology and my testimony is real.
If you don't like research please stay off PG studies especially PhD cos it is interesting but very stressful.
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by olawalepopoola: 2:32pm On Feb 15, 2019
Timblaze:
op,nice and inspiring write up. I have a challenged I apply for a masters program I got the admission collected acceptance letter but wit all the post I have been seeing laterly get me confuse as if am making the wrong choice going for masters..this my Fourth year since I graduated and I have been teaching so I decide to go for masters in my field. "Biology education " pls am I doing the right thing??
Go for it if you think you need it ? Ask people in your career questions. Presently in China if you don't have a PhD you are not eligible to teach College students. Nigeria might develop to this level someday. So build yourself when you have the time
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Timblaze(m): 6:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
olawalepopoola:

Go for it if you think you need it ? Ask people in your career questions. Presently in China if you don't have a PhD you are not eligible to teach College students. Nigeria might develop to this level someday. So build yourself when you have the time
thanks
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Rhymeyjohn: 10:12am On May 25, 2019
InfinixMine:

thanks for your response...

if NOUN MSc is tough does that mean UNILAG is not tough looking at part time study.
Toughness is relative. You should look for a school that would teach you well.

Both NOUN & UNILAG masters are tough
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Winningtrick(m): 10:57am On May 25, 2019
I like education it widens my horizon but like to work as entrepreneur it gives me the deepest sense of accomplishment.
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by maxidgreat: 11:43am On May 25, 2019
please can a graduate with Bsc ed proceed to Msc instead of acquiring the masters in Education and which schools run this program??
I was told UNIZIK wouldn't admit such student into Msc without a PGD unless it is in d field of education.
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Senatordeproff: 5:22pm On May 25, 2019
I am a product of UI pgschool and can competently say the university is truly the first and the best. I am currently doing my PhD there and the school is fast. Only students most times delay themselves
asuustrike1:

From your write up, you are probably referring to your department. Can this be said on other departments?
Re: Top Questions About Postgraduate Study In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43am On May 26, 2019
Senatordeproff:
I am a product of UI pgschool and can competently say the university is truly the first and the best. I am currently doing my PhD there and the school is fast. Only students most times delay themselves
Are you sure? Nigerian public university is written off for me because many of them constitute sadist. Just speak of your department then I will understand

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ABU Zaria 2016 /2017 Second Batch Admission List Is Out / List Of Elds In Nigeria / Redeemers University Graduate Sponsored By A Stranger Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.