Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court (18661 Views)

Chicago State University: Tinubu’s Certificate Not Fake – Temitope Ajayi / Nnamdi Kanu Reacts As Keyamo Claims WAEC Certificate Not Needed To Be President / BREAKING: APC Releases List Of Governorship Candidates From 24 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Omeokachie: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2018
This judgement is not for Adeleke, but for Buhari

1 Like

Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by PapalsBull(m): 11:39am On Aug 09, 2018
[s]
bloodykiller:

just look at your oozing hypocrisy
yet you're supporting a certificateless dullard to keep presiding a country

shameless hypocrite
Tufiakwa
[/s]
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Krak(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2018
frowland:
Seems some PDP supporters preferred the candidate that came second during the primaries? I don't even know what is going on in that state.

PDP cannot win the Osun election at this period. The capacity is not just there.

My observation as an Officious Bystander.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by bloodykiller: 11:42am On Aug 09, 2018
PapalsBull:
Buhari is a criminal
we know
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by jchioma: 11:46am On Aug 09, 2018
babadee1:

The man does not have O level. He failed his WAEC exams F9 parallel. That someone attended secondary school does not mean he is educated to secondary school level. This is a miscarriage of justice.

Pardon me, I am not a Judge, but ...

Justice Oladimeji said the constitution only stipulated that the candidate must be educated up to secondary school level and that the plaintiff also admitted that the Senator attended Ede Grammar School.
The judge struck out the case saying that whether Adeleke obtained a certificate or not cannot be used to disqualify him and that the fact that he attended the school is enough for him to contest.

QED
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Mysine: 11:47am On Aug 09, 2018
Provision of Nigerian Constitution

177. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of Governor of a State if (a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
(b) he has attained the age of thirty-five years;
(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and
(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

The lawyers did not do their homework.
They admitted that he went to school. The constitution did not say PASSED School Certificate!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 09, 2018
akanbiaa:
IRONICALLY ADEMOLA ADELEKE POSSESSES A PhD.

Oga wetin we go do now, I actually think western democracy is the worst thing that ever happened to Africans especially Nigerians. Because most of the voters are stack hungry illiterates who can sell their future for just 5k.

Just look out the crops of active politicians we have, liers, Certificate forgers, kai some don't even have the certificate. worst part of it is that they also lack the intelligence & leadership qualities that will make you overlook their incompetence
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by akanbiaa(m): 11:53am On Aug 09, 2018
Jiang:

Oga wetin we go do now, I actually think western democracy is the worst thing that ever happened to Africans especially Nigerians. Because most of the voters are stack hungry illiterates who can sell their future for just 5k.

Just look out the crops of active politicians we have, liers, Certificate forgers, kai some don't even have the certificate. worst part of it is that they also lack the intelligence & leadership qualities that will make you overlook their incompetence
African democracy is actually about selfish interest, those who benefit from it will claim to enjoy and those who suffer condemn it,only few enjoy from it, check this nairaland post if mine to understand the problem we face and the reason why,I believe if this hits front page it will change orientation of many about the right attitude to this temporal life. Here it is https://www.nairaland.com/4666006/problem-nigeria
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Born2Breed(f): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2018
Minjim:

Youre comparing Buhari , a general in the Army . A post equivalent to a Phd holder with a high school drop out.

Do you even know what it takes to be a General ?

we have fewer General compare to Phd holders

A Major General compared to a doctorate degree? Someone that was promoted based on nepotism and favoritism? If not for the civil war and coup Buhari would have retired as a W/O.

Please return your certificate to your school.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by muzeze77: 11:54am On Aug 09, 2018
It's sad no more hope . Corruption everywhere . Even judges . So this judge has ruled that anyone who attended law school without passing the bar exam can still practice as a lawyer and even be a judge. So one does not have to pass secondary school exam just attending is the requirement. It's a shame
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by drlateef: 12:00pm On Aug 09, 2018
jojomario:
Our judiciary is mess.

Judiciary is not the mess, the Nigerian constitution is the mess.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by olaxm: 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2018
This is certificate judgemental is somehow confusing.

The constitution/law stipulate secdondary school as minimum. So if he adeleke present secondary cert he's still elebigble to contest.

But if he present above secondary cert. Like bsc msc etc and the prosecutors can prove to the law court that he never obtained them, then it become an offence.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Keegan: 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2018
Ori e ti gbale, ki lo kan APC?
Your head don knack ground, wetin concern APC in your useless party palaver again?

chiedozie198100:
APC, APC, APC...

how many times wey i call una name?

Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by HAH: 12:10pm On Aug 09, 2018
Mysine:
Provision of Nigerian Constitution

177. A person shall be qualified for election to the office of Governor of a State if (a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth;
(b) he has attained the age of thirty-five years;
(c) he is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and
(d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

The lawyers did not do their homework.
They admitted that he went to school. The constitution did not say PASSED School Certificate!!!
you are right the lawyers are the ones that bungled the case, the judge is right since even the complainant agreed that the plaintiff attended ede grammer school but did not finish, sadly no where in the constitution says you must complete, only attendance is needed
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by babadee1(m): 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2018
jchioma:

Pardon me, I am not a Judge, but ...

QED

The ruling is still wrong regardless. This is why we have superior courts. If the plaintiffs take it up on appeal it will likely be overruled. But then again this is Nigeria where enough money can buy you the kind of justice you want.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by maxipharo(m): 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2018
Nogodye:
"Certificate is not compulsory in a contest for governorship election" So what are the hope of a graduate in this nation.How will his government value education?That means his cabinets will be full of illitrate...What a nation.
Illiterate Who education help now
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Menace2Society(m): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2018
The Judge was right !
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 09, 2018
jchioma:
The judge was right, our constitution is clear on the requirements for one to hold elective posts in Nigeria. So, why bar the man when he has at least the minimum requirement - O level.
If u don't know the story, just shut up, this man o level, dey show pending, meaning he doesn't have one self.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by paramakina202: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2018
See wetin Buhari dey cause,if our president is without certificate why a should a governorship candidate be disqualified for lack of no certificate?
That will be an injustice to the Michael Jackson of South-West of politics.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Maket: 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:
The judge struck out the case saying that whether Adeleke obtained a certificate or not cannot be used to disqualify him and that the fact that he attended the school is enough for him to contest.
Chai!
Chai!
Chia!
He can contests but can't govern the state. Certificate is the only proof to show that one attended the school.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by wordcat(m): 12:39pm On Aug 09, 2018
seguno2:

Have you seen the relevant part of our constitution?
Go and find out
first before you complain about the judges who simply apply the laws that WE have in our books.

What's the prove that one attended a particular school if not certificate??
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by jchioma: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
charliboy654:

If u don't know the story, just shut up, this man o level, dey show pending, meaning he doesn't have one self.

Nairaland no make you know your mates again... poor parentage I suppose.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by mike1994reds: 12:50pm On Aug 09, 2018
seborrhic:
Is this a judge or an agbero disguised as a judge?
So the constitution that prescribed a minimum qualification of school certificate for political office was just inserted for the fun of it?
This judge should be investigated. He/she has either been bribed or lacks the basic education to have been made a judge in the first place.
The judge just interpreted what the law says, so far you finish secondary school, you can contest any political post in Nigeria. I hope you too can see why we need to do away with that constitution given us by the military. It cant work for us
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by nextstep(m): 12:58pm On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:
There was a nation!
Even a JSS 3 Certificate holder can become a Governor in this country then.
No wonder.....

You know, there are no specific educational requirement to lead in most countries... US, UK, Japan, China. What we need are leaders faithful to Nigeria - you can always hire educated people to fulfill goals. High education has not stopped our various Ministers, Senators, Governors from robbing us blind.

1 Like

Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by seborrhic: 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
mike1994reds:

The judge just interpreted what the law says, so far you finish secondary school, you can contest any political post in Nigeria. I hope you too can see why we need to do away with that constitution given us by the military. It cant work for us
Pls can you cite that portion of the constitution and is it exclusive to governorship candidates or is general to all political offices.
If secondary school attendance alone is the prerequisite,why did Buhari hire 99 SANs just to defend claim of him not having a secondary school certificate?
Until I see that portion of the constitution,I still say that judge has his whole judicial acumen or even qualification all suspect.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by micflo28(m): 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
We need to deemphasize certificate frenzy and emphasize on skills and competency.Osibanjo has a Ph.D what has he achieved as a vice president?. Certificate doesn't guarantee performance.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Bakrabas: 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2018
Something is now clear to me here, who are the law benders that bent the law to suit themselves.

Another opportunity for APC in Osun because some members of PDP would work against this dancing Senators.

Yoruba adage says "we do not return from court and become friends". Those would filed the case against him will surely work for his downfall.

I'm expecting political transfer in Osun anytime
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by Adebowale89(m): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2018
Nigeria constitution is nonsense. a country with low or no jurisprudence law is a continent embarrassment.

just imagine the 1999 constitution obj made to suit his predicament then, the same ediot still have mouth to be talking in Nigeria governance. if Nigerians are truly sensitive, someone like obj and other useless generals shouldn't be remember again talkless of giving chance to rule

a governor of a state should have degree and the lawmakers while the chairman should be left with olevel

this is annoying. if I no join politics no be my mama born me
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by seguno2: 2:44pm On Aug 09, 2018
wordcat:
What's the prove that one attended a particular school if not certificate??

Please READ the judgement.
Cheers
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by seguno2: 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
Adebowale89:
Nigeria constitution is nonsense. a country with low or no jurisprudence law is a continent embarrassment.

just imagine the 1999 constitution obj made to suit his predicament then, the same ediot still have mouth to be talking in Nigeria governance. if Nigerians are truly sensitive, someone like obj and other useless generals shouldn't be remember again talkless of giving chance to rule

a governor of a state should have degree and the lawmakers while the chairman should be left with olevel

this is annoying. if I no join politics no be my mama born me

Abacha was responsible for the 1999 constitution.
Re: Ademola Adeleke: Certificate Not Compulsory For Governorship Candidates – Court by BAVOSKI(m): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
modelmike7:
There was a nation!
Even a JSS 3 Certificate holder can become a Governor in this country then.
No wonder.....
Even pry 6

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Story Of Col Frank Omenka, The Butcher / NNPC Hints Of Fuel Pump Price Rise, Says N145 Cheapest In West Africa / Edo PDP Primaries: Court strikes out suit to stop Obaseki from contesting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.