Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta (436 Views)

Akpabio: My First Grandchild Died Due To Neglect At A Government Hospital / My Defection To APC Is Not Finance-Related - Femi Fani-Kayode To Seun Okinbaloye / How Tinubu, Oshiomhole And Balarabe Musa Stopped My Defection - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta by meethumb: 7:49am On Aug 09, 2018
Former Senate Minority Leader, Obong Godswill Akpabio, has said his decision to decamp from the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to the ruling All People’s Congress (APC) was in national interest.

This is even as he boasted that his exit will mark the end of the opposition party in the Niger Delta region.

Akpabio, the former Governor of Akwa Ibom, stated this at a grand rally in Ikot Ekpene on Wednesday where he formerly declared for the APC.

He said that the nationalist instinct in him also informed his decision at a time the nation needed peace to grapple with pressing challenges.

“I decided to join the APC at this time because I am a nationalist. In times like this, everybody should support to bring peace to our dear nation; to stop the killings and ensure employment for our teeming youths.

“With my declaration, uncommon change has come to Akwa Ibom. We believe that South-South cannot stand alone on its own.

“We need to collaborate with others. I consulted. What I have done today is to take the people of the South-South to the centre.

“Whatever I do is in the interest of of Akwa Ibom. I want to leave a legacy in the national interest.

He also urged his former party to have what he called a reward system.
“With my exit, this is the end of PDP in Niger Delta Delta’’, Senator Akpabio said.

Read more: https://abacityblog.com/2018/08/akpabio-my-defection-marks-the-end-of-pdp-in-niger-delta.html

Re: Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta by Scream(m): 7:52am On Aug 09, 2018
Comedian! Someone that was Minority Leader for 3 years, Niger Delta didn't know.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta by KingsJohnson(m): 7:52am On Aug 09, 2018
Akpabio the dreamer grin grin grin grin
Re: Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta by AllTheWayUp: 8:03am On Aug 09, 2018
Mad man
Same thing Amaechi said in 2015

1 Like

Re: Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta by Blakjewelry(m): 8:09am On Aug 09, 2018
why these guys acting like gods
Re: Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta by SolutionMee: 8:23am On Aug 09, 2018
Not only Niger Delta

Naa the whole of Africa join sef

Learn from Don Saraki that decamped 16 LGA Chairman's, 23 house of Assembly members, a serving governor and other heavy weights politician in Kwara State

A man that singlehandedly buried APC in Kwara State

Yet, he never claimed to deliver SW

Unlike him, you're now a political orphan in your State

You better fight for yourself and try coming back as a sinator next year rather than fighting a battle that is more stronger than your political career
Re: Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta by gidgiddy: 8:26am On Aug 09, 2018

“I decided to join the APC at this time because I am a nationalist"

Which is another way of saying

"It is my duty to join any party that is In power"
Re: Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta by aolawale025: 8:29am On Aug 09, 2018
Let him even return as a senator first in 2019
Re: Akpabio: My Defection Marks The End Of PDP In Niger Delta by gare(f): 8:53am On Aug 09, 2018
SPEAK FOR YOUR STATE, YOU ARE NOT A REGIONAL LEADER LIKE TINUBU, IF YOU WANT TO CARRY YOUR STATE TO APC THAT IS UP TO YOU AND AKWA IBOMITES, SO DONT MENTION NIGER DELTA, HAVE HEARD ANYBODY FROM ANY OF THE NIGER DELTA STATES COMMENT ON YOUR DEFECTION EXCEPT AMAECHI OF APC, SO DONT BE SO CARRIED AWAY

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Are These Rivers Patriots And Revered (eminent) Personalities Not Qualified For / Kenya Lawyer: Improve Your Healthcare So Buhari Doesn’t Go Abroad For Medicals / And Gov. Yahaya Bello Is Delivering The Dividends Of Democracy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.