Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG (48032 Views)

New Wage Begins April, FG Votes ₦‎24 Trillion For Salaries / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary / New Minimum Wage Nationwide Strike Begins September 26 – Nigeria Labour Congress (2) (3) (4)

Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2018
pryme:

Unfortunately you sound like you are being paid to criticize.
You forget to take into consideration that a committee was set up for this, it's been on for months and it's a tripartite committee it does not involve only the federal government.
Last time I checked we did not ask how come the senate set juicy emoluments for them selves neither did we ask where there will get the funds from.

Let the FG worry about that, they are not asking for our money to execute the new minimum wage.

The first thought that occurred to you sir is that I may be paid to comment?

Being that all you APc supporters are paid to spread lies it isn't far-fetched that you assume every counter view is backed by monetary motives .

I will not even bother explaining further sir .

Thank you
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by Tareq1105: 9:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
Oshin56:
Few months to election see vampire government

What did the last government do concerning your salary for its 5yrs?

I beg, be appreciative

Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by ezana1(m): 10:35pm On Aug 09, 2018
deedy111:
SEE THESE CALABAR MAN POLITICAL ASPIRANT INTERVIEW VIDEO BELOW AND HAVE SOME FUN.

WARNING!!
VERY VERY FUNNY, YOU CAN TRY NOT TO LAUGH IF YOU CAN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS69LDpKmAI

Lol, na wa o
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by Itiswell2018: 1:59am On Aug 10, 2018
This is an old news, NLC held its 40th anniversary around February this yr that was when ngige said so. Events might have over ridden it. Pls lets confirm better in order not to enter "one chance"
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by ayokellany: 2:18am On Aug 10, 2018
BruncleZuma:
This is Nigeria... Election don near ooohhh

[img]https://media1./images/7f0a542eb169c8c04ac746286a018aa6/tenor.gif[/img]

So you’d rather it cancel till a new govt comes ba ? Some of you need brain surgery I swear.

Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by 989900: 4:32am On Aug 10, 2018
Bhol28:
Wailing has been programmed in their skull,they can never see and appreciate any good mission accomplished by pmb.They prefer those who have been looting treasury for years all becos of hatred.

I can't understand why some folks can't recognise where their bread is being buttered -- even when increasing wages is only the legal thing to do!

Save for the Fulani herdsmen issue (which is of course a very, very big issue) and some other few fxckups, PMB has done exceedingly better than his predecessors (which of course is an indicator of how bad we've had it as a people leadership wise).

The hatred against the presidency even for policies that would ultimately put food on their tables is alarming. Most of the bile you see here is basically because they know that almost automatically keeps the President in power past 2019.

How they gleefully support all those that have economically ruined this country and continue to do so while fattening on their blood and sweat is frightening!

P.S. On a personal note, a moderate increase in salary coupled with increase in the value of the Naira would be the near perfect scenario.

Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by pryme(m): 8:38am On Aug 10, 2018
jenigurl:

The first thought that occurred to you sir is that I may be paid to comment?

Being that all you APc supporters are paid to spread lies it isn't far-fetched that you assume every counter view is backed by monetary motives .

I will not even bother explaining further sir .

Thank you

Be assertive with your views.
Rise above hate.
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by pryme(m): 8:49am On Aug 10, 2018
buchilino:

NIGERIAN POLITICANS WILL USE ONE HAND 2 PAY MINIMUM WAGE N USE D OTHER HAND 2 COLLECT IT THOUGH INFLATION

Pls stop exposing how ignorant you are in public forum. Get your facts right about what causes inflation.
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by Nobody: 9:05am On Aug 10, 2018
pryme:

Be assertive with your views.
Rise above hate.

Hate you say
Every time you APC sponsored commentators type it is full of hate and irrational views

You attack anti buhari citizens and label them sympathizers of corruption. Yet all corrupt politicians in PDP are now in APC

You want the citizens to praise these people as long as they remain in APC once they leave you want us to hate them.

You see how irrational that is? Buhari is and always be a failure
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by pryme(m): 9:19am On Aug 10, 2018
jenigurl:

Hate you say
Every time you APC sponsored commentators type it is full of hate and irrational views

You attack anti buhari citizens and label them sympathizers of corruption. Yet all corrupt politicians in PDP are now in APC

You want the citizens to praise these people as long as they remain in APC once they leave you want us to hate them.

You see how irrational that is? Buhari is and always be a failure

I remember my first reply to your comment some well known facts leading to the new minimum wage, but what do you reply with? Nothing but sentiments and rants devoid of any stats or facts to counter my argument.

You like most people here only come up with empty rants. Are you aware or you choose to ignore the fact that this minimum wage thing has been in the pipe since last year?

Even the thought of a new minimum wage is a failure?
Do you know how much the price of goods have gone since the introduction of 18000.00 minimum wage?
Are you a civil servant or a public servant?
Are you even aware that things were hard because we were in recession?

These are facts that you have to reassessed and come up with a reasonable argument before I can take you seriously.
This is not about APC or PDP (I hate them both), this is about the common man on the street.

Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2018
pryme:

I remember my first reply to your comment some well known facts leading to the new minimum wage, but what do you reply with? Nothing but sentiments and rants devoid of any stats or facts to counter my argument.

You like most people here only come up with empty rants. Are you aware or you choose to ignore the fact that this minimum wage thing has been in the pipe since last year?

Even the thought of a new minimum wage is a failure?
Do you know how much the price of goods have gone since the introduction of 18000.00 minimum wage?
Are you a civil servant or a public servant?
Are you even aware that things were hard because we were in recession?

These are facts that you have to reassessed and come up with a reasonable argument before I can take you seriously.
This is not about APC or PDP (I hate them both), this is about the common man on the street.

And how has buhati shown he cares about the common man in the street sir?

Buhari has pulverized all institutions, his lack of the required mental skills to steer a dynamic nation like Nigeria has left the common man more improvised than ever.

It's like he takes his economic policies off WikiHow!
They are devoid of sustainable realistic strategic moves to work in a dynamic economy like that of Nigeria .

He appointments average individuals at best into key positions based on the most absurd metrics mostly tribe, religion and bloodlines .

Where do you get off trying to sell a failure as a stellar performer? I take it you have never worked in a structured bluechip company or a multinational at that or you would know what KPIs are and how laughable it looks when you say buhari is working .

You do not know it understand what it means to manage a team and stop top performers within that team.

You are either a new college student of a college applicant at best.

So when I say you don't have a clue I am not being sentimental I am stating very obvious facts which all intellectuals here can see.

It has nothing to do with buharis tribe or religion, I am part Muslim sir, but when one sees performance it is obvious from the go.

You don't have to convince anyone who a top performers is, Fashola was and is, Obama was , Clinton was, Ghanahian president is, Ugandan president is, the president of France is. I could go on and on

So please don't come here and speak nonsense and try to pass it off as wisdom . Gone are the days when people who spoke in low voices where lablked wise, the content speaks for itself not the tone

Buhari is an abysmal failure
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by pryme(m): 10:03am On Aug 10, 2018
jenigurl:

And how has buhati shown he cares about the common man in the street sir?

Buhari has pulverized all institutions, his lack of the required mental skills to steer a dynamic nation like Nigeria has left the common man more improvised than ever.

It's like he takes his economic policies off WikiHow!
They are devoid of sustainable realistic strategic moves to work in a dynamic economy like that of Nigeria .

He appointments average individuals at best into key positions based on the most absurd metrics mostly tribe, religion and bloodlines .

Where do you get off trying to sell a failure as a stellar performer? I take it you have never worked in a structured bluechip company or a multinational at that or you would know what KPIs are and how laughable it looks when you say buhari is working .

You do not know it understand what it means to manage a team and stop top performers within that team.

You are either a new college student of a college applicant at best.

So when I say you don't have a clue I am not being sentimental I am stating very obvious facts which all intellectuals here can see.

It has nothing to do with buharis tribe or religion, I am part Muslim sir, but when one sees performance it is obvious from the go.

You don't have to convince anyone who a top performers is, Fashola was and is, Obama was , Clinton was, Ghanahian president is, Ugandan president is, the president of France is. I could go on and on

So please don't come here and speak nonsense and try to pass it off as wisdom . Gone are the days when people who spoke in low voices where lablked wise, the content speaks for itself not the tone

Buhari is an abysmal failure

I don't need to work in Blue chip company to know how responsibilities are delegated, in country that everything was built on a foundation of corruption, it will take more than 4 years and the current constitution to set this country on the right course.

A country with very weak institutions is like Nigeria has no business to compare its self with likes of US, FRANCE and Ghana.

Why single out Buhari? do you think in country of over 180 million people he can do everything? What about the clueless Governors that cant pay salaries despite bail out funds approved by (the failure himself - Buhari).

I don't remember you pointing a finger to the person that brought Nigeria to Her knees.
Do you rate someones government coming out of a recession?
What - you are going to mention the Obama's administration? A government that shelled out trillions of dollars to absorb the shock of recession.

But in Nigeria's case how much did we save in case of recession? You try to compare a new government of 3 that just came out recession with another government of 16yrs that witnessed oil boom at one stage. A person with sound analytical thinking won't do that.

You talk about education, those people that loot this country dry, most of them attended the best schools in the world, are you telling me they were not taught the right thing to do?

Spare me that nonsense of going to school.
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by Oshin56(m): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2018
Tareq1105:

What did the last government do concerning your salary for its 5yrs?

I beg, be appreciative
The PDP government increase it to 19,800 please if you don't know
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 10, 2018
pryme:

I don't need to work in Blue chip company to know how responsibilities are delegated, in country that everything was built on a foundation of corruption, it will take more than 4 years and the current constitution to set this country on the right course.

A country with very weak institutions is like Nigeria has no business to compare its self with likes of US, FRANCE and Ghana.

Why single out Buhari? do you think in country of over 180 million people he can do everything? What about the clueless Governors that cant pay salaries despite bail out funds approved by (the failure himself - Buhari).

I don't remember you pointing a finger to the person that brought Nigeria to Her knees.
Do you rate someones government coming out of a recession?
What - you are going to mention the Obama's administration? A government that shelled out trillions of dollars to absorb the shock of recession.

But in Nigeria's case how much did we save in case of recession? You try to compare a new government of 3 that just came out recession with another government of 16yrs that witnessed oil boom at one stage. A person with sound analytical thinking won't do that.

You talk about education, those people that loot this country dry, most of them attended the best schools in the world, are you telling me they were not taught the right thing to do?

Spare me that nonsense of going to school.

Again I say maybe you haven't even worked for vacation, how on Earth is a government of 3 years a new government? Is it not the same people who ruked for 16 years that are in the current government? Should I roll off names? Okay Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Oshimole, all the security chiefs have been in armed forces for over 20 years each so they didn't start today to use that as an excuse as to why security in Nigeria is so terrible.

Tinubu in APC has been in power since, who in APC is new to governance? So that discredits your kable of new government!

Again I say when you start working in a structured organization, 3 months yes you are new but after 3 years?? Stop talking sir please all due respect I don't understand whom you interact with that has made you assume this sort of logic but please in public circles don't do this it is embarrassing.

APC have failed simply because they lack the will to change anything! They were more interested in getting to power but had no clue what to do next so they sort of winged it, and like any large corporation in which the board chosee to wing it instead of deliberate Strategic steps disaster ensues ! Hence why Nigeria's economy is in chaos .

Do not speak for the sake of it, let our words carry depth and thought there in.

I hopw you understand now sir ?
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by pryme(m): 11:15am On Aug 10, 2018
jenigurl:

Again I say maybe you haven't even worked for vacation, how on Earth is a government of 3 years a new government? Is it not the same people who ruked for 16 years that are in the current government? Should I roll off names? Okay Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Oshimole, all the security chiefs have been in armed forces for over 20 years each so they didn't start today to use that as an excuse as to why security in Nigeria is so terrible.

Tinubu in APC has been in power since, who in APC is new to governance? So that discredits your kable of new government!

Again I say when you start working in a structured organization, 3 months yes you are new but after 3 years?? Stop talking sir please all due respect I don't understand whom you interact with that has made you assume this sort of logic but please in public circles don't do this it is embarrassing.

APC have failed simply because they lack the will to change anything! They were more interested in getting to power but had no clue what to do next so they sort of winged it, and like any large corporation in which the board chosee to wing it instead of deliberate Strategic steps disaster ensues ! Hence why Nigeria's economy is in chaos .

Do not speak for the sake of it, let our words carry depth and thought there in.

I hopw you understand now sir ?

You are smart - but by half in this case.

You made a mistake by mentioning this names - Oshiomole, Amechi, Ngige. These people were in the opposition. We both know what happens to opposing governors in this country.
I agree with you that Nigeria is terrible, but blaming everything on Buhari is laughable. Is it Buhari's job to carry out the Obligation of the service chiefs?
I believe you know about delegating duty in Government.

I think we have digressed from what brought this argument in the first place - the new Minimum wage.
You talk about me not working in vacation (what ever that is), as a worker your self are you saying the announcement of the upward review of minimum wage is irritating and a move towards failure? If so what would have been the alternative to improve workers welfare?
I would like you to answer this devoid of party affiliation.

And for the record am not a Buhari fan, am just someone that hate people playing politics with everything.
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 10, 2018
pryme:

You are smart - but by half in this case.

You made a mistake by mentioning this names - Oshiomole, Amechi, Ngige. These people were in the opposition. We both know what happens to opposing governors in this country.
I agree with you that Nigeria is terrible, but blaming everything on Buhari is laughable. Is it Buhari's job to carry out the Obligation of the service chiefs?
I believe you know about delegating duty in Government.

I think we have digressed from what brought this argument in the first place - the new Minimum wage.
You talk about me not working in vacation (what ever that is), as a worker your self are you saying the announcement of the upward review of minimum wage is irritating and a move towards failure? If so what would have been the alternative to improve workers welfare?
I would like you to answer this devoid of party affiliation.

And for the record am not a Buhari fan, am just someone that hate people playing politics with everything.

Okay then , let's agree to disagree
I like that you aren't a fan of Buhari that calms my nerves . I mean my daddy was a core buhari fan pre election period but for you to know the devastation buharis policies has had you need to speak to people like my dad. He runs an audit firm and he tells us all the time how the books of medium to large scale clients have tanked in the last 3 years .

Propaganda can be spun to reflect anything but numbers do not liie. Nigeria is still very much in a recession sir . Do not believe the hype , employment ratings are in the negative and inflation is in double figure rises so what else does one need to see to rate a government of over 3 years ?

This has been a very pleasant exchange and you are sound and mature . Thank you for this sir.

Enjoy your day
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by pryme(m): 11:50am On Aug 10, 2018
jenigurl:

Okay then , let's agree to disagree
I like that you aren't a fan of Buhari that calms my nerves . I mean my daddy was a core buhari fan pre election period but for you to know the devastation buharis policies has had you need to speak to people like my dad. He runs an audit firm and he tells us all the time how the books of medium to large scale clients have tanked in the last 3 years .

Propaganda can be spun to reflect anything but numbers do not liie. Nigeria is still very much in a recession sir . Do not believe the hype , employment ratings are in the negative and inflation is in double figure rises so what else does one need to see to rate a government of over 3 years ?

This has been a very pleasant exchange and you are sound and mature . Thank you for this sir.

Enjoy your day

Yeah, am also surprise about the exchange, politics section always makes my blood boil cos we breathe eat and sleep insults here.

Ofcos I will enjoy my day, but I hope you will enjoy more when the new minimum wage is implemented grin grin

Until then remain valuable angry
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 10, 2018
pryme:

Yeah, am also surprise about the exchange, politics section always makes my blood boil cos we breathe eat and sleep insults here.

Ofcos I will enjoy my day, but I hope you will enjoy more when the new minimum wage is implemented grin grin

Until then remain valuable angry

Gracias
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by buchilino(m): 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
pryme:

Pls stop exposing how ignorant you are in public forum. Get your facts right about what causes inflation.

SINCE UR HIGHLY EXPOSED, Y NOT EDUCATE WE D UNEXPOSED ONES CONCERNING INFLATION.
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by ozaji: 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
All workers most vote out these useless Govenment.
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by pryme(m): 5:30pm On Aug 10, 2018
buchilino:

SINCE UR HIGHLY EXPOSED, Y NOT EDUCATE WE D UNEXPOSED ONES CONCERNING INFLATION.

It's the state of the economy and decisions taken by the federal government that brings about inflation, not politicians. You can take some time out and find out how it works. Google is your friend.
Re: New Minimum Wage Begins Before End Of Sept ―FG by buchilino(m): 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
pryme:

It's the state of the economy and decisions taken by the federal government that brings about inflation, not politicians. You can take some time out and find out how it works. Google is your friend.

DON'T BRING DRAG GOOGLE INTO DIS MATTER. BESIDES WHO R D PPLE IN CHARGE OF FG MINISTRIES, AGENCIES. R THESE PPLE CARRIER CIVIL SERVANTS OR POLITICAL APPOINTEES. AM WAITING FOR U 2 EDUCATE WE D UNENLIGHTENED ONES ON INFLATION.

Ojukwu Or Emir Of Kano: Who Owned The Roll-Royce Used By The Queen Of England? / Tolulope Arotile: Father Speaks As Sympathizers Visit Residence Of Female Pilot / Dino Melaye Reconciles With Dimeji Bankole At His Mother's Burial (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75