Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. (1517 Views)

Share your experience on God's calling you into ministry / Is GOD Calling You? (By Truthunedited) / Prophet Bernard Siam: Stop Calling Me Spiritual Father If You Don’t Pay Me Tithe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by okpeman: 4:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
Please pastors in the house I really need your help.
I will start by saying I am a Christian but I don't really attend church regularly but I believe in prayers and everything that the Bible instructed.
Were I need Godly and good spiritual advice now is all things started in 2016 when I travel to Ghana for a greener pastures.

In that year 2016 I was working but all my work results to disappointment then between like August or October I was in a dream and some body told me that before I will make it I should seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. In Matt 6:33 but then I didn't take that dream serious.

Fast forward to 2018 after I attend a fasting program for 21 days in January, I started having so many revelation about things like

1? I was in a dream and I met some people in a line waiting for an interview then I join them but I can't remember the question that I was ask but asking a woman she is like a secretary in the office about the out come of the interview and she told me that it is a most that I will have the job and I should come the following week for the letter of employment then I wake from the revelation.

Secondly in another month in a dream,I don't really know what happened but a man came to me and said this is the name of the church you will open and he gave me 2 names that if I did not one I should use the other one.

Thirdly within that week in a dream a man came to me and said it is time to go for an evangelism and I told the man I don't know what to preach in the evangelism but the man I should just and tell people for God so love the word John 3 v 16

Another day the man came and said it is your faith and you and any word I decree it shall come to pass

In a dream again the man came and give me a certificate and told me that this is a certificate of appointment to be a minister that the new elected government have appointed me that the inauguration is coming up the next day in Abuja that I should not fail to attend and i thanking him knee down and thank him then I wake and it was a revelation.

So this dreams give me deep worry and I when to meet my pastor and explained to him and he said it is the call of God and he gave me a verse to read and pray that God if it's God voice the he will still speak to me in the dream again and I should meet him the Sunday and explained what God reveal to me,so I left and I pray as directed by my pastor and by Friday I was in a dream and I was complaining that if I start now what will I eat I don't have job,no money what will my family eat and a woman came told me to read Psalm 23 and I was telling the woman that this is not what I'm complaining about and she insists I should go and read it then I wake from that revelation. When I explained it to my pastor he said it is really the calling of God and he testify the way he started.

My worries now is, is this really the calling of God in my life.

2 the fear of what I will eat if I start the work is still worries me.

3. I don't have money to buy anything to start.

4. Do you think that is demonic revelations.

4. I'm not familiar with anything concerning church,I have never partake in any activity in church before. My own is I attend service and when I close I walk straight to my house and I don't really know the Bible but I only know one one in the Bible.

Please in the write up I know I made so many mistake but this matter no be English mistake matter, I no go reading or writing so abeg nairaland canta force make una easy na advice I need.

Note there are so many other things I was told in a dream but I can't say all.

1 Like

Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by OneCorner: 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2018
We can do business togeda if ur ready

1 Like

Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by Humblesam(m): 4:29pm On Aug 09, 2018
You might called by God....go deep into prayers and start evangelizing.
Stop asking what to eat and how to start, when He calls,He makes provision.
Get to work..God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2018
Who said you can't get a job and still serve God? There are working pastors, not all are fulltime pastors. Well, I think you have a call, but you'll need to give your life to Christ, attend a bible institute, get involved in your church; join a service group, then listen more to the calling as these would prepare you for the task ahead.

Ignore negative comments on this thread as there are more fools on Nairaland than anywhere else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 09, 2018
Yeah you have a calling.. Whats your location.
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by dollytino4real(f): 7:48pm On Aug 09, 2018
pls hear well o
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by enilove(m): 8:07pm On Aug 09, 2018
Op , I don't think it is God Almighty that is calling you.

1. God is a God of preparation . He does not call someone who knows nothing about His words ( Bible ).

2.., The God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob has nothing to do with the government of this world. According to your dreams , you said you were told that the "PRESENT GOVERNMENT HAS APPOINTED YOU AND THAT YOU SHOULD GO TO ABUJA FOR THE APPONITMENT AS A MINISTER.
This is a clear indication that it is the government of this world system that is calling you.

1 Corinthians 2:12 KJV
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

3,,. The certificate given to you in the dream is that of the devil. If actually it were God that was calling you to do His work , what would have been given to you would have been a BIBLE and not a certificate .

4 .... There is no way you be successful in the work of God without the HOLY SPIRIT , and the Holy Spirit needs the word of God in your life to be able to use you fully as a minister .
You must receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit to work effectively for God. This is not negotiable , it is a must.
Anyone who has received the Holy Spirit can't be at ease without daily reading his Bible.

Those are my points , and I pray you don't get deceived by the devil.

Many have gone to hell through the deceit of the devils. It is latter they will be getting more instructions from those personalities which will yield results until it is too late for them to turn back. Then they would have gone into evil covenants with great consequences.

Pls , pray and be very careful about that your present church.

1 Like

Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by delkuf(m): 8:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
kimbraa:
Who said you can't get a job and still serve God? There are working pastors, not all are fulltime pastors. Well, I think you have a call, but you'll need to give your life to Christ, attend a bible institute, get involved in your church; join a service group, then listen more to the calling as these would prepare you for the task ahead.

Ignore negative comments on this thread as there are more fools on Nairaland than anywhere else.
please give the guy reasonable answer. must he be a pastor and work. Take a look at those pastors that work and do the work of a pastor, did they really attained the height of those that do the work of God squarely without. Pastor Adeboye, Bishop oyedepo, and the dunamis man comes to mind. OP, i can assure you can never work for God, and suffer. I am presently regretting why haven't I take God serious before now. I have take serving God serious recently, and God have been surprise me. it is just too much. so if God call you, all those things you listed should be of no concern.
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by shegzyzee(m): 10:45pm On Aug 09, 2018
after I read all the comment..I will tell u that u have the call of God over your head...BT it does not mean u shud start a ministry immediately.u n need to know that those revelations are Gods way of declaring the end from the beginning.he told Saul of Tarsus that he will bring his name to the gentile the same day Jesus appeared to him.BT the ministry did nt start until holy spirit SD they shud separate Paul and bananas for the work that he had called them.

The fact that u have been called does not immediately mean d starting of a local church.u still need to the separated for that assignment. These are the things that separation into God will help u to discover:
1.The kind of ministry God is calling u into
2. The office that u will be using to operate this ministry( prophet,pastor,teacher and evangelist)
3.The location of ur ministry.. may b to found a church or u are raised to take up an already established church like pastor Adeboye..
If u still need for clarification please frrely contact me ..
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by Zodiac61(m): 11:21pm On Aug 09, 2018
I smell the lure of filthy lucre.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by Chiedu4Trump: 1:44am On Aug 10, 2018
You wan collect tithes

2 Likes

Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 11, 2018
okpeman:
Please pastors in the house I really need your help.
I will start by saying I am a Christian but I don't really attend church regularly but I believe in prayers and everything that the Bible instructed.
Were I need Godly and good spiritual advice now is all things started in 2016 when I travel to Ghana for a greener pastures

So this dreams give me deep worry and I when to meet[b] my pastor and explained to him and he said it is the call of God and he gave me a verse to read and pray that God if it's God voice the he will still speak to me [/b]in the dream again and I should meet him the Sunday and explained what God reveal to me,so I left and I pray as directed by my pastor and by Friday I was in a dream and I was complaining that if I start now what will I eat I don't have job,no money what will my family eat and a woman came told me to read Psalm 23 and I was telling the woman that this is not what I'm complaining about and she insists I should go and read it then I wake from that revelation. When I explained it to my pastor he said it is really the calling of God and he testify the way he started.

My worries now is, is this really the calling of God in my life.

2 the fear of what I will eat if I start the work is still worries me.

3. I don't have money to buy anything to start.

4. Do you think that is demonic revelations.

4. I'm not familiar with anything concerning church,I have never partake in any activity in church before. My own is I attend service and when I close I walk straight to my house and I don't really know the Bible but I only know one one in the Bible.

Forgive me brother,
But I cut out some of your post to address a few things if I may. I hope you are being sincere and not playing around with this question...cause it's a serious one.
It's just my opinion and suggestions and you are welcome to take them as what they are...or choose to ignore them. It's ok and I won't be offended smiley

One thing I know about God is that He has a plan for all of us and He desires for us to get to the point where we will surrender and know (without a doubt) that this specific plan is what He has created us to do.
I notice that lots of young men in Nigeria (perhaps in Africa as a whole) believe that they are called to be pastors....if dealing with any position in the church.
But true be told, very few men are called to do that sacred job.
It isn't a calling where one's life can be split doing "other" jobs...(meaning a pastor on Sabbath or Sunday... and then a hustler during the week).
Oftentimes, God calls out some folks from their secular jobs to work full-time in a ministry....and being a pastor is one of them (in my opinion). I don't think any pastor can work a full-time secular job and still effectively minister to the needs of his church and surrounding community...(but that's my opinion).
Either way, I'm not gonna begin to tell you what God may have said or not have said to you (in a dream)...cause I don't know.
But also look at the fact, that He may be asking you to re-dedicate your life to Him..which may be the ultimate reason behind your dream.
You may be called to work in the ministry through a variety of ways...and not necessarily through a pastoral position. Serving God is not a "one-size-fits-all" type of thing.
But, IF God has called you to the pastoral ministry, then know for a fact that He will definitely provide for you and your family.
The scriptures tell us not to worry about all of the basic necessities cause He will provide....especially when we are doing His Will.
Fasting and praying is the absolute best way of hearing God...clearly...without outside interference.
Remember that God speaks through His Word, providence (sometimes), people--but be very careful on this one-- and the Holy Spirit's leading.
While we are to respect men in responsible positions, they are still human and NOT God...your pastor was right in saying that you need to pray to God for the answer...
On another note, people may mean well, but they could be steering you in the wrong direction with their "advice". Nairaland isn't the place to ask about such an important question. No one really knows what God may be trying to say to you or how He is trying to lead you...so remember to go to Him and He will make it plain and clear for you. But you must do your part: develop a relationship with Christ first and foremost before you start speculating on what He may be trying to ultimately be doing in your life...
Get to know Him first. He's patiently waiting on you.
That is between YOU and God...
Be blessed smiley

1 Like

Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by deebrain(m): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2018
Much as you MIGHT get good answers in Nairaland, it is not the place to bring such sensitive issues.

I fear for the future of people that just come online and vomit trash to deeply spiritual things.

To your question sir, to a large extent, YES.

But you are so afraid of so many things-- many of which you will overcome as you follow the call.

Now you don't need to be looking for money to start immediately.

In your local church, be active in the prayer/intercessory or evangelist / visitation department of your church.

You will learn a lot especially the fact of spiritual responsibility. It will also help you identify and build your gift (the one that will set you apart).

At least, start from there...
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
enilove:

1. God is a God of preparation . He does not call someone who knows nothing about His words ( Bible ).

2.., The God of Abraham , Isaac and Jacob has nothing to do with the government of this world. According to your dreams , you said you were told that the "PRESENT GOVERNMENT HAS APPOINTED YOU AND THAT YOU SHOULD GO TO ABUJA FOR THE APPONITMENT AS A MINISTER.
This is a clear indication that it is the government of this world system that is calling you.

Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

3,,. The certificate given to you in the dream is that of the devil. If actually it were God that was calling you to do His work , what would have been given to you would have been a BIBLE and not a certificate .

4 .... There is no way you be successful in the work of God without the HOLY SPIRIT , and the Holy Spirit needs the word of God in your life to be able to use you fully as a minister .
You must receive the baptism of the Holy Spirit to work effectively for God. This is not negotiable , it is a must.
Anyone who has received the Holy Spirit can't be at ease without daily reading his Bible.

Many have gone to hell through the deceit of the devils. It is latter they will be getting more instructions from those personalities which will yield results until it is too late for them to turn back. Then they would have gone into evil covenants with great consequences.

unmhmnn! To some extent you are right, especially the bible/certificate stuff, I can't count the number of times I've been given bible in my dreams to go and preach, or the number of times I've seen myself preaching on the street or in the church and casting out demons. Even when I'm out of job and I'm looking for another one and I fast and pray for God to bless me with a job, in my dreams I'll be seeing myself preaching and all stuff and it will be like that's the Job God has given me.

Random people I don't know from Adam, even elderly people will just call me Pastor while talking with me, even though I dress casually and I'll be like what's happening, did I write Pastor on my head!

Anyways the brother still needs to pray more and get confirmation, and if he truly have this calling he will surely need to prepare well because being a pastor is not a child's play, the Holy Spirit has to be in place for the miraculous, may God help us all, Amen.
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by chairman00100: 7:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
enilove:

bros, you are very wrong, absolutely wrong in your first, second and third points, first of all how did you quickly arrive at the conclusion that it was the devil speaking u
to the op? which preparation did Moses HAVE before GOD called him and what bible school did JESUS go ?and Paul too, I started wondering what motivated your response. The most important here should be the message given to him and any body with the spirit of GOD will agree with him because of that message at john 3:6, the only only thing I agree with you is your fourth point about holy Ghost baptism and been born again before answering such calling but if GOD realy calls HE always make a way

1 Like

Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by Zodiac61(m): 1:05am On Aug 14, 2018
chairman00100:

bros, you are very wrong, absolutely wrong in your first, second and third points, first of all how did you quickly arrive at the conclusion that it was the devil speaking u
to the op? which preparation did Moses HAVE before GOD called him and what bible school did JESUS go ?and Paul too, I started wondering what motivated your response. The most important here should be the message given to him and any body with the spirit of GOD will agree with him because of that message at john 3:6, the only only thing I agree with you is your fourth point about holy Ghost baptism and been born again before answering such calling but if GOD realy calls HE always make a way

There really is only one place for people who hear voices from imaginary friends - a psychiatric hospital.
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 14, 2018
Are there not enough pastors in Nigeria already? What do you want to do that they don't do already?

Which unique contribution or revelation will you bring forth?

What Will happen to a country where everyone wants to turn pastor?
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by okpeman: 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2018
I really appreciate all the positive and helpful answers from the good nairaland. God bless you all.
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by Originakalokalo(m): 6:27pm On Nov 14, 2018
shegzyzee:
after I read all the comment..I will tell u that u have the call of God over your head...BT it does not mean u shud start a ministry immediately.u n need to know that those revelations are Gods way of declaring the end from the beginning.he told Saul of Tarsus that he will bring his name to the gentile the same day Jesus appeared to him.BT the ministry did nt start until holy spirit SD they shud separate Paul and bananas for the work that he had called them.

The fact that u have been called does not immediately mean d starting of a local church.u still need to the separated for that assignment. These are the things that separation into God will help u to discover:
1.The kind of ministry God is calling u into
2. The office that u will be using to operate this ministry( prophet,pastor,teacher and evangelist)
3.The location of ur ministry.. may b to found a church or u are raised to take up an already established church like pastor Adeboye..
If u still need for clarification please frrely contact me ..

Listen to this advice
There is a place of waiting and preparation.

You need to be prepared first.
.God bless you.
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by generationz(f): 7:15pm On Nov 14, 2018
enilove:

madam I want to ask you a question?

does God speak to you through dreams?

I asked because if you dream and interpreted your dreams well you won't be saying all these.

Why?

because God dosent speak through dreams in a plain method. He uses symbols and signs to communicate.

And I can boldly tell you that your interpretation of the mans dreams are very incorrect.

Do you also know that when God called apostle ayodele babalola of CAC , he wasn't even baptised by immersion. yes he didn't even known the bible at all.

Same with Maria woodworth etter

Infact babalola was baptized after he performed his first miracle.

Yes in most cases God likes to prepare people

But when there's urgency ( the evil in the land is too much , and there is a need for someone quickly) God doesn't wait , you will learn along the way.

Benny hinn didn't know jack about the bible the first as a young christian but the first time he climbed the alter to preach even the pastor of the church fell under anointing.
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by generationz(f): 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2018
delkuf:
please give the guy reasonable answer. must he be a pastor and work. Take a look at those pastors that work and do the work of a pastor, did they really attained the height of those that do the work of God squarely without. Pastor Adeboye, Bishop oyedepo, and the dunamis man comes to mind. OP, i can assure you can never work for God, and suffer. I am presently regretting why haven't I take God serious before now. I have take serving God serious recently, and God have been surprise me. it is just too much. so if God call you, all those things you listed should be of no concern.

yes you can have a job and be a pastor but you must be attentive if God will tell you to drop the job and engage in ministry full time.

Apostle Arome osayi works for the federal government and owns a ministry.

Paul too was a tent maker and still preached full time.

Rick Joyner was had a job before God told him to go into full-time ministry.

Stop putting pressure on yourself. Take things as they come

God isn't looking for a perfect person to serve him

All he wants is someone who will obey when he says Go, come , sit and stand

you should never compare yourself to others . Run your life and ministry according to his leading and not according to what you see those with big ministries do.

1 Like

Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by generationz(f): 7:45pm On Nov 14, 2018
delkuf:
Re: Please I Really Need Advice. Is God Calling Me To Be A Pastor. by generationz(f): 7:50pm On Nov 14, 2018
Mobilia:

Forgive me brother,
But I cut out some of your post to address a few things if I may. I hope you are being sincere and not playing around with this question...cause it's a serious one.
It's just my opinion and suggestions and you are welcome to take them as what they are...or choose to ignore them. It's ok and I won't be offended smiley

One thing I know about God is that He has a plan for all of us and He desires for us to get to the point where we will surrender and know (without a doubt) that this specific plan is what He has created us to do.
I notice that lots of young men in Nigeria (perhaps in Africa as a whole) believe that they are called to be pastors....if dealing with any position in the church.
But true be told, very few men are called to do that sacred job.
It isn't a calling where one's life can be split doing "other" jobs...(meaning a pastor on Sabbath or Sunday... and then a hustler during the week).
Oftentimes, God calls out some folks from their secular jobs to work full-time in a ministry....and being a pastor is one of them (in my opinion). I don't think any pastor can work a full-time secular job and still effectively minister to the needs of his church and surrounding community...(but that's my opinion).
Either way, I'm not gonna begin to tell you what God may have said or not have said to you (in a dream)...cause I don't know.
But also look at the fact, that He may be asking you to re-dedicate your life to Him..which may be the ultimate reason behind your dream.
You may be called to work in the ministry through a variety of ways...and not necessarily through a pastoral position. Serving God is not a "one-size-fits-all" type of thing.
But, IF God has called you to the pastoral ministry, then know for a fact that He will definitely provide for you and your family.
The scriptures tell us not to worry about all of the basic necessities cause He will provide....especially when we are doing His Will.
Fasting and praying is the absolute best way of hearing God...clearly...without outside interference.
Remember that God speaks through His Word, providence (sometimes), people--but be very careful on this one-- and the Holy Spirit's leading.
While we are to respect men in responsible positions, they are still human and NOT God...your pastor was right in saying that you need to pray to God for the answer...
On another note, people may mean well, but they could be steering you in the wrong direction with their "advice". Nairaland isn't the place to ask about such an important question. No one really knows what God may be trying to say to you or how He is trying to lead you...so remember to go to Him and He will make it plain and clear for you. But you must do your part: develop a relationship with Christ first and foremost before you start speculating on what He may be trying to ultimately be doing in your life...
Get to know Him first. He's patiently waiting on you.
That is between YOU and God...
Be blessed smiley

poster , please go over this advice again and again

it's the best advice.

You don't have to be a pastor just yet

just rededicate your life to Christ and be more prayerful , God will direct you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Is The Rebellion Of Lucifer Not An Indication That Heaven Really Is Not Perfect? / Prayer Points For Launching To 2008 “no Carry Over” / Are There God's Prophets Amongst Us?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.