Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Yorubas Are Moors - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas Are Moors (19611 Views)

Long Lost History Of The Moors [africans] / We Are More Than Just Egyptians, Moors, Igbos, Hausas And Yorubas. / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by AreaFada2: 10:17am On Sep 19, 2020
Moorish:
I cannot speak for all yorubas I can only speak for myself

My mum told me her grandfather rode a horse during pilgrimage to Mecca, hajj, from Ibadan

Her maiden name is Sanni, clearly an Afro asiatic name

My own family name is Ajala

A non Yoruba name with no meaning in Yoruba

But natural structures and monuments in Sudan and Saudi Arabia and Egypt bear the names “Ajala”

Even the Quran has “Ajala” in it

I cannot speak for the rest of you

I know and am proud of my deep links to the east
I have always Said that many Yoruba people of today are immigrants to Yorubaland.

Samuk
Etinosa
Valirex

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by valirex: 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2020
AreaFada2:

I have always Said that many Yoruba people of today are immigrants to Yorubaland.

Samuk
Etinosa
Valirex

Yes many of them are

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 31, 2020
Why do egotistical Igbos always enter a yoruba thread to derail it... Stinking low self-esteem idiots

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 6:03am On Sep 20, 2021
jimmyjackz:
hi do u guys think the moors were similar to one of those secret societies both with their wealth of knowledge and motives. were they traitors?
Why was Morocco the first nation to recognize America's independence?

or were they the reason Europeans couldn't penetrate sub Saharan Africa? because after the fall of grenada the in 1492 the first slaves to arrive as part of a labour force in the New World reached the island of Hispaniola (now Haiti and the Dominican Republic) in 1502.

excuse me for reviving this thread smiley
There was an ancient link between the moors and America

Columbus got the knowledge of the compass and the directions to America from the moors apparently.

There was a mutual respect for some time, even a treaty.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 11:46pm On Sep 20, 2023
MrPresident1:

You are indeed a scholar, and let me thank you very much for fitting this piece into my puzzle. Indeed, the Moors were not a race, looking at it realistically, they were a brotherhood united by Islam, and most of them were black.

I do know that the original Jews of the Bible are black, so they were part of the Moors, the Moors were mostly black people united by Islam and Melanin, so they were a mix of Hamitic, Shemetic, and perhaps melanated Japhetic people. Circa 500AD to circa 1500AD the Moors ruled Europe and the world, the white people called this time period the ''Dark Ages'', and when they rose again from the bottomless pit in circa 1500AD they called this time period the ''Renaissance''.

During the ''Dark Ages'', the Black-melanated man was on top, he ruled the world via Islam as the vehicle of universal brotherhood; during this time the whiteman was down below, in hell, and for 1000years the world was at peace and prosperous.

The Blackman will arise from the ashes of the ''white ages''. The ''White age'' has ended, the Dark ad blessed age will come again, and this time, this kingdom will rule forever.
5 years on and still a powerful and stirring post

Jah bless

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olubadan, Ooni, Sultan, Emir Sanusi Present As Dangote Bags Doctorate Award / Learning Igbo Language / Children Celebrate Cultural Day In Gombe (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.