Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Yorubas Are Moors - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yorubas Are Moors (19598 Views)

Long Lost History Of The Moors [africans] / We Are More Than Just Egyptians, Moors, Igbos, Hausas And Yorubas. / 5 Unwritten Cultural Rules Of The Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
Moorish:

I never said Moorish civilization was sub Saharan

You would make a terrible researcher

Jeez
I thought you meant, sorry!
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 1:36am On Aug 11, 2018
Hati13:

I'm sorry too for my tone, thanks
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 2:16am On Aug 11, 2018
Hati13:

Black were present among Moors but majority Moors weren’t black.

majority weren't black.?"what is the meaning moor ..?
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 11, 2018
Obalufon:

majority weren't black.?"what is the meaning moor ..?
They were Muslim inhabitants of the Maghreb, North Africa, the Iberian Peninsula, Sicily, and Malta during the Middle Ages, who initially were Berber and Arab peoples from North Africa. (Source: Wikipedia)
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 3:19am On Aug 11, 2018
Hati13:

They were Muslim inhabitants of the Maghreb, North Africa, the Iberian Peninsula, Sicily, and Malta during the Middle Ages, who initially were Berber and Arab peoples from North Africa. (Source: Wikipedia)

No no no .. what is the meaning of moor? Moor means black .. North African today are bunch of Turks and mulattoes
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 3:20am On Aug 11, 2018
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 6:50am On Aug 11, 2018
Obalufon:

No no no .. what is the meaning of moor? Moor means black .. North African today are bunch of Turks and mulattoes
I strongly toe this line of reasoning as well

Moor means black
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 6:52am On Aug 11, 2018
Blackamoor (BLA-kah-muhr), meaning a dark-skinned person of African descent, is thought to come from the Middle English "blacke Moor"

Source: https://www.oedilf.com/db/Lim.php?Word=blackamoor
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 6:53am On Aug 11, 2018
Hati13:

If you continue following everything your oppressor the white man tells u about yourself and your ancestors, you will be in perpetual darkness and servitude

Blackamoor (BLA-kah-muhr), meaning a dark-skinned person of African descent, is thought to come from the Middle English "blacke Moor" 

Source: https://www.oedilf.com/db/Lim.php?Word=blackamoor
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 6:58am On Aug 11, 2018
Of the four best-known dark-skinned characters in Shakespeare's plays (Caliban in The Tempest, the Prince of Morocco in The Merchant of Venice, Aaron in Titus Andronicus, and Othello), he referred to the latter two as blackamoors.

Even William Shakespeare knew black = moor

The white man has been trying for centuries to erase any likeness of black greatness and sovereignty from the minds of the people through the white washing of history and destruction of ancient artefacts

I pity blacks who follow the white man

They lack a knowledge of self
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by RedboneSmith(m): 8:36am On Aug 11, 2018
Moorish:
Of the four best-known dark-skinned characters in Shakespeare's plays (Caliban in The Tempest, the Prince of Morocco in The Merchant of Venice, Aaron in Titus Andronicus, and Othello), he referred to the latter two as blackamoors.

The white man has been trying for centuries to erase any likeness of black greatness and sovereignty from the minds of the people through the white washing of history and destruction of ancient artefacts

The very expression 'blackamoors' implies that not all Moors were black; otherwise 'blackamoor' would be tautological. Nobody says black Negroes for instance, because all Negroes are black; but people say black Africans because there are Africans of other colours.

'Blackamoor' suggests there are Moors of other colours.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 9:12am On Aug 11, 2018
RedboneSmith:

The very expression 'blackamoors' implies that not all Moors were black; otherwise 'blackamoor' would be tautological. Nobody says black Negroes for instance, because all Negroes are black; but people say black Africans because there are Africans of other colours.

I never asserted black exclusivity to the moorish nationality

However the light skinned arabs and berbers were secondary to that glorious throne

How many moorish conscripts where non black?

Answer that question and you will gain salvation

Salam
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 9:13am On Aug 11, 2018
It was black moors that sat on the thrones of Al-Andalus

FACTS

I cannot name one arab king of muslim Spain

They were all moorish black sultans

I will post pics in a bit

Peace
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 9:22am On Aug 11, 2018
Peep the hierarchy in that picture

We must know this

there was a conscious effort from the caucasians to suppress the sovereignty of our ancestors

Henry Berry, member of the Virginia house of delegates in 1832 said this>

We have, as far as possible, closed every avenue by which light may enter the slaves’ mind. If we could extinguish the capacity to see the light, our work would be complete; they would then be on a level with the beast of the field and we should be safe.”

To all the africans here who trust the white man so much that they only accept his version of our history, ponder on those words from your white mentors

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 9:44am On Aug 11, 2018
RedboneSmith:

Moolie Mauri.. moor means black with negroid features and thick lips I know is add to accept but is the truth There are pictures paintings.,coat of arms depicting black moor with crown and statues of moors all over Europe ..The moors were blacks under the banner of Islam ....To decode the identity of moors study. Sudan. Borno /beriberi Borgu/bariba .Berbers Yoruba . Moors were bunch of Islamist black Africans traders ,scholars with goal of spreading Islam . Even Mohammed used blacks Muslims to conquer mecca and spread Islam.. Real Arab were black before the coming of Turks that white wash the real Arabs

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 10:39am On Aug 11, 2018
Obalufon:
Moolie Mauri.. moor means black with negroid features and thick lips I know is add to accept but is the truth There are pictures paintings.,coat of arms depicting black moor with crown and statues of moors all over Europe ..The moors were blacks under the banner of Islam ....To decode the identity of moors study. Sudan. Borno /beriberi Borgu/bariba .Berbers Yoruba . Moors were bunch of Islamist black Africans traders ,scholars with goal of spreading Islam . Even Mohammed used blacks Muslims to conquer mecca and spread Islam.. Real Arab were black before the coming of Turks that white wash the real Arabs
Those are actual facts and that is why your one of the few dudes in this country that I f.uck with

I generally stay away from ignorant africans, it is sickening

I have been studying since I was 16 and gained the knowledge of self ages ago

to come back to Africa since 2011 been trying to teach these adults and they don't seem to get it

they carry rosary beads and pray to a white man who died for their sins in palestine

Obalufon, is there any hope for continental africans or are we better of building bridges with afro Americans and Caribbean only??

I am in Lagos by the way bro, and I still owe u some snails, chips and a cold bottle of coke as I promised before

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hati13:

They were a different kind of black. The type without broad nose as found in Egyptians pyramid. And Islam came into to North Africa's Morocco later,when the conquered Egypt.This was how their history was erased because the Jihadists propagating Islam erase people's history with ‘holy war'.
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 12:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
Olu317:
They were a different kind of black. The type without broad nose as found in Egyptians pyramid. And Islam came into to North Africa's Morocco later,when the conquered Egypt.This was how their history was erased because the Jihadists propagating Islam erase people's history with ‘holy war'.
olu, is "ajala" a yorubic name? cos I cannot find the word in Yoruba lexicon, however it has a meaning in arabic

it is also present in Sudan, Egypt and Mecca in some of their natural artifacts and it has a meaning in arabic
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 1:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
Olu317:

There were Egyptian with broad nose the first pharaoh of Egypt Mena had a very broad nose with wide and flat nose bridge thick lips Egyptian was a black civilization Greeks gave account of this Kemet they were blacks , blacks come in different shades and phenotype thin noses to broad nose .. Coming of the Macedonian King Alexandra the Great that conquered Egypt white wash upper Egypt

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Olu317(m): 2:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
Moorish:

olu, is "ajala" a yorubic name? cos I cannot find the word in Yoruba lexicon, however it has a meaning in arabic

it is also present in Sudan, Egypt and Mecca in some of their natural artifacts and it has a meaning in arabic

It is a purely a Yoruba name and not extended Yorubic.Have you suddenly forgotten that ‘aja' is heavily rooted among ancient Yoruba ancestors.The yoruba names and words are mostly descriptive. Take for instance,Ajaka,Ajaokuta,Ajayi,Ajayè,Ajagbè,Ajamaiye,
Ajagungbade,Ajagun,etc. Too numerous to mention.There are names that modern Yorubas are loosing to religious circle.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
Olu317:
It is a purely a Yoruba name and not extended Yorubic.Have you suddenly forgotten that ‘aja' is heavily rooted among ancient Yoruba ancestors.The yoruba names and words are mostly descriptive. Take for instance,Ajaka,Ajaokuta,Ajayi,Ajayè,Ajagbè,Ajamaiye,Ajagbade,
Ajagun,etc. Too numerous to mention.There are names that modern Yorubas are loosing to religious circle.
Thanks for this post
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Ofodirinwa: 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
black americans have found nairaland

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 12:58am On Aug 12, 2018
Hati13:

What is your problem with subsaharan..? i know you are ethiopian

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 2:11am On Aug 12, 2018
Moorish:

The people we have in north Africa now are Turks ,Syrian and light skinned Berber due to intermarriage with the so called Arabs .real north African were blacks before the influx of the light skinned Arabs in the 8 century and Turks ottoman empire expansion 12 century ..Once you mixed your blood with white devils you are going into destruction .. example Sudan .. the Arab breed are discriminating and killing the unmixed blacks Sudanese..Nubians now look Arab

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 8:35am On Aug 12, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
black americans have found nairaland
That is slick but contribute something constructive you cannot say that to my face trust me
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 8:40am On Aug 12, 2018
Obalufon:

The people we have in north Africa now are Turks ,Syrian and light skinned Berber due to intermarriage with the so called Arabs .real north African were blacks before the influx of the light skinned Arabs in the 8 century and Turks ottoman empire expansion 12 century ..Once you mixed your blood with white devils you are going into destruction .. example Sudan .. the Arab breed are discriminating and killing the unmixed blacks Sudanese..Nubians now look Arab
Ghadaffi confirmed your assertions in his speech when he visited kano decades ago I cannot find the link to the article again

But yes the real arabs were dark skinned, the prophet of Islam said his kinsman would be maltreated and enslaved by the ummah
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 8:46am On Aug 12, 2018
Olu and obalufon Why do you think "ajala" is in the Arabic language ?

Why is it if you do a Google search "Ajala Sudan" "Ajala Egypt" "Ajala Saudi Arabia" you get natural artifcacts like mountains with that name, you get towns and villages with that name ..

Then Yoruba ancestors claim we came from mondiana, or Mecca

Are these claims too ridiculous given the connections I just highlighted and more from Yoruba vocabulary

There seems to be an Asiatic link for the yorubas

Did we colonize those lands or we emanated from there
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
Moorish:

Ghadaffi confirmed your assertions in his speech when he visited kano decades ago I cannot find the link to the article again

But yes the real arabs were dark skinned, the prophet of Islam said his kinsman would be maltreated and enslaved by the ummah
Yes he was killed for that ..despite he himself being mixed but tied more to his black ancestry and give privilege to black Libyan but there are full blooded Turks and Syrian Arabs from Benghazi that opposed his rule ...Gadaffi over threw their Arab Turkish king Muhammad Idris bin Muhammad al-Mahdi as-Senussiin 1969

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
Moorish:
Olu and obalufon Why do you think "ajala" is in the Arabic language ?

Why is it if you do a Google search "Ajala Sudan" "Ajala Egypt" "Ajala Saudi Arabia" you get natural artifcacts like mountains with that name, you get towns and villages with that name ..

Then Yoruba ancestors claim we came from mondiana, or Mecca

Are these claims too ridiculous given the connections I just highlighted and more from Yoruba vocabulary

There seems to be an Asiatic link for the yorubas

Did we colonize those lands or we emanated from there

Not all yoruba came from Mecca or east ,we have the aborigines too the IFE people.Yoruba is marriage of two culture that is what makes us different from other part of coastal forest Africans most of whom were barely clothe before our contact with them ..our culture civilization mode of dressing is different ... i believe ife is the cradle of mankind the returnee from the east too are were once off shoot of ile-ife but found their way back to the source ..
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 12:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
Obalufon:

Not all yoruba came from Mecca or east ,we have the aborigines too the IFE people.Yoruba is marriage of two culture that is what makes us different from other part of coastal forest Africans most of whom were barely clothe before our contact with them ..our culture civilization mode of dressing is different ... i believe ife is the cradle of mankind the returnee from the east too are were once off shoot of ile-ife but found their way back to the source ..
That makes sense

Obalufon do u think Fulani are our kin ?

My mum has Fulani ancestry and Yoruba too but identifies as Yoruba but I personally like the Fula people and I see them as blood
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Obalufon: 2:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
Moorish:

That makes sense

Obalufon do u think Fulani are our kin ?

My mum has Fulani ancestry and Yoruba too but identifies as Yoruba but I personally like the Fula people and I see them as blood

what part of yoruba are you from moor..
Re: Yorubas Are Moors by Moorish: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2018
Obalufon:

what part of yoruba are you from moor..
Ogbomoso (papa) and mum (ibadan)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olubadan, Ooni, Sultan, Emir Sanusi Present As Dangote Bags Doctorate Award / Learning Igbo Language / Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.