Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove (1786 Views)

List Of Muslims That Have Held Top Government Positions In Southeast Since 1999 / The Northern Nigeria They Won't Show You / See moment Obasanjo mocked Tinubu over leadership position in APC (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by gidgiddy: 10:47am On Aug 10, 2018
My fellow Igbos, I have noticed how some threads are geared at making Igbos support one political party or the other in 2019 in return for support in 2023. I find this laughable

Igbos have produced:
1) The Governor General of Nigeria
2) The ceremonial President of Nigeria
3) Head of state
4) Vice president
5) Senate President
6)Deputy Senate President
7) Speaker, House of Rep
8, Deputy Speaker, House of Rep

At the moment, Igbos are Governors of 7 out of the 36 states in Nigeria.

So please don't be decieved by anyone deceiving themselves with fake political promises. We have nothing to prove inside Nigeria, let others go and prove themselves.

There are more important things to consider...........

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Obainoneandonly(m): 10:51am On Aug 10, 2018
nobody can deceive me..they can deceive only those that they can....... darkness and light can never co-_exist

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Babiod: 10:58am On Aug 10, 2018
We're all Nigerians first before any tribe.If it's the Igbos that will take Nigeria forward on every aspect,As a Yoruba boy I will gladly vote for them,the president is no tribe birthright,we all own this Nation together,more so they've sacrificed a whole lot esp during civil war and they're still with us as Nigeria and as still Nigerians.Although I've not really seen much credible people with integrity as a front head as of now,and they should start correcting the notion that they can't be trusted with money and power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Munzy14(m): 11:03am On Aug 10, 2018
very insightful.
Governor/ceremonial president..... Nnamdi Azikiwe.
Head od state... Aguiyi Ironsi.
Senate president.. Anyim pius.
Vice president.. Alex ekwueme.
Infact op u are correct.
Jonathan error was he appointed an igbo man as an army chief of staff.... Azubuike ihejirika.
A treat signed after killing of aguiyi ironsi. Was broken by Jonathan.
The truth is igbos are not interested in politics...Especially when it's as dirty as it is now. Igbos are economically driven and not political enticed.
cc lalasticlala, mynd44.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Patrioticooduan: 11:04am On Aug 10, 2018
Babiod:
We're all Nigerians first before any tribe.If it's the Igbos that will take Nigeria forward on every aspect,As a Yoruba boy I will gladly vote for them,the president is no tribe birthright,we all own this Nation together,more so they've sacrificed a whole lot esp during civil war and they're still with us as Nigeria and as still Nigerians.Although I've not really seen much credible people with integrity as a front head as of now,and they should start correcting the notion that they can't be trusted with money and power.
You are a disgrace to Yoruba people for this nonsense you just wrote

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 10, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

It is very obvious that you are the garbage of disgrace here. It is people like you and other knuckleheads that have kept this country back for ages. He's only being very reasonable.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by orisa37: 11:12am On Aug 10, 2018
That was loud enough for Balarabe, ex-Governor of Kaduna State, to hear.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Patrioticooduan: 11:15am On Aug 10, 2018
FortifiedCity:
It is very obvious that you are the garbage of disgrace here. It is people like you and other knuckleheads that have kept this country back for ages. He's only being very reasonable.
You must be on drugs. What he wrote was clearly unreasonable! Only this country will you see people 'sharing' presidential post for pacification. Are you telling me Yorubas and other tribes can't survive without Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Babiod: 11:16am On Aug 10, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

I'm no tribal bigot like you,One of the major problem of this country is either Religion or tribe,Politicians uses either of this tools to destabilise the nation at any time,Obasanjo did his,spent or inflated the National assembly budget and since then there has been massive corruption there,spending a whole lot of money for his third term bid,and several other things.abeg Nobody likes this country like this, fighting senseless wars,I want something better for this country,Right thinking isn't limited to just one tribe,I'm sure U're young would u want ur kids to live in country like this,I would rather be a disgrace than have a brain and mind that thinks and functions like yours.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by CyynthiaKiss(f): 11:16am On Aug 10, 2018
Nice one.
The way some people are hiding under " Igbo presidency 2023" to campaign for a terrorist is very archaic and disgusting.

Buhari who failed for 3 solid times while struggling to be the president does not have the key to the success of Igbo both in Economy, politics and personal lives.
You guys are free to campaign for Buhari, but hiding under "Igbo presidency" is an act of political mischievousness and it must be stopped.

Enough of this madness !
Everybody should carry his own cross.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Patrioticooduan: 11:29am On Aug 10, 2018
Babiod:

I'm no tribal bigot like you,One of the major problem of this country is either Religion or tribe,Politicians uses either of this tools to destabilise the nation at any time,Obasanjo did his,spent or inflated the National assembly budget and since then there has been massive corruption there,spending a whole lot of money for his third term bid,and several other things.abeg Nobody likes this country like this, fighting senseless wars,I want something better for this country,Right thinking isn't limited to just one tribe,I'm sure U're young would u want ur kids to live in country like this,I would rather be a disgrace than have a brain and mind that thinks and functions like yours.
Story. Nigerian politicians don't need to divided you. They know you naturally divided and they use it to their benefit. Tell me any Ibo politicians that insulted Yorubas or the other way. The truth is that they don't need to. You have never been a united country, so stop blaming politicians. Yes presidency is not for one tribe, but are you expecting a country as diversed as Nigeria not to experience all these tribal and dominance issues? Did the OP not mention that Ibos have once ruled Nigeria? How will Ibo presidency improve Nigeria? Did Jonathan will all his Phd contribute anything positive to Nigeria?
Guy, keep that 'One Nigeria' to yourself. People have gone beyond that and are now sensibly asking for the country to be split. When Yoruba split from Nigeria, you can leave Yorubaland and join Ibos and Hausas to continue your useless Nigeria. Nobody will miss u Nigga

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by RevenGeMission: 11:35am On Aug 10, 2018
Yeeebos will always be victims of their own evil agenda
Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Babiod: 12:08pm On Aug 10, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

Story. Nigerian politicians don't need to divided you. They know you naturally divided and they use it to their benefit. Tell me any Ibo politicians that insulted Yorubas or the other way. The truth is that they don't need to. You have never been a united country, so stop blaming politicians. Yes presidency is not for one tribe, but are you expecting a country as diversed as Nigeria not to experience all these tribal and dominance issues? Did the OP not mention that Ibos have once ruled Nigeria? How will Ibo presidency improve Nigeria? Did Jonathan will all his Phd contribute anything positive to Nigeria?
Guy, keep that 'One Nigeria' to yourself. People have gone beyond that and are now sensibly asking for the country to be split. When Yoruba split from Nigeria, you can leave Yorubaland and join Ibos and Hausas to continue your useless Nigeria. Nobody will miss u Nigga
In the US u have Mexican american,Spanish american,African American,Also every country on the face of the earth have representative there,people with different cultures and so on,I don't think there is any country as diverse as they are yet,buh they all share in the American dream.America first,love for their country,so it's possible for a country as diverse as Nigeria not to have exaggerated tribal issues blown out of any reasonable proportion as Nigeria,even at that they still have and want one American and people are still flocking there,Which people want the country to split,the 'so called' people are asking for restructuring.and am not talking about pacification as you claim,read in between the lines friend, am talking about anybody even if it's an Igbo man who will move the nation forward.and If this country didn't break,will u break yourself out and form your own country with your wife and kids.Goodluck then.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Babiod: 12:09pm On Aug 10, 2018
Patrioticooduan:

In the US u have Mexican american,Spanish american,African American,Also every country on the face of the earth have representative there,people with different cultures and so on,I don't think there is any country as diverse as they are yet,buh they all share in the American dream.America first,love for their country,so it's possible for a country as diverse as Nigeria not to have exaggerated tribal issues blown out of any reasonable proportion as Nigeria,even at that they still have and want one American and people are still flocking there,Which people want the country to split,the 'so called' people are asking for restructuring.and am not talking about pacification as you claim,read in between the lines friend, am talking about anybody even if it's an Igbo man who will move the nation forward.and If this country didn't break,will u break yourself out and form your own country with your wife and kids.Goodluck then.'Patrioticooduan Nation'
Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 10, 2018
Prime Minister nko? cheesy
Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by mpianya39(m): 12:29pm On Aug 10, 2018
Our mind is already made up cool cool we are just waiting for indigenous people of Biafra (IPOB) to give us referendum date cool cool

Biafra must come cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 10, 2018
Babiod:

Remain blessed.....but we don't need power again....any igbo man coming out for president must be pulled back and down.......
All I want my igbo brothers is to continue to hold and manage their economic and business powers while the born to rule continues to disgrace themselves.....

U can't advise them....so there is no need trying to help Nigeria economically though the country is sinking already......

Sending an igbo man to presidency is like trying bring Nigeria back in its economic power and useful utilization of resources.....i don't need it......let the. North overlords and their allies continue scattering the economy of nigeria....

I will never be part to igbo man going to abuja to put few things in order in this country.....if that happens it might delay biafra agitation....

Thank u.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by gidgiddy: 12:55pm On Aug 10, 2018
Babiod:
We're all Nigerians first before any tribe.

Sorry but this is not true. We were tribes long before anything called Nigeria was ever created. An identity created by the British cannot supersede the one we originally had.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Julinek(f): 1:05pm On Aug 10, 2018
Why are you arguing out of context Go and receive sense mumu
Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Patrioticooduan: 1:08pm On Aug 10, 2018
Babiod:

In the US u have Mexican american,Spanish american,African American,Also every country on the face of the earth have representative there,people with different cultures and so on,I don't think there is any country as diverse as they are yet,buh they all share in the American dream.America first,love for their country,so it's possible for a country as diverse as Nigeria not to have exaggerated tribal issues blown out of any reasonable proportion as Nigeria,even at that they still have and want one American and people are still flocking there,Which people want the country to split,the 'so called' people are asking for restructuring.and am not talking about pacification as you claim,read in between the lines friend, am talking about anybody even if it's an Igbo man who will move the nation forward.and If this country didn't break,will u break yourself out and form your own country with your wife and kids.Goodluck then.'Patrioticooduan Nation'
How come you Nigerians love comparing yourselves with America? America should not be compared with Nigeria. You want to know why? It is a country of immigrants! Everybody in America share this together. In fact, ethnicity in America is define by skin colour! This is why you hear words like African Americans, European Americans, Asian Americans and so on. You can't see such in Europe, Asia and Africa. These three continents are occupied by indigenous tribes with their distinct culture and language. In Europe there are Germans, Italians, English, Dutch e.t.c. In Asia, there Japanese, Vietnamese, Malays, Chinese, Koreans e.t.c. In Africa, we have Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani, Zulus, Fongbes. These people have their own unique language and culture. Most European and Asian countries are split along ethnic lines. Unlike Africa where different ethnic groups are forced to live as one

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Babiod: 1:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
gidgiddy:

Sorry but this is not true. We were tribes long before anything called Nigeria was ever created. An identity created by the British cannot supersede the one we originally had.
Am not talking about history and so on,our identity as a people,as a nation,and as a country living together now supercedes any tribal differences.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by KratosCorp: 1:12pm On Aug 10, 2018
You are 100% wrong on this one. Nigeria is the MOST diverse and self-contradicting country on earth. Yes, the US is the melting pot of all races. But it is so much more homogeneous than Nigeria.

For example:

- US population is over 60% white.

- US religion is over 70% Christianity.

- US culture is predominantly western.

the second single most prominent demography in the US is not up to 20% of the population. This makes the US very homogeneous, unlike in Nigeria where you have 3 major but diverse nationalities with near equal population and influence. There is no other country like that in the world.

Finally, Americans are extremely divided right now (and may even have a civil war soon) due to their IDEOLOGICAL diversity (which is even way less than what you have in Nigeria currently).

Babiod:

In the US u have Mexican american,Spanish american,African American,Also every country on the face of the earth have representative there,people with different cultures and so on,I don't think there is any country as diverse as they are yet,buh they all share in the American dream.America first,love for their country,so it's possible for a country as diverse as Nigeria not to have exaggerated tribal issues blown out of any reasonable proportion as Nigeria,even at that they still have and want one American and people are still flocking there,Which people want the country to split,the 'so called' people are asking for restructuring.and am not talking about pacification as you claim,read in between the lines friend, am talking about anybody even if it's an Igbo man who will move the nation forward.and If this country didn't break,will u break yourself out and form your own country with your wife and kids.Goodluck then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by BabaRamota1980: 1:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
gidgiddy:
My fellow Igbos, I have noticed how some threads are geared at making Igbos support one political party or the other in 2019 in return for support in 2023. I find this laughable

Igbos have produced:
1) The Governor General of Nigeria
2) The ceremonial President of Nigeria
3) Head of state
4) Vice president
5) Senate President
6)Deputy Senate President
7) Speaker, House of Rep
8, Deputy Speaker, House of Rep

At the moment, Igbos are Governors of 7 out of the 36 states in Nigeria.

So please don't be decieved by anyone deceiving themselves with fake political promises. We have nothing to prove inside Nigeria, let others go and prove themselves.

There are more important things to consider...........

Its a shame that you have accomplished all these, far above what any other tribe has accomplished and yet all the ruins and degradations of the republic originated from you, beginning with first coup to destroy a working federation arrangement and up till last administration that was completely ruined by high presence of your people in every corridor of power, privileged or not, under Jonathan.

How do you explain this?

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 10, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Its a shame that you have accomplished all these, far above what any other tribe has accomplished and yet all the ruins and degradations of the republic originated from you, beginning with first coup to destroy a working federation arrangement and up till last administration that was completely ruined by high presence of your people in every corridor of power, privileged or not, under Jonathan.

How do you explain this?

Can u for once see any igbo post and turn a blind eye...

Just asking

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Patrioticooduan: 2:15pm On Aug 10, 2018
KratosCorp:
You are 100% wrong on this one. Nigeria is the MOST diverse and self-contradicting country on earth. Yes, the US is the melting pot of all races. But it is so much more homogeneous than Nigeria.

For example:

- US population is over 60% white.

- US religion is over 70% Christianity.

- US culture is predominantly western.

the second single most prominent demography in the US is not up to 20% of the population. This makes the US very homogeneous, unlike in Nigeria where you have 3 major but diverse nationalities with near equal population and influence. There is no other country like that in the world.

Finally, Americans are extremely divided right now (and may even have a civil war soon) due to their IDEOLOGICAL diversity (which is even way less than what you have in Nigeria currently).

Exactly
Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by gidgiddy: 2:39pm On Aug 10, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

How do you explain this?

There is nothing to explain. An Igbo man has not been President of Nigeria for over 50 years. If Nigerians have not been able to correct whatever they blame Igbo for in all that time then it means Nigeria was never meant to work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by Bethel4Life(f): 4:04pm On Aug 10, 2018
gidgiddy:

There is nothing to explain. An Igbo man has not been President of Nigeria for over 50 years. If Nigerians have not been able to correct whatever they blame Igbo for in all that time then it means Nigeria was never meant to work.
if u sack a manager of a bank cos his not doing well and appoint another one...... Pls after 10 years will u still blame the former sacked manager for any wrong/problems the bank may av encounterd But zoogerian and sophisticated mo.rons think that after 50 years,, d igbos should continue to be blamed for wat one of their own did(remember that he has already been murderd)

forgetting the fact that people from their tribes has ruled dis country since then......

This country is much worse than a zoo i tell u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by BabaRamota1980: 4:10pm On Aug 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Can u for once see any igbo post and turn a blind eye...

Just asking

Me and Igbo are joined together at the hip.

What man has joined together let no yanminri put asunder!

Back off! angry
...and mind ya business. Wetin concern you? Go back to your Delta State and leave me and my brothers in SE alone.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by BabaRamota1980: 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2018
gidgiddy:

Nigeria was working....till you threw sand in the garri. We have spent past 50yrs sifting the sand out so we can get the garri back. Its not easy....few more years to go to separate the garri so we can soak it with groundnut. cool

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by gidgiddy: 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Nigeria was working....till you threw sand in the garri. We have spent past 50yrs sifting the sand out so we can get the garri back. Its not easy....few more years to go to separate the garri so we can soak it with groundnut. cool

Well if it was working and Nigerians cannot fix it after 50 years then it is time to call it quits let everyone go their way and try something new.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Have Held Every Position In Nigeria, They Have Nothing More To Proove by pazienza(m): 4:37pm On Aug 10, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

You mean the country was working until Yorubas threw the entire place into Chaos,when they couldn't live in peace amongst each other in western region, dividing themselves into Awo and Akintola factions, setting the whole place ablaze in the Now infamous Wild wild west, that served as the prelude to Nzeogwu misguided coup?

Just like the country started to turn a corner, under GEJ, becoming Africa biggest economy and enjoying robust foreign investments under the international clout of NOI.
This was until you Yorubas again decided to take the country back 1983 days, by returning a barely educated vindictive and incompetent former military dictator back to position presidency, thereby undoing all the gains the country had gained since Return Of democracy in 1999.

You really have guts thinking you can pin the failure of your colonial geographical expression on Ndiigbo, a people who had long continued to express their desire to not want to continue being part of your failing British colonial estate, without repercussions.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019 : Adeboye Reveals What Christians Should Do To President Buhari & Osinbajo / Government Should Resettle El Zazzaky In Anambra For His Security / We Fabricated Lies To Sabotage Jonathan’s Government 'ex-apc Spokesperson' Timi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.