Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,417 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Kogi State University Inaugurate Comrade Dominic Iko-ojo, As Sug President For 2 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kogi State University Inaugurate Comrade Dominic Iko-ojo, As Sug President For 2 (503 Views)

UNIZIK SUG President, Others Beat Up Security Man For Locking School Gate(photo) / Breaking News!!! UNIBEN Senate Rusticated The SUG President, PRO and other Excos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State University Inaugurate Comrade Dominic Iko-ojo, As Sug President For 2 by Ariyatech(m): 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
Inaugural speech delivered by comrade Dominic Iko-Ojo (sug president) for the 2017/2018 academic session on the 10th August 2018, at the university Senate chamber.

PROTOCOLS,

It thrills me with great sense of enthusiasm and penchant humility to stand here today humbled by the task before us, grateful for the trust you have bestowed, and mindful of the sacrifices borne by our students. It is a no mean historical coincidence as to today student union government executives’ inauguration which is the 6th executive house in the series and the 2nd taking place under the administration of the 4th vice chancellor of this great institution.

I want to begin by saying that the almighty has indeed blessed our citadel of learning with good leadership as we are currently experiencing under the administration of our indefatigable, magnanimous, affable and student friendly vice chancellor in the person of Prof. M.S Abdulkadir who has over these few years of his administration proven coherently that he is the perfect vice chancellor that our institution needs at this critical time that every part of the society is clamoring for good leadership to salvage our society from current its current state of decadence, for under his leadership, the vice chancellor and his management has achieved many great feat and has sets many records in this university which will forever speak even in centuries to come. On behalf of Nigerian student I want to say a very big thank you sir and we pray that God almighty continue to bless and guide you for us (Amen).

As I have stated across different platform during my campaign and manifesto that the propelling force of my ambition is to serve and protect that which is the collective interest of the Nigerian student both within and outside the school campus and most importantly to reconcile the interest of the student community and that of the school management. On this note I have come to present to you all the Blueprint to achieving our five points agenda.

1. WELFARE
In the aspect of achieving greater welfare goal, the school management has been ensuring that the institution has an improved welfare services for the students and this is what our administration intends to commemorate by ensuring that we have a viable and effective transportation system at a lower cost. This also goes to include constant electricity supply in our various halls of residence as well as having an improved healthcare delivery system through the establishment of the TISHIP committee (TERTIARY INSTITUTION SOCIAL HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM) which is the only committee through which the interest of the students can be well represented in the affairs of our healthcare service delivery. And lastly as touching welfare, we have put in place various techniques and tactics to alleviate the suffering of our students in the various hall of residence by setting up a committee that will have the welfare director as chairman and one representative from various hall of residence as member to ensure that the challenges of various hall of residence are well attended to.

2. SECURITY
As touching the issue of security, it is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that the chief security coordinator of the university in the person of Rtd. Maj. Adama as a matter of fact proven beyond reasonable doubt that we can have a safe university community where criminality and other social vices can be curbed. This administration planned to sustain this by complementing the efforts and activity of the university security unit to improve the security of life and property of every student. In our bid to curb the insecurity challenge in the school coupled with indiscriminate arrest of our student both within and outside the school premises, we have liaise with the school management to fast track the release of the students identity cards for distribution to ensure proper and easy identification of our students.

Continue reading

http://www.ariyatech.com.ng/2018/08/kogi-state-university-inaugurate.html?m=1

Re: Kogi State University Inaugurate Comrade Dominic Iko-ojo, As Sug President For 2 by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2018
long time ago

(1) (Reply)

UNILAG DIPLOMA/JUPEB/FOUNDATION POSTPONE ENTRANCE EXAM - 09082964145 / How To Check WAEC Result Without Internet / ASUU Vows To Continue Strike Until...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.