Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,399 members, 7,819,422 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" (35507 Views)

'I Lived With A Yahoo Boy' - Tonto Dikeh As She Reacts To Fresh Body Parts News / "Tania Omotayo Dating, Summy, A Yahoo Boy" - 9jagistlive2018 Accuses Wizkid's Ex / SARS Officials Harass Dr. SID, Mistake Him For A Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by sapeleboi(m): 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2018
biko nairaland let me enjoy playing my game I take baba God beg you embarassed
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by chigoizie7(m): 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2018
True
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by godson4u79(m): 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2018
Is he not speaking the truth.. Let's be realistic here
gbaskiboy:
Attention seeker

3 Likes

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by captainamiedi1: 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2018
jibrilyaba:
expose d ritualists among dem too.one million 2 shoot music video?clarence peters must b very rich.

i'm very confident clearance wouldn't take 1million.

6 Likes

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by otherway: 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
We already know most of them are either into drugs,Yahoo plus or outright rituals.And ofcourse most of the ladies are also into drugs or oloshoism.

1 Like

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by mamuzoOMAH(m): 10:48pm On Aug 10, 2018
jibrilyaba:
expose d ritualists among dem too.one million 2 shoot music video?clarence peters must b very rich.
the least price Clarence Peters collect is 4million. and yes, he is very very rich

3 Likes

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by sureteeboy(m): 10:49pm On Aug 10, 2018
The guy made a great point. You must either be a drug dealer, yahoo fraudster or have an affluent sponsor if you're aiming for limelight in Nigeria's music industry

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by skallion7(m): 10:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
topeayan:
Fact....... Even Davido and his Gangs are into illicit acts such credit card fraud and plus
Look at this one again, now if you're taken to court to defend what you said now. You won't find any concrete evidence, you're just guessing of your poverty stricken life. Go get a life

Sadist!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by cbrass(m): 10:54pm On Aug 10, 2018
mamuzoOMAH:
the least price Clarence Peters collect is 4million. and yes, he is very very rich

I even heard from one of those Camera guys that the instrumet cost alot to rent per day

1 Like

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by exporters101: 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2018
The hustle for hit songs is really real
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by neweraomo: 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2018
SufferPikinHead:
Any GBoys in the building
I need just one Cash out or deal
I get Card I just need one Hit
baba make we talk business
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by mamuzoOMAH(m): 11:03pm On Aug 10, 2018
cbrass:

I even heard from one of those Camera guys that the instrumet cost alot to rent per day
yes. you are right. the models, the props and everything regarding the video are provided by the director. let alone renting the equipments. and then u add man power. that is the reason why a music video cost so much.

5 Likes

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by HardMirror(m): 11:04pm On Aug 10, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
the guy sounds intelligent. Maybe because he is a graduate
i noticed that too

6 Likes

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Dacronym(m): 11:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
the guy sounds intelligent. Maybe because he is a graduate
How does he Sound intelligent?
Everything he Said there is Open Secret

2 Likes

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by gidgiddy: 11:07pm On Aug 10, 2018
Music business is cut-throat.

You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't have support, you are likely to fail, or at best, remain small time.
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
I can't help but agree with him..
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by edi287: 11:11pm On Aug 10, 2018
Issafela:
>>

Couple caught having sex inside domino's

Watch Video HERE
Another lame blogger looking for views. Hope people aren't stupid enough to click on your link

3 Likes

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Nobody: 11:13pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hotfreeze:
Wrong

Most ritualists, armed robbers, Internet fraudsters and criminals look for where to launder their criminal proceeds. Entertainment is always a veritable tool for this because with fame comes acceptability.

In the US, drug dealers routinely invested in music, Italian mafias invested in food, construction and gambling businesses.

You are right and Weflo is also right.

1 Like

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by HoodBillionaire: 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2018
abegi
is music d only way out of poverty
stupid fools
naija srtists are dumbos
a nobody when they travel abroad
fools
over populated with wackos
must everyoje be a rapper or sing
broke bastards
still paying house rent fools
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Caring0(m): 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2018
cool

1 Like

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by udemzyudex(m): 11:20pm On Aug 10, 2018
kingthreat:
As much as i hate yahoo, the poverty in Nigeria makes it appealing. For those into yahoo abeg make una no do local o. That is wickedness

So na International no be wickedness undecided

Human being sha.
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Dollabiz: 11:21pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by SawOnPedia: 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2018
jibrilyaba:

Baba Clarence Peter no go take 1m for shoot o. Na upcoming director be that
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Nobody: 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
abegi
is music d only way out of poverty
stupid fools
naija srtists are dumbos
a nobody when they travel abroad
fools
over populated with wackos
must everyoje be a rapper or sing
broke bastards
still paying house rent fools

Hmmm..
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by mrtayesynchro(m): 11:44pm On Aug 10, 2018
Towncrier247:
Fast-rising singer, Weflo has stated that no youth can make it in the Nigerian music industry with their own money. Asked why yahoo-yahoo is believed to be rampant among many upcoming artistes, the UNILAG graduate explained that if you are not getting someone to finance you but you have been able to shoot so many high quality videos, then you are either into fraud or other illicit means of raising money.

While speaking in an interview with reporters at an event in Lagos about his newly released video, "Ise" shot by top Director Paul Gambit, Weflo lamented that the Nigerian environment is not conducive for upcoming talents because the cost of establishing your musical talent is almost like the cost of going into an oil and gas business.

"The Nigerian music industry is not for a poor person, and this is not to discourage any upcoming artiste from coming into the industry, but the truth is that if you as an upcoming artiste doesn't have anyone backing you financially, you will be depending on only fate to even get attention. Studio fees alone will not allow you to beable to express all your talent. It will restrict you from doing as many songs as you want. Your hit song is probably among the ones you haven't yet have money to record. When time comes to promote the audio, the media will cut your neck and you may eventually not beable to promote the song.

"Don't even let me start with video directors. Sometimes to get a standard video shoot at 1millin Naira, you have to beg directors. Don't also talk about DJs, radio stations and Alaba mix and so on.This is why for every 20 successful artistes making waves, there are probably more than 200 thousand others looking up to God for studio fees. That is why a lot of artistes are into Yahoo and all sorts of means to raise money. It's not in my place to judge anyone, because we are all responsible for our actions at the end of the day. So if you find an upcoming artistes who is shooting all types of internationally standard videos and spends so much promoting them, then money comes from either one of the aforementioned means; not to deny that there are occasional exceptions where the song just go viral without any major effort. In my case though, i have been lucky to have the full support of my parents financially and in all ramifications." Weflo stated.

Explaining further, Weflo says "You might want to ask, can't an artiste get a part time job and save up for his music career? The truth is, like i said earlier, the type of capital you need to succeed in the music business is not the type you use starting a small scale business. You need millions to run it. If you start small, fine!; but 9 out of 10 times you will not break through until you find a sponsor. Maybe if you earn a 7-figure salary, but how many youths in Nigeria earn a 7-figure salary? The few that do are most likely not into music."

Weflo however advised that the best way forward is for banks, government and corporate bodies to support the industry.

"We are in an era where music videos reach 100million views on Youtube, I dream of an industry where a brand for instance can take up the bill of an artiste's musical video shoot in exchange for a feature of their product or service in the video. Banks should also beable to give loans to artistes and government needs to fund entertainment same way they fund sports", he advised.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2018/08/as-upcoming-artiste-you-either-have.html?m=1

May God bless you abundantly and tremendously baba mi for saying it as it is,you really bursted my head as in you nailed it.l will use my self as an example....I do not believe in internet scam which is the trend among youths or any illicit act but i toil so hard for my money in order to push and promote my song but unfortunately its moving at a snail pace due to lack of adequate finance.
But as it is I am not ready to compromise but the positive thing is that I am fulfilled with my song because there is no radio station I have taken the song to that they don't marvel but due to the Naija factor they will make their demand's which is herculean for now.but ironically you see these codene/shaku shaku boys with wack songs shooting all sorts of expensive videos because they are into the "ji masun awon boys ti wa online" things; and being the kind of materialistic society that chooses to relegate valuable music to the background but that will never deter or discourage me.

Please download Percero by Taye Synchro

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Burgerlomo: 11:51pm On Aug 10, 2018
sulasa07:
The guy is speaking from experience. (A Yahoo boy)

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by swaggprofessor(m): 12:09am On Aug 11, 2018
Towncrier247:
Fast-rising singer, Weflo has stated that no youth can make it in the Nigerian music industry with their own money. Asked why yahoo-yahoo is believed to be rampant among many upcoming artistes, the UNILAG graduate explained that if you are not getting someone to finance you but you have been able to shoot so many high quality videos, then you are either into fraud or other illicit means of raising money.

While speaking in an interview with reporters at an event in Lagos about his newly released video, "Ise" shot by top Director Paul Gambit, Weflo lamented that the Nigerian environment is not conducive for upcoming talents because the cost of establishing your musical talent is almost like the cost of going into an oil and gas business.

"The Nigerian music industry is not for a poor person, and this is not to discourage any upcoming artiste from coming into the industry, but the truth is that if you as an upcoming artiste doesn't have anyone backing you financially, you will be depending on only fate to even get attention. Studio fees alone will not allow you to beable to express all your talent. It will restrict you from doing as many songs as you want. Your hit song is probably among the ones you haven't yet have money to record. When time comes to promote the audio, the media will cut your neck and you may eventually not beable to promote the song.

"Don't even let me start with video directors. Sometimes to get a standard video shoot at 1millin Naira, you have to beg directors. Don't also talk about DJs, radio stations and Alaba mix and so on.This is why for every 20 successful artistes making waves, there are probably more than 200 thousand others looking up to God for studio fees. That is why a lot of artistes are into Yahoo and all sorts of means to raise money. It's not in my place to judge anyone, because we are all responsible for our actions at the end of the day. So if you find an upcoming artistes who is shooting all types of internationally standard videos and spends so much promoting them, then money comes from either one of the aforementioned means; not to deny that there are occasional exceptions where the song just go viral without any major effort. In my case though, i have been lucky to have the full support of my parents financially and in all ramifications." Weflo stated.

Explaining further, Weflo says "You might want to ask, can't an artiste get a part time job and save up for his music career? The truth is, like i said earlier, the type of capital you need to succeed in the music business is not the type you use starting a small scale business. You need millions to run it. If you start small, fine!; but 9 out of 10 times you will not break through until you find a sponsor. Maybe if you earn a 7-figure salary, but how many youths in Nigeria earn a 7-figure salary? The few that do are most likely not into music."

Weflo however advised that the best way forward is for banks, government and corporate bodies to support the industry.

"We are in an era where music videos reach 100million views on Youtube, I dream of an industry where a brand for instance can take up the bill of an artiste's musical video shoot in exchange for a feature of their product or service in the video. Banks should also beable to give loans to artistes and government needs to fund entertainment same way they fund sports", he advised.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2018/08/as-upcoming-artiste-you-either-have.html?m=1
Abeg na who b dis.?.??
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Osirawboy: 12:10am On Aug 11, 2018
I wonder where these Music Video Directors find all those Video Vixens in their videos from. Dem bad
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Jay5mie: 12:25am On Aug 11, 2018
Custaqueen:
Yahoo kor yahoo ni undecided

Guys be doing ritual in Ghana....
Categorising it as yahoo...
Killers!!...

Meanwhile, I would really appreciate it if you all check my signature...it would mean a lot to me cry cry

See as your mouth de Sharp....shey yahoo boy use your glory ni
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by KingOfThePay(m): 12:32am On Aug 11, 2018
This Guy is saying noting but the pure truth. Spent some few months in Ibadan from Lag and back abroad-starting a small lable that i thoghtu could grow up and sprung but mehn i have seen a whole lot of shitz!!!!

Gone are the days!

1 Like

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by pcept: 12:42am On Aug 11, 2018
SufferPikinHead:
Any GBoys/funders in the building
I need just one Cash out or deal
I get Card I just need one Hit
which card do u hav?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Rapper Busta Rhymes falls off stage, sustains head injury (Pictures) / Burna Boy Fan Gifts Him A Portrait Diamond Painting (video) / Funke Akindele & Fan Who Accused DrSid Of Destroying Tiwa's Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.