Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" (35497 Views)

'I Lived With A Yahoo Boy' - Tonto Dikeh As She Reacts To Fresh Body Parts News / "Tania Omotayo Dating, Summy, A Yahoo Boy" - 9jagistlive2018 Accuses Wizkid's Ex / SARS Officials Harass Dr. SID, Mistake Him For A Yahoo Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by GreatCracker(m): 9:42am On Aug 11, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
and what is so dope there?? Mtceeew my guy c ehhh this music tin is like a wave and anywhere Is flows to is where u should go along if u want 2 make it...in US that music started from West coast (Snoop,Dre) then east coast (Jay,50), then midcoast(Wayne) but now it's is Southside(trap hip-hop)..... honestly half the US tinks trap is trash but the youths love it and that's what counts.jayz released an album and 50cent told him point and blank that it will sell nothing..it all came to pass..

Right now this afrobeat everyone seems to underrate is the new wave.if care is not taken they go fade out davido and wizzy....
Who still does raggae?? Go ask cintia Morgan, even her house rent dey hard her.
Who does rap again, go ask MI and naeto C na..

Follow the trend or get fazed out. Nothing like Yahoo Yahoo or whatever, all those are just mare excuse to make up for defeat.

you're very right with what you said though, and if you will be sincere I clearly stated it that the song will not sell not because its not dope enough but it won't appeal to the need of the naija music lovers

I can imagine what MI and Ice prince neato c and the rest rappers we have making waves then will feel like right now.
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by texazzpete(m): 10:53am On Aug 11, 2018
Leno69:
Is he trying to tell us he is Yahoo? grin

In the article, he clearly says he’s being bankrolled by his parents.

You’ve just told us you cannot read.

1 Like

Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by gonkin(m): 11:15am On Aug 11, 2018
Dacronym:

All my life I have never my Father me or my late Parents
We never at any point had up to 20-30M I can say that and here you would see ppl buying brand new cars
Spending Millions weekend week out
Did you notice since this buhari administration yahoo yahoo has gone up but plus and ordinary hence this SARS nonsense

Its simple. The dollar went up. To N500 at a time
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by PotatoSalad(m): 11:27am On Aug 11, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
. U speak like one who is wise but it was really easy to spot the imbesile in you... You think you should just do your own and the audience will find u abi?? Maybe u missed the part where finance to keep it going is the point here. Who listens to soul or blues here?? Where is dare art alade today? Who listens to rap? Where is naeto C now?? U speak like a kid who's got no responsibilities on him. Even olamide and phyno had to run far from rap coz they knew their 3sqare meals depended on that.
You sound exactly like them.
Your bs won't stop me from making my money.
Incase you know, I'm into one of the least popular genres here. If you like saturate yourselves in afrobeat.
Back in 2004, it wasn't really a thing, we had more dancehall. At a point, it will drop, same artists will move from afrobeat to whatever that's trending then.
Oya, that way.
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by lordally(m): 12:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
nnokwa042:
if you manage get student visa when you get here you look for small work while your schooling, but me did go through that process ooh I toast babe she fall we became lover's then later got married to her ;Dbut now is too tough even if you marry their girl you will go to naija to wait for residence visa which you don't know when they will give you if your wife is not a good person she will forget about you

Thanks a lot for your reply bro!!! Please how much is their cheapest fee!!!! and after schooling can I get a job in the IT field
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by soliq55(m): 12:53pm On Aug 11, 2018
mrtayesynchro:

May God bless you abundantly and tremendously baba mi for saying it as it is,you really bursted my head as in you nailed it.l will use my self as an example....I do not believe in internet scam which is the trend among youths or any illicit act but i toil so hard for my money in order to push and promote my song but unfortunately its moving at a snail pace due to lack of adequate finance.
But as it is I am not ready to compromise but the positive thing is that I am fulfilled with my song because there is no radio station I have taken the song to that they don't marvel but due to the Naija factor they will make their demand's which is herculean for now.but ironically you see these codene/shaku shaku boys with wack songs shooting all sorts of expensive videos because they are into the "ji masun awon boys ti wa online" things; and being the kind of materialistic society that chooses to relegate valuable music to the background but that will never deter or discourage me.

Please download Percero by Taye Synchro

This is a nice song bro. Better than a lot of songs out there in the industry. Keep working and stick around.
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Monicaville: 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2018
dinggle:
This guy is a mumu artist! talent can not be denied, upload your songs to Youtube if you are good, it will fly. Who goes to radio station again in 2018?...analog artist from the 80s!!!

I completely disagree with you, the most talented artistes are not making it in Nigeria because they dont have money to promote their music. It's not enough to just put it on youtube. You need to push it, do quality recording and high quality, world class video to appeal to the audience. Go to youtube, there are severL extremely talented artistes with very low views on their videos while the wack ones who have money to push the videos are shining. Most times, the traffic doesnt come directly from Youtube, but from external promotions.
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by ObaOloye: 2:47pm On Aug 11, 2018
[
Weflo however advised that the best way forward is for banks, government and corporate bodies to support the industry.

"We are in an era where music videos reach 100million views on Youtube, I dream of an industry where a brand for instance can take up the bill of an artiste's musical video shoot in exchange for a feature of their product or service in the video. [b]Banks should also beable to give loans to artistes and government needs to fund entertainment same way they fund sports", he advised.

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2018/08/as-upcoming-artiste-you-either-have.html?m=1
[/quote]

When you open your own bank, then by all means be handing out credit facilities to musicians. If you still have a bank at the end of the financial year, come and collect another 25b for capital.
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by mrtayesynchro(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
soliq55:

This is a nice song bro. Better than a lot of songs out there in the industry. Keep working and stick around.

Thank you very much boss,I a really ppreciate you
Re: Weflo: "As An Upcoming Artiste, You Either Have A Sponsor Or You Are A Yahoo" by Ugosample(m): 6:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
dinggle:
This guy is a mumu artist! talent can not be denied, upload your songs to Youtube if you are good, it will fly. Who goes to radio station again in 2018?...analog artist from the 80s!!!

after putting your work on YouTube and people liked it

if no one discovers you and signs you to a good label

you are on your own

so he is still right

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido Shares Cute Pic Of His Step-mum / Awilo Longomba Pictured With Peter Okoye In The Studio - He Looks So Different / Burna Boy Fan Gifts Him A Portrait Diamond Painting (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.