Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,644 members, 7,813,159 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

"I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz (19635 Views)

This Is Not Funny! Regina Daniel's Husband Might Sue Whoever Did This Photoshop / Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' / Lady Blasts Falz For Using Ladies In Hijab To Dance In "This Is Nigeria” Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by exporters101: 3:04pm On Aug 11, 2018
Bakrabas:

He said everybody is a criminal, are you part of em'?
I noted rightly. Read again, Nigeria and not Nigerians
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by Bakrabas: 3:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
exporters101:

I noted rightly. Read again, Nigeria and not Nigerians

Oh... Who are those in Nigeria?
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by exporters101: 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
Bakrabas:

Oh... Who are those in Nigeria?
My friend, use your IQ or go read my post 100 times.

1 Like

Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by TimeManager(m): 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2018
Why are we getting him wrong?

kiss the truth!

1 Like

Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by Bakrabas: 3:37pm On Aug 11, 2018
exporters101:

My friend, use your IQ or go read my post 100 times.

Borrow me yours if you have , if I'm truly your friend
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by safarigirl(f): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2018
dominique:
I hate that song with a passion, the reason why I have never sat to watch/listen to it more than once in my entire life is because of that particular line.

When you label a population of almost 200 million people as criminals, expect to be banned. Now people are using that line as a justification for getting into fraudulent acts, after all they've already been called criminals anyways. I support the ban, falz take several seats jor.
i think most of you just misunderstand that line.

If the police arrest you, they will tag you a criminal, most of the time, you did not commit a crime, but you are a criminal in that moment. That was what he meant, he was saying what the police tag Nigerians.

You guys just failed to understand the line because you think he actually meant everyone was a criminal, una come dey carry the matter for head. That is like when men say Nigerian women are gold diggers and even those who aren't take it personal

2 Likes

Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by AdGaJo(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
kirkwood:
But all the things the guy said in the video are true.

He didnt create a fantasy story.

It's time we are strong enough to own our stories.

BTW , it's unfortunate that people have started using this 'This is Nigeria, where everybody is a criminal.' line to abuse Nigerians.

Any slightest encounter with Ghanaians or South Africans, they would shout :'This is Nigeria, where everybody is a criminal.'

when lagbaja called everyone MUMU(200 MILLION MUMU) was that track/album banned. we can never progress if we can't accept simple things

1 Like

Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by chubinwa(m): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2018
Falz need to b careful o. Nigeria is a lawless country. he should go and ask questions what they did to Fela who exposed the evil practices if the government.
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by Kay17: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2018
tamethem:
They have the right to ban any song they believe should be banned.

The fact that you are a lawyer and having a lawyer father doesn't make you or anyone uncheckable.

This is Nigeria is Correct

But Everybody be Criminal is wrong.

I am not a Criminal neither is anyone in my Family.

My kids are not Criminals and I am daily teaching them why it is wrong to be a Criminal.

We keep saying Naijas image is destroyed outside and you are doing a song that would be played on International TVs and Radio.

I would be ashamed if I sit down with foreign friends in Canada or any other foreign country and such song is aired on Tv or radio done by a Nigerian like me.

That means if I am called a Criminal by anyone I should not be angry because one of my brothers Falz says so.

If he had said " This is Nigeria and there are lots of Criminals" he could fight that in the court and win but with "Everybody be Crimal" he will surely lose the case.

The judge himself would just tell him " I am a Nigerian and I am not a Criminal ".

Case dismissed!

Nonsense!

It would be disastrous for everyone if it was up to NBC to ban any material over the air waves on the basis of its subjective or an irrational belief that such material. is obscene. A more objective standard outside of NBC's standard must be resorted to.
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by Kingspin(m): 6:41pm On Aug 11, 2018
Only a criminal could ban the song

1 Like

Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by vezycash(m): 7:32pm On Aug 11, 2018
writefreely:
Falz is an idiot for saying 'this is Nigeria, everybody be criminal'...I imagine how that my MEE472 lecturer that year who doesn't take bribe or collect sorting will feel about it. There are good people in this country dammit.

When police stops and searches your phone, laptop, pocket... randomly just because you are a male with okay dressing.
When police bundles you into a pick up truck just because you are a male walking in an area that was robbed 8 hours ago.
When someone does you wrong but first reports to the police. And the police brutalizes you. Understands the situation later, doesn't apologize and insist on bail.

When any other random stupid shit makes them treat you like a criminal, lemme see if you'll still call him Falz an "IDIOT".
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by vezycash(m): 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2018
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by Maket: 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2018
LieutenantBOBO:
Frankly, it's a good thing that the song was banned.

Nigeria already has a bad reputation & the last thing she needs is someone coming to say that EVERYONE IS A CRIMINAL.

I've listened to Childish Gambino's This is America like 10 times. I've even gone through the lyrics & I didn't see or hear where he bashed the country in general.

Despite the fact that America has a very high level of crime. Ranging from credit card theft, robbery, gang wars, murderers, rapists... amoungs others... They even have a corrupt government & law agencies.

But 1 Mr. Falz took it upon himself to tag everybody a criminal. You see Africans mentality? If he tries to travel & they deny him Visa, he'll still come & start talking trash. Meanwhile, he spearheaded the whole thing.

If Falz should sue NBC, he will lose...
The constitution is already backing the NBC
He is talking because Obj us not the president. I remember NIGERIA JAGA JAGA
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by nwoyeabraham: 8:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
He's just saying his mind about our polity
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by Sofia01: 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
geek4k:
Before you judge, y'al should first understand the cannotation behind the line "everybody is a criminal".

He clearly insinuated how the govt officials has literally tagged Nigerians criminals. He even backed up his claim with illustrations on the video with the SARS officials et all.
Correct talk my guy
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by justtoodark: 9:31pm On Aug 11, 2018
we are not all criminals....he should have been more careful with that.....

the ladies in hijab was a mistake too......
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by justtoodark: 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2018
nwoyeabraham:
He's just saying his mind about our polity

thats not acceptable....i dont want to be titled automatical criminal because of this song....

am my own nigerian person...he should speak for himself....not for all of us.....

he should have said,"police think everybody na criminal"....

we are not all criminals....the fg can even charge him to court sef on behalf of all nigerians....
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by EmmanuelCena(m): 11:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
dominique:
I hate that song with a passion, the reason why I have never sat to watch/listen to it more than once in my entire life is because of that particular line.

When you label a population of almost 200 million people as criminals, expect to be banned. Now people are using that line as a justification for getting into fraudulent acts, after all they've already been called criminals anyways. I support the ban, falz take several seats jor.

Lol.
There we go again!
We hate when we're told the truth!

I wonder if you listened to the song At all.

He said everybody be criminal, and cited instances to explain that statement.

DOESN'T The Federal SARS see every young rich looking. Guy as a criminal?

Lets not just hastily run to conclusions.

Lets learn to analyse statements critically.
Otherwise, why are we the educated folk?

1 Like

Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by Emycord: 2:58am On Aug 12, 2018
writefreely:
Falz is an idiot for saying 'this is Nigeria, everybody be criminal'...I imagine how that my MEE472 lecturer that year who doesn't take bribe or collect sorting will feel about it. There are good people in this country dammit.
but buhari said same thing and even worse. when he was abroad
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by Luminee(f): 4:59am On Aug 12, 2018
kirkwood:
But all the things the guy said in the video are true.

He didnt create a fantasy story.

It's time we are strong enough to own our stories.

BTW , it's unfortunate that people have started using this 'This is Nigeria, where everybody is a criminal.' line to abuse Nigerians.

Any slightest encounter with Ghanaians or South Africans, they would shout :'This is Nigeria, where everybody is a criminal.'

More reason why it should be banned
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by Yawa4politics9j: 10:26am On Aug 12, 2018
Hmmmm... For those of you saying that everyone is not a criminal but inside you, you know say u done thief b4 grin
Re: "I Might Sue NBC If Ban On ‘This Is Nigeria’ Is Not Lifted" – Falz by AnunuebeAgbawo7: 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
writefreely:

Your president said something similar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kanayo O Kanayo: Actor-Turned-Pastor [PHOTOS] / Jackie Appiah Stuns In New Photos (peek) / Dakore Akande Flaunts Belly In Crop Top And Pants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.