Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World (36656 Views)

How Much Of A Yearly Salary One Needs To Spend To Afford An iPhone-14-Pro 128GB / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / See How Long You Should Charge Your New Phone For The First Time Before Using (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Ibukunmer: 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
I am not sure what the point of this information is?

1 Like

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by tmtech: 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
hard labour na im full this country
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by aureen: 1:39pm On Aug 11, 2018
Even Jesus migrated.
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by sisisioge: 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

So wetin do Techno wey I no buy? Lovely camera, ram size and screen size...that's about all an average user looks out for. 80% of the apps in these high end phones remain unused by their owners for all their lifespan. Whew!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by clemzo101(m): 1:51pm On Aug 11, 2018
Its actually 6.7days for new york reaidents (US) While london is 11.3 days.
Chizuru01:

US is just 11.3 days my brother. while in the Shithole is 133 days.

Now you know the reason why many are praying for second slave shipping to America

1 Like

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by InTime(m): 1:54pm On Aug 11, 2018
Who Iphone Help

1 Like

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
dingbang:
If the phone has the phone number of Jesus Christ I will buy it. Nonsense

See what living in a shíthole can cause

I bet you would find your statement absurd if you could earn more than it's worth in 6 working days (or 12 undecided )

Open your mind my friend

1 Like

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Grace001: 1:57pm On Aug 11, 2018
If after working for 133days to get an iPhone X, they forget to include this in their analyzes that you will have to work for another 30 days to save money to pay SARS. Because if SARS see that phone in your possession you’re automatically a yahoo boy hence” you don buy market” food don come for SARS

3 Likes

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by HoodBillionaire: 1:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
i dey pick steady
courier work dey sweet die
once u don catch 1client
first billing 700$
second billing 3k
and d list and bills are endless
na d client go run
G for life
hahahahaha
though i neva pick almost 1month now
clients don dey wise up

3 Likes

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Strikethem: 2:00pm On Aug 11, 2018
Chizuru01:
hmm zoo always good at bad

BTW,

It is only a fool that will just puff out such amount of money gotten on such amount of time on just phone.

It is only allowed if you get it within 1 or two months?
Hope it is half a day in arochukwu jungle

1 Like

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by psucc(m): 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
Guy, when I see people talking about working hard, I sometimes feel bad. The minimum wage in Nigeria is N18,000 while a bag of rice is above that. This is a yardstick for the average Nigerian. Though I can never dispute the fact that IPhone is brekete in Nigeria, I still will want to say that everything was not meant for everybody.

Go for the one that you could. Hard work has different meaning here, bros.
michlins:
no wonder. If Nigeria is a zoo then you are a gorrila.

The amount someone spends on a device is his money not yours. Work hard and ball hard too. People buy iPhone X as gifts to loved ones in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by seangy4konji: 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
Some slay mama's working as bar tenders collect 15k as_salaries ND they will buy pant, bra, eat, transport, buy recharge card. Buy food pay nepa bill.,buy soap, buy keep or gas, and a whole lot of boll.. Let's say she save 1k out of salary in a month multiply time 12 =12k.

Try and calculate the that's saving) 12k per year to reach 1000$ if:$ is 352N...

352/12=?

So she must do olonsho work poo to buy iPhonex..no Jupiter can stop it.. By the time she gather the money self, her breast, boobs and toto go don turn X=exhibit.

2 Likes

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by henry007(m): 2:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
This info is so off coz the average Nigerian doesn't earn enough to save that much within 133 days. Even if you're earning a good 80K, you probably would only get to save about half which would take a longer time to save for an iPhone X

2 Likes

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Grace001: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
Ibukunmer:
I am not sure what the point of this information is?

It’s another way of interpreting a good standard of living in each country and Labour/wages in each country.

Interpretation of information is what makes us literate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Ibukunmer: 2:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
Grace001:

It’s another way of interpreting a good standard of living in each country and Labour/wages in each country.

So basically reinforcing nothing new or is it merely for perspective purpose. Put me out of my misery here.

Ability to filter information is a more useful skill.

1 Like

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Nobody: 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
The phone is just a status symbol. Apple is already richer than some countries, I will prefer if they donated some money to poor. But if the poor wants to be slaves just to add to Apple riches that explains why they are poor in the first place. Ostentatious consumption.
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Baroba(m): 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2018
Europeans and Americans I think ( most) get there phones on contract, you pay a small down payment and make small small repayment monthly for like 2 years.. Ninety nine percent of people don't buy phones outright in UK.. You just need a good credit rating ..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 11, 2018
A business man/woman can afford it within a month, I'm not sure of salary earners.
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Burchester: 2:22pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hustlersdiary:
You don't have to wait for 133 days if you can get AT&t or Verizon postpaid acc, you can open an iPhone x shop if you wish.

If you know u know.

If u get am holla me.

How teach me
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Nobody: 2:24pm On Aug 11, 2018
Grace001:

True but we can't compare these advanced countries with us, they work hourly and they can choose to substitute their leisure time to work two jobs and even work more than 8 hours to earn more money which is a good example of income effect.
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Timidaves: 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2018
iPhoneX is approximately $1000 so they were trying to estimate howany days it will take to make $1000( 365k) in different cities using a commodity that is worth that amount and Lagos is one of tge lowest. So sad on how people work very hard in this country nd still get little pay when compared to others abroad
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by samzzycash(m): 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
i dey pick steady
once u don catch 1client
first billing 700$
second billing 3k
na d client go run
G for life
hahahahaha
clients don dey wise up
bro come give me the format for courier work abeg
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Elxandre(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
i dey pick steady
once u don catch 1client
first billing 700$
second billing 3k
na d client go run
G for life
hahahahaha
clients don dey wise up
No go find work.
Dey thief innocent people money.
Rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Elxandre(m): 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
Baroba:
Europeans and Americans I think ( most) get there phones on contract, you pay a small down payment and make small small repayment monthly for like 2 years.. Ninety nine percent of people don't buy phones outright in UK.. You just need a good credit rating ..
But which ia cheaper?

Aren't the contracts not more expensive in the long run?
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 11, 2018
When Amazon carding still dey hot
SmH grin
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2018
johnmix12:

Apple's iPhone X had a price tag of $999 (about N365,000) on launch day in November 2017 making it the most expensive version of the device ever manufactured. It was even more expensive outside the U.S. most of the time due to sales and import taxes.
Swiss Bank UBS conducted an analysis of the device's price for someone on an average wage in 15 different professions in major cities.

It found out that in Zurich which is incredibly affluent, anybody hoping to buy an iPhone X on an average wage would have to work almost 5 days straight to get their hands on the iPhone X.

For an average New Yorker, 6.7 days would be required.

If that sounds like a lot, spare a thought for people in Africa dreaming of buying Apple's flagship smartphone. In Lagos Nigeria, one of the world's fastest growing cities and the most populous city in Africa, anybody hoping to buy an iPhone X on an average wage would have to work for 133 days. This is because wages are still extremely low here.

In the Kenyan capital of Nairobi, all you need is 72 days of work on an average wage to purchase the handset.

The numbers reflect that labour is cheaper in African cities than their European and American counterparts. It also signifies the purchasing power of the citizens of these cities.

Please note that 1 working day here = 8 working hours.

Source - https://lailasnews.com/heres-how-long-you-have-to-work-to-afford-an-iphone-x-in-lagos-rest-of-the-world/

Lagos average salary is not 250 dollars per month, i.e 97k naira.

1 Like

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by HoodBillionaire: 3:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
pay me first
i go give u all the write ups
emails
bla bla bla
samzzycash:
bro come give me the format for courier work abeg
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by HoodBillionaire: 3:05pm On Aug 11, 2018
how dare u
Elxandre:

No go find work.
Dey thief innocent people money.
Rubbish.

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by loomer: 3:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
shey na minimum wage Una take calculate the thing?
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by samzzycash(m): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2018
HoodBillionaire:
pay me first
i go give u all the write ups
emails
bla bla bla
no problem after all the millions or na billions wey you don make from the work you still they hustle 30k.
Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by samzzycash(m): 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
abluck:
When Amazon carding still dey hot
SmH grin
Salliemae banking self 10k dollars in one day.

1 Like

Re: How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World by yungchop: 3:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hustlersdiary:
You don't have to wait for 133 days if you can get AT&t or Verizon postpaid acc, you can open an iPhone x shop if you wish.

If you know u know.

If u get am holla me.
I get sure clients.. Drop your number make we talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google Engineer Apologizes After Photos App Tags Two Black People As Gorillas / Whatsapp Is Down / Religious Headgear: MTN Makes Registration Changes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.