Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

See How Long You Should Charge Your New Phone For The First Time Before Using - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See How Long You Should Charge Your New Phone For The First Time Before Using (3356 Views)

Why Is It Compulsory To Charge Phone & Power Bank First Before Using Them? / How Long You Have To Work To Afford An Iphone X In Lagos & Rest Of The World / VIDEO: Dubai’s Smart Trees Have Wifi And Can Charge Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Long You Should Charge Your New Phone For The First Time Before Using by bongolistik(m): 4:26pm On Oct 15, 2017
If you want to know this about 10 years ago when most phones came with Nickel metal hybrid battery, then you are a step in the right direction but not now again when most phone batteries are Lithium ion or Lithium polymer batteries.

In those days, the cells in Nickel batteries have memories, and therefore charging your phones for long period of time for the first time after buying helped the cells to remember and retain the charges for those extended charging time, therefore charging for the first time for long hours, helped the battery last longer.

But not now agian that the era of nickel battery phones are far behind us and in the attempt to fix most of the shortcomings of Nickel battery phones, what we now see in phones are Lithium ion or Lithium polymer batteries.

Now, for the Lithium batteries on phones, after coming out of production, the cells are made to go through some formation stage and thereby the manufacturers charge them fully to make sure they are working properly, and this activates the chemical components of the cells and keep them ready for use almost immediately at any time.

So, you no longer need to further prepare your new phones by charging them for long hours before using as you can just buy phone now and start using without even charging for any hour of time, for this practically has no adverse effect on lithium ion or lithium polymer battery phones.

Source: http://highteknology.com/2017/10/how-long-should-i-charge-my-new-phone.html
Re: See How Long You Should Charge Your New Phone For The First Time Before Using by inedujac: 7:54pm On Oct 15, 2017
Ok.
Re: See How Long You Should Charge Your New Phone For The First Time Before Using by madgoat(m): 9:06pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hmmmmmmmm....
Re: See How Long You Should Charge Your New Phone For The First Time Before Using by Hakimrealest: 9:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
Like when I got my Tecno Spark, I stopped charging when i saw the battery full indicator.
Re: See How Long You Should Charge Your New Phone For The First Time Before Using by HarveyDeven: 10:00am On Oct 16, 2017
Finally, somebody to say it! There's no need to make those charging cycles anymore.

(1) (Reply)

Which Phone Do You Need As A Christmas Gift / My Friend Is Being Scammed, I Need Help For Her / OPPO A93 Unboxing And Review - The Sleekest Phone!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.