Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Liverpool’s Alisson Vows To Justify His Hefty Price Tag - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool’s Alisson Vows To Justify His Hefty Price Tag (239 Views)

OFFICIAL:Liverpool Alisson Becker Named 2019 UEFA Goalkeeper Of The Year(Photos) / Liverpool Completes £67 Million Alisson Deal / #WorldCup: Alisson Becker, Brazil’s Goalkeeper Goes Viral (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liverpool’s Alisson Vows To Justify His Hefty Price Tag by oluwafemme129(m): 5:55pm On Aug 11, 2018
l will work very hard to make sure it’s a good deal for Liverpool too’

Given his price tag, people are expecting big things from the Brazilian and he himself knows this.

Alisson explained to The Mirror after making his Anfield debut for Liverpool in midweek against Torino,

“Yes, it was a big deal for Roma, they had a record fee and they were happy.

“And I’ll work very hard to make sure it’s a good deal for Liverpool too, which is more important. I know that Salah was (thought) a good deal for Roma, but now people say it is a good deal for Liverpool.

“I want to work hard to ensure that yes, people say they paid a (bargain) price for me too, eventually.
‘They are a huge club’

“Playing in a Champions League semi-final here with Roma was an amazing feeling and will always be special to me, in spite of the result [the Italians lost 5-2].

“But this is even more special, wearing the Liverpool shirt for the first time on the home ground. Already there is a bond with the supporters.

“They are so passionate. It’s important for me to have that support and encouragement. We have big hopes and expectations and it’s important to count on them – I’m really happy to be here, and happy to be with them.

“It’s a thing that’s so important to me — to be happy and wanted, to feel valued. That is what Liverpool made me feel.

“They are a huge club, they have had many great players, but when I came here, where I spoke to the people here, they made me feel wanted. All the staff, all the people, not to mention the players. It is an amazing group, some of them I have worked with before, like Salah at Roma.

“I feel as though we can form a really tight group, working together to support each other. We are a team already, I can feel that. We can achieve good things together.”

Rising star

Alisson began his career in Brazil with Sport Club Internacional, for whom he played a total of 56 games, in which he kept a solid 23 clean sheets.

Roma would then snap up Alisson in July of 2016 for a fee of around £7.2m.

The Brazilian would go on to make 64 appearances for the Serie A side, in which he kept 26 clean sheets.

Alisson is also Brazil’s number one and has made a total of 31 appearances for his national team, including several at this year’s World Cup where he managed to keep Manchester City’s Ederson out of the side.

(1) (Reply)

Watch Highlights Of India's U20 Football Team Defeating Argentina's U20 Team 2-1 / Madrid To Make Surprise Move For PSG Star And It Is Not Neymar / Live Football Stream Software

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.