Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,458 members, 7,954,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:33 AM

Pls Guys Help!!! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Guys Help!!! (1386 Views)

Guys Help Me: My Laptop Goes Off And On By Itself / Guys Help... Folders Not Showing I'm My Hard Drive / Acer Laptop ……need U Guys Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2018
Hello guys, I'm trying to install a Bluetooth on my pc but i dont have the driver, I tried downloading it but to no avail... I don't know what else to do I'm staying far from ikeja now.. Pls is there any way(s) I can he it done pls??
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by Greatzeus(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
updatechange:
Hello guys, I'm trying to install a Bluetooth on my pc but i dont have the driver, I tried downloading it but to no avail... I don't know what else to do I'm staying far from ikeja now.. Pls is there any way(s) I can he it done pls??
Why not get a flash drive or external HDD to transfer your files, Bluetooth is almost useless on Pc,do you how long it will take to transfer just a file of 1gb to your PC view Bluetooth?

1 Like

Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2018
Greatzeus:

Why not get a flash drive or external HDD to transfer your files, Bluetooth is almost useless on Pc,do you how long it will take to transfer just a file of 1gb to your PC view Bluetooth?

Ready has those once but the need of the Bluetooth is very important cos of my job... I don't do heavy transfer via it. I'm just looking for way to drive it back on the pc
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by onlinetomola(m): 9:12pm On Aug 11, 2018
Greatzeus:

Bluetooth is not just for files transfer. It works for so many things. Like networking tethering, audio connecting remote and more.

1 Like

Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by onlinetomola(m): 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2018
updatechange:

What brand is your laptop? And are u sure ur laptop has inbuilt bluetooth device?
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by psucc(m): 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2018
First offer the help by tell him on how to fix the issue before advising him on the uselessness of BT.

Op, Which OS is your pc running?
Did the system had an inbuilt BT or are you installing an external dongle?
Did the pc had an earlier one running?
Did you uninstall previous version before trying the new one?
Hope answering the few will help to know where the problem comes from.\
Greatzeus:

Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by Greatzeus(m): 9:27pm On Aug 11, 2018
updatechange:

Ready has those once but the need of the Bluetooth is very important cos of my job... I don't do heavy transfer via it. I'm just looking for way to drive it back on the pc
Ok then.
I want to assume the laptop came with Bluetooth originally pre installed from factory or else you will need an external Bluetooth device.
If it does,it means the driver got missing after the laptop was re-formated. To be sure the laptop came with Bluetooth enabled,go to device manager,there should be an icon(Bluetooth device) with Yellow color,which indicates that the laptop is Bluetooth capable but the driver is missing.
Right click the icon and select update driver>update automatically (must be connected to internet to do this). It will search for the right driver online and install.
If it doesn't work or it's taking too long, type "the maker,the model of your laptop, followed by Bluetooth driver" on Google, select the search that has the official website of your laptop maker, download and install manually.
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 9:36pm On Aug 11, 2018
onlinetomola:

What brand is your laptop? And are u sure ur laptop has inbuilt bluetooth device?

It's HP 15-bs020wm, touch display. I've checked the device manager and there's nothing like Bluetooth in there. That why I'm trying to see if I can get the driver online or in CD..
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
Greatzeus:

Ok then.
I want to assume the laptop came with Bluetooth originally pre installed from factory or else you will need an external Bluetooth device.
If it does,it means the driver got missing after the laptop was re-formated. To be sure the laptop came with Bluetooth enabled,go to device manager,there should be an icon(Bluetooth device) with Yellow color,which indicates that the laptop is Bluetooth capable but the driver is missing.
Right click the icon and select update driver>update automatically (must be connected to internet to do this). It will search for the right driver online and install.
If it doesn't work or it's taking too long, type "the maker,the model of your laptop, followed by Bluetooth driver" on Google, select the search that has the official website of your laptop maker, download and install manually.

Pls check the model of the pc in the comment above... i bought the lappy brand new with Bluetooth running fine but the issue started when I discovered that it consumes too much data so i try downgrade which on turn didn't make the touch working, so i had to upgrade back to Windows 10. Ever since I upgraded it the WiFi and Bluetooth failed to work tho I've sorted the WiFi.. but the Bluetooth is still not working. thanks
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by onlinetomola(m): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2018
updatechange:

It's HP 15-bs020wm, touch display. I've checked the device manager and there's nothing like Bluetooth in there. That why I'm trying to see if I can get the driver online or in CD..

Then it means ur laptop does not hav inbuilt bluetooth device. It's not about installing drivers. If u really want to use bluetooth on it then u must have to buy bluetooth dongle (external BT USB attachment)
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
psucc:
First offer the help by tell him on how to fix the issue before advising him on the uselessness of BT.

Op, Which OS is your pc running?
Did the system had an inbuilt BT or are you installing an external dongle?
Did the pc had an earlier one running?
Did you uninstall previous version before trying the new one?
Hope answering the few will help to know where the problem comes from.\

*Windows 10pro
*I can't find the bluetooth in the DM was running b4 I reload the window
*No
*Ok
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by onlinetomola(m): 9:48pm On Aug 11, 2018
updatechange:

Give me like 2hours...when I get home will check my laptop for bluetooth link download. I have the one I am using on my laptop currently
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 9:50pm On Aug 11, 2018
onlinetomola:

Then it means ur laptop does not hav inbuilt bluetooth device. It's not about installing drivers. If u really want to use bluetooth on it then u must have to buy bluetooth dongle (external BT USB attachment)

I'm a lil surprised how a brand new pc of over 110k will not come with a bluetooth. Is dongle a driver or just an external Bluetooth hardware?
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by Alejoc(m): 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2018
Powerbank for your laptop!
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2018
onlinetomola:

Give me like 2hours...when I get home will check my laptop for bluetooth link download. I have the one I am using on my laptop currently

Appreciate u man... but pls note, theres no Bluetooth in the DM so the only option I think is to get the bluetooth hardware and install then drive it
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by onlinetomola(m): 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2018
updatechange:

I'm a lil surprised how a brand new pc of over 110k will not come with a bluetooth. Is dongle a driver or just an external Bluetooth hardware?

Not all the laptops hav d option of bluetooth really. A friend hav a laptop that worth 340k and no bluetooth option. Bluetooth dongle is a tiny external USB device and it is plug and play
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 9:59pm On Aug 11, 2018
onlinetomola:

Not all the laptops hav d option of bluetooth really. A friend hav a laptop that worth 340k and no bluetooth option. Bluetooth dongle is a tiny external USB device.

I mean, will the bluetooth dongle install on the pc or just to be inserted when needed alone? Ad what's the possible solution for me to get the bluetooth icon back and working on the pc?
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by Greatzeus(m): 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2018
updatechange:

Pls check the model of the pc in the comment above... i bought the lappy brand new with Bluetooth running fine but the issue started when I discovered that it consumes too much data so i try downgrade which on turn didn't make the touch working, so i had to upgrade back to Windows 10. Ever since I upgraded it the WiFi and Bluetooth failed to work tho I've sorted the WiFi.. but the Bluetooth is still not working. thanks
Guy na wao oh cho shocked
So you didn't get all these Epistles I wrote up there grin
Let me repeat myself,simply this time
1. You have a driver problem
2. There are four easy ways to solve your problem
- update it from the device driver
- search for it on Google and install manually.
- insert driver pack CD into your disk drive and it will
search and update all missing or outdated drivers
on your laptop.
- download driver pack.exe software and install. It will search and update all missing or outdated drivers on your laptop.
I'm out.

1 Like

Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 10:03pm On Aug 11, 2018
onlinetomola:

Okay bro.
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by onlinetomola(m): 2:05am On Aug 12, 2018
updatechange:

Okay bro.

http://gscs-b2c.lge.com/downloadFile?fileId=KRSWD000004831-b1-a1.zip

here is the bluetooth driver download link
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 2:36am On Aug 12, 2018
Thanks very much, i tried to download it and install it on my laptop but it downloaded as a zip folder had too extract it and install it.
at the end it didnt work as the bluetooth icon always display a folder that contains My Received file or is it me that didnt know how to go about
the stuff pls, share more light thanks.

onlinetomola:

http://gscs-b2c.lge.com/downloadFile?fileId=KRSWD000004831-b1-a1.zip

here is the bluetooth driver download link
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 2:38am On Aug 12, 2018
@onlinetomola pls i have one more issue... that pc consumes a lot of data like its a magic.
If i sub for 1.5g, it will only take me 2hrs to finish it by just using facebook.
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by onlinetomola(m): 2:42am On Aug 12, 2018
updatechange:
Thanks very much, i tried to download it and install it on my laptop but it downloaded as a zip folder had too extract it and install it.
at the end it didnt work as the bluetooth icon always display a folder that contains My Received file or is it me that didnt know how to go about
the stuff pls, share more light thanks.

type bluetooth on the Program search on you start menu then you will see bluetooth option. Check click the option "Show icon on task bar" from the bluetooth property option

Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by onlinetomola(m): 2:45am On Aug 12, 2018
updatechange:
@onlinetomola pls i have one more issue... that pc consumes a lot of data like its a magic.
If i sub for 1.5g, it will only take me 2hrs to finish it by just using facebook.

Turn off Window Auto Update..... you can see that from Window defender option or window firewall option. You can as well search "turn off winder update" from start menu
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by updatechange(m): 2:30pm On Aug 12, 2018
onlinetomola:

Turn off Window Auto Update..... you can see that from Window defender option or window firewall option. You can as well search "turn off winder update" from start menu

Ok the bluetooth is still not working. I think I will have to take it to C.V cos it still consumes data a lot.
Btw my Toshiba is also running on windows 10 but the windows update pause is already off can't on.
Re: Pls Guys Help!!! by psucc(m): 4:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
Then the issue is from the OS. Try to downgrade to previous version that was running on the system the BT will come back.
updatechange:

*Windows 10pro
*I can't find the bluetooth in the DM was running b4 I reload the window
*No
*Ok

(1) (Reply)

Dell Inspiron 11 3135 (500gb/4gb, AMD A6, Touchscreen) / Mint Macbook Air 2015 And 2017 SOLD SOLD SOLD / Find Your Missing Usb Drive On Windows Xp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.