Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,473 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! - TV/Movies (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (205499 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Gunnergal: 1:17pm On Aug 05, 2010
People would still find reasons to dislike Uti even if he was non-confrontational/"toned" down a bit.Lots of people didn't like Kevin last season even though he was a "good guy".
No matter how Uti behaves, others will still find reasons not to like him because he is a stong character .Uti is being himself & that in itself is a strategy.He entertains and that is all that matters.He won't win for sure but will continue giving us reasons to watch.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by naijagal(f): 1:34pm On Aug 05, 2010
Gunnergal:

People would still find reasons to dislike Uti even if he was non-confrontational/"toned" down a bit.Lots of people didn't like Kevin last season even though he was a "good guy".
No matter how Uti behaves, others will still find reasons not to like him because he is a stong character .Uti is being himself & that in itself is a strategy.He entertains and that is all that matters.He won't win for sure but will continue giving us reasons to watch.
i believe u have summed it up nicely, from now on i will try to enjoy watever happens with uti being in d house till he eventually gets to d barn.
no one can deny dat d guy keeps us watching even if his tongue needs to be tamed atimes, he kept me glued last nite and i thoroughly enjoyed his miming of k1
too bad he blew d secret task but it was a hilarious effort, biggy might give him anoda one
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ponytail: 2:13pm On Aug 05, 2010
I agree with you Naijagal and Gunnergal. But my concern with Uti is that he might be limiting his chances beyond the house. Uti is undoubtedly a good entertainer but if he has a reputation for having a volatile temper, he might have challenges securing endorsement deals or jobs with reasonable producers.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by thando(f): 2:42pm On Aug 05, 2010
foolish uti rains all sorts of insults on housemates and expects them to "take it like a man" but when the tables are turned . . . . . . Real, my left armpit dude is constantly exposing his insecure and immature nature
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Dno1gurl(f): 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2010
^^^
''Foolish uti'' that was uncalled for,  angry abeg abeg abeg Thando just leave him like that nobody is perfect joor!! angry angry
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by wildchild1: 2:58pm On Aug 05, 2010
who da Bleep is dis thando or wat did u kal yaself.u beta b kiaful d way u qualify king uti or else, i reserve my comment for nw.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by montelik(m): 3:13pm On Aug 05, 2010
Mwisho to me is the perfect type of housemate for BBA. He has the strengths of people like Gaetano, Richard e.t.c. That being that he is fun and funny, he has a genuine frankness that is refreshing compared to the usual hardcore game players (e.g Paloma, Mimi e.t.c), he is easily watchable (i.e attractive, good looking and friendly), but what Mwisho's real secret weapon is in my opinion, is his ability to have his weakness avoid the detection of both housemates and viewers (that allows him to stay popular with viewers while simultaneously dodging nomination). For example he has an even uglier temper than the likes of Richard, Gaetano or even Uti, he is also capable of saying some really outrageous and controversial stuff 20x worse than anything you could ever here from Uti or Richard, he can also disappear with no contribution for long periods just like the Code's, Hazel's and Jen's. But the aggressive elements of his personality that so easily brings haters for the likes of Uti, Sheila, Gaetano, Tatiana or Abby are never noticed by his housemates or viewers. Also the periods when Mwisho goes underground like the "bores" tend to go unnoticed by the viewers, thereby still allowing him to seem as entertaining as the more entertaining housemates.

Just look at this years BBA as a case point. Despite no real mega contribution from Mwisho so far, most viewers would rank him higher on the entertainment scale than the likes of Lerato, Tatiana or even Munya (who in my opinion has made more of a contribution that Mwisho). Meanwhile while people like Uti are catching hell for his every semi- controversial utterance and is being targeted by his housemates as a threat, Mwisho doesn't have live under the sort of scrutiny that people like Uti or Tatiana have to put up with. The guy is just blessed.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by mumagee(f): 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2010
@montelik, kindly take ur campaign for Mwhisho to Tanzania website if they havE one, against uti we will vote homeboy. I don't see any thing exciting about the guy. and if I have my way he won't see the 1000k ofe money.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Gunnergal: 3:59pm On Aug 05, 2010
@Montelik, it's not a surprise that evry1 seems to like Mwisho.I think he will self destruct.This is how he started in season 1 till he got too comfortable at the end & Cherise "stole"the $$ from him.Early days yet , too soon to hand him the $$.
Besides, no matter how he escapes nomination the winner will likely emerge from the barn.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 4:07pm On Aug 05, 2010
All Diary Sessions: Day 18

Jen: Told BB that she's feeling good; that the task is going on well, its the last day of the task so they just have to be strong and finish it; she's not nervous about this evening's presentation but about the wager, she hopes they win the wager; they are working on the presentation; she's tired and can't wait for the task to be completed.

Sheila: Is fine; she's tired, not enjoying the task, the punishment for breaking her egg exhausted her; she's sleepy, aching and even thinks her mind is shutting down; she's just hoping they complete the task successful and tomorrow she can rest; she's not nervous about the presentation whatsoever but about riding the bike again; she thinks their presentation will rock & they'll do their best; that everyone is protective of their secret so its difficult to figure them out.

Kaone: Is doing fine; the task is coming up fine, today the energies are all there since its the final day; he's very tired coz he slept for only one hour yesterday night, its coz he was doing the knitting punishment for breaking his egg; he further said,

That he confronted Uti about yesterday night's incident where he (Uti) was mimicking everything that he did, that Uti swore & denied everything; K1 told BB that he needs some psychological attention coz Uti denied everything yet he (K1) saw & heard everything; he has no idea what's going on, maybe its just somebody trying to get to him, that it has never happened to him before but he's clear about what he saw & heard; that its not affecting his performance in the task & he's looking forward to the presentation. (Biggie assured K1 that he doesn't need any psychological help since he's very clear about what he saw & heard to which K1 agreed)

Meryl: Told BB that she's doing great; her knee is still painful but she's hang in there, that it won't affect the task presentation coz she doesn't want to jeopardise the wager so she'll push herself; she hopes the task presentation will go well; Paloma looks sad but she's not telling anybody about it so she's worried about her situation; they can't wait for the presentation and its outcome; that everybody in the house seems healthy and in good condition.

Paloma: Said that she's feeling ill but she'll survive, its affecting her performance in the task but she'll try and perform to the best of her ability; she also said that,

she was frustrated yesterday in the chicken fight coz of the way Mwisho took it personally and hit her very hard; that Mwisho used to task to do some kind of revenge to her, that she didnt know she was a threat to some people until yesterday, she was very frustrated; that she hasn't spoken to him coz it seems to be his strategy; that some housemates seemed to be very happy about what was going on so she didn't tell anybody about it; that she'll be fine and its game on for her.

Mwisho: Said he's good; he's just waiting to finish the task and get the results; they are doing fine physically and emotionally; that it might not be the best time to talk to Paloma about yesterday's incident during the chicken fight coz she's sick so he's still giving her space; he's optimistic about this evening's presentation, that its profitable for them to win the task but its more interesting when the lose the task, the comments people make are funny, so any outcome is good for him.

Code: He's better that yesterday; the task is going fine; its pretty nice, they are working together so there are no nerves about the presentation this evening; he thinks after the task people are gonna sleep soundly coz they are tired; its clear that Paloma is not feeling very well, but only a few people are helpful, others seem to be happy about it.

Yacob: Is having a great time; the task is going on well and hopes they'll put up and interesting show tonight; that some housemates are having tension amongst themselves and its reflecting back to others, but when it comes to the task everybody is doing whatever they can to ensure that they win in it; that Paloma doesn't seem fine but she hasn't told anybody about it; they are looking forward to the presentation; they are getting along generally.

Sammi: Told Biggie that he's doing ok; life is good in the barn; its interesting coz they are nearing the completion of the task; that their new guest (Hannington's mom) has been an important figure since her arrival in the house, she's very friendly and open minded; there learning many new things in the barn and its a very good experience, its more relaxed in the barn than in the main house, Sodom & Gomorrah (laughs out loud); he's feeling closer to Fafa (Juliet) that before, it feels very good, he'll show her all the love that she deserves and there's nothing to snitch about.

Juliet: She's doing fine, its just the weather but she's ok; Hannington's mom came around yesterday and they've been trying to get to know each other, its been helpful to have her around; Sammi is trying to get close to her but she's trying to keep her distance coz she not very comfortable, they been there before; She knows when she leaves Sammi will feel it coz now he's aware that she's just a guest; that he can't wait to go to Accra is October. (Biggie instructed Juliet to pack her bags coz she'll be leaving the house today); on that she said its a messy feeling that she's leaving the house and she'll miss Sammi.

Hannington: He's very very very good, definitely her mom has something to do with the happiness coz her coming was a very big surprise to him; its raised his spirits, he's very happy that his mom's around; its a new experience in the barn and it no longer feels like they are in a barn coz it feels like home; that Sammi is a different person & he's happy he's gotten to know the good side of him which he hadn't while they were in the main house; that Sammi & his guest seem to be very close & are very happy together, Sammi looks shaken and sad that she's leaving but thats inevitable; Hannington thanked Biggie for the surprise
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by hauwabd(f): 5:19pm On Aug 05, 2010
Oh my gosh! Cant help being amused @ how bushman Kaone managed to arrange his package downstairs to one side in his chicken outfit! My eyes always zooms down there grin

I like Lerato this time around and even Uti's mouth runs like he has diarrhea, I still prefer him to all d others. Jen(Nkiru Sylvanus) has a fantastic body and i cant stand 2 faced Munya.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by kaybently: 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2010
montelik:

Mwisho to me is the perfect type of housemate for BBA. He has the strengths of people like Gaetano, Richard e.t.c. That being that he is fun and funny, he has a genuine frankness that is refreshing compared to the usual hardcore game players (e.g Paloma, Mimi e.t.c), he is easily watchable (i.e attractive, good looking and friendly), but what Mwisho's real secret weapon is in my opinion, is his ability to have his weakness avoid the detection of both housemates and viewers (that allows him to stay popular with viewers while simultaneously dodging nomination). For example he has an even uglier temper than the likes of Richard, Gaetano or even Uti, he is also capable of saying some really outrageous and controversial stuff 20x worse than anything you could ever here from Uti or Richard, he can also disappear with no contribution for long periods just like the Code's, Hazel's and Jen's. But the aggressive elements of his personality that so easily brings haters for the likes of Uti, Sheila, Gaetano, Tatiana or Abby are never noticed by his housemates or viewers. Also the periods when Mwisho goes underground like the "bores" tend to go unnoticed by the viewers, thereby still allowing him to seem as entertaining as the more entertaining housemates.

Just look at this years BBA as a case point. Despite no real mega contribution from Mwisho so far, most viewers would rank him higher on the entertainment scale than the likes of Lerato, Tatiana or even Munya (who in my opinion has made more of a contribution that Mwisho). Meanwhile while people like Uti are catching hell for his every semi- controversial utterance and is being targeted by his housemates as a threat, Mwisho doesn't have live under the sort of scrutiny that people like Uti or Tatiana have to put up with. The guy is just blessed.

yeah, tell them again, mwisho is taking it this year,the guy is so real just as he was in bba1,he cares about no one and has no friend simply there for the 100 thousand us dollars, that is why he can go into the diary room nominate uti ,come out and have a normal conversation with uti some people may call it backstabbing but i,ll say its simply playing the game

big up yourself montelik
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by wildchild1: 7:03pm On Aug 05, 2010
if u are talkin abt hw real the housemate are then king uti shld cum to no1.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by GTay(m): 7:26pm On Aug 05, 2010
Tha Ladies (Lerato, Sheila and Meryl) are miming some old T.L.C hits and i'm loving it cheesy
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by beeswax: 7:34pm On Aug 05, 2010
D gals sheila lerato and meryl r doing a great job singing love songs with uti directing em, am really liking lerato this season
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by kaybently: 7:37pm On Aug 05, 2010
sheila meryl lerato girls you rock big time, thanks for the entertainment, i ll call your group the power puff girls
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Tatase(f): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2010
Yakob is still 2-faced, and both he and Kaone are jealous of Uti, it's official.

Proof:

1.) Last night, Yakob said to Lerato for the umpteenth thim that he feels she really likes Uti (in a romantic way) that he sees the way she looks at him and he thinks maybe Uti rejected her and now he's her 2nd choice (like her back up). So Lerato tells him he's being ridiculous but you can see that he doesn't believe her.

2.) Today, Kaone and Yakob were talking (about Uti) and after a lot of smack talk (like Yakob saying he would have beaten Uti up and that Kaone should stand up for himself even if it means a physical fight because BB would not kick him out, at worst he'd get sent to the sin bin. . . whatever <rolls eyes>wink, the following went down:

Kaone: I don't even get why everyone sucks up to him (Uti) so much.
Yakob: The girls, right? I know, it's part of his power/ game.
Kaone: Yeah the girls and everyone. Like there's nothing there. I don't get it.

QED!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ponytail: 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2010
Yakob and Kaone? Talk about strange bedfellows. Anyway both them - 'cunny man die, cunny man bury am'
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Ambber(f): 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2010
The barn idea is bc of naija and SA reps. BB doesnt have sponsors this year besides don suites. Mnet knows Lerato and Uti can not last in the house and once they are out, both countries will relax on voting. DSTV subscribers in all the other countries put together may not equal the combination of both SA & Naija. They must have made a kill from last year's kevolution.

With Lerato & Uti in the barn, they can be assured of the voting frenzy. All the action will soon be at the barn because the boremates are going to be the last standing in the house. Uti can not escape nominations on Monday not after the BB setup on mimicking Kaone except BB comes clean
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by tayoast(m): 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2010
^^ that's one hell of a secret task.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by 14(m): 11:45pm On Aug 05, 2010
I think housemates are starting to observe their weakpoints and strong points. Those who feel like they are overlooked and not visible, they are revolting against the ones peserved Intertainers. Its a change of strategy, they feel very powerless then need support from other weak housemates, so that they eject strong housemates who could win.

This game is gonna pern out the way i thought it would, it was just a matter of time. Those who feel like they are not doing much, they will gang against those who look like very strong contenders. Head Of House(HOH) every week will determine which group will be eaten alive.

This is whats gonna happen, these guys, the producers are very good. They knew that there will be two camps, hence The barn. The strong or the weak group will all be evicted and go to the barn. If all the intertainers go to the barn, we will all be watching whats happening in the barn rather than boring people in the big house. It will look like 2 different BBA. Then we will be glued to the interesting people and watch less the boring people.

Those housemates in the barn and the big House, will nominate each other. Very clever, whoever goes next will be going to the barn, at the end, it will be 7 in the Barn and 7 in the House. Then every week 2 people will leave, one from the barn and one from the House. we will be left with housemate representing the barn and one representing the big house, then they will contest for the $200K
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 06, 2010
OK now I'm sure i have munya pox, we've all heard of the straw that broke the camel's back, well i think munya is the straw that finally killed the poor camel, eish!!!!! I think I'd be needing MUnyacide soon, angry
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by emmadinoyi: 12:24am On Aug 06, 2010
I did not get towatch diaries today, pls can anyone tell me if Uti was rewarded as promised or did biggie allow him to go thru all that without any reward. Pls somene should fill me in on Uti's diary session today thanks.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 06, 2010
I'm just watching with keen interest.
Something tells me Uti will be amongst the last standing.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 10:07am On Aug 06, 2010
The HoH task started since 9am and it is still on,  They have to gulp down about 3litres of mineral water, whoever drinks the most wins.

Some are already vomitting after gulping that much,  grin grin grin grin You needed to see Yacob drinking water as if to say his life depended on it, i no blame the guy, himself want to win HoH at all cost. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 10:38am On Aug 06, 2010
It seems to me Tatiana will take the whole day drinking the water. She has spent over 30 minutes drinking which has even made most housemates fall asleep. You can see the frustration of that on Mwisho's face. Gosh, is she so scared of life in the BB house without being the HOH. Make she go rest abeg.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 10:44am On Aug 06, 2010
Yacob and Lerato becoming an item!!!

Please what name are they going to be called?

Couples Retreat!

The girls shared some quality time confiding in their 'partners' away from the rest of their Housemates.

While at it, Meryl revealed to a seemingly stunned Mwisho how she wanted to smuggle a whiskey-flavored liqueur into the labour ward.

In a hot water bottle

Meryl told Mwisho that she asked her friend to pour the liqueur into a hot-water bottle because she needed something to deal with the birth pain but her friend was too scared to oblige.

The two were having a bonding session, which has been the norm between them lately, usually punctuated with some bed wrestling and kissing.
She also disclosed to Mwisho and the rest of the Housemates that she had slept with 30 guys and only dated 5.

Meanwhile, Lerato and Yacob have also been an item recently and the two were also exchanging some lovey-dovey feeling with Yacob offering to lick stuff off Lerato’s lips and telling her how he liked how she looked in tights.

Just Us

This couple also shared some quality time away from the rest of the Housemates concentrating just on each other.

Meryl and Paloma recently revealed to Big Brother that there were two distinct camps in the House.
Apparently, some Housemates belonged to the Midnight crew and the others were the Gossipers but none of them were willing to come out clear as to which camps they belonged to.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 10:47am On Aug 06, 2010
Tatiana has been gulping for quite some time now, this babe no want to give up sha Is she looking forward to being the HoH for the 3rd consecutive time?? If that happens it is really going to be boringgggggg sad sad sad sad sad the other housemates are already murmuring, Uti was like ''there should be a time frame for this thing'' grin grin grin grin grin even me wey dey watch sef, i don tire, e be like say make i put my hand for my tv and give her a good punch. grin grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 11:04am On Aug 06, 2010
And the winner for the HoH task is ,  oooohhhhh nooooo this Tatiana is still gulping na wa oooooooo na do or die sha grin grin grin this will even make us viewers to turn our radar more onto her for wanting to hide under the HoH thing, because that is not how to test one's strength, like someone posted earlier on, it could just be somebody from the barn that would eventually win the 200k.

This Tatiana's drinking is really getting on my nerve?

shalom1234:

Yacob and Lerato becoming an item!!!

Please what name are they going to be called?

LERACOB!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin or YACTO

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by ScreenDiva: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2010
Alas!!!!!! madam Tatiana is through hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wait ooooooo, and she is vomitting, grin grin grin grin grin she never start, Result pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee grin grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by stankayy(m): 11:08am On Aug 06, 2010
Tatiana is making this annoying and tiring. She doesnt even give a hoot that other housemates are getting agitated over what she's doing. Na by force to be HOH? And moreover, this was a silly and unfair way for the HOH to emerge. Big brother sometimes deliberately make this show boring and annoying.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by bxg(m): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2010
head of house has been canceled

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (179) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread / Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.