Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,785 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! - TV/Movies (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (205742 Views)

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Amplified (The Official Thread of BBA 6) / Big Brother Africa 4 (The Official Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by hillsate: 6:03pm On Nov 20, 2010
roymary:

Oh cmon, simply add your email address to your profile and SAGirl will easily copy and send you her first private message or vice versa.

oh common roymary, if i post my email to my profile, anybody can send a mail and claim to be my dear SAGirl. what do u think?

@SEUN and MODERATORS. I'm expecting your response please.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by roymary: 10:44pm On Nov 20, 2010
hillsate:

oh common roymary, if i post my email to my profile, anybody can send a mail and claim to be my dear SAGirl. what do u think?

hillsate:

You are right too. But as it is, you have to make use of what you have and hope the right gal gets back to you.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by netotse(m): 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2010
abeg make una let this thread die now. . .the show don finish, i'm tired of seeing it on my updated topics list
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Kunbee: 11:57pm On Nov 20, 2010
Awwwww weepy guy

Get over it undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by SAGirl: 9:00am On Nov 22, 2010
Hi Hillsate, Roymary, and all who still visit the forum.

netotse:

abeg make una let this thread die now. . .the show don finish, i'm tired of seeing it on my updated topics list

surely you can just unsubscribe from the forum or something

roymary:

You are right too. But as it is, you have to make use of what you have and hope the right gal gets back to you.

Don't worry guys, we'll figure this out in no time.

Have a good day all!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by SAGirl: 12:43pm On Nov 23, 2010
Hillsate, I said my exams went well!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by hillsate: 3:25pm On Nov 23, 2010
SAGirl:

Hillsate, I said my exams went well!

of course my dear! now ain't that some good news.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by SAGirl: 8:49am On Nov 24, 2010
hillsate:

of course my dear! now ain't that some good news.

grin
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by hillsate: 9:23pm On Nov 24, 2010
SAGirl:

grin

wink
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by netotse(m): 12:01am On Nov 25, 2010
na beg i dey beg una, take this indian love offline now. . .there's no way i can get this thread of my 'updated topics' list.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by hillsate: 4:37pm On Nov 25, 2010
netotse:

na beg i dey beg una, take this indian love offline now. . .there's no way i can get this thread of my 'updated topics' list.

common Netotse, its as easy as hitting the delete botton. But for what its worth, leaving this thread this long afforded some people the opportunity to interact and know each other. Please dont be angry cos good things are happening.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2010
Just passing by and I saw this

Sheila gets special invite to Naija

November 15, 2010 – Former Big Brother finalist Sheila Kwamboka heads to Nigeria this weekend to attend the Sound City Music Video Awards in Lagos.

She will attend the event with her PR Manager after receiving a special invite from a group of people that call her Lolo (queen in Naijo).

“The entire trip is sponsored by Nigerian fans. They came together and sent me an invite saying they wanted to meet with me,” she told Capital Lifestyle, smiling.

The event will be hosted by Big Brother 5 winner Uti of Nigeria, who will also get to spend some time with Sheila.

“I leave on Friday and come back on Monday. I am touched by the love I’m getting from fans over there. Uti will come to the airport to pick me up,” she says.

The VIP event will take centre stage on Saturday November 20.

Sheila has also revealed that she will start a tour of Zambia and Zimbabwe merely a day after her return.

“Munya invited seven of us (BBA5 contestants) on a tour of Zimbabwe. We get there on the 24th and stay on for about a week. We are meant to meet with President Mugabe during the tour and you best be sure that is a twit pic I will send!”

Sheila did not reveal every one of the seven contestants who’ve been invited, but said that Lerato was definitely part of the pack.

“After Zim we will head to Zambia for a similar tour sponsored by Paloma’s dad.”

Aside from touring, the crew will use the time in Zim and Zambia to launch a project called Sisterhood, which seeks to empower women from across the continent.

“I can’t give you too many details on this but we will be meeting with the Zambian First Lady on the same,” Sheila adds.

The former Miss Tourism crown bearer regrets that she will miss Uti’s dad’s funeral which will be held the volatile Niger Delta on November 24.

“We spoke about it. The area is not very safe at the moment and so instead of attending the funeral I will go on tour. But when I go down this week we will get to meet and talk about that and several other things.”

By: LAURA WALUBENGO
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 9:41pm On Nov 25, 2010
I May Propose To Sheila— Big Brother Uti Reveals

Since he emerged the winner in the last edition of the Big Brother Africa, BBA All Stars edition, which is the biggest reality TV show in Africa, Nigerian-born Uti Nwachukwu has, at different times, played down on his supposed relationship with another housemate in the BBA house, Kenyan-born Sheila Kwamboka.

Although he admitted that he couldn’t show his emotions on the screen, he said he liked Sheila, a broadcaster, who was adjudged one of the prettiest girls in the house.

However, while he was on a radio programme on Saturday, November 13, Nwachukwu, a singer, model and entertainer, shocked his fans when he said he might propose to Sheila when he sees her. According to him, Sheila and Hannington would be flying into the country for his father’s burial later this month.

He admitted to being in touch with Sheila, saying, “I just finished talking to her before I entered the studio now.”

It will be recalled that Uti said he had no relationship before he went into the House because his ex-girlfriend broke up with him because she was feeling too unsure, despite his reassuring words.

The news will, however, interest most of his fans that have been waiting to hear some news about his love life.

But since his public declaration, many have been wondering if his family will accept Sheila who, despite her good nature and friendly attitude, is a self-confessed bi-sexual.

So, how will Uti’s family members accept the beautiful broadcaster? This and many other questions will definitely find answers when Sheila arrives the country and if Uti, like Kevin, also a past winner, will take the bold step to propose to Sheila.

Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2010
Tanzanians host dinner for BBA Star Kaone

Big Brother Africa all Stars star Kaone Ramontshonyane, was on Sunday given a star reception by a different group of friends, a Tanzanian family at Phase 2 in Gaborone, who say they have been following the lad's activities in the house and had wanted to do something special for the man who is now training to be a presenter with RB2.

Longino Lombanga and friend, Matthew, threw a party for Kaone and friends that lasted for several hours from 8pm till late at night as drinks and food were dished in abundance for their hosts. Kaone says he developed a friendship with the pair after he bumped into them at a flee market shortly after his exploits at the Big Brother Africa show, and both men told him how they enjoyed watching him during the show.

Kaone says in their first meeting the pair gave him gifts, which he cherished.

On Sunday the Tanzanians decided to throw the Big Brother Star a party, where a number of his friends also attended.

Kaone also told Showbiz that he also had lunch earlier that day with Miss World First Princess, Emma Wareus, who is briefly here before beginning her hectic year round schedule based in London.

Meanwhile, the Big Brother star says he has been invited for appearances in Zimbabwe, Malawi and Zambia, but has decided not to do the routine Big Brother invitations until he has been assured of payment. "Traditionally these country tours are just for fun, to help the hosting Big Brother star make bucks, while the rest of us return to our bases without any; I would not have anything to do with that, unless there is something in it for me as well; I would rather opt to stay behind, do something worthwhile for myself here, than do the tours that are not so beneficial to me," Kaone told Showbiz.

However, the Kanye-born lad says he is busy working on a business concept with Kanye is young people, which would see the launch of a clothing label, Rural Swagger, a term popularised by Kaone during his Big Brother days, as he was known as the man with the rural swagger. He says he hopes to collaborate with a number of artists in the business model, but did not state the time frame.

By: MONKAGEDI GAOTLHOBOGWE
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2010
Uti, Tatiana not coming for Munya’s movie premiere

Big Brother Africa All-stars housemates Uti Nwachukwu, Tatiana Durao and Kaone Ramontshonyana will not be coming for Munya’s movie premiere with the other housemates expected to arrive into the country on Wednesday.

According to Extra Media, organising the event, 10 housemates Yacob Yehdego, Mwisho Mwampamba, Sammi, Code Sangala, Hannington Kuteesa, Lerato Sengadi, Meryl Shikwambane, Sheila Kwamboka, Jen Mussanhane and Paloma Manda have confirmed their trip to Zimbabwe for a week to support Munya’s movie, Lobola which has received generous publicity worldwide.

The All-stars winner, Uti Nwachukwu said he was not able to make it owing to a busy schedule but would make an effort to come later.

Tatiana, Munya’s buddy, said she could not make it as well because she had to fly to America to launch her singing career.

Unfortunately, Kaone, who Munya is spending time with in Botswana, will not be coming because he has a project he is working on. Meanwhile, Munya is expected to return home on Wednesday.

The housemates will witness the premiere of Zimbabwe’s first comedy feature film, Lobola at the 7 Arts Theatre in Avondale on Thursday.

Tickets for the premiere are already selling like hot cakes at the Easy Ticket booth at the Five Avenue shops in Harare.

The film is a Decent Arthouse, Fireside Stories, Mighty Movies and Ivory Pictures production which features Munya and Dalma Chiwereva as the lead actors.

After being premiered in Harare this week, the film will be launched in Bulawayo and Mutare two weeks later.

The movie, which focuses on cultural clashes between the old and the young, features a highly talented cast, consisting of well- known and novice Zimbabwean actors including Pretty Xaba, Charity Dhlodhlo, Joe Pike, Edmore Sandifolo, Anthony Tongani, Tonderai Hakuna, Sean Ray and Alice Makaya.

On Thursday, the 11 housemates will attend a private Cocktail party with members from the corporate world.

On Friday, they will attend a party at Q’Bana hosted by Impeccable Events which has been dubbed “Bohlingers Allstars Tight Crew Party”.

On Saturday, they will be Bulawayo-bound for another party.

On Sunday they will head for Victoria Falls and then Kariba will mark the end of their tour on Tuesday.

In an interview, Extra Media representative, Nigel Mavunga, said the main purpose of bringing the housemates was to show them the best of Zimbabwe.

“We are going to take them on a tour of the country’s major touristic areas in Harare, Bulawayo, Victoria Falls, Masvingo and either Nyanga or Kariba,” said Nigel.

He added that the housemates’ entire tour will be filmed and sent to various television channels including African Getaways which is a forthcoming television programme that will showcase tourism in the Sadc region.

This will be the first time that Big Brother Africa housemates are brought to Zimbabwe in their numbers.

By: MELISSA MPOFU
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by shalom1234: 9:58pm On Nov 25, 2010
Uti Nwachukwu hosts the 2010 Soundcity Music Video Awards

The 2010 Soundcity Music Video Awards took place on Sunday, November 21st at Eko Hotel, Lagos. Hosted by this year’s Big Brother Africa winner, Uti Nwachukwu, the event included performances by Asa, Banky W, Sasha, the Mo’ Hits Crew among others as well as a pool side fashion show. There were many funny moments at this year’s event. For instance, when Goldie won her award for Best Female Video, Eldee the Don quickly came on stage, grabbed the mic and imitated Kanye West by saying “I’mma let you finish but…” and the crowd burst into laughter.

Also, Uti who came on stage like a space man donned in a shiny silver suit covering his entire body frame had himself stripped by three models thus promptly unveiling his stylish black suit and hair cut. As Uti went on to announce the start of the show, a voice impersonating Big Brother informed him that his last task was to host the 3rd edition of the SMVAs. Uti immediately accepted his task. When asked by Big Brother if he thought he could win all the money, Uti quickly responded: “I’ve won it already now, what are you talking about?” to hearty laughter and applause from the crowd!

2 face Idibia and Banky W emerged as the events big winners with 2 face winning in the Best Pop Video category for Implication and in the Best Western category and with Banky W winning in the Best Male Video and Best Video (voting) categories for Strong Ting. Find the full list of winners below. Also scroll down for pictures!

Best Pop Video
2Face Idibia – Implication – Nigeria

Best Female Video
Goldie – You Know It – Nigeria

Best Editing

P-Square – Danger – Nigeria

Best R & B Video
Mike Anyasodo – Fine Fine Lady – Nigeria

Best Collaboration In A Music Video
Sarkodie Feat. Sway & Jayso – Lay away – Ghana

Best Special Effects
Djinee – Overkillin’ – Nigeria

Best Choreography
Dama Do Bling – Moza Girl – Mozambique

Best Hip Hop Video
Jozi – Wild Life – South Africa

Best Male Video
Banky W – Strong Ting – Nigeria

Best Duo Or Group Video
Deep Level – We Run The City – South Africa

Best Cinematography

Teargas – Mhlobo Wami – South Africa

Discovery Of The Year

JR – Show Dem – South Africa

Best Video (Voting)
Banky W – Strong Ting – Nigeria

Viewers Choice (Voting)
Buffalo Souljah – Ezandlha Phezulu – Zimbabwe

Hit Producer Of The Year (As Used In A Music Video)
Sossick/Da Grin – Pon Pon Pon – Nigeria

Best Western
2Face Idibia – Nigeria

Best Southern
ProVerb – South Africa

Best Eastern
Wyre – Kenya

Best Central
Fally Ipupa – DR Congo

Soundcity Fresh Video
Tania Tome – Nhi Ngugu Haladza – Mozambique
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by JamesCarl: 8:09am On Dec 01, 2010
big brother i son e of my favorite tv show .
the current season is not that good as the previous ones are .
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Emmyk(m): 10:27am On Dec 01, 2010
Game over Guysssssssss undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by lysaa(f): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2010
Hey not so fast. .

wish i'd seen the SMVA. sad
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:37am On Dec 21, 2010
grin grin grin

lysaa:

Hey not so fast. .

wish i'd seen the SMVA. sad
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^ Ah! Ogaga the famous satanist, so you're interested in BBA. Wow! That's interesting.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by Favben(m): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2011
Don't yall think the shower hour is gonna be fun? Lol. Hell no, broadcast of nude images is not african culture.
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by sirblondy(m): 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2011
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by spade: 9:18pm On Nov 04, 2013
Upping... cool
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by gustav25: 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2019
Best BBA !!!! Recall the song perfectly... Life of a superstar, they sure know who we are ....Big brother Africa oooo ,biggi brother Africa!!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! by meobizy(f): 3:06pm On Feb 26, 2023
Funny. If I knew of this forum I back then, I may have followed it instead of the third party BBA forum from back in the day. That one had better personalities, though.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (Reply)

Some Nigeria Movie Stars Profile / MTN Project Fame Season 9 Official Thread / Power TV Series Fan Thread: STARZ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.