Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,128 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha (1771 Views)

Ndume: I Criticised Jonathan But We Don’t Value What We Have Until We Lose It / Kano Mass Deaths: Buhari Reacts, Says He Won’t Let Kano People Down / Why Nigerian Leaders Don’t Value Education – Fela Durotoye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Trendvoice: 4:26pm On Aug 12, 2018
@NAIRATREND.COM.NG

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has claimed that Igbo are only interested in pulling down people and do not know how to honour their own.

Okorocha said whenever he comes out to contest for president, he gets support from the South West, South South and even the North; but rejected by his own South East region.

The governor spoke while answering question on Igbo presidency when he met with media chieftains in Owerri, the Imo State capital at the weekend.

Okorocha said that any Igbo indigene aspiring to achieve the feat of being the president of Nigeria cannot rely on Igbos.

The governor said “The Igbo do not know how to honour their own. They rather like to run down any of their rising leaders. The pull-him-down syndrome is high in Igbo land. And it is very unfortunate.

“Anytime I come out to run for the presidency of this country, I will not suffer pull-him-down from the North or from the South West or South South, it is only in Igbo land that I will suffer it.

“And they engage in this pull-him-down practice without knowing the overall implications on the Igbos.

“So, it will be out of place for an Igbo aspirant at any given period to think that the Igbo will make him president because Igbos do not value their own. They don’t value what they have.

“But value outsiders. It is in their character. It is in their nature.

“Read the newspapers and go to the social media, all the insults and attacks you get are all from the Igbo. They go to any length to run you down without caring about your good intentions and all the efforts being made to see that things work out fine for the people of the area.

“It is a problem. It didn’t start today. Go down the memory lane, you would discover that the pull-him-down syndrome in Igboland didn’t start today.”

GIST VIA - https://nairatrend.com.ng/igbos-only-good-at-pulling-people-down-they-dont-value-their-own-okorocha/

1 Like

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Sunofgod(m): 4:28pm On Aug 12, 2018
ok
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by kingxsamz(m): 4:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
All these stupid comments he's making will come back to hunt him. I'm just here watching in HD.

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Olanireti(m): 4:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
Just as he's pulling people apart too.
Power greedy man, ready to sample on people to get the power

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Trendvoice: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin shocked
kingxsamz:
All these stupid comments he's making will come back to hunt him.
I'm just here watching in HD.
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Trendvoice: 4:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin shocked
kingxsamz:
grin
grin
kingxsamz:
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Baawaa(m): 4:43pm On Aug 12, 2018
I
Before
Other

1 Like

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Trendvoice: 4:46pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
Baawaa:
I
Before
Other

1 Like

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Bigmugu: 4:57pm On Aug 12, 2018
angry
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by richeeyo(m): 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
Idiot why wouldn't they pull you dowm after using their money to build statue, now your daughter inlaw for governorship, igbos abeg make una pull am well well

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Bigmugu: 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
richeeyo:
Idiot why wouldn't they pull you dowm after using their money to build statue, now your daughter inlaw for governorship, igbos abeg make una pull am well well
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Mariangeles(f): 5:11pm On Aug 12, 2018
Selfish, power hungry man!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Bigmugu: 5:18pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin lolz
Mariangeles:
Selfish, power hungry man!
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Racoon(m): 5:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
One thing with the Igbos-they dont follow any leader(s) for the sheer sake of followership but follow individual conscience appeal.
Meanwhile Okorocha is an ambitious, egocentric and "paranoidly" deluded man.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by chichar1(f): 5:27pm On Aug 12, 2018
okorocha is a nobody in Igboland!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Calers: 5:29pm On Aug 12, 2018
I prefer ogbonnaya onu than okorocha in 2023 after baba buhari
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by shugabasbn: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2018
[b]This guy should learn how to talk, the word is like a raw egg, when is fall it is very difficult to pack
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Trendvoice: 5:37pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Newsloft: 6:09pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Bella55555(f): 7:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
Hmmmmmmmm just look at how an omo igbo is talking about his own people out caste or the igbos will put it OSU just for the notice i am not an afonja just saying

1 Like

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Newsloft: 8:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Newsloft: 8:20pm On Aug 12, 2018

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Pigsandidiots: 8:35pm On Aug 12, 2018
See, they will blame afonjas for this o

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Newsloft: 8:39pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin grin lolz
Pigsandidiots:
See, they will blame afonjas for this o

1 Like

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Fatherofdragons: 8:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bella55555:
Hmmmmmmmm just look at how an omo igbo is talking about his own people out caste or the igbos will put it OSU

Who is this burnt faced oduduwa demon?
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Newsloft: 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2018
grin
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Bella55555(f): 9:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

Who is this burnt faced oduduwa demon?
sorry don't know me I AM A PROUD NIGER DELTAN
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by phase1: 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2018
Okoroawusa I'm so happy you are ready our comments on social media. We no longer need to pay brown envelop journalists on print media before we speak to corrupt power mongers like you.
If you are honorable, you should have resigned from Douglas house since we now both agree you no longer have the support of Igbos who bled on the streets of Owerri, Orlu, okigwe to vote you in 2011. It means you and your APC thieves are banking on rigging to install your son-in-law in 2019 since everyone including you know you have lost local support.

Okorawusa should ask himself why he was loved by Igbos and beyond in 2011 but hated today. Okoroawusa should ask himself why he was begged by Abia people to come be their governor when he attended Igbo governors meeting in Abia in 2012. Okoroawusa should ask himself why he was loved by Anambrarians and Onitsha and Awka stood still for him when he attended Apga rally in Anambra in 2012 but will be spat at today by same people if he walk on the streets of Igboland alone including his own village.

He has lost his goodwill by thinking he can maintain power by being anti-Igbo just many before him.
Unlike unrepublican almajiris and yorumuslim zombies Igbos don't move with politicians from party to party, they are not cows. That's the difference in political ethnic principles. It is the Igbos who tell their leaders which party to belong, the power remains with the people in Igboland not the other way round. Just like what happened to Akpabio in Akwa Ibom our cousin state, no matter how popular you are, if you take the people's support to another party that have always insulted them, you'll start losing relevance faster than a yoruba man throws amala into his mouth, ask Orji kalu.

It's a lesson every Igbo politician must learn, Igbos don't have a 'cow-herd' mentality like abookis and yorubas. Igbos are republican and different, always factor this when making political decisions. Yes we will pull down any politician that liases with buffoons like Buhari and his gangs who keeps insulting the East and killing Easterners.

After 2019 Okoroaboki will be totally irrelevant in Imo politics. That's settled.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by phase1: 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
Racoon:
One thing with the Igbos-they dont follow any leader(s) for the sheer sake of followership but follow individual conscience appeal.
Meanwhile Okorocha is an ambitious, egocentric and "paranoidly" deluded man.

Okoroawusa should stop being pretentious and decamp from the Igbo ethnic group to the hausa ethnic group where he truly belongs. He is a politician he should be able to decamp from anything to anything. cheesy

I can't imagine this is the fool I loved so much and campaigned for in 2010-2011. Every newspaper, political pundits, commentator in Igboland loved this guy in 2011 but today he such a bumbling shame.

He is unfortunate that Igbos are not the herd mentality type like hausas and yorubas that are herded by incompetent politicians from one party to another without any tangible ideology. If he has stuck to ruling his only awusa people in Kano, he wouldn't be in this dilenma. cheesy
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Fatherofdragons: 9:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
Bella55555:
sorry don't know me I AM A PROUD NIGER DELTAN

lol u really sound stupid when u say that, what is ur actual tribe in the so called Niger delta, afonja?
Re: Igbos Only Good At Pulling People Down, They Don’t Value Their Own – Okorocha by Bella55555(f): 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2018
Fatherofdragons:

lol u really sound stupid when u say that, what is ur actual tribe in the so called Niger delta, afonja?
I don't blame you but I am from Delta state

(1) (2) (Reply)

BIAFRA: Nnamdi KANU To Make First Post Invasion Broadcast Today By 9:00pm / Abia State Governor For 2019-2023 Declared By INEC / BREAKING: Okorocha, Imo Lawmakers Sacks All Imo LGA Chairmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.