Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,719 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors (63219 Views)

Disquiet In EFCC Over Elevation Of Junior Officers Above Superiors / Maiduguri Airport Mutiny: Army Captain, 70 Others Detained For Trial / Calm Returns To Maiduguri Airport After Protest By Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by cool318(m): 6:01am On Aug 13, 2018
hope4nigeria:
I expected them to kill as many superior as they can, kill even the president if possible, then I will take them serious. What they don't understand is ,the elongation of the crisis bring more money to the superior officers and the politicians at the detriment of their life, they have a choice, kill them or be killed

You just spoke my mind, we ought to be counting the number of dead Senior officers in the NA by now. If you know the Rot perpetrated by those people, you will weep for this country

1 Like

Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by NickD(m): 6:01am On Aug 13, 2018
Hedonini:
Bunch of useless cowards.
Why not join the military or better yet go to maiduguiri yourself. They are addressing their issues and you're calling them cowards. When they've spent 4years already in maiduguiri.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by TinyHacker: 6:09am On Aug 13, 2018
captainamiedi1:
corruption in the military is highest. but wait ooo buhari said boko haram are technically defeated. y are the still afraid??

but what did i know??
*what do i know?
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by lonelydora: 6:12am On Aug 13, 2018
omoelerin1:
You coup will not successful and you will definitely pay the ultimate price. That's just it.

Forget about IBB or Abacha, gone are those days, not now again.

Better to try
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by buchilino(m): 6:43am On Aug 13, 2018
MartinCorridon:
Unfortunately for them, Army frowns seriously on mutiny.

Long jail terms loading for them regardless of how genuine their grievances are

4 SUPPORTING EVIL, MAY U EXPERIENCE D HUMILIATION DIS OFFICERS R CURRENTLY FACING.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by buchilino(m): 6:46am On Aug 13, 2018
NickD:

Why not join the military or better yet go to maiduguiri yourself. They are addressing their issues and you're calling them cowards. When they've spent 4years already in maiduguiri.

MY BROTHER, U C Y NIGERIA WILL EXPLODE VERY SOON. IMAGINE HOW HEARTLESS SOME NIGERIANS R.

1 Like

Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by theoldpretender(m): 6:46am On Aug 13, 2018
I know a lot of people are going to call me names, call me zone B , call me BMC....but what these soldiers are doing is worng.

On Jan 15 1966, a group of soldiers mutinied. Four years later, millions of innocent people were dead as a result of the mutiny.Millions dead.

I have read the comments, and seen people project their hate for the current government, their hate for a part of this country, their hate for a religion on this mutiny. And I think I know why....there has been a lot of injustice in this country, and people have suffered...and in their anger...they say things that should not be said.

But whatever happens, do not support this mutiny. The problem is, If every body refused to do their job because they don't feel like it or because they feel overworked and over stressed...this country would collapse into anarchy within weeks.

I recall back in 2001...when certain ranks in the Police went on strike. Yes they had legit greiviances. But for one day, this country was at risk of falling into lawlessness of the type that would scare someone.

These soldiers who are mutining...they are not worthy to be called soldiers. They are a bunch of greedy mercenaries. Because, if every soldier gave up the fight against Boko....where would we be? Anarchy...millions of refugees spilling all over across the country, spreading crisis where they go. Millions lost in crisis that they cannot face.

And to all those my fellow Southerners who think that they can retreat behind their fortresses, who think that they would be safe being seprate...let me tell you that in 1994, the Rwanda genocide happened...scores of people were displaced into the Democratic republic of the Congo...and that sparked off crisis that led to a war being fought in that country by 1998. Yes....a war that happened because in 1994...some Hutu jokes decided to play Himmler and Mengele with the lives of thousands of their countrymen...sparked off crisis in Kinshasa hundreds of miles away.

I agree we have not treated our soldiers right. I agree we have not been grateful enough to them. But this mutiny is also not fair to us as Nigerians. And if we Nigerians excuse this incdient because we are tired of being run by Northerners or something....well, there would be more incidents....and more...until we are facing Civil War, round 2...and this time, it would be ten times worse than round 1.

So, i dont back this mutiny, neither would I have backed it if PDP or GEJ or whoever were in power. The stakes are far bigger than any politician, or leader or APC (and I ain't no APC supporter...they are just as bad as the PDP...and I never voted for them in 2015)..but one thing we have to learn in this country is self sacrifice.

Because, if your doctor, lawyer, teacher, nurse, mechanic, etc, walked off the job and did not come back, because of 'poor quality of service' (mind, it is every one's right to strike...I do not deny the right to strike)...or ingratitude...at the end of the day.....we would be back in the stone age.

And thank God for those soldiers who served with distinction in Borno....thanks to their activities, there are no more bomb blasts and many people in Borno sleep peacefully , even long before this admin took over.

If we cannot sacrifice self in this country...then we better be prepared to accept being run by anarchy.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by MartinCorridon: 6:47am On Aug 13, 2018
buchilino:

Buchilino to his useless homosexual father:

4 SUPPORTING EVIL, MAY U EXPERIENCE D HUMILIATION DIS OFFICERS R CURRENTLY FACING.

You have a hereditary mental problem and its because illiteracy is a gift handed down generation after generation.

Do you understand what MUTINY means? Check online.

How did I support injustice ? I don't need to curse you because even an ant has a bigger brain. Your life is already unfortunate and wasted
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by lozanni(m): 6:47am On Aug 13, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Hmmm, this is bad. How can a soldier be deployed beyond 4years

That is the poignant question to ask.

The Soldiers have all been complaining of very long period of service without rotational excersises being done to give relief to soldiers who have been on the battle ground for so long.
When fatigue and frustration sets in for the Soldiers, I guess this mutiny is what we get.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by theoldpretender(m): 6:49am On Aug 13, 2018
hope4nigeria:
I expected them to kill as many superior as they can, kill even the president if possible, then I will take them serious. What they don't understand is ,the elongation of the crisis bring more money to the superior officers and the politicians at the detriment of their life, they have a choice, kill them or be killed

Are you out of your mind?

Do you know what happened back in January and July 1966? Some soldiers did what you suggested, and we ended up with a civil war that led to millions dying. People who before Jan 1966 were living their lives peacefully!

Don't support anarchy. I am not asking you to support bad government, I am asking you not to support things that might lead to even more horror!
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by searchlight: 6:49am On Aug 13, 2018
Nbote:
Hehehe... Since BH has been defeated, what are they afraid of going to face in their new posting?? Mutiny don set.. I'm sure d APC will find a way to blame it on Saraki
Before nko Saraki connived with Brutai to ridicule APC and buhari lolsssss. APC and their zombies are so predictable
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by oweman: 6:50am On Aug 13, 2018
Am fairly confident this is mutiny influence by external influence likely by politicians .
The army high command need to take a closer look at the points raised .
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by searchlight: 6:52am On Aug 13, 2018
buhariguy:
so it was this government that created your fellow terrorist boko haram.?
no it was saraki and Ekweremadu
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by searchlight: 6:54am On Aug 13, 2018
happney65:
Blame GEJ for this as usual.. grin grin
no GEJ don cast. the latest now na saraki and Ekweremadu
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by buchilino(m): 6:57am On Aug 13, 2018
MartinCorridon:

You have a hereditary mental problem and its because illiteracy is a gift handed down generation after generation.

Do you understand what MUTINY means? Check online.

How did I support injustice ? I don't need to curse you because even an ant has a bigger brain. Your life is already unfortunate and wasted

SAY WATEVA U LIKE, CALL ME WATEVA U LIKE. BECAUSE U SUPPORT OFFICERS 2 BE MISTREATED, U WILL FEEL D SAME EXPERIENCE IN LIFE
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by israelmao(m): 6:59am On Aug 13, 2018
Every arm or organ of government has spiralled out of control in Buhari's time in spite of the so called body language.The refusal of these soldiers to be redeployed shows clearly that Boko Haram onslaught is still as potent as before and also the high degree of casuality being witnessed among our combatant and young soldiers daily.Boko Haram was created to wrestle and usurp power now that they have succeeded let them reap its fruit but the most painful scenario is that it is at the expense of poor and innocent soldiers.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by orisa37: 7:04am On Aug 13, 2018
Where is Burutai for Justice? If truly they have done four years in a given war zone, they should go back to their family in this seemingly protracted Bokoharam and Miyetti Allah wanton insurgence.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by edo3(m): 7:11am On Aug 13, 2018
In as much as i don't condone indiscipline,,these soldiers should be angry..You see the so-called godsons following the Generals behind in d name of ADC and hiding them in offices in abuja while their sons of nobody counterparts posted to Maiduguri..
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by mvem(m): 7:18am On Aug 13, 2018
dotedote:
Well, that's a coup.
They face the consequences.
..do u know the meaning of a coup d'etat
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by Jaqenhghar: 7:18am On Aug 13, 2018
ednut1:
Wonder y those soldiers never plan coup since. Ur oga like buratai buys houses in dubai with money for weapons and sends u to go die inside bush u self dey go
Na glorified houseboys dem be. You have to have a house boy /house negro mentality to be a niggerian soldier
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by Pitokwe(m): 7:18am On Aug 13, 2018
Nbote:
Hehehe... Since BH has been defeated, what are they afraid of going to face in their new posting?? Mutiny don set.. I'm sure d APC will find a way to blame it on Saraki

I can't ablame these soldiers for resisting orders. Every human being have a breaking point.After four years on ground,you are reposting them to a serious flash point like marte?

It is of course more of a death sentence. These guys are tired.Fresh blood should be sent to the spot,while the guys go take rest with their families.

Though they may end up in guard room now, but,better in guard room than dead.

The Army superiors are insensitive
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by MartinCorridon: 7:20am On Aug 13, 2018
buchilino:

Buchilino to his useless homosexual father and worthless wh0re mother :
SAY WATEVA U LIKE, CALL ME WATEVA U LIKE. BECAUSE U SUPPORT OFFICERS 2 BE MISTREATED, U WILL FEEL D SAME EXPERIENCE IN LIFE

Okay. Your condition will never change.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by Akpacha(m): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2018
ifiokjohn:
if all this soldiers can rally round and kill all APC and PDP top top members and the looters including buhari, osinbanjo,tiffnubu badwill akpabio, saraki etc.
Nigeria a will forever be indebted to them
lol seriously.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by ehissi(m): 7:22am On Aug 13, 2018
MartinCorridon:
Unfortunately for them, Army frowns seriously on mutiny.

Long jail terms loading for them regardless of how genuine their grievances are

The army also seriously frowns at any policy framework that mutilates the moral of the officers/men of the armed forces.

Placing an officer/soldier on tour for 4years is unacceptable anywhere in the world......

And I mean anywhere. The highest punishment some of these soldiers may get is in house labour - if no one is hurt in their ruckus , but the idiot that ordered the clerk who posted them had better be a general, otherwise E sure for am say he/she will never see that rank...........on a good day
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by Jaqenhghar: 7:23am On Aug 13, 2018
babtoundey:
Trouble looms ahead. I thought the claim that the stuff soldiers are made of is obeying the last command. A lot have changed this little while. If the soldiers who are trained (robot-like) to face death without considering whatever risk that lurks in the act of doing so now find excuses or whatever to do what is demanding of them, who worship order and respect hierarchy like God now have the effrontery to disobey, threaten and even rebel against the stance of their superior under any guise, nothing can be presumed to be right.

The day the gallant warriors who are sacrificing everything they hold dear for Nigeria to remain and for every Nigerian to live stop being loyal and being made scape goat, we all know that we are sitting on gunpowder.
You really have a romantic notion of this shithole army. Those attributes you mentioned are those you ascribe to foreign militaries. The shithole niggerian army is all about oga and boy boy.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by Skoopy(m): 7:36am On Aug 13, 2018
mekaw:
why wasting the life of our young soldier's, I think its time those generals start going to the war front

They were not born generals, they've seen it all, I mean, they paid their dues .
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by ocelot2006(m): 7:39am On Aug 13, 2018
Hedonini:
Bunch of useless cowards.

They have been in theatre for FOUR YEARS! The standard is usually SIX MONTHS before rotation to enable a unit recuperate and recharge.

Btw these are Special Force operators. Cowardice is not in their dictionary.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by theoldpretender(m): 7:44am On Aug 13, 2018
ednut1:
Wonder y those soldiers never plan coup since. Ur oga like buratai buys houses in dubai with money for weapons and sends u to go die inside bush u self dey go

Have you ever lived under Army rule?

You wont like it.
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by Nbote(m): 7:46am On Aug 13, 2018
Pitokwe:

I can't ablame these soldiers for resisting orders. Every human being have a breaking point.After four years on ground,you are reposting them to a serious flash point like marte?

It is of course more of a death sentence. These guys are tired.Fresh blood should be sent to the spot,while the guys go take rest with their families.

Though they may end up in guard room now, but,better in guard room than dead.

The Army superiors are insensitive

D army have always been absolutely insincere. D army hierarchy seems more concerned with promoting itself on paper than it's men's welfare

1 Like

Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by MartinCorridon: 7:50am On Aug 13, 2018
ehissi:

The army also seriously frowns at any policy framework that mutilates the moral of the officers/men of the armed forces.

Placing an officer/soldier on tour for 4years is unacceptable anywhere in the world......

And I mean anywhere. The highest punishment some of these soldiers may get is in house labour - if no one is hurt in their ruckus , but the idiot that ordered the clerk who posted them had better be a general, otherwise E sure for am say he/she will never see that rank...........on a good day

YES sir. I made the post based on reality, however not from a romantic perspective.

Some years back, UN Peacekeepers were extorted by their superiors. I can't remember the exact figures, but the margin was ridiculous. Like paying someone $5 instead of $400 he was supposed to be paid.

They shot at their superior officer and were sentenced to DEATH....not even long jail term as i said. You don't have to believe me, check Google yourself.

It's unfortunate, it's wrong, but it's the brutal reality. If you notice, my post was actually sympathetic

1 Like

Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by ehissi(m): 7:51am On Aug 13, 2018
MartinCorridon:

YES sir. I made the post based on reality, however not on from a romantic perspective.

Some years back, UN Peacekeepers were extorted by their superiors. I can't remember the exact figures, but the margin was ridiculous. Like paying someone $5 instead of $400 he was supposed to be paid.

They shot at him and were sentenced to DEATH....not even long jail term as i said. You don't have to believe me, check Google yourself.

It's unfortunate, it's wrong, but it's the brutal reality. If you notice, my post was actually sympathetic

Which year in particular please?
Re: Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors by CanineOfJackal: 7:54am On Aug 13, 2018
Daboomb:

Did you say GAINS?

Look around you and tell me the so-called gains.

I can tell you that as bad as the military where, 80% of the infrastructure in this country today, were built under military regimes.
We have spend the last twenty years under Politicians, what do we as 'citizens' have to show for it?

How many Power stations have they built?
How many replicas of the 3rd mainland bridges have they built in 20yrs?
How many Ports, schools, Hospitals, Water Works, etc have they built? Now look at how much they have stolen and how much they "legally" steal. in form of payments to themselves.

Democracy is desirable, better than any military Govt but we dont have a Democracy yet, what we have is just a bunch of criminals masquerading as Democrats.... these leeches all deserve to be reduced to rubble, in one fell sweep, in that their NASS.
undecided
The cleaning should start from the President and then his security service before NASS members. they should all be wiped out.

Finally Buhari should feel the bullet launch into his heart

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Supreme Court Fines Afe Babalola, Olanipekun N60 Million / Photos Of Yusuf Buhari As He Arrives Nigeria From Medical Trip Abroad / Photos Of Soldiers Guarding & Assisting Zabarmari People Harvest Farm Produce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.