Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,500 members, 7,812,545 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! (17157 Views)

Defense Academy Reacts To The Video Of Female Army Cadet Beating A Man / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Chatham House: Stage Managed Show Of Shame By Buhari, APC – Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Deshola: 4:07pm On Jun 22, 2010
House of Reps updatesadWatch Out- The video will be uploaded soon) "Following a rowdy session instigated by Hon. Dino Melaye and his group, all members of the group were suspended till the end of legislative session. Austin Nwachukwu a member of Melaye group who came in with tear gas that he was using during the fracas was beaten and stripped unclothed before camera , for, refusing to leave the chamber after suspension."Melaye's dress was equally torn while Hon. Igwe a supporter of Hon. Dimeji Bankole had his hand dislocated by Nwachukwu after using tear gas on him. Doris Uboh a member of the Melaye group collapsed in the fray and was carried out. Hon. Independence Ogunewe escaped through the back door to ,  See Moreescape beating."The house resumed after order was ,  See more restored to consider a bill on the Nigerian Customs Service after Bankole had apologized to Nigerians for the action of some of his members.

Will upload the video once it is out.
Watch out.

As promised: This is the video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnRavpA01oI
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Acidosis(m): 4:13pm On Jun 22, 2010
grin
ha ha ha ha
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by phantom(m): 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2010
lol, austin nwachukwu is my uncle, come and see the mansion he's building with our constituency fund somewhere in nsu district,ehime mbano.
crooks, thats all they know, meanwhile doctors are on strike in this same country and these idiots are fightin to share our money,
I have said it , this country is goin no where until we spill the blood of these criminals,
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by desgiezd(m): 4:43pm On Jun 22, 2010
How interesting would it have been had he had the opportunity of opening the canister. It would have been hilarious seeing those members running helter and skelter in the hallowed(?) chamers perhaps with running noses and tearful eyes accomplished with a lot of sneazing.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by yemmydavid(m): 4:55pm On Jun 22, 2010
DIS-HONOURABLE MEMBERS , dis is Bull poo. i hope their children are reading and seeing their fathers fool themselves.
if them no go fear God, them no dey shame?

videos/pix please
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Fhemmmy: 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2010
Lol
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by ajibey(m): 5:07pm On Jun 22, 2010
Yeye set of people sitting and embarrassing Nigeria and Nigerians, I wish to see that video; i beg poster just try and upload.
I watched George Osborne today during the emergency budget reading in the house of commons and i was impressed even looking at the young set of interlectuals runing the United Kingdom but in Naija na people wey no go school dey head because of gosfatherism in politics
My people things need to change
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by PROJECT: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2010
u guys talk to much , chris okotie is wasting his time, donald duke cant gt there,dele momodu is disillusioned,now why do u ppl complain when the ones who are better u discredit.what u sow u reap .up naija
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by ajibey(m): 5:45pm On Jun 22, 2010
@PROJECT
And where did you read all the jargons you wrote that some people are not good enough. We keep turning out leaders that can't talk in front of other world leaders.
The other day i watched Ojo Madueke your bicycle minister on BBC hardtalk and watching it alone was embarrassing because he was just talking off point and giving some nonsense answers
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by 4tune1(m): 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2010
So this fight happened concurrently with their wife's own at women`s conference at the same Abuja?

What a country
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by ajibey(m): 6:04pm On Jun 22, 2010
@4tune1
You didn't end it well
What a disgraceful bunch of people ruling a great country!!!
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by 4tune1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 22, 2010
ajibey:

@4tune1
You didn't end it well
What a disgraceful bunch of people ruling a great country!!!

You can say that 100 times.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by tpiah: 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2010
lord have mercy!!!

na wa.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Eziachi: 8:38pm On Jun 22, 2010
Just because some members made an allegation against the speaker and his response, was to suspend them until further notice?
However, Bankole has forgotten that those people he is suspending are there to represent a people just like him representing his own people.

None of them came to that house as a speaker but rather a member representing a segment of what they called a country, so what right has excess lips from Ogun state and his follow-follow Agbero members got to suspend another member who has not been convicted of any crime just that he made allegation against you, which is been investigated by the authorities.

When IBB said that the young generation of Nigeria are as useless as those of their grandfather like him, everybody lambasted him for his comments, but Bankole is a good example of the useless young generation. Bankole is a typical embodiment of Nigeria-Opportunist, EXCESSIVENESS, Corrupt and a dictatorial power drunkard.

In a true democratic setting, Bankole should allow those men to express their opinion, irrespective that they are talking about him. Since he claimed to have the support of majority of them, he should even allow the impeachment process to go ahead and then silence his opponents through a democratic process game of numbers, but he resorts to intimidation and violence.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by SapeleGuy: 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2010
The Progressives were very brave and will have the last laugh, Bankole will be impeached.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 22, 2010
Reps in turmoil as members of the Progressives are suspended

The House of Representatives session erupted into a free for all today, with at least one member injured, as 11 members of the Progressive Group, calling for the removal of the Speaker, Dimeji Bankole, were suspended till the end of the legislative session.

The 11 members are demanding for investigation into allegations of corruption against its leadership. They were suspended after a motion was moved by Chile Igbauwa (PDP, Benue) and seconded by Shehu Garba Matazu (PDP, Katsina). They are also to be investigated by Ethics and Privileges Committee and will remain suspended until the investigation is concluded. The 11 members will also not collect salaries and allowances throughout the period of suspension.

Moving the suspension motion, Mr. Igbauwa relied on Order 5 (1) Sub-rules 2 and 3 of the House Rules, Order 7 sub rules 3B, C and D, Section 60 of the 1999 Constitution and Section 24 of the Legislative Houses (Powers and Privileges) Act, while moving his motion.

The suspension was preceded by rowdiness after the insistence from the Progressive Group members that Mr. Igbauwa should not proceed with the motion. In the melee that ensued, members of the Progessive Group that included Dino Melaye, Austin Nwachukwu, Bitrus Kaze, Solomon Awhinawhi, and Doris Uboh were bundled out of the chamber by the Speaker’s loyalists, who also tore their clothes. It was not clear if three other members who were originally part of the group when it gave the seven days ultimatum to resign two weeks ago, would be suspended.

House of commotion

The media aide to the Speaker, Kayode Odunaro, in a statement describing the fracas, alleged that “the rowdy session was instigated by Dino melaye and his group.” Mr. Odunaro also alleged that a member of the group, which he referred to as the ‘Dino group’, came into the chambers with tear gas that “he was using during the fracas and was beaten and stripped unclothed before camera for refusing to leave the chamber after suspension.”

He added that Mr. Dino’s clothes was equally torn while a supporter of the Speaker, Mr. Igwe, had his hand dislocated by a member of the group identified as Mr. Nwanchukwu, after using a tear gas canister on him. The statement also revealed that Doris Uboh, a member of the Dino group, “collapsed in the fray and was carried out, while Independence Ogunewe escaped through the back door to escape beating”, the statement read.

The House, however, resumed after order was restored to consider a bill on custom after Mr. Bankole apologised to Nigerians for the action of some of his members.

Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Virtueways(f): 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2010
HEY HAIRALANDERS ARE YOU WATCHING THE NEWS!
OMON COME SEE BIG TIME FIGHTING,MAKE UNA LEAVE SUPER CHICKENS ALONE. OUR LEADERS ARE A BIGGER SHAME.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by ItGeek(m): 9:57pm On Jun 22, 2010
its quite unfortunate what our politicians have degenerated to in the quest for personal gains. we need a complete overhaul of our electoral process. asap
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by deor03(m): 10:09pm On Jun 22, 2010
Mad idiots !
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by mafioso2(m): 11:56pm On Jun 22, 2010
[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgSPoR5C9zI[/flash]

Chop i Chop Govt,  grin grin
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 23, 2010
Motor park touts as House of Reps  embarassed

and i thought Nigeria was getting better
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by davsquared: 12:34am On Jun 23, 2010
Nigeria my Nigeria!! Nigeria of proud warriors in ancestral savannahs. Nigeria of whom my grandmother sings of!!

tell me Nigeria, Is this u? dis back dat is bent

i no fit shout.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Quod: 12:44am On Jun 23, 2010
Where they wrong for calling for an investigation into perceived financial misappropriations on the part of the leaders of the house?
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by olaOLUWAbalogun(m): 12:46am On Jun 23, 2010
There some things I dont seem to understand about my country, Nigeria. Look at the Hon's picture, he is not even looking guilty.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by nearest(m): 12:50am On Jun 23, 2010
Tragic and sad. Nigeria is really not a democratic state, David mark wants all senators to be given return tickets ( if possible there should be no elections for them), Bankole does not want opposition to his house and Dino Melaye will become broke if he doesn't get a committe chair, and in all of this its the poor people who sweat blood for the resources that they are spending recklessly, i'm tempted to say this is tragic, but its far beyond tragic.
Questions
1. Why is Bankole so quick to apply the house rules rather than the constitution? If Bankole isn't guilty shouldn't he show example to others by presenting the books of accounts for screening by EFCC?

2. Why is Dino Melaye bringing this up at this time?
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by olaolabiy: 12:50am On Jun 23, 2010
tip of the iceberg. no country compares to naija. make u just adopt the policy americans call seesaw.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by oloritinu: 12:56am On Jun 23, 2010
yeepa!! fuji house of comotion, kaitanic spirit  shocked
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by asas(f): 12:58am On Jun 23, 2010
for how long wld dey continue to fight like dis jeeez man , chei God help 9ja
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by coolier(f): 1:02am On Jun 23, 2010
Pathetic!
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by 9jafreak: 1:07am On Jun 23, 2010
[size=14pt]Wow what a brilliant way to celebrate Nigeria's EXIT from the World Cup!

Brave hearts!
[/size]
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 23, 2010
mafioso2:

[flash=400,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgSPoR5C9zI[/flash]

Chop i Chop Govt,  grin grin

She would have done better
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Dotman01(m): 1:16am On Jun 23, 2010
Bunch of Fools

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Three Major Projects Osinbajo Commissioned In Uyo, @ Its 30th Anniversary / Kehinde Ajibade: IPPIS Is A Scam, FG Deceived Us / Politicians, Pastors, Birds Of The Same Feathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.