Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,500 members, 7,830,507 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! (17184 Views)

Defense Academy Reacts To The Video Of Female Army Cadet Beating A Man / Show Of Shame As Govt, Security Officials Turn Govt House To Boxing Arena / Chatham House: Stage Managed Show Of Shame By Buhari, APC – Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Roliks09: 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2010
We are our own worst enemies. We are no different from our leaders. In the middle of all these, people are still being tribalistic and associating a person's animal-like behavior with his state of origin? Dino Maleye(or whatever) is who he is because that is what he wants to be. Not his state for God's sake. We ask to move forward, yet remain immersed in our tribal short-sightedness. When will we rise above our leaders in thoughts, character, dignity, sincerity and all other fine qualities that should be inherent in a man? Until then, ladies and gentlemen, we are in no position to ask for more!
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by hameet: 1:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
nigerians, this is a very critical moment in our lives. wot happened in national assembly yesterday was not a joke. mr president has to really look into the matter cos from all indications, somebody or some people might die and then it would be too late. my main problem is hon dino, haba, why are u disgracing ur self and family? as a gentleman, there are so many ways of resolving issues, and you went to good schools, now u are being labeled as a thug and i know ur children believe u are the best daddy in the world. pls calm down and the truth shall prevail.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Ty207: 1:42pm On Jun 23, 2010
Great nation Bad People!
Nigeria can never develop no be s! embarassed
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by 1Emmy: 1:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
That is the way to bravery, fight when the occasion calls.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by pash01(m): 1:50pm On Jun 23, 2010
[quote][/quote]

Just because some members made an allegation against the speaker and his response, was to suspend them until further notice?
However, Bankole has forgotten that those people he is suspending are there to represent a people just like him representing his own people.

None of them came to that house as a speaker but rather a member representing a segment of what they called a country, so what right has excess lips from Ogun state and his follow-follow Agbero members got to suspend another member who has not been convicted of any crime just that he made allegation against you, which is been investigated by the authorities.

When IBB said that the young generation of Nigeria are as useless as those of their grandfather like him, everybody lambasted him for his comments, but Bankole is a good example of the useless young generation. Bankole is a typical embodiment of Nigeria-Opportunist, EXCESSIVENESS, Corrupt and a dictatorial power drunkard.

In a true democratic setting, Bankole should allow those men to express their opinion, irrespective that they are talking about him. Since he claimed to have the support of majority of them, he should even allow the impeachment process to go ahead and then silence his opponents through a democratic process game of numbers, but he resorts to intimidation and violence.

You ve said it all, Useless people
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Jephyard(m): 1:54pm On Jun 23, 2010
The house of representative is really a house of madness. Am not surprise at what is happening, when the appointed leaders there are their with the help of there godfather and a host of them. It really shows too much education or degree is really spoiling this nation not minding their background. I don't care what happen to this country until we are ready to fight every form of crime or curruption nothing is going to change. In some homes in Nigeria corruption is seen as way of life. As long we continue to close our eyes and stop reasoning to comon thing we ought to put right then we are aiming for nothing.

Nigerian ride on to death, we will all die until we wake up good bye to the foolish citizen called Nigerian.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by hackney(m): 2:11pm On Jun 23, 2010
Why are people shocked? ? ? ? ?
They spilled blood to get there and you think anything will stop them now?
Or do some people think they are there for the masses? ? ? ? ?
Ok.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by desthan(m): 2:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
Where is that National Anthem thread again Please it should be moved over here, and find out from people what they feel when they hear it , or is it recite it? I laugh in assorted languages. . . .

No revolution, No hope for the country.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Morizo(m): 2:51pm On Jun 23, 2010
Nigeria jaga jaga cheesy
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Rheinmetal(m): 2:56pm On Jun 23, 2010
Royal Rumble V:Tear Gas/Dress in the Green Chamber embarassed

Buncha b.uffons. angry Bank, ole a beneficiary of the same process he is trying to supress.

Let the drama continue sad
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Omoyeleolami(m): 3:21pm On Jun 23, 2010
God help us in this country.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by oluagness(m): 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2010
Nonsense
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by isimili: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2010
Shameless thugs. That's all i can say. I cannot believe that they have only been suspended. The idiot who came into the chambers of the exalted house must be sacked and sacked for good. there is element of intention to cause problems and embarrass Nigeria even before the proceedings began. If he is not sacked and the security in the house investigated in order to establish how he was able to bring such an offensive weapon into the House, then it is likely that some day someone will come into the house will bomb and bring down the house. I wonder what their wives and children will say about their behaviour.

And that coward Ogunleye ran away through the back door? Why? did he not start all the madness with his confrontations with bankole. all of them including bankole should be sacked.

I hope that their parties and  constituents saw all of that. That should be a major issue on whether or not they get the tickets to go back there. In my opinions, they are simply thugs and have no business pretending to be representing us.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by xamphara: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2010
[size=14pt], this is what you get when you fold your arms and fume about election rigging, do nothhing abou it and allow the [i]worstest [/i]of the society to lead!. Lets see what happens in 2011[/size]
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by DTaj: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2010
Without holding brief for Dimeji Bankole (as I never knew him from Adam before he assumed the leadership of the House), it is true that MAJORITY of the members of the House are unfit to be there! They are all virtually common rogues!

This same Dino Melaye that claims to lead the so-called 'Progressives' was the immediate past House Committee Chairman on Information; when he dished out false, disjointed press briefings in support of this same Bankole! But when he was forced to resign the position and lost some reckoning, he now started fighting. Same goes for Ogunewe and the rest of them,

This fight is not about Nigeria and the common people, it is about how to STEAL more funds and return to political reckoning,

For some of us who knew Dino Melaye right from ABU Zaria during our undergraduate days, we are not surprised that he has continued his thuggery and stealing spree, Let him account for the video set and TV set of the student association he led at ABU, He stole the gadgets and fled after graduation! He who comes to equity must do so with clean hands!!!
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Eziachi: 4:59pm On Jun 23, 2010
~Bluetooth:

must you always unleash your tribal missile everytime ? Agreed there was an allegation against the house leadership but the point ''chile'' was raising was on the house rule which forbids any member from bring to the media or other publication any matter concerning the house.
the offence committed by dino and co is not about the speaker but a breach of the constitution of the house which a sanction is applicable to.his nuisance is borned out of personal conviction of bankole afterall waziri have said it all;house of scandal

A thief they said is always the first to shout Ole!!
What is tribalistic about what I said that you quoted? You seem to enjoy picking a fight in an empty bus with yourself.
You think everyone is like yourself, a bigot!!
All the so called progressive came across many areas, so where did you get your tribal nonesense from?
Bankole was sitting there like a dictator issueing orders and suspending people representing a segment of your so called country and he is the beneficiary of his crooked suspension. In a decent society, he will resign to clear his name, not sitting down hiding behind law to silence his accusers.
What happens to those areas those people are representing when they will be voting for their crooked contitution amendment?
But you seem to see things through your tiny prism.

You are telling me about house rule and constitution, under which Bankole is hiding, where was those rules when the other crrupt woman (Mrs Ette) was thrown out to make way for Bankole? If I remember correctly, there was a fight like this too and no one was suspended till further. Madam Ette must be kicking herself now because she should have used Bankole dictatorial tactics.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by imoga(m): 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
The madness that we watched on the floor of the House of Reps yesterday is a revelation that what we have as lower house law-makers are bunch of Dis-Honourable gentlemen and women and nothing else.

Nonsense!!!!!!!!!
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Ibime(m): 5:13pm On Jun 23, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan is behind all this.

I wont support no fake "progressives". . . . it would be an insult to the English dictionary to call these fools progressive.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by imoga(m): 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
@Ibime
How sure are you with your facts that Goodluck is behind all this?
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by olayinkaj2(m): 5:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
Drama in the house. See our leaders, bunch of hooligance. They should be ashamed of themselves. I never knew we have agberos as leaders. Idiots!!!
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Ibomade1: 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
As usual my people are up to it again. Exposing their backside to the world to laugh at.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by IFELEKE(m): 5:42pm On Jun 23, 2010
Too bad,I wonder what would be going through the mind of those kids as they watch their fathers/mothers humiliate themselves. . .
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by TheClown: 6:03pm On Jun 23, 2010
REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REVOLUTION. LET US NOT BE PEN TIGERS ALONE, LET EVERYONE PASS THIS ON, LET IT BECOME A PUBLIC OPINION, A STRONG ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE DON TIRE TO CARRY DEM POO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by clown: 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
never a dull moment with naija politicians thugs grin
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by nearest(m): 6:23pm On Jun 23, 2010
Dino Melaye, isn't it good to be on the wrong side? Oh sorry. Do you remember when you were shouting OLEH at Rt. Hon. Eteh during a committe hearing about how she spent or about to spend the money she was accused of stealing, He started the fight also.
Its so painful that Bank[b]oleh[/b] (like some people will put it) thinks every body na M.U.MU for nigeria, we know the prices of  electronics in nigeria, the price of cars also, what in God's name does he need bullet proof cars for?
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by blazon(m): 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2010
the members should have been given a fair hearing. how can a motion for their suspension be moved simply because they tried to impeach the speaker. that the impeachment did not go through dosnt mean the speaker is not guilty. i only wish they had another way of expressing their feelings.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by Appearance(m): 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
We are slowly but steadily getting to a point where aspiring political office holders will be required to hold a black belt.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by nearest(m): 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2010
blazon:

the members should have been given a fair hearing. how can a motion for their suspension be moved simply because they tried to impeach the speaker. that the impeachment did not go through dosnt mean the speaker is not guilty. i only wish they had another way of expressing their feelings.
for niaja, na shoot first and ask questions later!
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by ceceko86(m): 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2010
d future of 9ja is really unsafe.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by tpiah: 8:05pm On Jun 23, 2010
^^cant argue with that.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by spicyhoney(f): 8:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
So shameful. I felt so embarrassed and a tear almost dropped from my eyes yesterday when i watched how elderly people were busy punching themselves and that woman who was almost dragged on the floor out of the house i wonder the kind of pain she would be in now from the way she was so mishandled . And what would their children think of them. So pathetic.
Re: House of Reps Show of Shame: Watch the Video! by CEiiG: 8:40pm On Jun 23, 2010
Appearance:

We are slowly but steadily getting to a point where aspiring political office holders will be required to hold a black belt.

haha but this vid no action dey try this one its like 2 minutes but full blow to blow imagine i know children of some of this people!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeS102JrTvA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose / Audu Ogbe Loses PVC, Fails To Vote / APC Crisis: How Governors Frustrated Oyegun’s Plot To Abort Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.