Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (457679 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 10:32pm On Mar 28, 2022
yemozyn:
Following the recent and latest testimony shared today on this thread, I wish to share my own success on the journey of TEF and TCF, while mine is similar to the earlier post. I as a matter of fact wrote TEF twice but the result didn't come out well

My scores are as follows:
CO: C1 521
CE: B2 498
EO : B2 13
EE: B2 12

Infact her professionalism is top notch. Am glad to share my TCF result today on this thread and also to encourage others that are focusing on french towards Canada dream.

Another winner ! Félicitations Yemozyn !!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by cutebear: 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2022
Amen o! I really hope so
Allegory:

I doubt the bolded sha, they’ve really improved on processing times recently and I doubt they’ll let it go back to 2-3 years after the criticism they’ve faced for the 2019/20 application timelines. It’s going back to 6 months or less
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Allegory(f): 9:24pm On Mar 29, 2022
cutebear:
Amen o! I really hope so
Lol it’s not a hoping matter o. I belong to a Nov/Dec 2021 AOR group and many people have gotten PPR already, including early December AORs. I got my second GU today, things have really sped up again.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by dualduo: 7:46pm On Apr 07, 2022
Bonjour a tous,

My exam is in a few days and I can't believe I'm scared. *phew

I registered for the TCF without thorough research and now I think my capacities are better suited to the TEF. (Comprehension Orale is quite tough for me and Production Ecrite is way easier, I can write 400 words sef. But, we gats to move).

Please does anyone have an active subscription for prepmyfuture? Please, pretty please? (help!!!!)
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by jovids: 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2022
Good evening all, please do we have a centre for TCF in Lagos now or is it still only in Port Harcourt
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Successintef: 9:43am On Apr 26, 2022
jovids:
Good evening all, please do we have a centre for TCF in Lagos now or is it still only in Port Harcourt
Only in PH
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Successintef: 9:45am On Apr 26, 2022
Are you trying to boost your CRS score?

Searching for a reputable French school?

We aid and tutor students to ace TEF at one-sitting.

Our May class is starting soon

To ask for more information, you can reach us on

successintef@gmail.com

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by greenverte(f): 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
GraciousWords:

Looks like reducing scores may no longer be needed. The last 2 OINP draws in Feb and Mar have had an upper threshold of 600 so hopefully same will apply for the next French Speakers' Draw.

All the best to those with CLB 7 across ........NOIs coming soon!

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-express-entry-notifications-interest#section-1

Upper threshold was applied for the French stream draw today, 460 - 467.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 5:39pm On Apr 28, 2022
greenverte:

Upper threshold was applied for the French stream draw today, 460 - 467.

Sad to hear that cry wonder why.......
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by MaameU: 1:12am On Apr 29, 2022
Hi GraciousWords. Thanks so much for this advice. I finally got my NOI from Ontario and very exited although I am facing a few hurdles. Since I claimed only 1 year experience in my EE profile, do I need to list only 1 year experience when submitting the application for the Ontario Nomination or do I list ALL of my work experience and write an LOE stating that I am only claiming points for one of them?. Note that under work history on the Ontario website, they state that "List all of your paid work experience in the last ten years (or since the age of 18, if this was less than ten years ago). Start with your current or most recent occupation". Your advice will be very much appreciated

GraciousWords:
If you are tired of waiting for FSW and have a CLB7 or more in EE, EO, CE, CO, please play round with the CRS calculator and see what you can do to get within the OINP French Speakers Program CRS range. They may have a draw this September if they follow the pattern since Jan 2021.

Some options:
*Claim 1 or 2 years of work experience instead of 3 (not misrepresentation because you will indicate ALL your work history in personal history after ITA).

*Try making French your first language

*retaking IELTS and aiming for lower scores might only work if results and TEF are released before the OINP draw......but still something to consider.

*Explore other PNPs.

You have an edge over people who have only 1 language....use it!

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 1:37am On Apr 29, 2022
MaameU:
Hi GraciousWords. Thanks so much for this advice. I finally got my NOI from Ontario and very exited although I am facing a few hurdles. Since I claimed only 1 year experience in my EE profile, do I need to list only 1 year experience when submitting the application for the Ontario Nomination or do I list ALL of my work experience and write an LOE stating that I am only claiming points for one of them?. Note that under work history on the Ontario website, they state that "List all of your paid work experience in the last ten years (or since the age of 18, if this was less than ten years ago). Start with your current or most recent occupation". Your advice will be very much appreciated.

I have zero practical experience with OINP. But my book understanding of their requirement is to provide evidence for work experience in your profile. Maybe paste the link that the statement in red is from for context.

Requirements for French Speakers stream here:

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-french-speaking-skilled-worker-stream#section-2

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by MaameU: 1:46am On Apr 29, 2022
Thanks for your very prompt response. That's what I thought too but I wasn't too sure what to do. Actually the statement in red is what I saw while filling the OINP e-filling portal. Even if I pasted it here I am not sure you can access because you have to sign in so I am attaching a screenshot instead.

GraciousWords:

I have zero practical experience with OINP. But my book understanding of their requirement is to provide evidence for work experience in your profile. Maybe paste the link that the statement in red is from for context.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-french-speaking-skilled-worker-stream#section-2

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by upkay: 3:45am On Apr 29, 2022
Good day guys, and I give kudos to you all.

Please, kindly advise.

My sister had sat for TEF twice (3 B2's and 1 B1)but she couldn't get the mark she needed to boost her CRS.

At this point she's preparing to re-take the exam again.

1. Do you suggest she goes for TCF this time?

2. Is TEF and TCF same thing (i.e their preparation method, as she's been using TEF materials to study)?

3. Due to proximity to the state she resides, she's been writing the exam in Ibadan. Do you suggests she changes her exam centre in this third attempt to other States (e.g Lagos/Abuja/PH)?

4. Lastly, which (affordable)Tutor can you recommend for her for just one month preparatory class?

Thank you all for your inputs.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 9:37am On Apr 29, 2022
MaameU:
Thanks for your very prompt response. That's what I thought too but I wasn't too sure what to do. Actually the statement in red is what I saw while filling the OINP e-filling portal. Even if I pasted it here I am not sure you can access because you have to sign in so I am attaching a screenshot instead.

Ok I see what you mean. You can do what you originally suggested. Provide for ALL your work experience and add an LOE that your EE profile is only claiming CRS points for 1 year. You may want to ask on the main thread too so people who have done OINP can also guide you.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2022
upkay:
Good day guys, and I give kudos to you all.

Please, kindly advise.

My sister had sat for TEF twice (3 B2's and 1 B1)but she couldn't get the mark she needed to boost her CRS.

At this point she's preparing to re-take the exam again.

1. Do you suggest she goes for TCF this time?

2. Is TEF and TCF same thing (i.e their preparation method, as she's been using TEF materials to study)?

3. Due to proximity to the state she resides, she's been writing the exam in Ibadan. Do you suggests she changes her exam centre in this third attempt to other States (e.g Lagos/Abuja/PH)?

4. Lastly, which (affordable)Tutor can you recommend for her for just one month preparatory class?

Thank you all for your inputs.

TCF and TEF are structured differently so I don't think she can approach them in the same way. Google can easily show her sample papers for each. It may help your sister to read page 1 of this thread for links to people's experiences of both.

In my opinion, changing venues could help, just for the psychological effect.

Read back several pages, there is a particular lady people that has been mentioned repeatedly.

Which one is she always getting less than CLB7 in? I hope her previous B2s have been CLB7 and above.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by upkay: 1:26pm On Apr 29, 2022
Thanks for your input. The two B2's: CLB7, one B2: CLB6 and one B1: CLB4

GraciousWords:

TCF and TEF are structured differently so I don't think she can approach them in the same way. Google can easily show her sample papers for each. It may help your sister to read page 1 of this thread for links to people's experiences of both.

In my opinion, changing venues could help, just for the psychological effect.

Read back several pages, there is a particular lady people that has been mentioned repeatedly.

Which one is she always getting less than CLB7 in? I hope her previous B2s have been CLB7 and above.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by MaameU: 2:53am On May 01, 2022
Hi @GraciousWords, fortunately I have been advised on how others have successfully delt with this in the past and I hope it helps someone else in future. One option is to list all jobs in your OINP application under the Work history and provide a reference letter only for the jobs you wish to claim points for then you can state in LOE that you are not claiming points for the others jobs and therefore have not uploaded documents for them. Second option is to state only the jobs you wish to claim marks for in the work history section and state the rest of the jobs you don't wish to claim points for under the other activities section.

GraciousWords:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 9:09pm On May 06, 2022
MaameU:
Hi @GraciousWords, fortunately I have been advised on how others have successfully delt with this in the past and I hope it helps someone else in future. One option is to list all jobs in your OINP application under the Work history and provide a reference letter only for the jobs you wish to claim points for then you can state in LOE that you are not claiming points for the others jobs and therefore have not uploaded documents for them. Second option is to state only the jobs you wish to claim marks for in the work history section and state the rest of the jobs you don't wish to claim points for under the other activities section.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure others will find it useful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 9:11pm On May 06, 2022
neronito:
Hello all, it's with great joy I share my testimony with you. I just received my TEF results from AF Portharcourt and saw that I made a clb 8 with C1 in all 4 competences. All thanks to God for this result.

Bravo !

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dinma27: 4:28pm On May 12, 2022
Please is there anyone that has done this? is it possible to add French as my first language and ielts as second cos i have a better score in TEF, IELTS does not love me.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by GraciousWords: 5:57pm On May 12, 2022
Dinma27:
Please is there anyone that has done this? is it possible to add French as my first language and ielts as second cos i have a better score in TEF, IELTS does not love me.

It's your choice which language to put as first or second.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/158#112361786
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dinma27: 9:24pm On May 12, 2022
GraciousWords:

It's your choice which language to put as first or second.

https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/158#112361786

Thank you o, God bless you. I cannot kee myself for ielts when i could just pass tef once
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Lovinwa1: 7:51am On May 13, 2022
Hello, what did you do that made you get so high in TEF? Or do you already have a French background? Pls share so that we can learn
Dinma27:

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dinma27: 12:42pm On May 16, 2022
Lovinwa1:
Hello, what did you do that made you get so high in TEF? Or do you already have a French background? Pls share so that we can learn

I learnt from scratch. I started from IEF Yaba in Sept 2020, stopped in November and continued with different private teachers and wrote in Dec 2021.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 5:42pm On May 17, 2022
Dinma27:

I learnt from scratch. I started from IEF Yaba in Sept 2020, stopped in November and continued with different private teachers and wrote in Dec 2021.

Génial... Any reason you stopped at IEF?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by pennstate(m): 12:56pm On May 18, 2022
Hello all, how effective are online French classes at Alliance Francaise?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Dinma27: 1:21pm On May 20, 2022
aurorae1:

Génial... Any reason you stopped at IEF?

I gave birth and needed to be at home.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by aurorae1: 2:01pm On May 20, 2022
Dinma27:

I gave birth and needed to be at home.

Ah je vois...Thanks for responding. Is it possible to share the contact of any of the private tutors you had...? Or better yet, can I PM you?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Lovinwa1: 9:29am On May 25, 2022
Can someone recommend a physical class, preferably from B1 in Surulere/Yaba axis?

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (183) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

Viewing this topic: deyplay and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.