Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (456879 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 10:35am On Feb 15, 2019
You can contact Alliance Francaise Port Harcourt, and maybe Lagos for the registration process

fadeofresh:
Please how can I register for TCF Canada here in Nigeria.
It seems to be cheaper than TEF Canada.
suggestions please..
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Onebase79(m): 11:37am On Feb 15, 2019
Je suis heureux être ici. Je commence apprendrer le français en janvier cet année. Merci beaucoup tout le monde pour les livres et votre advicées. grin this is my first time writing in french. C'est mon 1er le temps écriter en français

The plan is to self study for the first half of the year, then study solely for the exam over the next half. The resources on this thread has been of tremendous help, especially "learn French with Michel Thomas". Merci monsieur @bellerin

So far:
It has been overwhelming especially with the numerous resources available. But I think I have found what works for me.
*I changed all my device language to french.
*I try to watch French videos especially on topics I have interest in. That way I already have an idea what they are talking about and I can quickly link words.
*when I'm watching English videos, I try to translate it to French in my head.
*I think the trick to pronouncing mots correctly is to master the alphabets, voyelles, consonnes and their combinations.

Je voudrais encourager vous. Vous pouvez le faire !
@njbybthnly you inspire me. J'espère être like you when I grow up

7 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 1:52pm On Feb 15, 2019
Onebase79:
Je suis heureux être ici. Je commence apprendrer le français en janvier cet année. Merci beaucoup tout le monde pour les livres et votre advicées. grin this is my first time writing in french. C'est mon 1er le temps écriter en français

The plan is to self study for the first half of the year, then study solely for the exam over the next half. The resources on this thread has been of tremendous help, especially "learn French with Michel Thomas". Merci monsieur @bellerin

So far:
It has been overwhelming especially with the numerous resources available. But I think I have found what works for me.
*I try to watch French videos especially on topics I have interest in. That way I already have an idea what they are talking about and I can quickly link words.
*I think the trick to pronouncing mots correctly is to master the alphabets, voyelles, consonnes and their combinations.

Pas ecriter c'est ecrire
Pas je voudrais encourager vous, mais c'est Je voudrais vous encourager,

Pas Apprendrer mais Apprendre..

Je juste telecharge deux applications sur mon portable, je me trouve ca tres bien, alors j'aimerai partager les noms des applications..

You doing good in your french, but you still need to know some basic rules in french,

Je voudrais vous encourager, for example this sentence, the person + the person you are referring to + the verb..

We are all learning here, anywhere you find that i need to be corrected pls do too oooo..

Las las we go dey Canada..

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2019
The applications i marked with the light green colour is the application I'm talking of.

Then this app.. is useful french grammar test, on it app. Icon it has 50,000 wtitten on it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Onebase79(m): 4:19pm On Feb 15, 2019
rs172:
The applications i marked with the light green colour is the application I'm talking of.

Then this app.. is useful french grammar test, on it app. Icon it has 50,000 wtitten on it
Thank you very much for the correction and suggestions. How do you practice speaking?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 5:12pm On Feb 15, 2019
Thank you so very much @nj...., I find your response very enlightening.

All the best in your PPR journey,

[quote author=njbybrthnly post=75750675]Hi Scard,

Well, at first I studied several TEF writing samples which I found on YouTube (Enseignement de FLE channel especially), the TEF books and prepmyfuture.

As suggested by @Bellerin earlier, for the first section, read lots of faits divers articles online. Some popular French journals are le parisien, le monde and figaro. A simple Google search will lead you to their websites.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 5:18pm On Feb 15, 2019
Hello @rs172,

Please are those apps on Android? Because I have checked but couldn't find them.

Thank you,

rs172:

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 7:03pm On Feb 15, 2019
Thank you. As promised some pdfs on logical connectors.

Edit:
In addition, you'll need to practice writing often (this may go without saying but I just thought to put it here)

Scard:
Thank you so very much @nj...., I find your response very enlightening.

All the best in your PPR journey,

2 Shares

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2019
Merci bien. C'est toi qui m'inspire.

You are just a month in and you are already stringing sentences together in french (and on a public forum)!. Tu es plus courageux que moi.
Keep it up and before long, tu vas aussi reussir. Bonne chance!

Onebase79:

So far:

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 9:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
Bonsoir à tous!

Je veux ecrire TEF Canada, mais je ne suis pas sûr quelle dâte est libre àprès le mai pour écrire cette examen
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by dandy00: 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2019
grin wow wow wow... congratulation,
Just like that ... i am really happy for you.

Does that means TEF might guarantee us PNP from some provinces

DanMisla:
Quick update:
Got the TEF attestation; Ontario invited me to apply for PNP, the French-Speakers stream, as hoped.
best wishes.

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 6:14am On Feb 16, 2019
Scard:
Hello @rs172,

Please are those apps on Android? Because I have checked but couldn't find them.

Thank you,

Yes, they are all on the playstore
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 6:20am On Feb 16, 2019
Onebase79:
Thank you very much for the correction and suggestions. How do you practice speaking?

I practice speaking by reading french news, it was someone that posted it here JOURNAL EN FRANCAIS FACILE ( The french there is the C2 French), search for it on google it will bring it out, i read the news first and then listen to the news, I've also got some french text books i read, most times too when I'm alone i speak french to myself then reply (funny tho, but it something i do to improve my french).

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 11:05am On Feb 16, 2019
Merci bien @nj....

Vous etes tres gentil!

Que Dieu vous benise

njbybrthnly:

Edit:
In addition, you'll need to practice writing often (this may go without saying but I just thought to put it here)

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 16, 2019
DanMisla:
Quick update:
Got the TEF attestation; Ontario invited me to apply for PNP, the French-Speakers stream, as hoped.
best wishes.

Does it mean you can't get a direct ITA? That 1500CAD.. Hmmm. Congratulations though.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by amaya21: 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2019
Not at all. You can still get ITA the usual way *if* the points added to you from the TEF exam are equal to or above the CRS cutoff for the draws.

It's just that Ontario sometimes invites people with proven ability in French (i.e. passing scores on TEF or TCF) to apply for their PNP.

ontarioissauga:

Does it mean you can't get a direct ITA? That 1500CAD.. Hmmm. Congratulations though.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 16, 2019
DanMisla:
Meilleurs voeux

Merci!!!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 16, 2019
DanMisla:
Quick update:
best wishes.

Congrats! Tu as encore besoin de PNP?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 4:49pm On Feb 16, 2019
njbybrthnly:

Edit:

NJ.....helping peeps since 1700!

Merci beaucoup

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 16, 2019
Onebase79:

The plan is to self study for the first half of the year, then study solely for the exam over the next half

Well done...keep it up! Great plan you have there....wish you good success!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 5:08pm On Feb 16, 2019
DexterousOne:
Bonsoir à tous!

Je veux ecrire TEF Canada, mais je ne suis pas sûr quelle dâte est libre àprès le mai pour écrire cette examen

Voici l'horaire...screen shot was taken in Nov 2018 not sure if there has been any change...this is for AF Lagos

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Onebase79(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2019
rs172:

Do you mind sharing the link to these apps? I can't find them on playstore. Thank you
njbybrthnly:
Merci bien. C'est toi qui m'inspire.

You are just a month in and you are already stringing sentences together in french (and on a public forum)!. Tu es plus courageux que moi.
Keep it up and before long, tu vas aussi reussir. Bonne chance!

Thanks ma'am. You'll be hearing a lot from me as time goes on. I hope you won't mind.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 8:35pm On Feb 16, 2019
Mamaroon:

Voici l'horaire...screen shot was taken in Nov 2018 not sure if there has been any change...this is for AF Lagos

Merci

How long does it take for the results and "attestation" come out?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Feb 16, 2019
Onebase79:
Do you mind sharing the link to these apps? I can't find them on playstore. Thank you
Thanks ma'am. You'll be hearing a lot from me as time goes on. I hope you won't mind.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=vt.android.flearn

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.anouarhakim.archigenie.grammaire_en_dialoge

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Onebase79(m): 10:30pm On Feb 16, 2019
Merci beaucoup !
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 9:34am On Feb 17, 2019
Onebase79:

I don't really know gow to go about the link of an application from playstore...

Posted below are screenshot i think can be of help.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 9:35am On Feb 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 17, 2019
DexterousOne:

Merci

How long does it take for the results and "attestation" come out?

Six weeks, based on my experience
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 8:36am On Feb 18, 2019
Merci bien, dandy00!
Well...I'm not sure about other provinces, but ON has a French-Speakers' stream:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-french-speaking-skilled-worker-stream

You'd need a CLB7 and above in all French tests, and at least CLB 6 in the English ones. Amongst other requirements...

dandy00:
grin wow wow wow... congratulation,
Just like that ... i am really happy for you.

Does that means TEF might guarantee us PNP from some provinces

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 8:42am On Feb 18, 2019
Sadly not. :-(
I have a Bachelors, et en plus je ne suis plus jeune!
:-)

ontarioissauga:

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 8:51am On Feb 18, 2019
malheureusement, oui. :-(
All factors considered, my CRS was @ 431, with English as first language in the EE profile. I could retake both IELTS/TEF and aim higher, or I could make French my first language, score 359, and get invited by Ontario.
I took the 2nd option.

Mamaroon:

Congrats! Tu as encore besoin de PNP?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (183) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.