Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! (456910 Views)

Writing CIMA For Express Entry?? Lets Meet Here! / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / Those Intending To Travel Out, Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (183) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 11:12am On Feb 18, 2019
Congratulations all the same!!!

I am curious though, did you need to change your profile to French as a first language to be invited by Ontario?

DanMisla:
malheureusement, oui. :-(
All factors considered, my CRS was @ 431, with English as first language in the EE profile. I could retake both IELTS/TEF and aim higher, or I could make French my first language, score 359, and get invited by Ontario.
I took the 2nd option.

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 11:18am On Feb 18, 2019
Bonjour a tous, bien gens a Nairaland TEF,

They say a person that asks questions does not miss road. So please pardon me.

I have read from the experts on this forum that the last 10 questions are the easiest, unfortunately, I find the last 15 the most difficult, as I keep scoring very low in that section, interestingly, I score better in the section B.

Please, are there an "hacks" to getting around them?

Thanks for your responses.
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 18, 2019
DanMisla:
All factors considered, my CRS was @ 431, with English as first language in the EE profile. I could retake both IELTS/TEF and aim higher, or I could make French my first language, score 359, and get invited by Ontario.
I took the 2nd option.

Wow! Mighty big congratulations on the PNP then. J'espere que VOUS etes tres heureux...Il faut vouvoyer a cause de votre age cheesy

Je vous souhaite bonne chance avec le OINP.

Mehn....I'm understanding more and more why immigrants are driven to excel......all this wahala. ..by God's grace you "must to succeed"...not only for PPR but in Canny land in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 18, 2019
Scard:
Bonjour a tous, bien gens a Nairaland TEF,

They say a person that asks questions does not miss road. So please pardon me.

I have read from the experts on this forum that the last 10 questions are the easiest, unfortunately, I find the last 15 the most difficult, as I keep scoring very low in that section, interestingly, I score better in the section B.

Please, are there an "hacks" to getting around them?

Thanks for your responses.

First 10 and last 10 is the tip for CE. ..reading (I think)..is this where you are finding it difficult?

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DanMisla: 11:55am On Feb 18, 2019
Oh yes...absolutely. Apparently, that's about the only way they can identify your profile.
Most likely that they don't have advanced software that can sort through the thousands of applications.

Scard:
Congratulations all the same!!!

I am curious though, did you need to change your profile to French as a first language to be invited by Ontario?

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
Yes last 10....... actually, last 15. From 36-50

Mamaroon:

First 10 and last 10 is the tip for CE. ..reading (I think)..is this where you are finding it difficult?
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2019
Scard:
Yes last 10....... actually, last 15. From 36-50

See attached tips from prepmyfutur...hope it helps

36 to 40

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
41 to 45

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2019
46 to 50

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 18, 2019
DanMisla:
I took the 2nd option.

grin vous avez utilise les accents...NL les a efface

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Scard: 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
Thanks a lot.

I will study them and try to apply the knowledge.

Merci Bien

Mamaroon:
45 to 50
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by dandy00: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2019
smiley
Thank you for sharing...
kindly respond to my email request
plssss

DanMisla:
Merci bien, dandy00!
Well...I'm not sure about other provinces, but ON has a French-Speakers' stream:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontarios-express-entry-french-speaking-skilled-worker-stream

You'd need a CLB7 and above in all French tests, and at least CLB 6 in the English ones. Amongst other requirements...

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by awahnnenna: 8:57am On Feb 19, 2019
Please where can I register for the tef exam
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Feb 19, 2019
DanMisla:
Sadly not. :-(
I have a Bachelors, et en plus je ne suis plus jeune!
:-)

You took a better decision. Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by princesschuks: 5:56pm On Feb 19, 2019
awahnnenna:
Please where can I register for the tef exam

Alliance Francais
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by amaya21: 2:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
Any news on TCF exams for Lagos? I'm interested although I will likely not write till June because of speaking. The waiting time for TEF is just too long.

Scard:
Tanks for the explanation @Mamaroon, may your next exam be favourable to you.

Also, is anyone here considering the TCF Exam? Alliance Francaise Lagos is not taking it yet, but when I called, the lady said if they have enough people making the request they can decide to start taking it.

Please, if you are interested, let's know ourselves and plan a way forward.

My main reason is the fact that you can pick up your results within 15 days as against TEF which is 2 months

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by DexterousOne(m): 3:30pm On Feb 20, 2019
amaya21:
Any news on TCF exams for Lagos? I'm interested although I will likely not write till June because of speaking. The waiting time for TEF is just too long.

I'm also considering the tcf exams as well

I want some thing that I would write and the result be out ASAP!
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 7:49pm On Feb 20, 2019
Hi guys. I hope we're all progressing along steadily in our studies for the French exam. I have a few words that may encourage us even more:

I HAVE GOTTEN PPR!!!!!!!!!!!!
AOR: December 14, 2018
PPR: February 20, 2019

I remember when my TEF results came out, hubby always used to say that our app processing time will be very short because Canada is looking for bilingual people grin. I just used to nod in agreement but it's like IRCC decided to prove him right o.

That aside though, I give God all the glory. He has come through for me in a very specific way (honestly I feel like before now He had left me in the care of His angels and then sometime last year, He singled me out and decided to place His hand on my head...blessings upandan, left, right and centre) and I didn't even need to beg and cry. First, with the TEF (which I did as a trial run not knowing He had other plans), and now this, PPR in 9 weeks 5 days post-AOR, with loads of other blessings inbetween. Words can't express how grateful I feel right now.

So, in case you're looking for something extra to motivate you, let's test my oga's theory which states that, EE applications with good IELTS and additional points from TEF/TCF results have a very short processing time grin grin grin grin

Who knows? Hubby might be on to something wink. Let's keep at it guys, you could be next.

I'm so overwhelmed that my head is even paining me cry

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by princesschuks: 8:51pm On Feb 20, 2019
njbybrthnly:
Hi guys. I hope we're all progressing along steadily in our studies for the French exam. I have a few words that may encourage us even more:

Congrats ma'am

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by rs172(m): 9:23pm On Feb 20, 2019
njbybrthnly:

I remember when my TEF results came out, hubby always used to say that our app processing time will be very short because Canada is looking for bilingual people grin. I just used to nod in agreement but it's like IRCC decided to prove him right o.

That aside though, I give God all the glory. He has come through for me in a very specific way (honestly I feel like before now He had left me in the care of His angels and then sometime last year, He singled me out and decided to place His hand on my head...blessings upandan, left, right and centre) and I didn't even need to beg and cry. First, with the TEF (which I did as a trial run not knowing He had other plans), and now this, PPR in 9 weeks 5 days post-AOR, with loads of other blessings inbetween. Words can't express how grateful I feel right now.

So, in case you're looking for something extra to motivate you, let's test my oga's theory which states that, EE applications with good IELTS and additional points from TEF/TCF results have a very short processing time grin grin grin grin

Who knows? Hubby might be on to something wink. Let's keep at it guys, you could be next.

Felicitations Madame, je ne vous connais jamais que vous etes une femme...

2 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 20, 2019
njbybrthnly:

That aside though, I give God all the glory.

NJ NJ NJ!!! How many times did I call you? Na PPR you announce coole like that?!! shocked

I am thrilled and excited and happy for you sis!!!

You are an encouragement to us on this TEF thread....see how you were rewarded with super speed processing...even IRCC recognises that you are really Naija By Birth Only.. wink

Praise be to God for His goodness to you!

Oya send my booli and epa...as promised

All the very best kiss

4 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Gabzi28: 10:25pm On Feb 20, 2019
njbybrthnly:

congratulations!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Nobody: 11:15pm On Feb 20, 2019
njbybrthnly:

NJayyyyyyyyyyyyy! Wawuuuuu!!! Big Congratulations!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by Bhussola: 11:36pm On Feb 20, 2019
@NJ, congratulations!!!! It's like watching a movie from start to finish. God is truly faithful. Thank God for perfecting it all to finish....your journey is a motivation.
njbybrthnly:

3 Likes

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 1:06am On Feb 21, 2019
Thanks a lot boss

Ohiomoba5:

Congratulations o!!!!!!.i m so happy for you..
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 1:07am On Feb 21, 2019
Thanks ma'am.

princesschuks:

Congrats ma'am
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 1:09am On Feb 21, 2019
Hehehehe grin grin grin

Alors, maintenant tu le connais. Merci beaucoup

rs172:

Felicitations Madame, je ne vous connais jamais que vous etes une femme...

Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 1:24am On Feb 21, 2019
Mamaroon o...abeg no vex. Since I saw the mail ehn, my head has been full. I can't think straight again.

But don't worry, your boli...I don dey prepare am. Not with epa o (u have big pass dat level na) but with roasted fish and beta pepper sauce...PH style. Expect the package soon.

Honestly, na una dey encourage me pass for this thread. Loooool @ the bolded

Mamaroon:

NJ NJ NJ!!! How many times did I call you? Na PPR you announce coole like that?!! shocked

I am thrilled and excited and happy for you sis!!!

You are an encouragement to us on this TEF thread....see how you were rewarded with super speed processing...even IRCC recognises that you are really Naija By Birth Only.. wink

Praise be to God for His goodness to you!

Oya send my booli and epa...as promised

All the very best kiss
Re: All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! by njbybrthnly: 1:26am On Feb 21, 2019
Thanks Gabzi

Gabzi28:
congratulations!

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (183) (Reply)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Italian Student Visa-help! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

Viewing this topic: Kunfu(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.