Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,407 members, 7,853,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Resolution From Uyo Senatorial District Stakeholders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Resolution From Uyo Senatorial District Stakeholders (429 Views)

Akwa Ibom Bans Street Traders, Illegal Markets From Uyo Metropolitan / Udom Emmanuel's Road Infrastructural Development In Uyo Senatorial District / Confusion Over Winner Of PDP Primary In Saraki’s Senatorial District (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Resolution From Uyo Senatorial District Stakeholders by Globalconcord(m): 6:46am On Aug 13, 2018
Gov. Udom's victory in 2019 is a battle for USD - Effiong Bob

*Canvasses supports for OBA

*As USD stakeholders meet

By Richard Peters

A Frontline politician in Akwa Ibom State, the Distinguished Senator Effiong Dickson Bob has stressed that the battle for Governor Udom Emmanuel’s re-election in 2019 is basically a battle for Uyo Senatorial District, as it serves as the acid test for power to return to the area in 2023.

Senator Effiong Bob dropped the hint on Saturday during a crucial meeting of Uyo Senatorial District Stakeholders in Uyo.

Speaking to the stakeholders at the occasion, Bob explained that Uyo and Ikot Ekpene Senatorial Districts completed their 8 years tenures respectively, before handing over power to Eket Senatorial District in 2015; adding that the rotation will again favour Uyo Senatorial District in 2023, and any attempt to shift post, will truncate the zoning arrangements. He therefore insisted that the people of Uyo Senatorial District will not give in for anybody or group of persons who attempt to truncate the chances of Uyo Senatorial District clinching the governorship slot in 2023.

Senator Effiong Bob used the occasion to declare his unalloyed support for Senator Bassey Albert Akpan (OBA), Senator representing Akwa Ibom North East Senatorial District. He thanked Senator Bassey Albert Akpan for standing firm in PDP, adding that he (OBA) is a man of character and integrity, who resisted juicy offers and pressures from the powers that be, and has shunned defection to keep the pride of Uyo Senatorial District.

He appealed to those aspiring to go to the Senate in Uyo Senatorial District to hold on for now and support Bassey Albert Akpan for a second term.

In his words: “I speak because I have children, I speak because there’s tomorrow, I speak because there is God. I appeal to those aspiring to go to the Senate, to hold on for now and to support Bassey Albert Akpan for a second term. With the unfolding development in the State, we will need a high ranking member in the Senate in 2019 for the collective interest of Uyo Senatorial District. Please lay down the arms, we will discuss Uyo matter. In politics, there is negotiation, there’s substitution by elimination. We want to face this battle as a body, a people united with the fear of God and hope in God.”

He emphasized on the need for other senatorial aspirants to come together, discuss and negotiate, and prayed for God’s blessings, favour and supports upon OBA, to enable win in his second term bid to speak for the good people of Uyo Senatorial District at the Red Chamber.

In his remarks, Senator Bassey Albert (OBA) assured that he will not betray the trust and confidence the people of Uyo Senatorial District have in him by abandoning PDP for any personal gains. He restated his family's resolve to remain in PDP and to support Governor Udom Emmanuel for a second term.

"No matter the battle, Udom Emmanuel will win the election. God will not share his glory with any man. No man born by any woman can stop the destiny of any human" "I will never disappoint you, Uyo Senatorial District", OBA assured.

The Chairman of the PDP in Akwa Ibom State - Obong Paul Ekpo, the Speaker of the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Onofiok Luke, Otuekong Idongesit Nkanga, Senator Anietie Okon and other top stakeholders of the PDP in Uyo Senatorial District, spoke in unison, encouraging people not to be bothered about the "uncommon defector", adding that they (PDP) will come out stronger.

They expressed optimism that Governor Udom Emmanuel will contest the election and win convincingly without someone claiming credit for it. They said that they're people known for integrity, hence, their stance on the principle of rotation; while they assured Governor Emmanuel their total supports.

At the end of the stakeholders meeting, the people resolved to reaffirm commitment to the unity of Akwa Ibom State as an indivisible entity, made up of three (3) Senatorial Districts: Akwa Ibom North-East (Uyo); Akwa Ibom North-West (Ikot Ekpene) and Akwa Ibom South (Eket), under the leadership of His Excellency, Mr Udom Gabriel Emmanuel, devoid of ethnic colouration and bigotry.

A communique which was issued at the end of the stakeholders meeting reads in part: "Accordingly, the Stakeholders urged all sons and daughters of Akwa Ibom North-East (Uyo) Senatorial District, to continue to mobilize support for Governor Udom Emmanuel’s re-election in 2019 and resist schemes of mischief makers, noting that it is the surest way to guarantee continued peace, development and progress in Akwa Ibom State. The meeting also resolved that power must return to Akwa Ibom North-East (Uyo) Senatorial District in 2023."

1 Share

Re: Resolution From Uyo Senatorial District Stakeholders by dukie25: 7:09am On Aug 13, 2018
I agree with the resolution even though I'm not from Akwa Ibom.

(1) (Reply)

Electricity Generation Drops To 2,684MW / Buhari Is Hiding Behind Rascals To Do His Bidding by Soibi Ransom / Plateau State Governor, Simon Lalong Spotted Buying Groundnut From Street Hawker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.