Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) (4099 Views)

Obaseki Is An Ingrate, Ayiri Emami Blasts Chief Edwin Clark / And Senator Bukola Saraki Became A Laughing Stock: / Senator Bukola Saraki In Lagos To Meet With PDP Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Butterflyle0: 5:39pm On Aug 13, 2018
Open Letter to Senator Bukola Saraki from Chief Edwin Clark.

PERSONAL OPEN LETTER TO SENATOR BUKOLA SARAKI, THE ELDEST SON OF MY BOSSOM FRIEND, THE LATE SENATOR (DR) OLUSOLA SARAKI, FORMER LEADER OF THE 2ND REPUBLIC SENATE....

My Dear Son,

I believe this my unusual Open Letter will not come to you as a surprise, however, whatever embarrassment or inconveniences it will cause you, I have no regret, having regard to the issue raised therein.

I read with grief the statement made by one Mr Femi Ogunsola, eldest son of late Pa Prof, Albert Ogunsola who recently passed on at the age of 90. The name Prof Ogunsola rang bell when I remembered that my late friend and political associate and your father, Senator (Dr) Olusola Saraki, (Waziri Ilorin), mentioned to me his desire to recommend one of the sons of Pa Prof Ogunsola as a Minister and that his son Senator Bukola Saraki who was then the Governor of Kwara State and who was very close to the presidency, wanted another candidate.

Later again, he informed me that he has agreed to support the candidate nominated by his son. This was ever before the show of shame exhibited by your own father mainly because he did support your younger sister, Senator Gbemi Saraki becoming Governor of Kwara State and you being the one that will openly fight him against that.

However, after you had arrogantly triumphed and humiliated your father and your sister, and greedily seized the central seat, you even encouraged your followers to derogate and call your sister unprintable names.

These were the real grievances and the pains of your late father, Senator (Dr.) Olusola Saraki, the Iroko of Kwara State who visited me with about six of his supporters at my T.Y. Danjuma residence, Asokoro, Abuja after the 2011 Gubernatorial elections in Kwara State, he said he wanted to correct certain impression that has been created in the media after the 2011 election and that the Media has reported that he has settled with his son (Bukola Saraki) and I replied that I read about it.

He replied that the statement was not true and that all he did was to return to PDP as a result of pressure from his well wishers and this should not be misconstrued as a reconciliation with his
son, Bukola. He went further to state that he has no reason for an immediate reconciliation with his son whom he did everything for, but he "naked" him in public. He went on to cite an instance to support his statement to me.

He said one of his sons has just married in Spain and he directed that you, Bukola should not be allowed to attend the wedding ceremony in
Spain. He left my house a dejected and frustrated father. I was away in London for my medical check-up when my good friend, Senator (Dr.) Olusola Saraki, who was my closest friend in the Second Republic passed on. I immediately phoned you from London but your Aid who answered my telephone said you were very busy with your father’s funeral ceremony.

On my return to Nigeria, I sent a delegation of 3 including Professor Saliba Mukoro, Prince E. K. Okojie and Chief Richard Lamai to represent me at the “40-day Fidau”. They met you, Senator Gbemi Saraki and your mother, Mrs Florence Saraki. While it is true, I have nothing to benefit from a “Thank You” from the great “Senator Bukola Saraki”, because it is normal for courtesy to return from such kind gesture for an Elder who was a friend of your father. However, it did not come to me as a surprise.

Thereafter, I phoned your mother to commiserate with her and to fix a date for me to visit her in lagos. She replied, she was planning to visit me in Abuja to appeal to me to reconcile you and your sister Gbemi, I accepted her request. Immediately I went into action and every attempt to contact you with the same telephone number with
which I phoned you in London has failed for the past 9 months. I went further to contact some of the friends of your late father who were with him in the organisation known as “Northern Union” and you deliberately refused to contact me
and I felt upset, dejected and sad, as you can be my biological son, and I remember many years ago when you were in Kings College, Lagos and my nephew, Engr. Ebiakpor Clark. But I did not know that other prominent Nigerians were also
making serious effort to reconcile you and your sister until I read the statement by Mr. Femi Ogunsola as published in the Nation Newspaper 20th November, 2013 at page 57, where he lamented as reproduced hereunder:

"His late father’s (Pa Prof Ogunsola) only regret was his inability to reconcile Senator Bukola Saraki and his younger sister, Senator Gbemisola Saraki." The younger Ogunsola, a Commissioner representing Kwara State at the Federal Character Commission (FCC), added “I remember his last words were "what will I tell Dr. Saraki if I meet him again; if the differences between the brother and sister are not resolved" “Even on his death bed, he said Saraki’s children are vital to the continued peace in Kwara”.

It is therefore, with great pain I join the late Professor Ogunsola to appeal to you to climb down from your “political Throne” which you have seized from your father without his blessings and humble yourself from arrogance of power.
You should remember that power belongs to God and he gives it to whom he chooses, and no one can arrogate to himself which Allah did not give to him and learn humility because nothing you do and no matter your masquerading as a political leader of Kwara State which you believed you genuinely inherited from your father, Kwara State can never be the same again.

No amount of celebration anybody makes during the 1st Anniversary of Senator (Dr.) Olusola Saraki, except such person shows remorse and openly ask for forgiveness for the wrong done to your father.

Finally, I repeat, I have no regret in addressing this open letter to you, because what you did to the late Professor Ogunsola in refusing the 90 years old man reconcile you with your younger sister, Gbemi when he was alive, may also happen to me when I am dead and I do not want my son to do like Femi Ogunsola did, and to tell the world that I regretted for not been able to reconcile Bukola and Gbemi as requested by their mother. Once again, I appeal to you as a son, to climb down from your high office and put your pride and arrogance aside and face the realities of life, because, your father, Olusola and I have seen it all.

Thank you and God bless.

Yours sincerely,
SIGNED
CHIEF (DR) EDWIN KIAGBODO CLARK OFR, CON, FORMER FEDERAL MINISTER OF INFORMATION

http://adeyemijuwon.com.ng/2017/07/31/open-letter-to-senator-bukola-saraki-from-chief-edwin-clark/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by weyreypey: 5:57pm On Aug 13, 2018
This is not what Buhari or Osinbajo would do. Op you are on your own.
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by dheilaw1(m): 6:01pm On Aug 13, 2018
Nigerians expected you wrote the same letter to Jonathan when he was busy stealing and mismanaging the nation's resources. but instead you chose to steal alongside him with proxy

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by rusep: 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
Touching
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 13, 2018
Edwin Clark is just blabbing and a frustrated old man...

Edwin has no single morality in him coz he uses Niger delta youth to amass wealth and live in abuja luxury...while his people suffers at home...

Saraki is a politician and wants to continue in his politics.....so I see no betrayal...

Olusola is an old man...Saraki is a young man with future political career

So Mr Clark carry ur letter enter creek or e be like say avenger amnesty money done finish

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by seunmsg(m): 6:13pm On Aug 13, 2018
We are only interested in the impeachment of Saraki and nothing else. Whether Bukky and Gbemi reconciles before Clark dies is their family problem.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Philistine(m): 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2018
The fall of Saraki is imminent.... it is only a matter of time.

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by rajiraymond(m): 6:17pm On Aug 13, 2018
They say, "A word is enough for a wise"

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by KINGOFTHEEAST: 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2018
I know a BMC agent concocted this rubbish and to think the op is a known member says it all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by kenoc: 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2018
Dr. Bukola Saraki should humble himself, confess his sins and seek for forgiveness before it is too late.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by alhassanyusuf29(m): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2018
true talk!
dheilaw1:
Nigerians expected you wrote the same letter to Jonathan when he was busy stealing and mismanaging the nation's resources. but instead you chose to steal alongside him with proxy

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by jared007: 6:47pm On Aug 13, 2018
E.k Clark is using style to destroy Saraki b4 the election. Saraki would not be left alone until he drops the crown he took 4rm Apc.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by SolutionMee: 6:49pm On Aug 13, 2018
Just an open letter

I'm waiting for a closed letter as well
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by orisa37: 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2018
Bukola, Chief Edwin Clerk is too much of a Supporter to lose in the Delta. So please visit him, reconcile and appologise to him. He is a good Christian and one who will like to make Heaven. He will forgive you.
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by MartinCorridon: 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
Left to me, i would still say the Saraki rift is a stunt to divide political opponents.

Read up the real meaning of MESUJAMBA.

Saraki is a mesujamba personified. Too mischievous and cunning.
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 13, 2018
When will they read open letter to Buhari asking him to resign due to illness?

Buhari should resign on health grounds

We must uphold the law of the Fderal Republic of Nigeria

Saraki will not resign

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Dreamkiller: 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2018
edwin clark goodmorning. remember what nnamdi kanu told you but you refused

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Corrinthians(m): 7:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
Finally, I repeat, I have no regret in addressing this open letter to you, because what you did to the late Professor Ogunsola in refusing the 90 years old man reconcile you with your younger sister, Gbemi when he was alive, may also happen to me when I am dead and I do not want my son to do like Femi Ogunsola did, and to tell the world that I regretted for not been able to reconcile Bukola and Gbemi as requested by their mother.

Once again, I appeal to you as a son, to climb down from your high office and put your pride and arrogance aside and face the realities of life, because, your father, Olusola and I have seen it all.
shocked shocked shocked

Edwin Clarke is looking for serious trouble from PDP cum Saraki's die hard fans. Let me sit by the sidelines and watch them rip the ol man apart.

After all, I'm q fan of neither of them. grin
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by benben1000: 7:26pm On Aug 13, 2018
Philistine:
The fall of Saraki is imminent.... it is only a matter of time.
Keep fooling yourself. Saraki is backed by foreign powers who have anointed him. They provide him with intelligence on every plans APC has and they have a team helping him to navigate through this. Saraki is not a small boy...he is the most connected politician in Nigeria to foreign powers...you see him having meetings and cocktails with US, British, German, Chinese, Russian and French ambassadors monthly. You think those meetings are play? SMH. Someone that dismantled his father's dynasty? Don't mess with Saraki.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Iamgrey5(m): 7:31pm On Aug 13, 2018
How recent is this letter?

i don't think it was written recently because I saw something like "during the first anniversary of Olusola's death", which isn't recently.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 13, 2018
clark with due respect to hustle...

you're a fool..

only say your boys are loyal.. you for don collect tey tey..

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by ERockson: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2018
What type of useless letter is this from Clark? Only a fool will say Bukola and Gbemi are fighting when they not but only playing on Kwarans intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by wristbangle: 7:42pm On Aug 13, 2018
I remember the days of Olusola saraki, the father of bukola as Kwara state governor, the pace of development and economic activities was booming. Infra structural, economic and education developments were all his ideology. When he died, Kwara state decomposition kicked as bukola saraki further worsen the situation.

I'm not an advocate of PDP and APC riff raff war but bukola saraki was a bad governor. Kwara people in the house can testify to this.

As for Edwin Clark, this man has a bad reputation. Well na them sabi! All is for selfish interest. Wouldn't be surprised he was paid to write this Crap.
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by alterswerve(m): 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2018
^
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Corrinthians(m): 8:01pm On Aug 13, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Edwin Clark is just blabbing and a frustrated old man...

Edwin has no single morality in him coz he uses Niger delta youth to amass wealth and live in abuja luxury...while his people suffers at home...

Saraki is a politician and wants to continue in his politics.....so I see no betrayal...

Olusola is an old man...Saraki is a young man with future political career

So Mr Clark carry ur letter enter creek or e be like say avenger amnesty money done finish
One of the biggest gaffes you PDP supporters always make is that you tend to quickly insult those you share common interests with who just happen to make a statement or two that don't align with your tunnel vision, even though the broader objective of projecting PDP still remains unchanged.

Clerk is a diehard PDP supporter and sponsor. Herr you are cursing him just because of Saraki who barely switched lane yesterday. Tomorrow, maybe, just maybe, the same Clerk would take a swipe at the FG.

Now when he does that would he cease being all that you've painted him to be?

You guys are too emotional about politics. Try to apply more of your mind than your hearts. That is what politics needs. wink

4 Likes

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by osazeeblue01: 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2018
OK.... Next
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by femidejulius(m): 8:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
So basically, Mr Clark was of the opinion that Bukola Saraki should have supported her sister to be governor after he spent 8 years in the same office and she was also a senator so that Kwara state should directly become their family estate.

No pa Edwin Clark. Saraki did well by standing against his dad. The family cannot continue to run kwara as their estate.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2018
Saraki will kill some people with high blood pressure.. Chai..

Okay let's me make it clear,no matter the opponent PDP put they will win 2019..

Buhari failed

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 13, 2018
You lazy masses who support one politician over another can now confirm that you basically slaves. The power brokers work with families and bloodlines and this aged ancestor believes he has written a letter now, but even his letter his filled with anger that he has not been recognized by Saraki. He is addressing Sarakis as if they own Kwara.

His main intention is to reconcile them, so he can continue to chop from them. It has nothing to do with Nigeria or Nigerians. They all own houses at Abuja where the yam is shared.

Those who support politicians are slaves. They only work for their pockets.
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by Albinoflash(m): 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2018
J
Re: Open Letter To Senator Bukola Saraki From Chief Edwin Clark (Old Letter) by bakila: 10:15pm On Aug 13, 2018
orisa37:
Bukola, Chief Edwin Clerk is too much of a Supporter to lose in the Delta. So please visit him, reconcile and appologise to him. He is a good Christian and one who will like to make Heaven. He will forgive you.
The guy will abuse him tomorrow. Do no forget that Chief Clark may not have forgiven Saraki for his volte face to Jonathan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nine Yoruba Nigerians Awarded In The US / Prophet Odumeje Seen Crawling & Praying For Power To Uproot 5G & Corona On Mount / Timi Frank Urges Lawan, Gbajabiamila To Withhold NDDC’s 2020 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.