Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

List Of APC Senators - Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of APC Senators - Vanguard (36854 Views)

Insecurity: How Security Chiefs Secured Confidence Of Senators – Vanguard / APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari / How APC Senators Were Welcomed To PDP After Defecting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Lomprico2: 7:38am On Aug 14, 2018
RockHard:
How many Senators voted to make Saraki SP again?

Some of those in this list (r-apc) the ones who just defected and the rest of other parties.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Don27tiky(m): 7:39am On Aug 14, 2018
Not complete Barnabas Gemade of Benue is also Apc
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by adisabarber(m): 7:39am On Aug 14, 2018
senatordave1:

I think apc should test the law and constitution by claiming to impeach saraki with a simple majority.this will force him to go to court and seek redress while the security bars him from nass

Not after the big blunder by DSS last week
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Butterflyle0: 7:41am On Aug 14, 2018
bedspread:
Ok... Not yet 73..

16 More needed ....

Maybe APC should go to Ghana and Borrow some of their Senators...

73 is not needed. There is an ambiguity in that portion of the constitution.

Feel free to consult a lawyer to open your eyes to this truth and stop jumping up and down with that 73 number.

If you like I can lecture you on it too.

2 Likes

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by mknigeriagreat: 7:42am On Aug 14, 2018
senatordave1:

I think apc should test the law and constitution by claiming to impeach saraki with a simple majority.this will force him to go to court and seek redress while the security bars him from nass

Lol. You are really vexing for Saraki o. See game plan. Laffssss and he will be busy in court till February when there will be general election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by adeoba2008(m): 7:43am On Aug 14, 2018
Wait ooo.
Uncle Dino said four APC Senators will join them when they resume.

I know the Senators will not resume to consider the INEC Budget. Buhari should just return home since the game plan has failed. Kilo run Ku ?

Abeg. Don't forget to check my signature for your own good.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by solex04(m): 7:45am On Aug 14, 2018
sholatech:
Senator Joshua Dariye is currently out of Senate. While he is in APC, he is currently inactive and more or less his seat unoccupied.
You are actually right.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Angy55(f): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2018
bedspread:
Ok... Not yet 73..

16 More needed ....

Reminds me of a movie 'Designated survivor'. Season 1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Albinoflash(m): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2018
madridguy:
Gathering our senators for the job tongue Don't ask me which job? If you know you know.
once it says sariki,u must comment.heart attack is real o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by bakila: 7:47am On Aug 14, 2018
aolawale025:
Why not just manage saraki same way GEJ managed tambuwal
With teargaa? Tambuwal's APC was in the majority when he became Soeaker.

1 Like

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Makanjuola89: 7:47am On Aug 14, 2018
bedspread:
Ok... Not yet 73..

16 More needed ....

How many senators voted Saraki as SP?
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by lagosrd: 7:47am On Aug 14, 2018
BabaRamota1980:
So thats 109 Senators - 55APC

= 34 PDP. grin

Lets move forward, APC has more than 2/3 majority as it is.

54 PDP

1 Like

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by funmise007(m): 7:48am On Aug 14, 2018
Can somebody come out here and tell me all the PDP senators love saraki and his polity and that no one will snitch on him among PDP.....hehehe

3 Likes

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by 2odd(m): 7:48am On Aug 14, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

Some people don't know what the constitution says. I don't support all these political fights but if APC senators invade the house without the PDP ones knowing, all they need is 2/3 of the sitting senators that day to impeach saraki. That is the same way he came in. Most of the APC senators were in ICC when he was being sworn in as the senate president. That is why those pdp senators ran to the national assembly the day DSS invaded that place. 2/3 of the number of senators present will impeach saraki and he knows.
Shut up!! ,Wat rubbish are you spouting ,
Cho Cho Cho Cho Cho, if you don't Know be wat you are saying keep shut,
Pls ,go and read the nigerian Constitution section 50 ,all of that section ..
Wat does it mean where it state ,the senate president shall ceased to be to the senate president .

(b) when the House of which he was a member first sits after any dissolution of that House; or
Explain the context THAT HOUSE
Does it mean the dissolution of 2/3 majority of those setting at a plenary ??

(c) if he is removed from office by a resolution of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House.
Explain to me in simple languages
Where THAT HOUSE in section 50(2)c is different from Section 50(2)b
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by lagosrd: 7:49am On Aug 14, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Feel free to consult a lawyer to open your eyes to this truth and stop jumping up and down with that 73 number.

So is it your job to solve the ambiguity in the constitution or do you think motor park strategy is deployed. If care is not taken oshiomole and his band wagon will set this country on fire.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Johnnyessence(m): 7:49am On Aug 14, 2018
afroniger:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/list-of-apc-senators/

this list is fake again, philip aduda isn't there at all. senator philip aduda has debunked the rumour of joining Apc. this list is fake.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by akaahs(m): 7:50am On Aug 14, 2018
kurt09:
Good development. Saraki days as Senate President are numbered. Still standing with Buhari for better Nigeria.
How many numbers are needed to unsit saraki Mr APC man
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by mknigeriagreat: 7:51am On Aug 14, 2018
Butterflyle0:

You should leave some of these SS1 students alone they ain't worth your time. The same Saraki that was elected under the noses of only 57 senators present? Now to impeach him they are shouting 73. If he knows that 73 senators are needed to unseat him, why where they fighting DSS that day and trying to force themselves in since APC has less than 55 senators? I don't know how a new Assembly can legally commence without the proclamation of the President of the Federation Republic. And he sat, commenced the senate while the president was to meet with them in ICC? Buhari not being a real politician gave him too much space and he over stepped his boundaries. The likes of Tinubu and the rest knew what they were saying trying to step him down from his illegally acquired senate presidency. God help this country.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Minjim: 7:51am On Aug 14, 2018
sholatech:
Senator Joshua Dariye is currently out of Senate. While he is in APC, he is currently inactive and more or less his seat unoccupied.

The topic simply says "List of Apc senators."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by bestviewer: 7:51am On Aug 14, 2018
Rubbish

Saraki remains the Senate President.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by emmangrace: 7:51am On Aug 14, 2018
tuniski:

They can't do nothing to saraki!
You can only say that in Kwara state, but in Nigeria senate Saraki is a goner.

2 Likes

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Greyworld: 7:51am On Aug 14, 2018
Angy55:

Reminds me of a movie 'Designated survivor'. Season 1.
pure matured politics. waitin for season 3
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Etfash(m): 7:54am On Aug 14, 2018
As a Senate President, how well has Saraki faired? I feel we should be more concerned about his performance in that office than debating partisan politics.

For me, the issue of whether or not to impeach Saraki is predicated on personal and not national interest. To this end, I will advise that we ignore this group of self-centered deceitful and highly unpatriotic fellows. Let's work hard to ignore and replace them in due course.
Nigeria must be great again!

1 Like

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by JusticeSeeker: 7:56am On Aug 14, 2018
Amitez:
APC keep hallucinating. Aduda is PDP, Dariye is in prison, two newly elected candidates cannot vote for now. So simply put APC have active 53 members and PDP 53 active members.

When plenary resumes on September 24th, five of those mentioned who decamped from PDP would be declared non-senators and the two new ones sworn in. Thereafter, APC can test their strength.

APC should just lick their wounds. It is called KARMA. Shey they were praising Tambulwa in 2014? Nntoooor grin
What are you high on? Why will you be hallucinating in the day time like this? Let the maggot in Saraki's head lead him to declare those seats vacant and you will see what becomes of that house.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by odomanis: 7:56am On Aug 14, 2018
kurt09:
Good development. Saraki days as Senate President are numbered. Still standing with Buhari for better Nigeria.

Your party needs 73 members to remove Saraki. Even among the 57 you claim you have,some of them cant vote against Saraki. Example is Shehu Sani.Mind you,it is only Saraki that has the constitutional powers to convene the Senate.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Butterflyle0: 7:56am On Aug 14, 2018
lagosrd:

So is it your job to solve the ambiguity in the constitution or do you think motor park strategy is deployed. If care is not taken oshiomole and his band wagon will set this country on fire.

Nobody is setting anywhere on fire. Its the job of the courts to address the ambiguity but this cannot be done unless there is a lawsuit filed to that effect and you cannot just file a law suit without an " infraction" to the law being committed.

Notice I put infraction in quotes and that's because it may also not be an infraction based on interpretation of that portion of the constitution.

The constitution is silent regarding number of senators to be present but is very clear regarding percentage of votes required.

The only hint it gave regarding number of senators is the word MAJORITY which itself is ambiguous because same majority could also.mean a number greater than half the total number of senators in the senate.

Total senators is 109

Any number such as 55 senators or above form a Majority of the members of the house.

That is the loophole in that constitution and saraki can be impeached based on this. He can thereafter go and seek redress in court but would no longer be senate president while doing so.

Case can be adjourned and readjourned until after the elections in 2019 at which point the lawsuit would become useless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Butterflyle0: 7:59am On Aug 14, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

You should leave some of these SS1 students alone they ain't worth your time. The same Saraki that was elected under the noses of only 57 senators present? Now to impeach him they are shouting 73. If he knows that 73 senators are needed to unseat him, why where they fighting DSS that day and trying to force themselves in since APC has less than 55 senators? I don't know how a new Assembly can legally commence without the proclamation of the President of the Federation Republic. And he sat, commenced the senate while the president was to meet with them in ICC? Buhari not being a real politician gave him too much space and he over stepped his boundaries. The likes of Tinubu and the rest knew what they were saying trying to step him down from his illegally acquired senate presidency. God help this country.

And you can hear the legal illiterates supporting his illegality too without pausing to first understand its far reaching implications.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by mknigeriagreat: 7:59am On Aug 14, 2018
2odd:

Shut up!! ,Wat rubbish are you spouting ,
Cho Cho Cho Cho Cho, if you don't Know be wat you are saying keep shut,
Pls ,go and read the nigerian Constitution section 50 ,all of that section ..
Wat does it mean where it state ,the senate president shall ceased to be to the senate president .

(b) when the House of which he was a member first sits after any dissolution of that House; or
Explain the context THAT HOUSE
Does it mean the dissolution of 2/3 majority of those setting at a plenary ??

(c) if he is removed from office by a resolution of the Senate or of the House of Representatives, as the case may be, by the votes of not less than two-thirds majority of the members of that House.
Explain to me in simple languages
Where THAT HOUSE in section 50(2)c is different from Section 50(2)b

Since you have resulted into insult and abuse this will be the last time I will quote you. 2/3 of any quorum formed will impeach saraki and he knows that was why he if fighting any sitting without him present like last week own. speak with a lawyer that knows and you will be properly educated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by AngelicBeing: 7:59am On Aug 14, 2018
bedspread:
Ok... Not yet 73..

16 More needed ....

shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:01am On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

Saraki's brain is a supercomputer to you zombies.
diz are nitwits who doesn't suspect any one abokish in nature and they are so impervious to the glaring truth that The real reason buhari and APC are having problems is the habits of use and dump...

APC used buba galadinma and he conquered most core northern states..That man is brazinly conning even his countenance says it all to a well inclined mind though...

I watched and interview where he explained how pmb frolicked him only for pmb not to have even placed him a call after he emerged winner and disregarding allhis efforts...

Back to the point...Please ignore foolllllls bro...Buba galadinma is the leader and founder of R-APC..Earlier this year on AIT focus Nigeria he predicted all that is happening unless they come to identify with him..

But of course in their impunity and usual deceitful arrogance ignored their domestic problems and instead instigated the relegation of Gbenga Aruleba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by TheAdvocate(m): 8:01am On Aug 14, 2018
afroniger:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/list-of-apc-senators/

I am sure you don't even know how someone becomes a senator. The fact that a person won election into the senate and issued with a return certificate doesn't make him a senator yet. There are processes to be done in the senate chambers before he takes his seat.

I am equally surprised that APC is counting a convicted senator as its member. The position of the law is that a convict cannot hold political or civil service job in Nigeria unless pardoned or his conviction is set aside by a court of competent jurisdiction.

Again, during the last senate plenary, 15 senators jointly signed a letter of defection which was read on the floor. One of them protested that he didn't defect and the list was amended and subsequently passed as a resolution of the senate which is a law unto itself. The others like Tejousho and co who never objected cannot parade themselves as members of the senate unless they write the senate again and it will be passed as a resolution of the senate.

Legally too, the defection of Akpabio is also ultravires the law. A senator who seeks to defect must write the senate president that he intends to do so and it will also be passed as a resolution and have the backing of the law. Akpabio is yet to do because he decamped during the recess.

In the case of AGF V. Atiku Abubakar (2005) 10 NWLR, the almighty Supreme Court stated that a senator or house member can only defect when his party is divided at the national level or there is a legal merger of 2 political parties which includes the one he was elected on its platform.

As it is, the seat of Akpabio and all those who decamped without their letter read on the floor of the senate should be declared vacant.

I so moved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Troops Arrest The Mastermind Of The Jos And Zaria Bombing / Wajumogu emerges only Ranking APC Senator from South East / Unknown Gunmen Sack Ubani Police Station Abia State, Set Facility Ablaze (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.