Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

List Of APC Senators - Vanguard - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of APC Senators - Vanguard (36850 Views)

Insecurity: How Security Chiefs Secured Confidence Of Senators – Vanguard / APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari / How APC Senators Were Welcomed To PDP After Defecting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Zico5(m): 8:22am On Aug 14, 2018
kurt09:
Good development. Saraki days as Senate President are numbered. Still standing with Buhari for better Nigeria.
Go and impeach him nah. U don't even know what to say. I didn't even know I was voting for animals in wolves clothes in 2015. God punish APC.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by 2odd(m): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

No issue man we are only debating here not arguing and we shouldn't be taking things too personal after-all politics isn't my career unlike the tinubus and sarakis. But the constitution was not well spelled out. That word 2/3 of the majority to impeach him is very ambiguous and not self explanatory unless when you push it to the court Nothing stops the constitution saying 2/3 of the senate. Saraki is not a fool and not stupid. He is being advised properly by his lawyers and he knows the stand of law himself. This is the same saraki that commenced a new senate house without the proclamation of the president of the feral republic of Nigeria. I feel they are serving him the same portion he served them. I have a strong feeling the constitution is saying 2/3 of majority that forms a quorum and considering the number of APC senators now, they have the majority as it stands. I might be wrong though.
I agree with you in bit ,lemme ask you , before saraki emerged
PDP HAVE MORE THAN 37 MEMBERS RIGHT ,THEY FORMED A QUOROM ,WHAT STOPPED THEM FROM HAVING THE SENATE PRESIDENT SINCE DAY ONE?? EVEN IF ALL APC MEMBERS WERE IN MEETING WITH BUHARI ON THAT DAY ??
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:23am On Aug 14, 2018
centoke30:
lets get something straight here, as far as Saraki have not read the defection letters of all those who moved to APC including Hope Uzodinma, Akpabio, Sonni mgboji, that ekiti woman, and others, they are still not referred as APC. and one thing is that Saraki was so intelligent that they first formed a faction based on the marginalising factor. what will Akpabio and others say Wen they will be asked to explain their defection reason when the constitution clearly stipulates that there must be an irreconcilable difference with the party

It is inconsequential since Akpabio has sent his resignation letter to the PDP and also copied the Senate. Moreso, we are all aware some of the defecting members Saraki listed innthr chamber denied they defected at all.

1 Like

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by mknigeriagreat: 8:23am On Aug 14, 2018
2odd:

Okay, the APC GOOFED when it allowed saraki to become the SP, N the Constitution protect the senate leaders such that the house leadership have a sense of stability, do you know about the issues of Adolphus WABARA during his saga with OBJ, he was forced to resign, OBJ had more than 37senators Workin for him then ,with all his tyranny,he could have lock up WABARA n have 37senator impeach him, but hey he didn't do such .
Pls go an read the judgement on LADOJA VS OYO HOA
two senate president were impeached between 1999 & 2001
In 1999 90 senators voted for the removal of EVANS ENWEREM ,99 senators were present that day ,more than two-thirds of the whole house voted for his removal, in the year
2000 CHUBA OKADIGBO was impeached 81 senators voted for his removal while 11 voted against it , again more than two-thirds voted for his removal

They over goofed and even the constitution says a new senate shouldn't sit or commence without the proclamation by the president of the federal republic and he ''saraki'', commenced it and undermined the power of the president of the country. Buhari allowed it as he was forming I am for no one I am for everyone and he didn't want to intrude into the legislative's affairs not knowing he will need them seriously. What's my headache self this morning hat is there own wahala.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by mknigeriagreat: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2018
2odd:

PDP HAVE MORE THAN 37 MEMBERS RIGHT ,THEY FORMED A QUOROM ,WHAT STOPPED THEM FROM HAVING THE SENATE PRESIDENT SINCE DAY ONE?? EVEN IF ALL APC MEMBERS WERE IN MEETING WITH BUHARI ON THAT DAY ??

We both know that act was pre-acted over the night that preceded that event. It was a gentleman's agreement. Saraki has always being one of them from day one just an APC party member card carrier but belongs to PDP. Vote me as a member of the majority party in senate house as the president and you as the minority will have a the deputy(which is even unheard of). PDP were content with the arrangement and won't dare obstruct it or change it. At he end of the day it payed them and favoured them as we can all see.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Cbanklee(m): 8:29am On Aug 14, 2018
Good for them
More music click Arieznaija.com
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Butterflyle0: 8:30am On Aug 14, 2018
2odd:

A quorum is not what is required to elect or impeach.

2/3 majority of members present is what is required for impeachment or election. But therein is the ambiguity and that was what saraki took advantage of and got in through that loophole with 57 senators out of which 37 were PDP and the majority party only had 20 votes.

Even his action was illegal because the President had to first address a new senate prior to any elections and he went against this legal norm

1 Like

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by michealewela: 8:30am On Aug 14, 2018
TheAdvocate:

I am sure you don't even know how someone becomes a senator. The fact that a person won election into the senate and issued with a return certificate doesn't make him a senator yet. There are processes to be done in the senate chambers before he takes his seat.

I am equally surprised that APC is counting a convicted senator as its member. The position of the law is that a convict cannot hold political or civil service job in Nigeria unless pardoned or his conviction is set aside by a court of competent jurisdiction.

Again, during the last senate plenary, 15 senators jointly signed a letter of defection which was read on the floor. One of them protested that he didn't defect and the list was amended and subsequently passed as a resolution of the senate which is a law unto itself. The others like Tejousho and co who never objected cannot parade themselves as members of the senate unless they write the senate again and it will be passed as a resolution of the senate.

Legally too, the defection of Akpabio is also ultravires the law. A senator who seeks to defect must write the senate president that he intends to do so and it will also be passed as a resolution and have the backing of the law. Akpabio is yet to do because he decamped during the recess.

In the case of AGF V. Atiku Abubakar (2005) 10 NWLR, the almighty Supreme Court stated that a senator or house member can only defect when his party is divided at the national level or there is a legal merger of 2 political parties which includes the one he was elected on its platform.

As it is, the seat of Akpabio and all those who decamped without their letter read on the floor of the senate should be declared vacant.

I so moved.
LOL the almighty saraki defected via Twitter, i tire for Nigeria politics...

1 Like

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by centoke30(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2018
FOLYKAZE:

It is inconsequential since Akpabio has sent his resignation letter to the PDP and also copied the Senate. Moreso, we are all aware some of the defecting members Saraki listed innthr chamber denied they defected at all.
Akpabio resigned as the minority leader and the question still remains what issue did he have with the PDP that the Senate doesn't know, secondly 15members were listed to have defected to PDP, only one person recanted before it was it was voted the remaining two will have to rewrite to the Senate President stating that they are not in the PDP because Asin it stands now, that minutes have been achieved that they are in PDP
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2018
This people have forgoting governance and pursuing their personnal interest, and 'lazy' youth are taking sides and cheering them on. Shame.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by centoke30(m): 8:33am On Aug 14, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Once the senate reconvenes one of the first demands that would be placed on him would be for him to read the defection letters.

He has since been denying he has them (which is another lie)
please is there any problem or faction in the PDP at the moment?
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by 2odd(m): 8:34am On Aug 14, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

They over goofed and even the constitution says a new senate shouldn't sit or commence without the proclamation by the president of the federal republic and he ''saraki'', commenced it and undermined the power of the president of the country. Buhari allowed it as he was forming I am for no one I am for everyone and he didn't want to intrude into the legislative's affairs not knowing he will need them seriously. What's my headache self this morning hat is there own wahala.
Bro, BUHARI SENT A PROCLAMATION LETTER WHICH WAS READ AT 10.AM BY
Alhaji Salisu Abubakar Maikasuwa on Tuesday, June 9, 2015 following the proclamation of the 8th National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari.
So once again APC GOOFED
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Butterflyle0: 8:37am On Aug 14, 2018
TheAdvocate:

I am sure you don't even know how someone becomes a senator. The fact that a person won election into the senate and issued with a return certificate doesn't make him a senator yet. There are processes to be done in the senate chambers before he takes his seat.

I am equally surprised that APC is counting a convicted senator as its member. The position of the law is that a convict cannot hold political or civil service job in Nigeria unless pardoned or his conviction is set aside by a court of competent jurisdiction.

Again, during the last senate plenary, 15 senators jointly signed a letter of defection which was read on the floor. One of them protested that he didn't defect and the list was amended and subsequently passed as a resolution of the senate which is a law unto itself. The others like Tejousho and co who never objected cannot parade themselves as members of the senate unless they write the senate again and it will be passed as a resolution of the senate.

Legally too, the defection of Akpabio is also ultravires the law. A senator who seeks to defect must write the senate president that he intends to do so and it will also be passed as a resolution and have the backing of the law. Akpabio is yet to do because he decamped during the recess.

In the case of AGF V. Atiku Abubakar (2005) 10 NWLR, the almighty Supreme Court stated that a senator or house member can only defect when his party is divided at the national level or there is a legal merger of 2 political parties which includes the one he was elected on its platform.

As it is, the seat of Akpabio and all those who decamped without their letter read on the floor of the senate should be declared vacant.

I so moved.

Why do you lie so unashamedly?

Attached is Akpabios letter of resignation. Who were those copied?

1 Like

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Butterflyle0: 8:38am On Aug 14, 2018
centoke30:
please is there any problem or faction in the PDP at the moment?

Was there any in the APC?
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 14, 2018
Some of these Senetors are Saraki's loyalist. Aduda is PDP and Dariye don't have a say.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2018
4601CE:
Just wait and see.
You go shock like electric cable

Most of the senators in APC won't even come out to impeach saraki so stop wasting ur time.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by centoke30(m): 8:44am On Aug 14, 2018
Butterflyle0:

Was there any in the APC?
of course, the npdp was crying of being marginalized which led to rapc. understand this, Saraki had it all planned out so he is a genius
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by kayzat: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2018
dlaw70:
or chard as usual.

But come o,why do these apc apologists forget that pdp still has d apga and adc senators? Oya add and c

It is the pdp that should remember there are still apga and adc senators. All the adc senators are decampees but you should ask yourself why they choose adc and not pdp. Some of them only have problem with their state governors and not the party and still pro Buhari like senator sunmonu from oyo and Azeez Nyako from adamawa.

Pdp can't 100% bank on apga lawmakers for now because the rapport isn't like before due to Anambra local politics between Obiano and pdp guys

1 Like

Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Karufi: 8:45am On Aug 14, 2018
tuniski:

APC can't muster 30 senators in flesh and blood to stand up on the floor to impeach saraki. They should stop disturbing us we are focused on sending #buharitoDaura2019
Idiot of you will hug transformer when Saraki impeached abi? continue with your foolishness
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by 2odd(m): 8:46am On Aug 14, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

The constitution is very tricky about the part it says 2/3 of the majority. IT would have been easier saying 2/3 of the house which will be 73. Now to my own understanding, the constitution is referring to 2/3 of any quorum formed and him Saraki knows. Saraki is not a fool and he is being properly advised by his lawyers as well. That is one of the reasons they fought APC senators sitting last week when DSS invaded the NASS. Now he has gone to court. The same Saraki undermined our law as a country and stepped on it when he illegally commenced a new Assembly without the proclamation of the President of the Federation Republic and became the senate president. IF they want to serve him back the same way, so be it. I am not for jungle justice o but he himself has betrayed his party, his conscience and his country law.
Buhari did proclaim, please Google that up ,he did ,that's where he goofed big Time,he left the pitch opened when he sent a PROCLAMATION LETTER which was read at 10.am on June 9 ,try n Google it,it's online
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by mknigeriagreat: 8:46am On Aug 14, 2018
2odd:

Bro, BUHARI SENT A PROCLAMATION LETTER WHICH WAS READ AT 10.AM BY
Alhaji Salisu Abubakar Maikasuwa on Tuesday, June 9, 2015 following the proclamation of the 8th National Assembly by President Muhammadu Buhari.
So once again APC GOOFED

On the last note the whole problem lies on Buhari for his non-political attitudes. HE told the clerk not to until he's done meeting with the senators in ICC. The funny thing is, he was never in ICC as well. He messed up really bad and he's paying for it. Imagine Saraki holding the presidency to ransom. Buhari has learnt his lessons and still learning.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by 2odd(m): 8:50am On Aug 14, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

On the last note the whole problem lies on Buhari for his non-political attitudes. HE told the clerk not to until he's done meeting with the senators in ICC. The funny thing is, he was never in ICC as well. He messed up really bad and he's paying for it. Imagine Saraki holding the presidency to ransom. Buhari has learnt his lessons and still learning.
He should get his house In order before sending any proclamation letter.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by SouthernEmpres: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2018
When he was elected he needed only 57 votes so you may never know
bedspread:
Ok... Not yet 73..

16 More needed ....

Maybe APC should go to Ghana and Borrow some of their Senators...
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by tuniski: 8:50am On Aug 14, 2018
Karufi:
Idiot of you will hug transformer when Saraki impeached abi? continue with your foolishness

Stop using foul language.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by kayzat: 8:51am On Aug 14, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

No he didn't undermined the president on that day it was Buhari and the people around him that gave him tactical support because the president isn't mandatory to be there physically and instead a letter for the proclamation of the Senate was duly sent from the presidency which gave Saraki and the pdp guys the opportunity to do what they did
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by mknigeriagreat: 8:54am On Aug 14, 2018
2odd:

Buhari did proclaim, please Google that up ,he did ,that's where he goofed big Time,he left the pitch opened when he sent a PROCLAMATION LETTER which was read at 10.am on June 9 ,try n Google it,it's online

And you heard about him calling the clerk to delay it as he was to meet with the APC senators at ICC first? They are all just actors. I still blame Buhari for allowing all these. Imagine if Obasanjo was the president and a little Saraki will be tossing him up and down like this? Atiku that obstructed OBJ's third term bid(though illegal) is still paying for it with his presidential ambition till tomorrow. Before Atiku knows jack Robinson, he's 80 years old. Buhari made Saraki a force politically all but no thanks to his leniency and political inexperience. That is all I can say.
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by PaChukwudi44(m): 8:55am On Aug 14, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

The constitution is very tricky about the part it says 2/3 of the majority. IT would have been easier saying 2/3 of the house which will be 73. Now to my own understanding, the constitution is referring to 2/3 of any quorum formed and him Saraki knows. Saraki is not a fool and he is being properly advised by his lawyers as well. That is one of the reasons they fought APC senators sitting last week when DSS invaded the NASS. Now he has gone to court. The same Saraki undermined our law as a country and stepped on it when he illegally commenced a new Assembly without the proclamation of the President of the Federation Republic and became the senate president. IF they want to serve him back the same way, so be it. I am not for jungle justice o but he himself has betrayed his party, his conscience and his country law.
Bros the constitution does not say 2/3 of the majority. It clearly says 2/3 majority stop been stupid
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by mknigeriagreat: 8:56am On Aug 14, 2018
kayzat:

No he didn't undermined the president on that day it was Buhari and the people around him that gave him tactical support because the president isn't mandatory to be there physically and instead a letter for the proclamation of the Senate was duly sent from the presidency which gave Saraki and the pdp guys the opportunity to do what they did

Buhari's inexperience killed it all. You also heard the president called the clerk to delay the reading of the latter till he's done meeting with the APC senators in ICC?
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:56am On Aug 14, 2018
centoke30:
Akpabio resigned as the minority leader and the question still remains what issue did he have with the PDP that the Senate doesn't know, secondly 15members were listed to have defected to PDP, only one person recanted before it was it was voted the remaining two will have to rewrite to the Senate President stating that they are not in the PDP because Asin it stands now, that minutes have been achieved that they are in PDP

Let's watch and see what plays out in the coming days. Peace
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by mknigeriagreat: 8:58am On Aug 14, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

Bros the constitution does not say 2/3 of the majority. It clearly says 2/3 majority stop been stupid

I won't abuse you back or insult you. As a father if my kids are insulting people the way you just did, the whole world will say I have failed.
The wise one what does 2/3 majority means please?
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 14, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Most of the senators in APC won't even come out to impeach saraki so stop wasting ur time.
we shall see
Re: List Of APC Senators - Vanguard by Nobody: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2018
Mynd44:
Correct except for one.

Senator Aduda is not in the APC

Senator Aduda is a PMB loyalist which naturally qualifies him for inclusion in that list in the current battle at NASS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Releases List Of Critical Roads For Construction After Rainy Season / Jimoh Ibrahim Visits Bola Tinubu In Abuja (Photo) / Conspiracies Against President Jonathan - Dr Odinaka Chukwuka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.