Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

"Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals (42695 Views)

APC Crisis: Saraki, Lai Mohammed Move Against Kwara Governor Over Caretaker List / APC Senators All Smiles As They Pose With President Buhari / Saraki, Lai Mohammed Divide Kwara APC With Parallel State Congress (2) (3) (4)

Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by MztaIkp(m): 3:19pm On Aug 14, 2018
engineerboat:
Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999
CHAPTER V
THE LEGISLATURE

Part I

National Assembly

A Composition and Staff of National Assembly

47. There shall be a National Assembly for the Federation which shall consist of a Senate and a House of Representatives.

48. The Senate shall consist of three Senators from each State and one from the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja.

49. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, the House of Representatives shall consist of three hundred and sixty members representing constituencies of nearly equal population as far as possible, provided that no constituency shall fall within more than one State.

51(Lai Mohammed) The Leaders of the Senate and House of Representatives shall be selected by the political party with the highest representation in the National Assembly
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by lagosrd: 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
Esseite:
Lai ahould take his lies somewhere else... its was the APC nepotistic attitude and god-fatherism that made Saraki senate president, Which is what played out with its current chairmanship, we can all see the calliber of its chairman and the uncontrollable mouth.

I am not a fan of saraki but i love his dogged and goal getter attitude and point of correction, the 8th senate has been the most vibrant of all from 1914.

Moreover the way APC speaks of opposition, you would think the oppositions are not Nigerians or citizens living in the same country or are some retarded nitwit set of people just because they refuse to toe the lines of tyranny while aligning to justice and equity.

Sore loosers
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by otherway: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
Ugosample:

You no get sense

I repeat; you no get sense

Buhari has majority members in the house from his party in both houses

He can always negotiate his bills with the legislature to reach a COMPROMISE (the way Obama, trump and other leaders of sensible countries do)

But because your sai baba is dumb and stupid, he cannot achieve Any thing sensible

I can bet my testicles that you are one of the naive fella I refered to. Can you just read your post again and see how naive you are. Negotiate with who?

You must be related to one of the enemies of this nation. Tell your family members that you all have and will fail.
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
iammo:
cool The real issue at hand; 2015 election budget cost N93bn this Include purchase of new card reader technology, deployment and training on card reader usage
2019 inec suplimentary budget N242bn(+2018 inec budget just passed) this is an increment of over N142bn, without purchase of new card reader machines
Elections conducted after 2015 shows high tendencies of vote buying with highest buyer paying 5k.
1000000000000 (100bn excess inec budgets) / 5000(average cost of vote buying) = 20000000 votes (20m illegal and induced votes)

- Why are they hell bent on impeaching saraki now 6months to termination of APC rule ?
- why did ministries and agency heads fail to show up at NASS to defend their budgets

Lord our people are really daft!!!! So INEC will start sharing money to politicians so they can bribe voters abi?
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Rasopadokun: 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2018
PMB and his don't look forward, instead they look backward to those who offended them yesterday. A smart guy sat down and did his political calculation correctly and the dullard are complaining. To me Saraki is politically stable and doesn't need any FG machinery to attain its goal, that is the reason u see him leaving the ruling party to the opposition. APC has lost the game, they should focus on delivering good govt and stop wasting their energies on an individual
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by linearity: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
Ugosample:

look at this one?

"the supreme court should be forced"

in other words compromise the autonomy of the supreme court in order to achieve your foolish aims

Wisdom is lacking in this country unfortunately.

let us even assume that your silly plan works

You really think the house can have only 36 apc members in the house to pull the plug on saraki?

Without even 10 to 15 Pdp members in the house?

Even within the apc ranks, not all will vote to boot saraki out.

And let us assume that thr stupid plan works, it also means that Buhari can be pushed out of office with 2/3 of the quorum in the both houses (36 and 120 respectively)

You guysshould use your brains

You clearly lack understanding and knowledge...go back and read my piece again, I had no plan... I simply lay a strategy that the government can use to force the Supreme Court to answer a constitutional question.

It is the job of the Supreme Court to interpret the constitution and if you read my piece, I clearly stated that the Supreme Court can either dismiss the case, or interpret the constitution one way or the other. When the government brings a constitutional question before the highest court for interpretation, they are not forcing them to answer one way or the other, they are simply asking them to do their job, which is to interpret what the constitution really said.

These kind of government referrals avoid national issues and help to establish a stable democracy and an equal playing field for all.

In my piece, I never stated that 2/3rd of 1/3rd is the right interpretation, I was just stating the fallout whichever way the Supreme Court verdict goes....Your myopic brain missed the part where I stated that, should the Supreme Court state that it’s 2/3rd of members, then Saraki’s election is invalidated, since he was elected based on 2/3rd of 1/3rd.
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Bimpe29: 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2018
That clearly shows how naive APC were as at that time, precisely 9th of June, 2015.

Truly, APC is unfit to be a ruling party, being an opposition party befits APC.
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Babyforever(f): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2018
Xinzu:

U screenshotted this pic from my comment, I can see my signature right underneath grin
If I don't screenshot that of my love lipsrsealed who will wink
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by bhankymyk(m): 4:44pm On Aug 14, 2018
Saraki the game planner
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Ugosample(m): 4:54pm On Aug 14, 2018
otherway:

I can bet my testicles that you are one of the naive fella I refered to. Can you just read your post again and see how naive you are. Negotiate with who?

You must be related to one of the enemies of this nation. Tell your family members that you all have and will fail.

what is this one saying

Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by charmosky(m): 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2018
Mumu old lying ted....we were waiting for the president to come address us at the international conference center...we were there when we had Dr Bukola Saraki has been elected senate president....
Old fool you make me laugh...
That was the very first time Saraki dribbled the entire APC...
Buhari didn't know anything about the invitation to international conference center...
Saraki sent all of you old fools to the venue, in order to get rid of people who don't support his candidacy as the senate president...
went ahead with PDP and a hand full of APC Senators who together formed a quorum and elected him as the irremovable senate president we have today...
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by judexmann1759(m): 6:27pm On Aug 14, 2018
engineerboat:
HOW APC SENATORS FOUND IT DIFFICULT TO IMPEACH SARAKI – LAI MOHAMMED

The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, has revealed why it has been difficult for the All Progressives Congress, APC, to remove Dr. Bukola Saraki as Senate President.

Mohammed, speaking how the problems being Uwitnessed in the ruling party started, said that Saraki forced himself into the office of the Senate President and made Ike Ekweremmadu, from the opposition, his deputy.

The Minister quoted Saraki as saying that ‘If you remove me, you are going to have PDP as Senate President’ adding that the Senate President had aligned and worked for the PDP all along.

Mohammed said this in an interview with newsmen in Lagos, where be reacted to the gale of defections in the APC.

He said that recent events in the party did not come to him as surprise, adding that they were expected.

He said, “The foundation for what you see today was laid the day the Senate President forced himself on the party as Senate President.

“That was the day the foundation for what you are witnessing today was laid because traditionally, it is the party’s prerogative who becomes the presiding officers in the two houses. Here, we were met with a fait accompli when Dr. Bukola Saraki, against the wishes of the party, did the unthinkable by aligning with the opposition and making them an offer they could not refuse.

“I can’t quite remember the number, but almost the entire 40 plus senators in PDP voted for him. So, he needed only a minority from the APC. We were all waiting for Mr. President to come and address us on this issue at the International Conference Centre, it was announced that he (Bukola) had emerged as the Senate President.

“From that day, we knew we had two problems: one, we had a Senate President who imposed himself on the party, and to make it worse, as an insurance, he arranged for an opposition person to be Deputy Senate President; that makes it impossible for us to remove him, hence his thinking, ‘If you remove me, you are going to have a PDP Senate President.’

“From that day, we had a problem. This is not a surprise at all. Of course, you could see the behaviour of the National Assembly since then. We have a National Assembly in which we had a clear majority in both houses, but which treated the executive with contempt and actually slowed down the work of government.

“In 2016, 2017 and 2018, our budgets were delayed. In 2016 and 2017, the earliest we got our budgets was June. Key appointments, nominations and confirmations for key organisations that could move the government forward like the CBN, like the NDIC, were delayed.
“Really, it couldn’t have been worse if the PDP had a majority in the National Assembly.”

https://newsflash247.com.ng/2018/08/how-apc-senators-found-it-difficult-to-impeach-saraki-lai-mohammed/
Ugly chimpanzees like u. Liars!!! Ewu Anu
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by ofwest47(m): 6:44pm On Aug 14, 2018
Every body should know what a typical Ilorin indigene is : OMO ILORIN MESU JAMBA.
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by iammo(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2018
geometricaxis:

Lord our people are really daft!!!! So INEC will start sharing money to politicians so they can bribe voters abi?
. You clearly don't know how the procurement act works, same way NASS members can convert constituency projects to cash, inec can also get cash to the needed quarters
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2018
iammo:
. You clearly don't know how the procurement act works, same way NASS members can convert constituency projects to cash, inec can also get cash to the needed quarters

You are the one displaying your ignorance.

this is clearly above your pay grade
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by iammo(m): 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2018
geometricaxis:

You are the one displaying your ignorance.

this is clearly above your pay grade

OK for educational purpose, and not to insult you, do you know out of the inec budget all secuirity agency got something in billions? OK let's say police who wants to feed horses and dogs with N350m ask a politician to tender proposal for such "project" and CBN credits the mobilization fund into such account, who ends up getting the money ?
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Xinzu: 7:22pm On Aug 14, 2018
Babyforever:
If I don't screenshot that of my love lipsrsealed who will wink

Which love?
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by chrischukszy01(m): 7:33pm On Aug 14, 2018
iammo:
cool The real issue at hand; 2015 election budget cost N93bn this Include purchase of new card reader technology, deployment and training on card reader usage
2019 inec suplimentary budget N242bn(+2018 inec budget just passed) this is an increment of over N142bn, without purchase of new card reader machines
Elections conducted after 2015 shows high tendencies of vote buying with highest buyer paying 5k.
1000000000000 (100bn excess inec budgets) / 5000(average cost of vote buying) = 20000000 votes (20m illegal and induced votes)

- Why are they hell bent on impeaching saraki now 6months to termination of APC rule ?
- why did ministries and agency heads fail to show up at NASS to defend their budgets
When intelligent people speaks it will show! Bro u just spoke my mind.

Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by adekanmbi1986(m): 8:10pm On Aug 14, 2018
I will see sense in this double effort to remove Saraki if APC can convince us that if they remove Saraki price of petrol will come down to N75/ltr, Naira will climb to N190 to $1, 50Kg bag of rice will come down to N7,000, a bag of cement will come down to N1,500, no one will have to go abroad for medical checkups again, herdsmen killing will stop, Lear and the other Chibok girls in captivity will return.
If otherwise, then the whole exercise is just an ego trip, it doesn't worth the effort.
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Babyforever(f): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
Xinzu:

Which love?
Xinzu why you dey cast me like this embarassed
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Osashalom: 8:46pm On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:
[s][/s]

Saraki will be impeached .... says ecstatic zombie after DSS and Police laid siege on his residence

Saraki has stepped on banana peel... says angry zombie when Saraki shut down the Senate

By all means Saraki will go to jail, he is playing with fire... says dumbfounded and confused Zombie after Saraki blocked Duara.

Saraki will not escape God's wrath... says desperately pained zombie when Saraki hosted world press confrence.

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING... SARAKI MUST STEP DOWN.... says zombie as Saraki still strides like a boss

So in all, considering the fact that saraki is playing against 2 or 3 teams at a goal.
Saraki 10
Buhari 0
Apc 0
Zombies 0
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Babacele: 8:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
Pitokwe:

It's past noon already. Wake up from your sleep and stop dreaming cheesy
it is obvious you are the one really drowsy.
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Itulah(m): 9:30pm On Aug 14, 2018
Who is fooling who?

Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Xinzu: 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
Babyforever:
Xinzu why you dey cast me like this embarassed

What I do
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Babyforever(f): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
Xinzu:

What I do
You're making this thing difficult for it to flow
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Babyforever(f): 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2018
Xinzu:

What I do
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Xinzu: 3:26pm On Aug 15, 2018
Babyforever:

What thing biko?
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by ngoziempress: 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2018
I really want to know if saraki is the only one who defected from APC to PDP though. Why are they all over his case? instead of them to invest this time in something more productive.
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by koladebrainiac(m): 4:42pm On Aug 15, 2018
iammo:

why did Saraki moved to PDP when its just 6months to an election? why did the senate-house now has Senate President from PDP and Deputy Senate has PDP? why? When they are not the majority. And you think things will be normal? and there wont be crisis? please
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by iammo(m): 4:57pm On Aug 15, 2018
koladebrainiac:
why did Saraki moved to PDP when its just 6months to an election? why did the senate-house now has Senate President from PDP and Deputy Senate has PDP? why? When they are not the majority. And you think things will be normal? and there wont be crisis? please

i, Because APC asked him to leave their party and issued an ultimatum
ii, in a presidential style of government (as oppose parliamentary) an opposition party can lead the Senate so fact he was legally elected by the majority members at the inaugural meeting. Eg Obama had a Republican head of Congress.
iii, as for your assertion on crisis due to majority/minority, if buhari was a true democrat he would have lobbied the assembly on issues, rather than give orders
iv, three power blocs formed APC( CPC,ACN,N-PDP) why are CPC and ACN hell bent on taking every available position even to the detriment of principle of federal character
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by Babyforever(f): 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2018
Xinzu:

What thing biko?
Xinzu embarassed
Re: "Why APC Senators Found It Difficult To Impeach Saraki" – Lai Mohammed Reveals by papijoe1(m): 6:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
2014 did spoke then about the defection
engineerboat:
Mr. Lai Mohammed; Saraki must be impeached hooo, by tulasi ni ooo

Sowore: How I Found Out I Was Granted Bail / President Buhari Receives Tinubu In Aso Villa (Photos) / INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54