Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,671 members, 7,955,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:58 AM

Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! (795 Views)

President’s Failure To Secure Citizens Is Impeachable Offence- Osinbajo / Edo Assembly Crisis: Tinubu Says Obaseki Has Committed Impeachable Offences / 'Saraki Is Not A Robber': Protest Over Indictment Of Saraki In Offa Bank Robbery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by Ifedamolah(m): 10:12am On Aug 14, 2018
Simple majority is expected to be more than half and 2/3 majority is exactly what it states in the constitution to remove the senate president but there is no mention of ALL senators in the constitution just like there was none in the over 2/3 simple majority that gave Saraki the senate presidency in the first place.

When Tambuwal defected to the APC, his defection made the party the Majority and thus he became unimpeachable but Saraki's defection with his cronies wasn't enough to make PDP the majority that probably is why there could even be a talk of impeachment in the first place.

If the APC with her senators who are still in the majority could muster up the reins and hold a house siting while hoodwinking the clerk of the house into sending a notification to all the other senators then they need less than 45 of their senators to impeach Saraki, as his emergence as senate presidency has implied you don't need 2/3 of the whole senate, you only need 2/3 of the senators in the house sitting.

And when Saraki is Impeached he will seek Judicial redress and his election as senate president also will be brought under question since both processes are same, the court then might order a fresh senate presidency election and I don't see Saraki winning this time around though depending on who APC drops as his opponent.

Don't let them deceive you, Saraki is impeachable in fact by his own laid down house election guidelines.

In case you have not Noticed, Bukola Saraki already knows this and you can see his body language making wide Consultations even having to go greet Baba Obasanjo for a library that was commissioned about a year ago.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by 12Monkeys: 10:17am On Aug 14, 2018
2/3 Majority does not mean 2/3 of the party in majority.

Chai you zombies are really daft.

If your analysis is to be correct, then why is the election of SP and DSP done by all members of the Senate irrespective of partisan or party?

If Party A is the majority, then going by your logic only party A can elect a SP or DSP.

You see how m0ron!c you guys are beginning to sound over your hyperventilation over Saraki?

Get over it!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by buhariguy(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2018
They can go to UN

1 Like

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by BabaO2: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

If your analysis is to be correct, then why is the election of SP and DSP done by all members of the Senate irrespective of partisan or party?

If Party A is the majority, then going by your logic only party A can elect a SP or DSP.

You see how m0ron!c you guys are beginning to sound over your hyperventilation over Saraki?

Get over it!
why throwing insults to cover up your stupidity. The guy has not said that election will be conducted only by APC members. Even to get some PDP and other parties members to add the colouration 'all senators' is not difficult to achieve to impeach him

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by Nobody: 10:33am On Aug 14, 2018
After they will claim they studied law.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by buhariguy(m): 10:51am On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

Get over it!
56 senators are all the members according to you that elected thief saraki and thief ekwerumadu.

APC also have 56 senators now that has already removed thief saraki and thief ekwerumadu.

The same constitution thief saraki rely on in his election is what APC also rely on in removing him.
The constitution did not say "the whole"
It says 2/3 in the house.

Thief saraki need to go to court for judicial interpretation of 2/3 in the house
surgical:
Have you not seen the reason the country is in a mess, morons everywhere, the pathetic thing is that they don't even know

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by surgical: 10:51am On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

Get over it!
Have you not seen the reason the country is in a mess, morons everywhere, the pathetic thing is that they don't even know

1 Like

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by 12Monkeys: 11:05am On Aug 14, 2018
buhariguy:
56 senators are all the members according to you that elected thief saraki and thief ekwerumadu.

APC also have 56 senators now that has already removed thief saraki and thief ekwerumadu

Try and convene a sitting with only APC senators.

You think their quorum will be legal without SP or DSP presiding over the plenary?

Even if either are present, Saraki must agree to uphold whatever impeachment motion from where he is required to step down and Ekeremadu will preside over the impeachment process. Are those two steps possible?

Stop obsessing over Saraki. Impeachment or no impeachment he has shown that he is way smarter, intelligent and a better politician than your gbana frog father. Yes, we all know why you oyorubas hate Saraki and it is down to how he has serially disgraced your pussified jagabantic frog father.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by surveyProf(m): 11:08am On Aug 14, 2018
[s]
buhariguy:

APC also have 56 senators now that has already removed thief saraki and thief ekwerumadu.

The same constitution thief saraki rely on in his election is what APC also rely on in removing him.
The constitution did not say "the whole"
It says 2/3 in the house.

Thief saraki need to go to court for judicial interpretation of 2/3 in the house
[/s]
Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by bedspread: 11:13am On Aug 14, 2018
Saraki is Bone hook in the theist of
Pmb
Oshimole
Apc

2/3 Majority of that house ( The house of Assembly)
Not 2/3 Majority of that party....

You guys should take Chilled Orange Juice and Fresh fish.... Take care of your Heart rate...

Saraki is Moving nowhere...

1 Like

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by buhariguy(m): 11:20am On Aug 14, 2018
12Monkeys:

Try and convene a sitting with only APC senators.

You think their quorum will be legal without SP or DSP presiding over the plenary?

Even if either are present, Saraki must agree to uphold whatever impeachment motion from where he is required to step down and Ekeremadu will preside over the impeachment process. Are those two steps possible?

Stop obsessing over Saraki. Impeachment or no impeachment he has shown that he is way smarter, intelligent and a better politician than your gbana frog father. Yes, we all know why you oyorubas hate Saraki and it is down to how he has serially disgraced your pussified jagabantic frog father.
this is the problem with the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist.
They just want to claim they are smarter .
22 members of Benue house of assembly impeach the speaker, without the speaker and deputy speaker consent even when the house went on recess.
Everybody applauded the illegality.
So you want the majority of the senate to be waiting for thief saraki, and the nation to wait for thief saraki as he is taking Nigerians on a ride like his personal entity and the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra terrorist are hailing him.
If it was buhari doing this illegality, the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Biafra will be calling him all sort of names, buhari is a tyrant, wicked etc.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by Bizibi(m): 11:25am On Aug 14, 2018
It seems some of you don't understand, the APC senators need to be sure that all the senators are actually on their side before they make the move.
Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by buhariguy(m): 11:30am On Aug 14, 2018
Bizibi:
It seems some of you don't understand, the APC senators need to be sure that all the senators are actually on their side before they make the move.
you are right, that is what is still causing the delay,
They can even reconvene today and remove him if majority of apc senators are around, because most of them travel out.

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by overall90: 11:31am On Aug 14, 2018
This APC People self.
see the way they are twisting members of the house into members in the house.
Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by SternProphet: 11:34am On Aug 14, 2018
The "SENATE" or "HOUSE" refers to a population of members in either chamber equal to what is accepted as a quorum. The Senate can sit and pass laws if 75 members are seated. If 2/3 of those members say they dont want the Senate Predident, he will go. If he does not go, the new Senate Predident will petition the IG to take out the old SP

1 Like

Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by Bizibi(m): 11:40am On Aug 14, 2018
buhariguy:
you are right, that is what is still causing the delay,
They can even reconvene today and remove him if majority of apc senators are around, because most of them travel out.
some of them are actually on saraki side,they need to be absolutely sure before they act and if they don't it will backfire and if it backfires then they should not bother about saraki but focus on the elections next year.
Re: Saraki Is Impeachable Only By The Precedence He Himself Created. My Analysis!! by Ojiofor: 12:40pm On Aug 14, 2018
APC is so disorganized that one man is giving their leaders heart attack and their online zombies sleepless night.Choi.
It shall not be well for those who wish to be governed by a ghost for another 4 years.

(1) (Reply)

Ex Etung Lga Chairman Defects To Apc / Will I Be Arrested If I Do This Thing? / Why National Assembly Should Immediately Impeach Buhari – HURIWA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.