Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences (4825 Views)

Demon Eater: My Demonic Astral Adventure / How To Do Astral Travel: Visit Other Worlds Today / Can Someone Please Caution D.k Olukoya On Vulgar Use Of Body Parts In His Messag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 30, 2007
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by busygirl(f): 11:13am On Mar 30, 2007
I think astral travelling is bad,  it's also demonic. God owns d spirit nd no human being should try to manipulate this-- apart from that, in d process of travelling, what happens when u meet more powerful spirits nd your spirit is being attacked? U never can tell that may be your end grin

1 Like

Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Jen33(m): 5:08am On Mar 31, 2007
busygirl said:

I think astral travelling is bad,  it's also demonic. God owns d spirit and no human being should try to manipulate this-- apart from that, in d process of travelling, what happens when u meet more powerful spirits nd your spirit is being attacked? U never can tell that may be your end

I'm sorry darling but this is the most ignorant piece of drivel I've read in a very long time.

Astral travel is no more 'demonic' than brushing your teeth in the morning.

All astral travel is is accessing realms beyond our three dimensional world using our ethereal body.

Every human has a physical body and an ethreal and spiritual body.

Consciousness is not dependent on the human body to exist, which is why it is true that physical death is just what it says. Not the death of the individual.

Even when we dream, oftentimes we are astral travelling - our consciousness (spirit) visiting other realms and dimensions and interacting with beings,

Most of what we experience is forgotten, or rather, retained in the sub-conscious, except in the most vivid dreams,  which tend to have a major purpose,

Anyone can be trained to astral project. In fact the US army employs what is called ''Remote Viewing'' to determine what goes on in hidden places the other side of the world. Remote Viewing is a variant of astral projection, where the mind is trained to travel and observe/capture events in inaccessible locations.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=3003

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by busygirl(f): 5:21am On Mar 31, 2007
Dear jen33, ain't u ignoring something, what happens if ur spirit meets a more powerful one and is attacked-- u neva can tell shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked To me all dis ain't right-----wat makes it different 4rm witchcraft is the fact the travellers don't drink blood nd attend meetings but they both fly------ DON'T THEY! grin grin grin
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by jagunlabi(m): 2:51pm On Mar 31, 2007
busygirl:

Dear jen33, ain't u ignoring something, what happens if your spirit meets a more powerful one and is attacked-- u never can tell shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked To me all this ain't right-----what makes it different from witchcraft is the fact the travellers don't drink blood nd attend meetings but they both fly------ DON'T THEY! grin grin grin
Angels supposedly fly as well,so does that make them to be witches or demonic.
Your response comes from this already very predictable desire for christians to demonise anything that they cannot understand or is outside their doctrine.
Everything outside the mainstream christian teachings is of the devil,what a miopic and tunnellike worldview.
That is why you christians are such a bore.Your ignorance makes you to be so.
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by busygirl(f): 7:26pm On Mar 31, 2007
[/quote][quote author=jagunlabi link=topic=46754.msg1006377#msg1006377 date=1175349114]
That is why you christians are such a bore.Your ignorance makes you to be so.
, That's wat u think but @ d end of d race it pays off!
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 01, 2007
How can i learn astral travelling without reciting vowels and other stuffs like that?
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Pain(m): 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2007
Alternative Travel Schemes ATS
Can someone please help me out with any equations on astral projection.?

Astral Travel Can Cut Down our Overdependence /Usage of Fossil Fuels.

It can Cut down the Emmissions of Harmful Gases that Deplete the Ozone Layer.

I'm currently working of Teleportation. I Think Astral Travel / Teleportation has a lot to offer in terms of faster journeys and a cleaner Earth.

I need Inputs.

Thanx
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Jen33(m): 6:25pm On Apr 05, 2007
Pain, I feel your pain.

For your idea to work, a large number of people would need to be trained in astral projection. This is unlikely to happen as the big conglomerates that profit from physical travel like car makers, aeroplane manufacturers like Boeing ETC, are powerful and influential enough to stop any such mass re-orientation of the public dead in its tracks.

Perhaps only after they've destroyed themselves via their greed  and bloodlust, will mankind be able to freely access such inherent qualities we all have.

I understand that there are many technologies out there that would ensure free heating, free fuel for all etc etc, but are being BLOCKED from public access owing to the 'catastrophic consequences' on those that benefit from the sale of current products and services.
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Seun(m): 6:36pm On Apr 05, 2007
Jen33: I was in a room with two of my younger ones and immediately I saw myself on the ceiling looking down at myself and my siblings. It was fun then but suddenly I felt a rushing wind blowing me from one corner of the room to another.

Sorry, Jen33, but this is known as a daydream. You had a short daydream and then you woke up.
You wanted to believe in out of body experiences so badly that you interpreted a dream as one. That's all.

Then it was scary! I woke up at last never to try it again!

That makes no sense! Why would you not try it again when it's potentially so useful. You probably tried & failed!
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by breeolan(f): 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2007
@ Jen33,

can't believe u find delight in what u sed happened to u, if its nt a dream, u thk u should take pride that a normal being lke u should be out of body, u dead or smethg? it aint right and its plain demonic,

and a@ pain,

am sori for you oo, because if you implement this mode or transportation 4 ursef alone oo, dnt thk u can complete 10 journeys successfully, be warned, dnt let d witches hear u oo, before dey close d gate that leads back to life before u get der, den your blood can be useful,  cheesy
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by IBEXY(m): 7:13pm On Apr 05, 2007
I do not believe these crap about astral projection or travel (call it what you like). I have read books and books on the stuff and done all those funny exercises claimed to make you have an out of the body experience. Hello ! they dont work. You end up with a splitting headache. I have also affiliated with some groups (rather not mention) because I was so interested in the occult. I ended up paying away money on memberships and subscriptions. To date, I have never had what you call astral travel. I know I have had dreams that seemed almost real but they were just dreams like any normal person can have. When I was in naija, I fantasised about projecting to USA or London at least to have a look at these places I heard so much about. It never worked. So whats the point? Honest opinion, astral travelling is a load of bull###.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by marianna: 7:30pm On Apr 05, 2007
@ babaearly
u r definately on ur own! u dont hav sometin good to do wit ur time i guess!
safe journey in ur adventures sad
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by baby4u2(f): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2007
astral travelling is real IBEXY. cause u didnt experience doesnt make it not true.
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by IBEXY(m): 8:15pm On Apr 05, 2007
Add substance to your argument. Have u had the experience. Were you able to consciously control yourself like they claim. Were you able to fly at will to a desired location?
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Ka: 9:38pm On Apr 05, 2007
Out-of-body experiences?

I have those every morning when I go to the toilet - I tell my waste to get out of my body. wink
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Tornadoz(m): 2:26am On Apr 06, 2007
Jen33 wrote:
In fact the US army employs what is called ''Remote Viewing'' to determine what goes on in hidden places the other side of the world.
Don't you think they should use this "technology"to find Osama Bin Laden?
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Nobody: 5:25am On Apr 06, 2007
good question for jen33. with this method they should have found osama instead of bombing the whole of mid-east
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by IBEXY(m): 8:47am On Apr 06, 2007
Tornadoz:

Jen33 wrote:
In fact the US army employs what is called ''Remote Viewing'' to determine what goes on in hidden places the other side of the world.
Don't you think they should use this "technology"to find Osama Bin Laden?
The army does not rely on ESP or astral travelling as much as you want us to believe here. I watched a programme on TV based on CIA investigation into ESP (Extra Sensory Perception). There was this guy who was the object of the experiments. His gueses were less than 40% correct. The conclusion was that ESP is unreliable and amounts to exactly what it is. GUESES.
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by MAYORIN1(m): 2:02pm On Apr 06, 2007
Non-Sense
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by texazzpete(m): 5:19pm On Apr 06, 2007
All these astral travel geeks don't have work to do!

Jen33:

Pain, I feel your pain.

For your idea to work, a large number of people would need to be trained in astral projection. This is unlikely to happen as the big conglomerates that profit from physical travel like car makers, aeroplane manufacturers like Boeing ETC, are powerful and influential enough to stop any such mass re-orientation of the public dead in its tracks.

Perhaps only after they've destroyed themselves via their greed and bloodlust, will mankind be able to freely access such inherent qualities we all have.

I understand that there are many technologies out there that would ensure free heating, free fuel for all etc etc, but are being BLOCKED from public access owing to the 'catastrophic consequences' on those that benefit from the sale of current products and services.

You are perhaps the dumbest person i've come across in months, and that's not an insult! Car manufacturers and aerospace giants like Boeing make their money by transporting people's bodies to different locations and you're here spewing you demented psychobabble about them trying to cut down on Out-Of-Body travels. how would their sales be affected if you could send your spirit to Paris? Would you be able to eat or sense anything?
There's a way to speak to someone many many miles away. it's called the Telephone. perhaps you've heard of it?

@Pain
You're working on teleportation and require 'equations' for astral travel abi? Perhaps you need to seriously start thinking of the theme color for your padded cell.
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by WesleyanA(f): 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2007
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by geebengs(m): 3:34pm On Apr 07, 2007
Astral travel travel is demonic just as yoga is. I think they are the same thing. When you practise these things you yield your body to demons and you get yourself into trouble afterwards. There are only two types of spirit which the human spirit can be subject to- the Spirit of God or the spirit of the devil. The presence of one precludes the presence of the other. Every believer of Jesus Christ has the Spirit of God dwelling in them and those who do not believe are automatically under the control of the prince of this world- the devil.

Come to think of it, once the spirit leaves the body, the body dies. does it now mean that you die and resurrect at will? That is a big no! I'll advice you to stop giving yourself to the devil because he is a destroyer.
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by dtwsola(m): 4:10pm On Apr 07, 2007
You were just hallucinating, or you may have smoked to much weed.
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Icon(m): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2007
WesleyanA:

maybe it's the weed

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-46335.0.html
LOL LOL LOL grin grin grin
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by baby4u2(f): 4:47pm On Apr 09, 2007
@IBEXY, i dont need to have had an experience to believe. If you believe in juju (let me not assume you do, so do you?) then no argument. Read the book "He came to set the captives free" by Rebecca Brown and you will have someone tell you all about astral travelling. I have researched and believe it happens.
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Jen33(m): 1:57am On Apr 10, 2007
Seun, that quote/story you alluded to me was by someone else.

Those that say stuff like 'it's the weed' or it's of the devil' are completely ignorant. IBEZIK, you need to come up with a lot more than some documentary u saw on tv to rubbish astral projection or out-of-body experiences. There is powerful evidence that consciousness can and does exist outside the body as a thorough analysis of www.near-death.com will show u.

BTW to those saying it's ''evil'', on that site you'll see that practising Christians including clergymen report these experiences perhaps more than anyone else.
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Jen33(m): 2:02am On Apr 10, 2007
Jerry Gross' research into astral projection

Jerry Gross is a leader in the field of out-of-body explorations. As a well known out-of-body teacher and practitioner, he holds workshops on astral projection in the United States and abroad.

Jerry has proven conclusively, under scientifically controlled conditions that he has been able to astral project himself to a distant location, observe a situation, move an object, and then return to his body with total recall of these events. Jerry teaches that astral projection is a beautiful, fulfilling, enlightening experience that anyone can learn. He believes the out-of-body experience allows all of us to leave our cumbersome bodies and travel in the spirit world ,  our true home. Jerry feels that the ability to leave the body is "one of the gifts we are all given at birth, but most of us have forgotten about." The following are some articles that describe his research in out-of-body experiences, Read on,

http://www.near-death.com/gross.html
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Seun(m): 2:16am On Apr 10, 2007
Jerry has proven conclusively, under scientifically controlled conditions that he has been able to astral project himself to a distant location,
If this is true, then Jerry should go and claim his 1 million dollar prize here: www.randi.org/research/
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Ynot(m): 2:42am On Apr 10, 2007
Astral travel is as real as the air you breathe and its by no means demonic as some will have you believe. Infact, Brainwave mind voyage have cds that uses audio induced brain wave frequency alteration to project you outta your body. I once thought it was all garbage until i tried their 'lucid dream' cd. Not only can i control my dreams now, i can dream and be aware I'm dreaming. It was spooky at first but if you believe, you will discover that as far as the spiritual realm goes, there are infinite possibilities.

Caveat amptor: Out of body experience can be dangerous.
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 10, 2007
Guess what!
I'm typing this in my out-of-body mode.
Wow! This is so cool.

Ewu!!
Re: Astral Travel Or Out Of Body Experiences by naomijt(f): 3:00pm On Apr 10, 2007
I see a lot of crazy fellas here.

@ Jen33
I think you are simply an agent, you are delibrately propagating this evil.
Like Geegengs rightly said, there are only two spirits you can yield to, God and the devil. Certainly, astral travelling is demonic. Having a near-death experience is different from an out of body experience. there is no point mingling the two together.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Any Nigerian Fooled By Pastor With 666 Tattoo Claiming To Be Divine / See What Pastor Kumuyi Wore When He Came To Aba / The Ungodly Influence Of Dance And Secular Music To Youths.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.