Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,366 members, 7,850,337 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:48 PM

Identify Every Good Thing In You In Christ - 1 John 4:4, Philemon 1:6 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Identify Every Good Thing In You In Christ - 1 John 4:4, Philemon 1:6 (186 Views)

37 Bibles That Removed "Trinity" Verse (1 John 5:7) From Their Translation. / Johannine Comma (1 John 5:7) / What You Need To Know About Confession Of Sins From 1 John 1:9 - Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Identify Every Good Thing In You In Christ - 1 John 4:4, Philemon 1:6 by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 14, 2018
I want you to focus on the phrase: ”every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus” (Philemon 1:6). This is where you have to become a student of the Bible to find out what the Bible says about faith. It is the bridge between the seen and the unseen, the bridge that makes the scriptures come alive and real. If it is going to be effectual, it is through acknowledging every good thing IN YOU IN CHRIST JESUS. The more you acknowledge it, the more effectual your exercise of that faith becomes.

One of the good things in us in Christ is the presence of the Holy Spirit. The Bible says in 1 John 4:4 “greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world.” You may be a professor, banker or millionaire; that is a good thing but not a good thing in you IN CHRIST. You must not confuse the natural good things that are in you with the good things that are in you in Christ Jesus.

A renowned apostle of faith said “it is more important that a child of God knows how to pray than to get a university degree.” He was not belittling a university education but was saying that a Christian should know how to pray. This is because a university education cannot make you stronger spiritually, but when you begin to acknowledge the presence of the Holy Spirit in your life, it gives your faith a boost. Take time to study all Bible verses that say “In Christ” and see what you really have in Christ!

PRAYER: Lord, I acknowledge the presence of the Holy Spirit in my heart and I celebrate what I am in Christ today in Jesus’ name.

BIBLE IN A YEAR: Nehemiah 7:73-9:21, 1 Corinthians 9:1-18, Psalm 33:12-22, Proverbs 21:11-12

Rev. Olusola Areogun

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 19/08/18 / Adeboye & The Rest Please Open The Windows Of Heaven Or Step Down- MEL (video) / Develop Your Faith Before Crisis Comes - Habakkuk 2:4, Hebrews 11:6, 1 John 5:4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.