Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie (6161 Views)

Poll: Was Amodu's sack a mistake?

Yes: 40% (23 votes)
No: 59% (34 votes)
This poll has ended

Police Take Over Headquarters Of NFF Following Court Order Sacking Amaju Pinnick / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / West Bromwich Coach Roy Hodgson Blasts Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by geniuscity: 9:22pm On Jun 23, 2010
Osase is a fool. SE fans has been hyping him. IF he's any good, Totenham wouldn't be finding it difficult swapping pavlychenko for osase
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by Myself2(m): 9:29pm On Jun 23, 2010
geniuscity:

Osase is a fool. SE fans has been hyping him. IF he's any good,

Have been,you mean undecided
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by Dede1(m): 9:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
If Osaze Odemwingie is a fool, Nigeria is a bigger fool.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by cystein(m): 10:36pm On Jun 23, 2010
What Africans need to learn is simple, "GO HOME EARLY IN TIME FOR PRACTICE AND GET EACH ONES FOOTING PATTERN" Brazil was in Africa traveling from Algeria to Kenya, Tanzania and south africa for two months. While our non learned idiots want to come in less than a month, show off all they have and pretend to concetrate on training? It will never work. Go back to the history of the super eagles 3month training in the olympics back in the 90's. They can beat brazil again if they could follow suit.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 24, 2010
If as a football player,osas can not play on either wings then there is nothing to say,to all those saying players are being played in wrong positions,stupid dumb nigerian ways of thinking,thats why the country will remain the way it is forever,comments like some i have read here are just ridiculous,
for all those with failing memories,let you be reminded that yobo did not start as a defender,he was what mikel has become now and he was one of the best we had there and then when the old boys den started to fade out,he was made a CB cos he was equally good at that,then to make matters worse for these fools writting on here,zakora played CB for ivorycoast in their 1st match and i never heard him complain though he is a midfielder and to the dumb fool who decided to show how dumb he is by saying messi cant play on both wings,i have just nothing to say to you
read the undertone of osas interview

"I think that was also a big mistake.

"Players who could have done the job like Martins and myself - who have steered this country in many crucial matches - were no longer key players.

"This is what affected our World Cup campaign in truth."

there it goes,he felt he should be included automatically,martins included
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by AjanleKoko: 12:07am On Jun 24, 2010
It's all a flipping racket.
The NFF are usually nondescript government appointees, Northerner beneficiaries of the Arab-style patronage system.

They in turn hire idiots that won't challenge their authority and help them steal government funds.
The idiots then proceed to fill up the national teams with their cousins, sons, brothers, relatives, etc, to play for the nation in the different cadres. Man Know Man. They also shut out all the outspoken chaps on the staff, and hire only the flunkies and the grateful ones.

The dodgy players are by this co-conspirators in the plot to defraud the nation of millions of dollars in the name of organizing football. That's why they never play well; it's always about the hustle. Show up in whatever form, collect the estacodes and bonus, play any nonsense you like, and you keep getting selected.

The white coach knows the score, and doesn't bother too much. Does what he can, collects his money upfront, and 'sacks' himself after the inevitable implosion of the morons. On to the next mugu!

Stinking rats all of them.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by bigbrovar: 5:25am On Jun 24, 2010
@texazzpete
Sure you watched the World cup? Largerback employed 4-4-2, not 4-3-3.
Again u succeed in showing your ignorance of issues you talk about (why do u always do that) Largerback played a 4-3-3 formation in our first and last games and it was only in the second game that we played a 4-4-2 formation we played our first and last games with 2 defensive midfielders  and One Holding midfieder. and we now have 3 attacking minded wingers and a lone out and out striker. How you read the formation to be 4-4-2 is beyond me. But then again its you so am hardly surprised.

You're whining about the 'deeper rot' and 'lack of players'. Who was the coach in place for much of the last 8 years you're referring to?

Again u ask as silly question. I was not referring to any coach, in fact my point is that the problem and the rot in nigerian football goes behind just coaching. we are nolonger producing the quality of players as we use to before. what progress has we made in the last 8 years? The last time we were at the world cup we lost our first game ( to argentina) 1-0,  lost the second game (after going ahead) 2-1 and drew out last game. even then we were coached by a Local coach who was under a much more difficult situation then nigeria is now. he raised a team almost from scratch like 1 month to the world cup. and we were in the group of death them (Argentina, England, Sweden) Fast forward 8 years and nothing as changed even with a white man in charge. How many players do we have playing in Top teams? There was a period when our players got the african player of the year award 4 times consecutively now we dont even make the 10 ten. The only Nigeria player playing for a top club is Mikel but even he is not a super regular he is more of a squad member than a first 11.

Ask yourself why a coach Amodu with a wealth of experience in the local league would fail to bring in any decent talent from the local league to bolster the team
.   You can not give what you dont have. I dont think I Amodu is the best coach in the world but he is not as bad as many Nigerians make him to be. Yes is his not Charismatic but this guy has records that speaks for him. Twice he has Qualified the team to the world cup. Twice he was sacked and replaced and twice his replacement got let the world cup with a single point. Through out the last time he was coach of Nigeria he lost only one game. Just one game and he was fired. This guy took so much BS from Nigerians and our FA and yet he never complained. His allowance was not paid, he was even told while in the nations cup that no matter what he would be replaced whether he does well or not. How many people can work under such conditions? yet he still got the nation a bronze medal. our last white man coach got us nothing in the last nations cup remember? Fine Amodu is not a Good coach yet your white man coach used this same squad he too to nations cup to the world cup. used the same formation he used. and Nigerians are now saying he should be retained? where is the consistency? if he had been amodu we would have hung him . we would have shouted oh why didnt he use Utaka? why did he play Kaita on the right of midfield? The lack of consistency is what hikes me the most about the whole situ.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by 12large: 5:36am On Jun 24, 2010
wow osaze the man that single handedly made nigeria qualify in 2009 is now branded as a fool just because of a white coach. if your osaze won't you be frustrated, he came into this worldcup as nigeria star man looking to find a new big club only for this goat of a coach to bench him for who "sani keita" now i know how many fake as.s nigerian ans we have
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by omar22(m): 6:09am On Jun 24, 2010
wow osaze the man that single handedly made nigeria qualify in 2009 is now branded as a fool just because of a white coach. if your osaze won't you be frustrated, he came into this worldcup as nigeria star man looking to find a new big club only for this goat of a coach to bench him for who "sani keita" now i know how many fake behind nigerian ans we have

No man is an island

Osaze is a FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL its not formula 1 when its you and your car, but its a team sport,
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by Myself2(m): 7:56am On Jun 24, 2010
omar22:

No man is an island

Osaze is a FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL its not formula 1 when its you and your car, but its a team sport,

Are you just saying this to make yourself feel good or what.You can see he's frustrated that Lagerbeer is not the messiah they thought he'd be afterall.
Also,being a member of the squad,he must have heard of the shady agreement Largerbeer had with those corrupt NFF goons as per sharing his pay,that obviously has made him realise that Lars Largerback only took the jo to rip off Nigeria.To me,Osaze did not even say much,he should be commended for displaying maturity in the face of gross irritation.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by texazzpete(m): 8:04am On Jun 24, 2010
bigbrovar:

Again u ask as silly question. I was not referring to any coach, in fact my point is that the problem and the rot in nigerian football goes behind just coaching. we are nolonger producing the quality of players as we use to before. what progress has we made in the last 8 years? The last time we were at the world cup we lost our first game ( to argentina) 1-0,  lost the second game (after going ahead) 2-1 and drew out last game. even then we were coached by a Local coach who was under a much more difficult situation then nigeria is now. he raised a team almost from scratch like 1 month to the world cup. and we were in the group of death them (Argentina, England, Sweden) Fast forward 8 years and nothing as changed even with a white man in charge. How many players do we have playing in Top teams? There was a period when our players got the african player of the year award 4 times consecutively now we dont even make the 10 ten. The only Nigeria player playing for a top club is Mikel but even he is not a super regular he is more of a squad member than a first 11.
.   You can not give what you dont have. I dont think I Amodu is the best coach in the world but he is not as bad as many Nigerians make him to be. Yes is his not Charismatic but this guy has records that speaks for him. Twice he has Qualified the team to the world cup. Twice he was sacked and replaced and twice his replacement got let the world cup with a single point. Through out the last time he was coach of Nigeria he lost only one game. Just one game and he was fired. This guy took so much BS from Nigerians and our FA and yet he never complained. His allowance was not paid, he was even told while in the nations cup that no matter what he would be replaced whether he does well or not. How many people can work under such conditions? yet he still got the nation a bronze medal. our last white man coach got us nothing in the last nations cup remember? Fine Amodu is not a Good coach yet your white man coach used this same squad he too to nations cup to the world cup. used the same formation he used. and Nigerians are now saying he should be retained? where is the consistency? if he had been amodu we would have hung him . we would have shouted oh why didnt he use Utaka? why did he play Kaita on the right of midfield? The lack of consistency is what hikes me the most about the whole situ.  

Utter balderdash from you as usual.
The job of a coach also includes rejuvenating the team, bringing in fresh players with new ideas to replace the ageing team members. Amodu has had extensive experience in Nigeria's local league, yet even with that local know-how the fellow could not blend in any decent regulars from the local league. Instead the porky fellow preferred to allow the team stagnate, allowing our 'Golden Generation' to become the 'olden generation'. And this fellow had the opportunity of numerous friendlies and the Nations Cup to find new talent.
Our world cup qualification was fraught with poor football and an overreliance on pure luck to qualify. Only luck sustained us against Tunisia and Mozambique, and in most cases our goals came from rare flashes of individual brilliance by some players.
Yes, he qualified us to the world cup, but he mortgaged our future. It's just like Otto Rehhaggel won the Euros, but destroyed the future of the Greek team by refusing to change the same old players for many years. At a point you really have to make a hard decision for the best of the team. And we did that for Amodu.

The problem with Nigerian football is threefold : Coach, Players and NFF. Now we've solved the Coach part by hiring a decent coach, so we WILL see some improvement going forward. All we need now is new players, we're NEVER going to solve the NFF issue. Under Amodu, we would have had a mediocre coach (please re-read Odemwingie's comments about Amodu's coaching methods), bad players and a bad NFF. And that's just unacceptable.

Real Super Eagles fans like myself will support Largerback. People like you and Osaze will rather focus on rewarding a few individuals rather than the collective joy of millions of Nigerians. Luckily, you're in the minority.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by tkb417(m): 8:06am On Jun 24, 2010
Myself2:

Are you just saying this to make yourself fell good or what.You can see he's frustrated that Lagerbeer is not the messiah they thought he'd be afterall.
Also,being a member of the squad,he must have heard of the shady agreement Largerbeer had with those corrupt NFF goons as per sharing his pay,that obviously has made him realise that Lars Largerback only took the jo to rip off Nigeria.To me,Osaze did not even say much,he should be commended for displaying maturity in the face of gross irritation.
excuse me? are u on this planet?

The same Osaze that lauded Lagerback just b4 the world cup (during the friendlies)

the same mouth he used in praising him hes using to bring him down cos he couldnt tie down a shirt

Osaze has no brain and he shd speak less or he gets himself more sticks; He talsk too much as a footballer
Hes shd have done his talking on the field
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by mbulela: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2010
AjanleKoko:

It's all a flipping racket.
The NFF are usually nondescript government appointees, Northerner beneficiaries of the Arab-style patronage system.

They in turn hire idiots that won't challenge their authority and help them steal government funds.
The idiots then proceed to fill up the national teams with their cousins, sons, brothers, relatives, etc, to play for the nation in the different cadres. Man Know Man. They also shut out all the outspoken chaps on the staff, and hire only the flunkies and the grateful ones.

The dodgy players are by this co-conspirators in the plot to defraud the nation of millions of dollars in the name of organizing football. That's why they never play well; it's always about the hustle. Show up in whatever form, collect the estacodes and bonus, play any nonsense you like, and you keep getting selected.

The white coach knows the score, and doesn't bother too much. Does what he can, collects his money upfront, and 'sacks' himself after the inevitable implosion of the morons. On to the next mugu!

Stinking rats all of them.
According to Jahborne, now who be the maga??
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by montelik(m): 8:31am On Jun 24, 2010
When Osaze was running his mouth dissing Amodu and I pointed out that it was bad behaviour, people said he had a right to speak out as a key super eagles player. When he was praising Lagerback after just meeting him, saying he had saved us from the scourge of Amodu, I pointed out that this was the same way some of our players were instantly praising Vogts after he took over as well. Now Osaze has come full circle to start blasting Lagerback and saying the sack of Amodu was wrong. The same people who all hurried to justify Osaze behavior under Amodu, the same people who used his criticism of Amodu to justify their biased opinions of Amodu. They now want to condemn Osaze because don't they like what he said, they now know it is disrespectful. The same people that said there was substance in his critique of Amodu now readily dismiss his criticism of Lagerback. See life grin
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by honeric01(m): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2010
@montelik
May God bless you, most NL users commenting on football matters are some bunch of confused beings, i just don't know why they don't have a mind of their own, they are like a woman that has a Bi-polar mood, always ready to change direction like the wind just like Osaze is doing now.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by otokx(m): 9:19am On Jun 24, 2010
The end of a matter is truly better than the beginning; many things went wrong after the NATIONS cup and it started with the sacking of AMODU who met the pass mark set by NFF. The AMAECHI led PTF then hijacked the situation and took us to the cementary for a befitting burial. Our highest goal scorer in the qualifiers was dropped on a flimsy excuse. MIKEL saw the handwriting on the wall and took off. Then this oyibo came and started romancing the media and we thought all was well now see where it all ended.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by Guyman02: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2010
Samson Siasia should be given the opportunity to build a new generation Super Eagles for Nigeria. He is presently the best coach in Nigeria. case closed
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by bigbrovar: 9:44am On Jun 24, 2010
texazzpete:

Utter balderdash from you as usual.
The job of a coach also includes rejuvenating the team, bringing in fresh players with new ideas to replace the ageing team members. Amodu has had extensive experience in Nigeria's local league, yet even with that local know-how the fellow could not blend in any decent regulars from the local league. Instead the porky fellow preferred to allow the team stagnate, allowing our 'Golden Generation' to become the 'olden generation'. And this fellow had the opportunity of numerous friendlies and the Nations Cup to find new talent.
Our world cup qualification was fraught with poor football and an overreliance on pure luck to qualify. Only luck sustained us against Tunisia and Mozambique, and in most cases our goals came from rare flashes of individual brilliance by some players.
Yes, he qualified us to the world cup, but he mortgaged our future. It's just like Otto Rehhaggel won the Euros, but destroyed the future of the Greek team by refusing to change the same old players for many years. At a point you really have to make a hard decision for the best of the team. And we did that for Amodu.

I just knew u would ignore the part of how you new coach used the same formation with Amodu At least accept the fact that you got it wrong with the teams formation your white man coach used. Anyway like I said Amodu is not a saint. He has his fault, It would have been nice like u said if he had brought in more fresh blood to the team why I didn't (or couldn't we would never know) Some coaches love to stick with players who have distinguished themselves. If I were do choose a coach for Nigeria I would pick siasia who seem more enterprising and adventurous a coach who knows what he wants will not take BS from any player and a someone who is disciplined. This are not characteristics I would attribute to Amodu but this does not make him as bad as many portray him to be. There is no luck in football But anytime Amodu wins it is luck (or the players individual skills) and when he loses its all his fault, see how he is in a no win situation? Amodu would have won the nations cup and Nigerians would still have hated him and called him incompetent. People say oh it was Mozambique that qualified us for the world Cup forgetting that Amodu's team did not lose at home, A feet the Tunisians were unable to achieve in even all they needed was a draw.

Nigerians should try and be Objective, Before u criticize  a man  try and walk his shoes. How many can work in a Condition where you allowances was not being paid, where even though you delivered people always criticized you? where even your employers looked you in the face and said whether you perform well or we are still going to replace you? I mean how many people can work under such situation and still win something? Amodu is not responsible for the rot in the Nigerian league. Did your white man coach take any Home based players to the world Cup? At least he had Amokachi (the coach of the home based Eagles) and Other Nigerian Assistance in his coaching team who could have helped him in his picking someone from the Home based. Putting into consideration the condition that Amodu had to work in I would give say he did a great job as no white coach would ever ever work in such a condition.

The problem with Nigerian football is threefold : Coach, Players and NFF. Now we've solved the Coach part by hiring a decent coach, so we WILL see some improvement going forward. All we need now is new players, we're NEVER going to solve the NFF issue. Under Amodu, we would have had a mediocre coach (please re-read Odemwingie's comments about Amodu's coaching methods), bad players and a bad NFF. And that's just unacceptable.

Same Osaze had something to say about your new white man's method. And how is he a decent coach? what has he achieved before coming to Nigeria? remember he failed to qualify his own country to the world cup and really wikipedia this guy and tell me what he has achieved? Amodu has more laurels than this guy (yeah even if he is a bad coach, he has won league titles with BBC Lions, El kanemi (On many Occasions)  and even won the CAF Cup winners Cup. Outside the shores of Nigeria he performed very well in Orlando Pirates in South Africa and has had like 2 Bronze Medal effort in African Nations Cup. This are not the best of CV for a coach but really there are not the CV of a bad horrible Coach. You white man does not even come close to this.

From the looks of things the way the world cup played out  Lars Lagerbäck is definitely not the messiah we need. He lacks complete lacks of understanding of Nigerian Football, (maybe he needs time) But playing Kaita as 7? i mean (wtf?) we lacked width in this team and yet we had someone like Utaka on the bench. U need to hear what Osaze said about his tactis.  For the sake of consistency I would say keep it and give him time. But we have to admit his first report card is an F9.

Real Super Eagles fans like myself will support Largerback. People like you and Osaze will rather focus on rewarding a few individuals rather than the collective joy of millions of Nigerians. Luckily, you're in the minority.
see him calling himself real super eagles fan. I don't need to show my barge and no need to bring in sentiment. Be objective, most of your Argument (as always) are never based on facts. You are yet to state how a coach who even though in one of the easiest groups in the world cup manage to grab just one point? lost to greece? I mean Greece beside Nigeria were the weeping boys of out team. Yet we could not beat Greece. And we lost to S.Korea even though we had the game in our hands. I mean back me up with facts and stop being emotional about this. I rather be a sensible thoughtful Minority than be in a reactionary Mob
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by Iyineda(m): 11:15am On Jun 24, 2010
Osaze was my greatest letdown of the tournament. And his 360 u-turn about Amodu isn't helping. . .

I hope, really do hope he goes to a better club next season and improve in his end product. He needs to be more decisive, a true leader. In the next tournament Nigeria will be competing in the captaincy will be between him and Enyeama.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by starpryde(m): 11:20am On Jun 24, 2010
Indeed Osaze is truly a Nigerian, because only a nigerian player think like that. Hosanna today Hallelujah tomorrow. If our dear Osaze is expecting a miracle 4rm Largerback in two month then, he is indeed a fool.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by tkb417(m): 11:33am On Jun 24, 2010
The same people who all hurried to justify Osaze behavior under Amodu, the same people who used his criticism of Amodu to justify their biased opinions of Amodu. They now want to condemn Osaze because don't they like what he said, they now know it is disrespectful. The same people that said there was substance in his critique of Amodu now readily dismiss his criticism of Lagerback. See life 

i dont see how this is too big to understand

if Osaze came out initially to disparage the appointment of Amodu right from the word go, and people blasted him for that- then u have a point

as it is, Osaze is not different from the political merceneries in 9ja who will sing your praise so far their good are covered.

If the man lambasted Lagerback from the beginning and now came out after their shambolic outing to corroborate his earlier stance, we'll understand.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by reubeno(m): 11:58am On Jun 24, 2010
osaze is a fool and reminds me of chop chop government of PDP, he was the first to clamp down on Amodu after d ANC finals in angola. Yeye chicken since him self and martins cud not bribe lars to get playing time as against their fitness, 'you cannot  import from an empty file' oloshi buruku
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by texazzpete(m): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2010
bigbrovar:

I just knew u would ignore the part of how you new coach used the same formation with Amodu

As soon as you own up to being wrong about the formation Largerback used, i will.

bigbrovar:

Anyway like I said Amodu is not a saint. He has his fault, It would have been nice like u said if he had brought in more fresh blood to the team why I didn't (or couldn't we would never know) Some coaches love to stick with players who have distinguished themselves. If I were do choose a coach for Nigeria I would pick siasia who seem more enterprising and adventurous a coach who knows what he wants will not take BS from any player and a someone who is disciplined. This are not characteristics I would attribute to Amodu but this does not make him as bad as many portray him to be. There is no luck in football But anytime Amodu wins it is luck (or the players individual skills) and when he loses its all his fault, see how he is in a no win situation? Amodu would have won the nations cup and Nigerians would still have hated him and called him incompetent. People say oh it was Mozambique that qualified us for the world Cup forgetting that Amodu's team did not lose at home, A feet the Tunisians were unable to achieve in even all they needed was a draw.

It would not have just been 'nice'. It would have been extremely good. It would have been doing what any good coach is supposed to do. it's not the option, the luxury people like you try and make it out to be. It is a neccessity to keep the team competitive. And Amodu failed us in that regard.
I'm interested as to how you're so convinced that Siasia 'will not take BS from any player'. The man has been a youth team coach for Nigeria - he has never had to contend with the oversized egos and the 'mafia' and 'cabals' within the team. As Junior team coach, he has not been placed under the same pressure from the NFF as Amodu was. I'm not saying he's not all you describe him as, but the man has not yet gone through that baptism of fire.
What i find funny is that in your own words, you admit that amodu is not very enterprising, adventurous and is somewhat susceptible to player influence. Is this the kind of coach you as a self-described Eagles fan would love to see coaching Nigeria?

And yes, luck does exist in football. SOmetimes you make your own luck, like the US yesterday sending waves of strikers up front at the Algerians, exerting serious pressure until they scored. But sometimes you're just plain lucky. Take a look at the South Korean players and coach's faces when Yakubu missed that ball that even my 80 year old grandmother will score. Against Mozambique away, we were repeatedly torn to shreds and saved by the bar on more than one occasion. I will not dwell on this point. Suffice it to say that the Eagles under Amodu stumbled their way to many undeserved wins and draws. And that is no comfort to true fans.

bigbrovar:

Nigerians should try and be Objective, Before u criticize a man try and walk his shoes. How many can work in a Condition where you allowances was not being paid, where even though you delivered people always criticized you? where even your employers looked you in the face and said whether you perform well or we are still going to replace you? I mean how many people can work under such situation and still win something? Amodu is not responsible for the rot in the Nigerian league. Did your white man coach take any Home based players to the world Cup? At least he had Amokachi (the coach of the home based Eagles) and Other Nigerian Assistance in his coaching team who could have helped him in his picking someone from the Home based. Putting into consideration the condition that Amodu had to work in I would give say he did a great job as no white coach would ever ever work in such a condition.

Forget all the hype; Amodu's allowances were being paid. Perhaps sometimes not as promptly, but they were being paid. When you're the coach of your national team and you're reasonably well off yourself, pride and patriotism is a good enough motivation to get you through. I'm not suprised you're descending into melodrama; No one told Amodu to his face that they were going to replace him even if he did well or not. And i do not imagine that stumbling to a third place finish in the Nations cup was 'doing well'. The World Cup is where the real deal is at. Go ask Egypt - they'd have gladly traded places with Algeria. We just could not trust Amodu with doing anything good with the team at the world cup, not after their poor displays at the Nations Cup.
Stop swallowing Amodu's FUD about his 'work condition'. He was given a job to do and paid to do it. if at any time he felt that he was not being well rewarded for his services, the honourable thing to do would have been to quit. When you stay on a job on which the hopes and dreams of Nigerians rest upon, you damned well better do the Job. Of all the excuses you've given, this is the silliest.
I hope you're this generous when doctors, police, teachers and firemen give you for rendering poor services to you.

bigbrovar:

Same Osaze had something to say about your new white man's method. And how is he a decent coach? what has he achieved before coming to Nigeria? remember he failed to qualify his own country to the world cup and really wikipedia this guy and tell me what he has achieved? Amodu has more laurels than this guy (yeah even if he is a bad coach, he has won league titles with BBC Lions, El kanemi (On many Occasions) and even won the CAF Cup winners Cup. Outside the shores of Nigeria he performed very well in Orlando Pirates in South Africa and has had like 2 Bronze Medal effort in African Nations Cup. This are not the best of CV for a coach but really there are not the CV of a bad horrible Coach. You white man does not even come close to this.

Yeah, local coach, local methods. Unlucky for us that FIFA lists other members apart from African Nations.
Shebi Osaze confessed that Amodu had NEVER used game videos as part of their training program? remember that these are not the words of an embittered player, so that's much more likely to be an honest statement.
The taste of the pudding is in the eating. And when entrusted with the Eagles, Amodu made sure he was responsible for the future decline of the team.

bigbrovar:

From the looks of things the way the world cup played out Lars Lagerbäck is definitely not the messiah we need. He lacks complete lacks of understanding of Nigerian Football, (maybe he needs time) But playing Kaita as 7? i mean (wtf?) we lacked width in this team and yet we had someone like Utaka on the bench. U need to hear what Osaze said about his tactis. For the sake of consistency I would say keep it and give him time. But we have to admit his first report card is an F9.

'Someone like Utaka'
When last did Utaka turn in a decent performance for club or country? After seeing his shitty display against Chelsea, i wanted no part of him. You'll find that most SE fans were even questioning Utaka's inclusion in the squad sef.
Your comments about Kaita are valid opinions, but the same Kaita had been glorying in the attention his position on the right got after the Colombia match. Supersport reported that his teammates were thrilled will his performance, dubbing him the 'new finidi'
http://www.supersport.com/football/article.aspx?Id=351446
Kaita himself was so thrilled, he put this up on this Facebook page as 'Link to article calling me the new Finidi'

So for all intents, kaita had an 'outstanding' game on the right against Colombia. Why is Largerback now being reviled for playing this same fellow on the right?

Osaze's comments are not to be taken seriously, and anyone who does so needs to be seriously ashamed of himself. This was how Yekini came out blasting Westerhof after we narrowly lost to italy, claiming his teammates were instructed not to pass the ball to him.
If you believe Osaze's comments, why not also accept Yekini's silly accusations against the likes of Siasia and Westerhof (our most successful coach ever)?

bigbrovar:

see him calling himself real super eagles fan. I don't need to show my barge and no need to bring in sentiment. Be objective, most of your Argument (as always) are never based on facts. You are yet to state how a coach who even though in one of the easiest groups in the world cup manage to grab just one point? lost to greece? I mean Greece beside Nigeria were the weeping boys of out team. Yet we could not beat Greece. And we lost to S.Korea even though we had the game in our hands. I mean back me up with facts and stop being emotional about this. I rather be a sensible thoughtful Minority than be in a reactionary Mob

Our group was relaitvely EASY. Why? because it contained Nigeria. On any milestone, any scorecard or any yardstick, we were always lumped among the weak teams. When people start blabbing about our group being 'easy', i wonder if they realise that Nigeria in there serves to reinforce the 'easy' tag. To South Korea, our group was 'easy' because it had us and Greece. ditto for the greeks. I can bet they would have been far more scared of drawing Cameroun or Ivory Coast.
That is Amodu's legacy - we are now a weak, third rate team. Sure, we can hold our own in Africa (for the smaller teams), but even then i'd be extremely apprehensive going up against the likes of Egypt, Ivory Coast, Cameroun and Ghana. Hell, we look more shaky than the South Africans.

That is Amodu's legacy. And Largerback (Or perhaps Siasia) will have their work cut out for them to lead us out of this mess.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by mensdept: 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2010
I agree with Osaze, but unfortunately the short playing time he received in SA, he didnt do much.

Amodu was not a good coach, and Lagerback too wast a good coach, hence a regret for firing Amodu.

People are quick to blame Osaze because we are out of this tournament. We are out not because of him, but as for NFF (who didnt need a Osaze to tell them that AMODU was a joke) and the silly YAKUBU and co who some persons were on Nairaland defending.

Osaze continous to be one of our better players, and he and Martins didnt get more playing time, so yes, he can talk to spin journalist about his ordeal rather than Kaitaing or Anelkaing his way out
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by omar22(m): 4:36pm On Jun 24, 2010
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying - Michael Jordan

i KNOW we lost but we crashed out of thr world cup due to minor incident which were man made problems not the fault of the manager, but we played better than what I have seen since Nigeria / Ghana 2000 and this is a team lagerback had for the first time from the 3rd week in May, the team were able to string 4 or 5 passes together , Its Ok for Amodu to bully the like of kenya, Benin or Zambia but these teams are catching up, Amodu did not try to improve his ability / knowledge
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by calyx: 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2010
mens dept:

I agree with Osaze, but unfortunately the short playing time he received in SA, he didnt do much.

Amodu was not a good coach, and Lagerback too wast a good coach, hence a regret for firing Amodu.

People are quick to blame Osaze because we are out of this tournament. We are out not because of him, but as for NFF (who didnt need a Osaze to tell them that AMODU was a joke) and the silly YAKUBU and co who some persons were on Nairaland defending.

Osaze continous to be one of our better players, and he and Martins didnt get more playing time, so yes, he can talk to spin journalist about his ordeal rather than Kaitaing or Anelkaing his way out

If you ask me, this is more like what Anelka did or even worse. Afterall Anelka only bad-mouthed his coach in private only that it was leaked later on. But to continuously bad mouth your boss in front of the press is a no no as much in football as in every other thing including the military - Ask General Stanley Mcchrystal
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2010
@ 12large

Wat i only believe abt osazies opinion was nvr wrong, see guyz i think we are not tackling dis issue 4rm wre we are suppose 2. see fine, amodu clames to have coached d self called professionals and not just locally based players but international but stil accept dis fact dat he wouldn't go on field and play the game himself evn if he's not go technically.

Pls lets b sensible abt our comment hre and stop talking all bcuz we needed to say something.[color=#770077][/color] cry
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by sultan003(m): 10:02pm On Jun 24, 2010
osaze is a fool, and he should learn how 2 relate wit d press. Abt LARBACK'S FORMATION: he is a strict 4-4-2 man, all matches we playd unda him d formation was 4-4-2.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by tayoast(m): 10:55pm On Jun 24, 2010
Osaze. . . . total letdown.

Apparently, his snub was justified.
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by 12large: 9:32am On Jun 25, 2010
lagerback is the big let down and not osaze, why get the job if your not going to know the players, you just cannot bench your best player and not get slack for it, osaze was our best player from 2009 to 2010 only for lars to start playing him in the wrong position. and for you omar22 i hope your not in any way defending lars playing keita at right wing, there is absolutely no excuse even against colombia he was totally useless in that position he never played any good game in that position, he is not good enough to clean osaze boots, and there is no way on earth that a real nigerian would put a stupid mallam keita in right wing ahead of osaze absolutely no reason
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2010
hiss
Re: Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 10:27am On Jun 25, 2010
hiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Sure Pool Draws Is Ready For This Week / . / Nigeria Wins Bronze At U21 Beach Volleyball Championship In Cairo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.