Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty (26862 Views)

Linda Ikeji: I Was Kicked Out Of Miss Nigeria Contest In 2003 / Linda Ikeji: I Was Too Picky With The Successful Men That Came My Way / Linda Ikeji: I Can Hide Baby Bump For Africa Sha! (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Adakintroy: 5:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
Every calm down! Am in charge here!

Na we be poverty! Na we eat oribotor, na we break kannel take soak garri. Na we!...so calm down na we de umpire this thread.

So..(clears throat )

Anyone who came out from poverty is permitted ok!

The truth is poverty is more cruel and mind absorving. Only making it out..my guy....na huge relieve.

So if you de eat mama thank you since them born you. Abeg no oppose!

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by pocohantas(f): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2018
oyb:

Someone is trolling cheesy cheesy

I'm serious, I really want to know. I came out of poverty too, maybe because we ain't rich. So, I can't relate YET.
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by opribo(m): 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
Majority of them today so called celebrity actors and actresses and music stars are like that. They came from face me i face you homes.

Its easy to know them, they like to live big and show off. For them life is a contest. They dont take life easy at all its always like they are battling with something. If you ever have any dealings with such children, they will swindle you and call you a mugu. These ones grew up in a struggle to live environment where you can do anything to survive. The end justifices the means kind of environment. If you commit any crime and survive its ok as long as you are not caught.

Unlike children born from elite homes, they take life easy, their upbringing was not in a winner takes it all enviroment. They love and share. They live one day at a time no unnecessary struggle.

2 Likes

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Heavance(m): 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2018
StarUp:
Nawao, the past poverty and suffering still shows in her grammar... Sister, it should have been "...most expensive neighbourhood in the continent,..." It is well! grin
You people ehn

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by StarUp: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
SoNature:

English professor

It's not shows

It's show

Things show...things don't 'shows'

Nobody sabi all

I bet you don't know or have forgotten about "personification" and "continuous tense"... This ain't the first time she is murdering the ethics of grammatology... If you know, you know!

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by bigpicture001: 6:08pm On Aug 14, 2018
which suffer dix one suffer...gals don't suffer dt much in.poverty like guys do...

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by mysteryman2014: 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2018
Poverty mentality

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Icon79(m): 6:35pm On Aug 14, 2018
But what exactly is she "showing off" tho? Is it that puff puff face or something else

O pari

Mcoutureankara:
By DIAMONDZ BLOG

30 year old Fashion entrepreneur Laura Ikeji, younger sister of Linda Ikeji has taken to her instagram page to tell her followers the reason why she is always flaunting her wealth on sociaĺ media.

See what Laura Ikeji wrote;

http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/08/14/why-wont-i-show-off-i-came-out-of-poverty-laura-ikeji/

2 Likes

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Vondoola: 6:47pm On Aug 14, 2018
Foolish and stupid reasoning. Common sense they say its not really common
Mcoutureankara:
By DIAMONDZ BLOG

30 year old Fashion entrepreneur Laura Ikeji, younger sister of Linda Ikeji has taken to her instagram page to tell her followers the reason why she is always flaunting her wealth on sociaĺ media.

http://diamondzblog.com.ng/2018/08/14/why-wont-i-show-off-i-came-out-of-poverty-laura-ikeji/

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by luckyogor(m): 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2018
GOD bless their sister for them.
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Nobody: 6:59pm On Aug 14, 2018
tolusan:
You may have come out of poverty but poverty certainly might not have come out of you. Its now manifesting in compulsion to show off.

Wow, I like your writeup.

2 Likes

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Adesolomon2014(m): 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
Mcoutureankara:
By DIAMONDZ BLOG

Its not up to me to decide, condemn or justify why you show off. My own is for you to gerrarahia, make i see front cool
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by AnuliKay: 7:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
People are different. I wish her all the best.

Butts are in. Like, big time! They are everywhere on the internet, and social media. Having a big backside is the new definition of sexy. From celebrities like Nicki Minaj to famous people e.g. Kim Kardashian, and more recently instagram stars, the common denominator of a bubble butt is noticeable.

Many women crave bigger butts. However, most of them choose surgery as the sure fire way of achieving the voluptuous backside of their dreams. Unfortunately, this procedure is very expensive. It can easily cost thousands of dollars to get butt implants. As such, many women have resorted to a backyard operation run by quacks.

Black Entertainment Television (BET) has carried out an investigation into this practice and the results are shocking. Some women are dying from these operations.

Read more and see reactions: https://kaynuli.com/killer-curves-is-a-must-watch-for-millenials/

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by SoNature(m): 7:09pm On Aug 14, 2018
StarUp:

I bet you don't know or have forgotten about "personification" and "continuous tense"... This ain't the first time she is murdering the ethics of grammatology... If you know, you know!

Oga, the only English rule that disobeys the normal syntax is concord.

Eg, Tunde alongside his daughter is here

Your grammar is wrong; admit it.

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by YorubaAssasin: 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
cooldood:

That's why poverty is a bastard, but poverty of the mind is worse. If you are not poor in your mind, you won't still show off. But because she's still poor in her mind, she needs to show off. Empty vessels make the loudest noise, thats why most africans are always noisy when they seem to achieve a little in life.

Well said! cool

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Daboomb: 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2018
olaolulazio:
What do u want Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola and Olaolulazio to say?

Grow up girl!

That is what acute poverty does to the brain, when growing up.!

Small change wey dem get, is running all their family mad.
grin grin
They cant just adapt to having a little bit of money to spend.
That is why they say that Pigs are not supposed to lie on Beds, even if you dump them there, they would not keep quiet until they fall-off to the ground.

Abeg, keep runing your mouth, you and your sister wey carry "spirit-belle", na dem sabi.
grin grin
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Daboomb: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
shine12:
Growing up in poverty still doesn't justify showing off. Not that I care whether she shows off or not though!

Honestly, she is just the raw, money-miss-road, rasz-girl with no class!
Come to think of it, what is these people's networth that they will not allow us to hear word?
The really rich people in Nigeria must be laughing right now and asking: Who bewitched this Ikeji family, exchanging their braisn for small change?
grin grin
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Dollarship(m): 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2018
StarUp:
Nawao, the past poverty and suffering still shows in her grammar... Sister, it should have been "...most expensive neighbourhood in the continent,..." It is well! grin
continue correcting English on social media someones acct is going up cheesy
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Mcslize: 7:38pm On Aug 14, 2018
StarUp:

Ah ah! I think that was an oversight on her part not that she intentionally typed neighbour instead of neighbourhood.

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Ugosample(m): 7:43pm On Aug 14, 2018
opribo:
Majority of them today so called celebrity actors and actresses and music stars are like that. They came from face me i face you homes.

Its easy to know them, they like to live big and show off. For them life is a contest. They dont take life easy at all its always like they are battling with something. If you ever have any dealings with such children, they will swindle you and call you a mugu. These ones grew up in a struggle to live environment where you can do anything to survive. The end justifices the means kind of environment. If you commit any crime and survive its ok as long as you are not caught.

Unlike children born from elite homes, they take life easy, their upbringing was not in a winner takes it all enviroment. They love and share. They live one day at a time no unnecessary struggle.

You are right tho

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Khed: 7:52pm On Aug 14, 2018
See Mumu talk. Well you are not to be blamed. it's our mentality in black nation's.

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2018
When you come out of poverty, you should be humble and compassionate. Showing off should not be the way to express your success.

If successful countries and peoples like America and its people think like you, Laura, they wouldn't allow anybody to come to their country to enjoy.

They won't open up their schools and hospitals to people from third world countries. They will not allow you to come and live there or to come and give birth. Instead, Americans share their success with the poorest peoples of the world, like Nigerians.

Laura, when you succeed, you should be graceful and thankful and the way you express that is by using your fortunes to help others and to be a voice for the voiceless and the forgotten.

Showing off is immature, arrogant, and shameful, especially considering no condition is permanent and life can change from, say, an accident that deforms you or you get sick from cancer, where money doesn't mean much then.

Again, enjoy your success, Laura. But, use your popularity and success to help the least fortunate in our society. Your life becomes more fulfilled that way.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2018
INTEGRITYA1:
If it's going to be; is up to me, the me I see is the me I'll be.

We can as well invest in life changing opportunities. Real Estate is a goal.

700k Instant reward on your investments.

This offer gives you instant 700k on your investments, if you can buy 5 plots you get 1 plot extra. Meanwhile, if is 1 or 2 plots you can afford, don't miss out on this wonderful offers.

ROYAL FLEX ESTATE

Royal Flex Estate is a unique, irresistable and attractive garden located in a strategic and conducive environment in Ibeju Lekki Lagos.

LOCATION: Akodo Ise, Ibeju Lekki Lagos. 5 minutes drive after La Campagne Tropicana Beach Resort

PRICE: N700,000.

TITLE: Excision in Progress

SIZE: 600sqm

PROMO: BUY 5 PLOTS & GET ONE FREE PLOT

Now think of Ibeju Lekki, Lagos the "hottest investment zone" in Africa, seating on multi-billion Dollar international projects that will skyrocket your investments within the next 36 months, investments such as:

1. Dangote Refinery
2. Dangote Fertilizer Plant
3. Lekki Free Trade Zone
4. LA Campaign Tropicana Beach Resort
5. Lekki Int. Airport
6. Lekki Deep Sea Port
7. Lagos State Golf Course
8. Lagos Smart City
9. Numerous Beach Resorts and so on

For more information, enquiries and inspection

*Call/ whatsapp: 08062342001*

What's the meaning of excision in progress?
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2018
sacluxisback:

What's the meaning of excision in progress?

It means "Excision" is undergoing the process of approval.
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Stallion93(m): 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2018
Dangote should file a lawsuit against this girl
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Nobody: 12:26am On Aug 15, 2018
INTEGRITYA1:

It means "Excision" is undergoing the process of approval.

That means it can't be sold as it stands, what if it is not granted.?
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by Tyndalejane: 3:36am On Aug 15, 2018
Don't blame her
E no eazyyyy
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by moonraker(m): 4:33am On Aug 15, 2018
idiot...

Poverty isnt all about physical riches.

She clearly hasnt recovered from poverty angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by mhizJayD(f): 7:20am On Aug 15, 2018
Nasoooo

olaolulazio:
What do u want Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola and Olaolulazio to say?

Grow up girl!
Re: Laura Ikeji: I Show Off Because I Came Out Of Poverty by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:45am On Aug 15, 2018
sacluxisback:

That means it can't be sold as it stands, what if it is not granted.?

Numbers of potential individuals and corporate organizations has been buying.

If it can't be sold, our team we not indulge ourselves in spreading the news at all.

We're 100% at peace with all the Estates under our portfolio.

We look at the credibility of real estate companies before we partner with them.

You have nothing to be afraid keying into this opportunity, at the same time I will be willing to release necessary details through which you can do your personal search about this Estate.

As a Realtor, even though we're very sure of the estates we're selling; we never prevent our customers from doing their own search and that can be done in Alausa Ikeja. When my customers are happy, I am happy.

Sir, feel free to contact me for more information and how best to go about it all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tiwa Savage And Son, Jamil Look Gorgeous In New Photos / Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda / Actress Ufuoma-Mcdermott At The "Ghana Must Go" Movie Premiere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.