Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda (26854 Views)

" See My Investment": Actress Monalisa Chinda Shows Off Her Beautiful Daughter / Monalisa Chinda: My Daughter Saw Tiwa Savage And Abandoned Me At Lagos Marathon / Monalisa Chinda And Daughter, Tamar, Work Out At The Gym (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by NaijaCelebrity: 9:24am On Apr 02, 2019
A Lagos High Lagos in Igbosere on Monday renewed a bench warrant for the arrest of actress and producer, Monalisa Chinda Coker, over a tax evasion charge.

Justice Adedayo Akintoye renewed the order for Coker’s arrest following her failure to appear in court for trial, allegedly since 2017.

She adjourned further proceedings till June 5.

When the case was called Monday, neither Coker nor her lawyer was present.

Prosecution counsel Babatunde Sumonu told the judge that the bench warrant had yet to be effected.

“The bench warrant is to continue,” Justice Akintoye held.

The judge made the original order for Coker’s arrest last January 21, following an application by the Lagos State Ministry of Justice.

The state alleged that Coker repeatedly failed to honour a court summons.

The application for her arrest flowed from a two-count charge accusing Coker of failure to file annual tax returns and pay income tax in respect of her company, Monalisa Code Productions, for six years.

Source: https://nollyzone.com/court-renews-arrest-warrant-for-actress-monalisa-chinda/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by itspzpics(m): 9:26am On Apr 02, 2019
Again

Slay queens Scatter the dance floor, as they Dance Without Bra at a party, Watch Video => HERE
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by uchman46(m): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2019
Really
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by olaolulazio(m): 9:40am On Apr 02, 2019
Awon thieving thief grin
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by NairaMedia: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2019
Good
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Nobody: 9:40am On Apr 02, 2019
angry
Tax Evasion? I'm confused! I swear to my heavenly father I am confused
So actors and actresses pay tax in Nigeria? Please someone should explain.

10 Likes

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:42am On Apr 02, 2019
Why should anyone reasonable person pay tax in this stupid country

You pay tax and Buhari / will loot them all

Thief-nubu be looting Lagos tax since 1640

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by 2shure: 9:47am On Apr 02, 2019
Everyone is frustrated,angry,,bitter,ready to curse,kill.
Poverty is no ones fault but your destiny
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by lastmessenger: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2019
I mean these people are always trying to reap where they did not sow. Tell me the reason why any reasonable person will pay tax to this government that is so anti people.

12 Likes

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Amuocha: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2019
Her MacBook can pay the entire taxes grin
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by AngelicBeing: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2019
grin
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by iornenge81(m): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2019
Tax matters
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by krokronyash(f): 9:48am On Apr 02, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry
She's got a biz, dude. Not about acting.

8 Likes

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by AngelicBeing: 9:48am On Apr 02, 2019
Amuocha:
Her MacBook can pay the entire taxes grin
tongue

1 Like

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by IjebuWarrior: 9:49am On Apr 02, 2019
These are the Fools destroying our beautiful nation...

These yeasterners sef... angry
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by RZArecta2(m): 9:50am On Apr 02, 2019
It's obvious these "bench warrants" have been targeting only those with Igbo sounding names since after the elections first Jay Jay Okocha and now Monalisa Chinda. Dear judge, this na ikwerre woman o and they'll tell you they have Benin ancestry..

Argue with your ancestors cool

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by andyprez(m): 9:56am On Apr 02, 2019
IjebuWarrior:
These are the Fools destroying our beautiful nation...

These yeasterners sef... angry

I can’t say all westerners are like you cos I know a lot of hardworking people.

But I can say that I truly do not blame you since all they’ve made you (Agbero) believe is to stand at one corner collecting hard workers money in the the name of tax.

Shior!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by RZArecta2(m): 9:57am On Apr 02, 2019
lastmessenger:
I mean these people are always trying to reap where they did not sow. Tell me the reason why any reasonable person will pay tax to this government that is so anti people.
give to Caesar what belongs to him in this case, pay your taxes. My only problem is why target only those from a perceived ethnic group especially immediately after the past elections that pitted igbos against the yorubas ? If you understand even a bit of court processes, you'll know that if they wanted to get this woman it won't take two seconds if they're really serious but hey, let's mess them up on social media

1 Like

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by bhella10: 10:04am On Apr 02, 2019
RZArecta2:
give to Caesar what belongs to him in this case, pay your taxes. My only problem is why target only those from a perceived ethnic group especially immediately after the past elections that pitted igbos against the yorubas ? If you understand even a bit of court processes, you'll know that if they wanted to get this woman it won't take two seconds if they're really serious but hey, let's mess them up on social media
She was found guilty na wasn't she? So stop wailing
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by chikeze(m): 10:05am On Apr 02, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry

Stop displaying your ignorance here. She owns a company and should pay tax like everybody.
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by bhella10: 10:08am On Apr 02, 2019
NaijaOlosho:
Why should anyone reasonable person pay tax in this stupid country

You pay tax and Buhari / will loot them all

Thief-nubu be looting Lagos tax since 1640
When they come for you for evading tax they will supply answers to your questions
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by RZArecta2(m): 10:15am On Apr 02, 2019
bhella10:
She was found guilty na wasn't she? So stop wailing
see mumu, has the court case been rounded up ? Im happy your slave masters taught you the word wailing so that your limited vocabulary will increase a bit

2 Likes

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Naija9090: 10:19am On Apr 02, 2019
These people chasing Biafrans up and down to booster zoo's revenue used to feed Hausa-Fulani and Afonjas. Another tactics as announced on Radio Biafra is EFCC now work with Afonjas banks; any large deposits into Biafrans' account, EFCC will block your account in collobaration with Internal Revenue and ask you to come to their office. When you come there, they will force you to pay 5-10% to unblock your account. The source on Radio Biafra said this is only been done to Biafrans. When asked why only Biafrans? Source said, they control the money in the country, that Yorubas and Hausa-Fulani don't have money.
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Soulmender: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2019
Government always coming to reap where they did not sow...... In America the government provide for you right from birth, support you in every way they can so when you grow up and start making it, you give back to government by paying tax to enable them support the dependent population (children and aged) . We'll keep evading tax unless government does something to support the citizens

1 Like

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by dheaven: 10:20am On Apr 02, 2019
For me this tax issue is for selected few if not if they really mean it almost all Nollywood producers will shut down. Person never make gain you dey talk of tax.

1 Like

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by lastmessenger: 10:22am On Apr 02, 2019
RZArecta2:
there is nothing to give to Caesar in this Nigeria. I mean these guys are self made millionaires and then all of a sudden the government remembers them for tax. Who has the government of Nigeria ever helped? Who will be happy to pay tax to an evil government? They should leave Igbo's alone to live their life

2 Likes

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Gabson001(m): 10:25am On Apr 02, 2019
RZArecta2:
see mumu, has the court case been rounded up ? Im happy your slave masters taught you the word wailing so that your limited vocabulary will increase a bit
Chisos guy u harsh

1 Like

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by tofolo(m): 10:25am On Apr 02, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry
Everyone is supposed to pay taxes on income earned, but since Nigeria is anyhow country....... anything goes. angry

1 Like

Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by Angelawhite(m): 10:27am On Apr 02, 2019
MasterRahl:
angry

You don’t have to swear to your Heavenly Father to be funny .
She owns a production company and is expected to pay some annual returns. She’s not paying tax as an actress but as a producer .
Re: Court Renews Arrest Warrant For Actress Monalisa Chinda by jericco1(m): 10:29am On Apr 02, 2019
ouch! so she wants to evade tax? it can't happen

(1) (2) (Reply)

Olamide Announces Street Soccer / Check Out Toke Makinwa's Shoes Closet / Blackface Hints At Plantashun Boiz Réunion (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.