Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity (1338 Views)

Question For JW And Other Pacifist Organizations / Materials On JW And The Watchtower Society / JW And The Catholic Who Among These Folk Are More Disillusioned. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:00pm On Aug 14, 2018
Comparison Grid of Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Christianity
by Matt Slick

I hesitate to put this grid up only because I do not want to needlessly assail the Catholic belief system in an offensive manner. However, I cannot help seeing the similarities between Catholicism and some of the cults.

Do I think Catholicism is a cult? No. But I do think it has some very serious theological problems bordering on apostasy imposed upon itself through its history of letting traditions seep into the fabric of biblical truth.

There are many good things in the Catholic Church, but I find it disturbing to see the similarities between itself and the cults--regarding a final earthly authority, non-biblical teachings, claims to be the one true church, exaltation of Mary to semi-goddesshood, the use of images, and adding works to salvation. The Catholics, of course, will complain that this chart is not fair or does not focus on the dissimilarities. Well, they are right in that it does not focus on the dissimilarities which are many. But that isn't the point of this comparison, is it?

The Protestant Reformation happened for a reason: to get back to biblical theology and to be rid of extra-biblical teaching. The counter-cult movement has happened for a reason--to get back to biblical theology and to be rid of extra-biblical teaching.

Eternity is a long time to be wrong.

https://carm.org/comparison-grid

2 Shares

Re: Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity by Aizenosa(m): 8:29pm On Aug 14, 2018
OLAADEGBU:
Comparison Grid of Roman Catholicism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses, and Christianity
by Matt Slick

I hesitate to put this grid up only because I do not want to needlessly assail the Catholic belief system in an offensive manner. However, I cannot help seeing the similarities between Catholicism and some of the cults.

Do I think Catholicism is a cult? No. But I do think it has some very serious theological problems bordering on apostasy imposed upon itself through its history of letting traditions seep into the fabric of biblical truth.

There are many good things in the Catholic Church, but I find it disturbing to see the similarities between itself and the cults--regarding a final earthly authority, non-biblical teachings, claims to be the one true church, exaltation of Mary to semi-goddesshood, the use of images, and adding works to salvation. The Catholics, of course, will complain that this chart is not fair or does not focus on the dissimilarities. Well, they are right in that it does not focus on the dissimilarities which are many. But that isn't the point of this comparison, is it?

The Protestant Reformation happened for a reason: to get back to biblical theology and to be rid of extra-biblical teaching. The counter-cult movement has happened for a reason--to get back to biblical theology and to be rid of extra-biblical teaching.

Are you done, if not continu
Re: Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2018
Aizenosa:

Are you done, if not continu

Have you got any objections? undecided
Re: Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity by Aizenosa(m): 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2018
OLAADEGBU:

Have you got any objections? undecided

There is no need for objections, I believe those who understand their bibles can clearly tell that, the truth truly pains you, why because you twist and turn truths to suit your way of thinking.

My brother Christianity is not like that, why because the "Truth about Christ is truth and nothing can change the truth". The gospels of John is the most elaborate gospel and even it tells you that it doesn't contain everything about Christ that what was documented was for you to believe.

Also, even books older than the Bible has made plenty references to the truth about things that you are against today. So my brother today which you hear these truths harden not your heart.

1 Like

Re: Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity by ichuka(m): 3:26am On Aug 16, 2018
Aizenosa:

There is no need for objections, I believe those who understand their bibles can clearly tell that, the truth truly pains you, why because you twist and turn truths to suit your way of thinking.

My brother Christianity is not like that, why because the "Truth about Christ is truth and nothing can change the truth". The gospels of John is the most elaborate gospel and even it tells you that it doesn't contain everything about Christ that what was documented was for you to believe.

Also, even books older than the Bible has made plenty references to the truth about things that you are against today. So my brother today which you hear these truths harden not your heart.
Bro
Your point is?
Re: Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity by Aizenosa(m): 3:41pm On Aug 16, 2018
ichuka:

Bro
Your point is?

The OP should stop wallowing in hypocrisy and learn, so many people have taught and taught. But instead he keeps beating his chest in ignorance.
Re: Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:40am On Sep 30, 2018
Aizenosa:

The OP should stop wallowing in hypocrisy and learn, so many people have taught and taught. But instead he keeps beating his chest in ignorance.

What part of the OP do you object to? undecided
Re: Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2018
ichuka:

Bro
Your point is?

He hasn't got a point. cool

1 Like

Re: Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2019
Happy New Year! cheesy
Re: Comparison Grid Of RCC, Mormonism, JW And Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:01am On Jan 03, 2019
OLAADEGBU:
by Matt Slick

Any questions? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Why We Bury Him.... His Death Opened My Eyes / Day 6 || The Prince of Peace || GCK / What Book Of The Bible You Love Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.