Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,932 members, 7,817,722 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Atiku In Benin For Consultations, Says He Is Not Desperate To Be President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku In Benin For Consultations, Says He Is Not Desperate To Be President (387 Views)

Peter Obi Visit Seyi Makinde For Consultations (Photos) / Peter Obi Visits Kano For Consultations, Adamu Garba Reacts / GEJ Returns To Bamako With ECOWAS Mediation Team For Consultations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atiku In Benin For Consultations, Says He Is Not Desperate To Be President by Ecstasy154(m): 8:52pm On Aug 14, 2018
ON a consultation visit to Edo state in his quest to grab the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) ticket in next year presidential election, former Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar on Tuesday said he is not desperate to be the nation’s president.

Coming on the heels of Monday visit of another PDP presidential aspirant, Alhaji Mohammed Makarfi, Atiku who spoke with journalists shortly after his meeting with the Oba of Benin Omo amN’Oba Square 11 in his palace in Benin City said if he were desperate to be the nation’s president, he would have long achieved it and would not have stepped down for Chief Moshood Abiola of the defunct Social Democratic Party (SDP), the widely acclaimed winner of the June 12, 1993, presidential election.

He said: “What do you expect my critics to say. And there is nothing wrong with entering the race. I can run as many times as possible. I am fit, qualified. I still have ideas that I believe that are going to put this country in the right part.

“So, what is wrong in running? I am not desperate and if I were desperate, I would have taken the presidency in 2003. If I were desperate, I would not have stepped down for Abiola. I am not desperate”,

The PDP presidential hopeful said his decision to throw his hat in the ring was borne out of his desire for improving the lots of Nigerians.

He aasured that he will remain in the opposition party even if he lose out in the fortcoming primaries of the party.

https://www.tribuneonlineng.com/159916/

Re: Atiku In Benin For Consultations, Says He Is Not Desperate To Be President by Nobody: 9:09pm On Aug 14, 2018
Atiku be acting like he doesn't want it when we all know he is dying to have it

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Two Women Buy Day-old Twins For N1.8m In Imo / 2019: Labour Party Explains Why It Endorsed Buhari For Second Term / 2019:FG Bans Kwankwaso For Using Eagle Square,old Parade Ground For President..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.