Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss (4630 Views)

Which Terrible Goal Miss Can You Remember? Here Are Our Infamous Top 10! / Enyeama Calls For Goal Line Technology After Embarrassing Ethiopia Goal / FIFA Refuses To Back Messi Or Chitalu For Goal Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by shadrach77: 3:13pm On Jun 23, 2010
Meanwhile, coach of the Korean team, Huh Jung-moo was full of gratitude to Yakub[/b]u for giving his side the opportunity of moving on in the World Cup, saying that Yakubu’s miss in yesterday’s match really helped his team to consolidate on the 2-2 draw till the end of the crucial encounter.

According to him, “Despite the fact that we were down by a lone goal, we kept attacking because we know that [b]Vincent Enyeama is good on one-one
. I told my players to be shooting from any opportunity they had. We also knew that Nigerian goalie is not good at set piece[/b]s and that was what we practiced in training. So when we scored the goals, I knew we were going to win.

“[b]As regards the miss by Yakubu, I want to say thank you! and thank you!! to the striker. It may be a tragedy to Nigerians, but to us it is a good thing and I would continue to remember Yakubu for this.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/23/aiyegbenis-goal-miss-the-worst-kanu-chides-him-koreans-thank-him/
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by canuck(m): 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2010
Heartbreaking!  embarassed

At least, some one appreciates him!  cheesy

"Baba God, may my enemies not rejoice over me o!"
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2010
“As regards the miss by Yakubu, I want to say thank you! and thank you!! to the striker. It may be a tragedy to Nigerians, but to us it is a good thing and I would continue to remember Yakubu for this.”

Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by habumaks(m): 4:24pm On Jun 23, 2010
Chai!!! so the Kaitastrophy has gotten to that?  cheesy
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by 9jafreak: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
[size=13pt]This is getting OLD already (Like Yakubu and the majority of the lads)

Cut the crap!

Time to move on folks,  We still got a FUTURE to live for.

Have you seen Martins' miss? What about Torres? And Rooney? And Altidore (empty net)? And Dempsey (another empty net?

Messi is yet to score a goal.

The Jabulani ball (which I have tried myself last Sunday is a disaster).

SH!!T happens and we got to soar ahead!

Welcome Home Eagles[/size]
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by queenafric(f): 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2010
they definitely wont go far in this tournament, so his 'thanks' is useless.
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by annie7(m): 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
Dat guy called yakgoat suck ,stink, i don't know which name to call him.
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by skyndyp(f): 4:31pm On Jun 23, 2010
I thank God for them. grin grin grin
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by oluagness(m): 4:45pm On Jun 23, 2010
Oh, may my enemy never rejoice over me also. Amin
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by meggieblac: 4:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
"Father, may my enemies not rejoice over me o!"[/b][/color]
[quote][/quote] Abi? grin grin
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Demdem(m): 4:49pm On Jun 23, 2010
chai, i no fit talk.
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by hackney(m): 4:56pm On Jun 23, 2010
9jafreak:

[size=13pt]This is getting OLD already (Like Yakubu and the majority of the lads)

Cut the crap!

Time to move on folks, We still got a FUTURE to live for.

Have you seen Martins' miss? What about Torres? And Rooney?

Messi is yet to score a goal.

The Jabulani ball (which I have tried myself last Sunday is a disaster).

SH!!T happens and we got to soar ahead!

Welcome Home Eagles[/size]

maybe one of those waste of space is related to you or what??
As long as you are eating from the situation, performance does not matter abi?
Ha! ! Naija : problems without solution.
I dont mind watching from over here sha.
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Blazing99: 4:58pm On Jun 23, 2010
I think Yakubu should retire. His silly mistake simply proved that he's not a good footballer talkless of a striker. Even Enyeama as a goalkeeper would score dat goal.
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by nolio(m): 5:04pm On Jun 23, 2010
i knew it.i knew there was something behind that miss.he was bribed by the korean coach.if am Moyesi will tell him not to bother coming back august 2 polay in the premiership
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by MUZBO(m): 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2010
Stupid crap, even at that Yakubu does not deserve thanks. The Koreans should Kaitarize his a$s.
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Acidosis(m): 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
I Don't Blame The Korean Coach.
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Chefo(m): 5:12pm On Jun 23, 2010
I don't blame the mumus we go carry last for naija a whole giant of Africa oh is a shame to them wen go represent us and their fucking clubs imbeciles nonsence. If to say coach go fit go inside secondary schools get better players for naija i for good and leave all these bastards.
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Chefo(m): 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2010
I don't blame the mumus we go carry last for naija a whole giant of Africa oh is a shame to them wen go represent us and their fucking clubs imbeciles nonsence. If to say coach go fit go inside secondary schools get better players for naija i for good and leave all these bastards.
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Racing(m): 5:32pm On Jun 23, 2010
Dnt blame d coach,he can as well thank d other players. I wonder whether dey play 4 us or against us. So calld professionals!
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Chefo(m): 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2010
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by davidif: 5:39pm On Jun 23, 2010
queenafric:

they definitely wont go far in this tournament, so his 'thanks' is useless.
omo, you fine o shocked shocked
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by davidif: 5:41pm On Jun 23, 2010
shadrach77:

We also knew that Nigerian goalie is not good at set piece[/b]s and that was what we practiced in training.

[size=28pt][b]THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR A LONG TIME, AFRICAN TEAMS ARE NOT GOOD WITH SET PIECES.
[/size]
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by IFELEKE(m): 5:48pm On Jun 23, 2010
Yakubu!
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Bidemi1997(f): 5:52pm On Jun 23, 2010
Well I'm not a football fan, but I've been watching and enjoying this world cup and I believe in my heart that the Nigerian football team collected egunje (bribe) before they came to SA to play. There is no doubt about it because they were utterly rubbish. cry
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Chefo(m): 5:55pm On Jun 23, 2010
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by perezesq: 6:10pm On Jun 23, 2010
what do u expect, he must be grateful 2 him, yakuubu dashed the hopes of over 150 million naija people,
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by semid4lyfe(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2010
Yakubu is a F.0.0.L
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by sley4life(m): 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2010
Yak was bribed. He should be sentenced. Same threat FW to Kaita should be sent to YAK
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Chefo(m): 6:27pm On Jun 23, 2010
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2010
Yakufool has broken 150 million hearts . So sad !
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by Pastormat(m): 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2010
This is the time for the people administering football in Naija to start planning to build a new team for the next WC. Lets go back to grassroot football and build a strong and formidable team that will bring glory to Nigeria and Africa in the next WC.
Re: South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss by BloodShed1: 7:04pm On Jun 23, 2010
I truly believe that there's something behind the team's exit in the first round. As rubbish as Yakubu is, I think he missed that chance deliberately, same for Kaita getting sent off against Greece.

Think about it, your team is in the lead, in control of the game, its a throw in to the opposite team, rather than getting back and defending, you run up to the man taking the throw in and kick him, for no apparent reason. Why he ran up to him when he should have been defending I'll never know. But something just isn't right.

Not to mention their lack of motivation throughout the tournament excluding Enyeama, Odiah and Kalu Uche.

Anichebe must be laughing now.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Open Fire On Togo Footballers In Angola / Messi Captured Looking Awkwardly At Ronaldo Before Uefa Best Player Declaration / Two And Seriously Sure Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.