Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,057 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie (2841 Views)

Mortal Kombat 2021 Is A Bad Movie / Who Need Shadow Of The Tomb Raider? / Tomb Raider 2017 Trailer Review (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 7:05am On Aug 20, 2018
nadleeh:
this is very redundant. In what universe are you not supposed to judge an adaptation from its source material ? that's like making a bible movie,then telling people to not judge it based on the bible,instead, judge it as a standalone movie .... if you want to make a standalone movie,make a standalone movie ! nobody forced you to make an adaptation. This movie was bad and lacked depth or relativity. PS,when a movie's only saving grace is "don't judge it as an adaptation",it already has a hundred things wrong with it !

It wasn't bad
angry
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by nadleeh: 7:10am On Aug 20, 2018
Thegamingorca:

It wasn't bad
angry
i'm sure you didn't watch this video to see any reason why I said it's a bad movie
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 7:14am On Aug 20, 2018
nadleeh:
i'm sure you didn't watch this video to see any reason why I said it's a bad movie

Yeah I watched some other meaningful video trailer and the film itself to come up with that conclusion
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by khalhokage(m): 7:18am On Aug 20, 2018
nadleeh:
this is very redundant. In what universe are you not supposed to judge an adaptation from its source material ? that's like making a bible movie,then telling people to not judge it based on the bible,instead, judge it as a standalone movie .... if you want to make a standalone movie,make a standalone movie ! nobody forced you to make an adaptation. This movie was bad and lacked depth or relativity. PS,when a movie's only saving grace is "don't judge it as an adaptation",it already has a hundred things wrong with it !

I'm talking about accuracy to the story, the Tomb Raider adaptation was fine but the story wasn't accurate to the game which was his complaint and that is wrong because a 1:1 story port wouldn't translate from game to movie that's why movie makers don't try for that, plus what would be the point of telling the exact same story that was already told in the game?

Also think about all the good movies you know that where adaptations of other mediums, how many of them were accurate to their source material? none.

Harry Potter, Game of thrones, I robot, I am Legend, the expanse

Infact I Robot and I am Legend are so different from their books that they might as well be original stories.
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by nadleeh: 7:30am On Aug 20, 2018
khalhokage:

I'm talking about accuracy to the story, the Tomb Raider adaptation was fine but the story wasn't accurate to the game which was his complaint and that is wrong because a 1:1 story port wouldn't translate from game to movie that's why movie makers don't try for that, plus what would be the point of telling the exact same story that was already told in the game?

Also think about all the good movies you know that where adaptations of other mediums, how many of them were accurate to their source material? none.

Harry Potter, Game of thrones, I robot, I am Legend, the expanse

Infact I Robot and I am Legend are so different from their books that they might as well be original stories.
These movies you named,did they completely destroy the origin story of their main characters or not ? . This movie is so inaccurate that you can't even try to match things. The game had 9 characters,and this movie still had 2 of them in it ....and somehow we're still talking about this movie ! . To end this,come and post any review or post to back your claim, and pls do not even think of asking me to do the same bacause the list will be endless ...
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by nadleeh: 7:31am On Aug 20, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Yeah I watched some other meaningful video trailer and the film itself to come up with that conclusion
so did you watch this video here or not ?
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by khalhokage(m): 7:47am On Aug 20, 2018
nadleeh:
These movies you named,did they completely destroy the origin story of their main characters or not ? . This movie is so inaccurate that you can't even try to match things. The game had 9 characters,and this movie still had 2 of them in it ....and somehow we're still talking about this movie ! . To end this,come and post any review or post to back your claim, and pls do not even think of asking me to do the same bacause the list will be endless ...

Are you serious? reviews are based on personal opinions.

Mister man, since you're so keen on accuracy to source material why don't you have a problem with the games?

The new Tomb Raider games are so much different from the original games, the characters are different and the even the focus is different.
The older games were more about the adventure, traversals and puzzle solving while these ones focus more on survival and action.

These movies you named,did they completely destroy the origin story of their main characters or not ?
As for this point, oh yes some of them did, I Robot, I am Legend and The Expanse are some of them in the list I gave earlier.

And for crying out loud the movie didn't even change the origin story, Lara Croft gets into archaeology and Tomb Raiding because of her missing father has been her origin story from the beginning.

Missing characters and story arcs are a staple of movie and TV adaptations, you can't fit in a story that spans tens of hours into a less than 2 hour movie and cut out or change some things.
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Kaycee7(m): 10:10am On Aug 20, 2018
nadleeh:
What kind of reviewer defends their review with other reviews? Not very professional.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by nadleeh: 5:30pm On Aug 20, 2018
khalhokage:

Are you serious? reviews are based on personal opinions.

Mister man, since you're so keen on accuracy to source material why don't you have a problem with the games?

The new Tomb Raider games are so much different from the original games, the characters are different and the even the focus is different.
The older games were more about the adventure, traversals and puzzle solving while these ones focus more on survival and action.

These movies you named,did they completely destroy the origin story of their main characters or not ?
As for this point, oh yes some of them did, I Robot, I am Legend and The Expanse are some of them in the list I gave earlier.

And for crying out loud the movie didn't even change the origin story, Lara Croft gets into archaeology and Tomb Raiding because of her missing father has been her origin story from the beginning.

Missing characters and story arcs are a staple of movie and TV adaptations, you can't fit in a story that spans tens of hours into a less than 2 hour movie and cut out or change some things.
so when they said " this new game is a reboot and a origin story", it didn't make any logical sense to you or you don't know the meaning of those ?? do you know what the chronological order for tomb raider is? "And for crying out loud the movie didn't even change the origin story, Lara Croft gets into archaeology and Tomb Raiding because of her missing father has been her origin story from the beginning", this part you said really screws the movie up, because A, in this movie lara Knows nothing about archaeology, B she did not even know her father was into archaeology, C so you are saying they forced an origin story in the law of another origin story ?? well good job,that make sense.....
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by nadleeh: 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2018
Kaycee7:
What kind of reviewer defends their review with other reviews? Not very professional.
Guy you don't even know what your talking about. do you know how many times reviewers have agreed, disagreed and argued about rating of IGN and Gamespot?? the time MGS 5 Phantom Pain got a 10/10 from bout of them, how many reviewers where on that case?
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Thegamingorca(m): 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
nadleeh:
Guy you don't even know what your talking about. do you know how many times reviewers have agreed, disagreed and argued about rating of IGN and Gamespot?? the time MGS 5 Phantom Pain got a 10/10 from bout of them, how many reviewers where on that case?

Just shut up already. You may be right but the way you are going on about it is very appalling

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by Kaycee7(m): 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2018
nadleeh:
Critiquing a reviewer's review is one thing. Using another reviewer's review as a validation of yours paints you as unsure. It sounds like " I don't really have an independent opinion of this issue. So I'll go with what so-and-so reviewers are saying."

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by nadleeh: 11:25am On Aug 21, 2018
Kaycee7:
Critiquing a reviewer's review is one thing. Using another reviewer's review as a validation of yours paints you as unsure. It sounds like " I don't really have an independent opinion of this issue. So I'll go with what so-and-so reviewers are saying."
the independent view was in the video you refused to watch ! . We are not looking for any review to validate us but we are asking for a post or review to back his specific claim on adaptations and plot twists. If that post could actually help us to understand the root video game adaptations are taking,we would actually read it and be grateful !
Re: Reason Why Tomb Raider 2018 Was A Very Bad Movie by nadleeh: 11:30am On Aug 21, 2018
Thegamingorca:

Just shut up already. You may be right but the way you are going on about it is very appalling
wow, am sorry and very shocked. it's not like the 1st thing you said on this post was not appalling undecided undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Halo:reach Breaks Record. Grosses $200 Million On Day 1! / Nigeria National Team Added On D New Fifa17 / Play Chess For The Orphans On A Giant Chess Mat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.