Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,450 members, 7,812,377 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' (35700 Views)

Umuahia Is The Most Backward State Capital In Nigeria: Picture / Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! / Wedding Of Mahmud Nuhu Ribadu & Amina Aliyu Ismaila (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by InvertedHammer: 12:13am On Aug 16, 2018
/
How can Nigeria progress when they choose people raised with such mentality to lead them?

The most intelligent Yoruba or Igbo man with advance degrees will bow and suck up to someone with minimal education from the North. They dare not engage them in any kind of intellectual exercise. Then someone had the effrontery to say that Nigeria is not cursed.

/

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by computergenius(m): 12:28am On Aug 16, 2018
True talk Ribadu my man. Northeners are extremely backward and they are dragging nigeria into backwardness.

Northeners are backward for the following reasons:

(1). Unproductivty and Laziness:
Northerners are generally less productive than Southerners, westerners and Eaterners. Iin the West and East people labour from morning till late in the night but in the north its common in the north to find large numbers of able young men lazing around doing nothing. A typical Easterner will labour for years building a business and nourish it to success while the average norther will seek government jobs where he can earn a fat salary for doing nothing and still steal billions of government money.

(2). Poor and Run-down Educational System:
The Northern elites are deliberately destroying the educational system in the north by stealing government fund meant for financing education. Exam malpractice is so rampant in the north that most students graduate with high grades even when they know next to nothing.

(3). Wrong Ideology:
Religious extemism, corruption, and cultism is very common in the North. Northeners are violent and uncivil by nature. They have a tendency towards violence..

Most of the schemes designed to steal public fund start in the north among northerners before they recruit people from other regions.

Northern elites lie to their youths while at the same time looting the money for the countries development. Many northern youths are told that western education is evil. But the elites themselves send their children overseas to study in foreign universities.

(4) Bad Leadership:
Leadership is supposed to be a service to the people. A leader is supposed to be a servant to the people and work to improve their lives. But the Norterners still believe in the primitive nortion that leaders are to be worshipped. Northern elites see leadership as a means of accumulating tremendous wealth at the expense of the people. They take everything from their people and leave them poor and impoverished. The notion of democracy and selfless service is not well accepted and practised in the north.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by excomarow(m): 12:29am On Aug 16, 2018
donbenie:
The Truth..I know,it is BITTER.. grin

What nonsense truth is that
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by budaatum: 12:50am On Aug 16, 2018
gidgiddy:
That's why I laugh when I hear anyone from the SS/SE area talk about "one Nigeria"

You want to be united with someone who will drag you back into the 15th century? Good luck
They can't drag us back. We want to be one Nigeria so we can drag them forward.

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Ugosample(m): 1:01am On Aug 16, 2018
awelekiti:
Now you're just waking from your slumber . Boko Haram would even make the region even 50 years backward more. When our forefathers were an advocate of free education, spending their energy and penny to ensure our parents enjoyed free education, you guys said education cannot be free, focussing only on Islamic education as if there were no Muslims in the southern Nigeria or other parts of the world who enjoyed and combined western education with Islamic education. The current king of Saudi Arabia schooled in the west yet, my brothers and sisters in the north were brainwashed by their smart leaders who succeeded in educating only their children in places like USA and UK. If I were a northern youth.....I won't say what I'd have done to the northern leaders who are still around. They caused their generation a perpetual misfortune they've found themselves in.

yea true

but I think the real tag should be "formal education" not "western education"

Formal education is the key mehn

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Ugosample(m): 1:03am On Aug 16, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
How can Nigeria progress when they choose people raised with such mentality to lead them?

The most intelligent Yoruba or Igbo man with advance degrees will bow and suck up to someone with minimal education from the North. They dare not engage them in any kind of intellectual exercise. Then someone had the effrontery to say that Nigeria is not cursed.

/

A big shame!

But an average tribalist Yoruba will rather give the worst candidate From the north his vote than an overqualified Igbo guy.

Shame

It the same for the Igbo tribalist.

So with that scenerio aboki will remain in charge

5 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by themanderon: 1:26am On Aug 16, 2018
The greatest victims of this failed contraption of a country are the ordinary people of the north. Their elites have long ago sold them to perpetual slavery through this wicked system called almajiri. They are willing tools in the hands of their elites during election so why would they want to educate them and pull them out of poverty?

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by LZAA: 1:26am On Aug 16, 2018
themomentng:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/ribadu-people-of-northern-nigeria-most-backward-in-the-world/amp
The same ppl afonjas worship and bow to yet one of their own has said it
Its one thing to be slaves to whites with firepower and its another to be slaves to "the most backward ppl on earth"(ribadu's words of course)
Roger3D and strikethem over to you
Cc immhotep onyeoga pointzerom greenback jisticeleague1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by saajus: 1:28am On Aug 16, 2018
Poverty capital of Nigeria
Terrorism capital of Nigeria
Illiteracy capital of Nigeria.

Their Elites are so selfish.

5 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Ofodirinwa: 1:44am On Aug 16, 2018
post=70313137:
You have a point great man.
Another good candidate that should be a President of Nigeria after Buhari and Osinbajo.

A man after our heart.
True words.

so you still trust Fulani ppl with the presidency? Wasn't buhari against corruption? Wasn't sanusi against polygamy? But buhari is corrupt, sanusi has 4 wives and ribadu chasing obasanjo's enemies.

Any northerner that tells you they're against what's happening in the north has an agenda that include persuading useful fools in the south. Aren't the fulanis the emirs of the north? but the system continues and all of them are 'against it'.

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by cooltola(m): 1:46am On Aug 16, 2018
lol you think the mallam care about this man is saying. Northerners are just a different set of people.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Princedapace(m): 2:06am On Aug 16, 2018
Aremson14:
Lol the so called backwards people has managed to produce ur president. Has managed to determine what happens and where it happens in the nation. So much for the backward people as against the educated and the most advanced. I wonder
what will happen when they stop being backward may b they would rule the world

They are able to do that becus of the system of govt we run..

Like i always say, someone like Buhari can not win class rep election in a sane society..

Aside religion, there is no other charismatic reason to support Buahri..

Their useless population is the reason they keep producing leaders.

Highest poverty rate, north, highest illiteracy rate, north, almost everything negative is from that region, why? Boko Haram, fulani herdsmen, religious war, beggars, etc.

Federal character, education less advantage area, etc are some of the policies that were developed to favour that region, yet they have nothing to show for it..

How many Northern youths do well outside govt agencies? I was at a federal govt agency in Ibadan and over 80% of the workforce there are from the north, most of them cant speak or write in English, they cant even spell their names..

If u take away Nigeria from northern Nigeria, that region will turn Somalia in less than two years.

It is a pity Ojukwu saw this but the rest of southern Nigeria were not intelligent enough to work with him..

The yorubas today are among the most intelligent people on earth. The yorubas would have gone pass this level if they had a better system of govt in Nigeria that guaranteed them of their own soverignty .

The north is a time bomb. Look at how much Nigerians are spending to fight Boko Haram, Look at how much we spend to fight Fulani herdsmen, we spend billions of naira to fix north east, a monster the northern nigeria created out of their stupid religion.

I am just sorry for southern Nigeria. We are the biggest fools on earth,

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by cococandy(f): 3:24am On Aug 16, 2018
As long as they practice polygamy, that problem will forever continue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Andrewkinggg: 3:30am On Aug 16, 2018
Aremson14:
Lol the so called backwards people has managed to produce ur president. Has managed to determine what happens and where it happens in the nation. So much for the backward people as against the educated and the most advanced. I wonder what will happen when they stop being backward may b they would rule the world

They only have the numbers to their advantage,

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Andrewkinggg: 3:34am On Aug 16, 2018
We have the number 1 richest man in Africa and in Nigeria from that region yet there's nothing to show for his wealth. This should tell you something. The north has a very huge problem beyond what the eyes and mind can see. There's no limit to their problems.

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Smartjob1(f): 3:50am On Aug 16, 2018
This is a pity.

Buhari, Atiku, IBB, Dangote, etc. Look into this and do the needful asap!

See my signature if you are interested in getting a job.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by EagleNest(m): 4:19am On Aug 16, 2018
Blind brand of religion is what destroyed the Northern part of Nigeria and is still causing havoc. Is this how they do it in Saudi Arabia? No wonder ISIS claims a branch in Nigeria, of all places in Africa. What do they want but for Nigeria to be like Afghanistan by any means necessary.

And the paradox is how the blind leads the enlightened. It is kind of 8th wonders of the world.

Any effort to forge forward, is often scuttled and frowned upon by the northern politicians, religious leaders, traditional leaders and military goons, but at the end everyone suffers and we are terribly backward as a nation.

For me, living in the past is a recipe for failure. Nigeria is a case study.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by henryhemon(m): 4:20am On Aug 16, 2018
Part of their problem is religion. Those guys? They rather attend islamic function n ismlamiya than go to proper school. A school where only koran is taught. That's all that matters. You will see someone without means of livelihood having 3 wives 20 kids if they ve small money 4 wives and hardly no training for anyone of those kids. They 're glad to hold the ace during the elections than concerning themselves about their own future. It's a sorry State over there.

3 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by ariesbull: 4:41am On Aug 16, 2018
Racoon:

Same thing Emir Sanusi said sometime & the northern elites bullied him into shutting his mouth.The core north can continue to play the Ostrich. angry

We in the south like it that way ... If they get educated who would be the shoe shiner, the water man, the milk maid, the gateman , the laborer....God knows why he made it that way...you can't win it all...
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by OfficialAPCNig: 4:58am On Aug 16, 2018
post=70313137:
Another good candidate that should be a President of Nigeria after Buhari and Osinbajo.

A man after our heart.
True words.
When we say Northerners are treacherous they would we are hating.

Now it is no longer Osinbanjo for President. The tune is changing gradually.

Sensible Nigerians know you idats are trying to use Osinbanjo to maintain a grib on power and after which all of you would still port back to PDP to support another Northerner in 2023.

I pity the yorubas that are too blinded by greed. If they believe that Northerners would leave a PDP Northern candidate for Osinbanjo then they are really sophisticated morrons.

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:01am On Aug 16, 2018
OfficialAPCNig:

When we say Northerners are treacherous they would we are hating.

Now it is no longer Osinbanjo for President. The tune is changing gradually.

Sensible Nigerians know you idats are trying to use Osinbanjo to maintain a grib on power and after which all of you would still port back to PDP to support another Northerner in 2023.

I pity the yorubas that are too blinded by greed. If they believe that Northerners would leave a PDP Northern candidate for Osinbanjo then they are really sophisticated morrons.
Lack of reasoning, lack of comprehension, lack of assimilation is really a big disease.
We won't waste time explaining our simple sentence to you like a 5 year old.
Go back to bed boy!

In ONE NIGERIA we believe.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by uwa244(m): 5:15am On Aug 16, 2018
Na now day break? You people should continue with your insurgency and radicalism and continue to wallow in abject poverty undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 16, 2018
post=70313137:

A man after our heart.
True words.
Did he say he Wants to be president.
A typical Hausa man thinking power makes people better

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 16, 2018
chiedozie198100:
I wonder why the north cant present a man like Ribadu for president?
They never present the REASONABLE ones, rather they give us their worst

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by kikake: 5:30am On Aug 16, 2018
Racoon:

Same thing Emir Sanusi said sometime & the northern elites bullied him into shutting his mouth.The core north can continue to play the Ostrich. angry

Words on marble.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by kikake: 5:32am On Aug 16, 2018
Racoon:

[ I will not relent until Sharia Criminal Laws are used all over Nigeria]

The above was the statement of today's president of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, as he was speaking to s large crowd of Muslim faithfuls in Kaduna in 2001.

Only in Nigeria could Buhari who made that sentence be still elected president of a country, no thanks to Nigeria's skewed political structure created by soldiers loyal to the Buhari clan.

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Nobody: 5:43am On Aug 16, 2018
little wonder buhari is dragging nig backwards!

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Nobody: 5:45am On Aug 16, 2018
They are also the most wicked people in the world, they retard the glory of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by edupedia: 5:47am On Aug 16, 2018
princechurchill:
Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom

Aboki people una see una self

..Nigerian Looters Association see your lives....so all the years with NPN plus the 16 yrs with PDP were wasted...no wonder they are really appreciative of at least 1 meal a day by Buhari.God bless our prez.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Danchibez: 5:47am On Aug 16, 2018
Ribadu, may u live long for voicing out d obvious truth.
Sanusi said d same but was attacked by fools in d North. More r coming to say d same tin

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Johngreat(m): 5:56am On Aug 16, 2018
Hmmmm, imagine, being ruled by the most backward set in the world, how can we move forward then, God will help us.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by kamantan(m): 5:56am On Aug 16, 2018
amaniro:
Exactly. If you want to argue I lived and I was brought up in Kaduna.

That is why our country is like this, they are dragging us back, argue out of ignorance.

If they had quality political education they would pin point good and bad leaders same applicable to the south.

my point, a core northerner have never traveled out of his/her village because they are afraid and inexperienced.

Their president state is one of the most backward, yet what is he doing? fighting corruption that is not evident.

I stand for the movement #educatehausapeople.
a wise man one's said Literate can be easy to lead but hard to rule because an educated person can easily pin point good and evil than an illiterate . That's why northern elites are taking advantage of them using religious sentiments, exploiting their vulnerability to illiteracy. Am from South East I don't really care if a president comes from there or not, so ironic that people close to the river always complain of water,

yar adua one's said he is ashamed of the level of illiteracy in the North and is something worth advocating for but I oblige the North to make use of their sense.
my friend shut that gutter u call mouth I served in the east , I used to think the ibos r well educated but to my greatest dismay i disappointed with the high level of illiteracy I saw there, u don't have any moral justification to single out Kaduna state as being back ward go n do a wholistic research n stop spreading false info

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obiano Holds Mass Burial For Unclaimed Bodies Of Fuel Tanker Victims (Pic) / Peter Obi And LP's Case Dismissed At PEPT / Zahra Buhari's Wedding Plans Unveiled, As President Meets Ahmed Indimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.