Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' (35711 Views)

Umuahia Is The Most Backward State Capital In Nigeria: Picture / Is This The Most Backward Governor In Nigeria? PHOTO! / Wedding Of Mahmud Nuhu Ribadu & Amina Aliyu Ismaila (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Danchibez: 5:58am On Aug 16, 2018
I blame d British for this one Nigeria tin
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by MightySparrow: 6:02am On Aug 16, 2018
Truth be told, islam is evil. It has darkened the minds of people not only in northern Nigeria but everywhere it dominates. The reason for Jihad and terrorism all the world over is response of Islamic world to dynamics of human development which no religion can curtail. Islamic world has been in the back position since the birth of Industrial Revolution in Europe and has not been able to catch up.

3 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by kamantan(m): 6:04am On Aug 16, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
This is not news. Travelling to the norther n part of Nigeria is like travelling through time to 19th century. I understand why they only shout said baba. Any small thing they worship they leaders.
and yet you have a lot of southerners looking for greener pastures in the north, lot of them permanently residing in the north, thankgod for Nysc at least we have a lot of southern corp whom prior to service have a myopic view about the north but are now willing to settle in the north
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Aremson14(m): 6:06am On Aug 16, 2018
selemempe:
u are not from the north...yet u are defending them passionately.

Almajiri boy undecided
Non-alimanjiri advanced boy/girl keep it up.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Aremson14(m): 6:09am On Aug 16, 2018
Princedapace:

They are able to do that becus of the system of govt we run..

Like i always say, someone like Buhari can not win class rep election in a sane society..

Aside religion, there is no other charismatic reason to support Buahri..

Their useless population is the reason they keep producing leaders.

Highest poverty rate, north, highest illiteracy rate, north, almost everything negative is from that region, why? Boko Haram, fulani herdsmen, religious war, beggars, etc.

Federal character, education less advantage area, etc are some of the policies that were developed to favour that region, yet they have nothing to show for it..

How many Northern youths do well outside govt agencies? I was at a federal govt agency in Ibadan and over 80% of the workforce there are from the north, most of them cant speak or write in English, they cant even spell their names..

If u take away Nigeria from northern Nigeria, that region will turn Somalia in less than two years.

It is a pity Ojukwu saw this but the rest of southern Nigeria were not intelligent enough to work with him..

The yorubas today are among the most intelligent people on earth. The yorubas would have gone pass this level if they had a better system of govt in Nigeria that guaranteed them of their own soverignty .

The north is a time bomb. Look at how much Nigerians are spending to fight Boko Haram, Look at how much we spend to fight Fulani herdsmen, we spend billions of naira to fix north east, a monster the northern nigeria created out of their stupid religion.

I am just sorry for southern Nigeria. We are the biggest fools on earth,
Excuses excuses excuses. Since u are the most advanced why not device a means. Or haven't u heard intelligence is how well u can find a way where dia semms to b no name
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Danchibez: 6:09am On Aug 16, 2018
kamantan:
my friend shut that gutter u call mouth I served in the east , I used to think the ibos r well educated but to my greatest dismay i disappointed with the high level of illiteracy I saw there, u don't have any moral justification to single out Kaduna state as being back ward go n do a wholistic research n stop spreading false info

I kn u r pained that ur northern region r said to b worst zone in this Sh!thole according to some elites from ur enclave. The earlier u started accepting it, d better ur region will be. Never u compare East with North in terms of education

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Aremson14(m): 6:10am On Aug 16, 2018
MightySparrow:
Truth be told, islam is evil. It has darkened the minds of people not only in northern Nigeria but everywhere it dominates. The reason for Jihad and terrorism all the world over is response of Islamic world to dynamics of human development which no religion can curtail. Islamic world has been in the back position since the birth of Industrial Revolution in Europe and has not been able to catch up.
Lol go and look at ur history books im pretty sure u haven't heard of the golden age of science. Pythagoras, the clock u use today and much more let me not spoil d story for u look it up!
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by emperorblog(m): 6:12am On Aug 16, 2018
princechurchill:
I gave up on the morality of the North when they said Western education is evil
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Aremson14(m): 6:14am On Aug 16, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
This is not news. Travelling to the norther n part of Nigeria is like travelling through time to 19th century. I understand why they only shout said baba. Any small thing they worship they leaders.
So much from the most advanced people in Nigeria! Smh. If this is the kind of people that claims Nigeria is their home then we re truely in trouble
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by velocity25(m): 6:18am On Aug 16, 2018
Se/Ss must wake up and demand for the division of the country, almajiri system in northern Nigeria is a timed bomb waiting to explode.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by spafu(m): 6:38am On Aug 16, 2018
No wonder they shout say Baba like zombies.

2 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by lereinter(m): 6:46am On Aug 16, 2018
buhari didnt see this kind of northern to work with
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by mmsen: 7:01am On Aug 16, 2018
Racoon:

Same thing Emir Sanusi said sometime & the northern elites bullied him into shutting his mouth.The core north can continue to play the Ostrich. angry

Is he not part of the problem?

He gave one speech about overpopulation, meanwhile he has how many wives and how many children?

He spoke about how dangerous child marriage is, meanwhile he married a teenage girl relatively recently.

Why has he refused to set a good example for his miserable followers?

4 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by olamurphy95(m): 7:02am On Aug 16, 2018
Good one Mr. Ribadu, You just hit the nail in the head. I pause here
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by mmsen: 7:06am On Aug 16, 2018
gidgiddy:
That's why I laugh when I hear anyone from the SS/SE area talk about "one Nigeria"

You want to be united with someone who will drag you back into the 15th century? Good luck

15th century.

More like the 9th century.

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by ofwest47(m): 7:14am On Aug 16, 2018
All the Northern leaders including yourself Nuru Ribadu, all the emirs and chiefs are the cause of the extreme backwardness and poverty still being witnessed among the generality of the Northerners till today.
To go back to history from the first republic till today major ruling zone of the country has been the Northern zone . Is it the Tafawa Balewa era or the major military rulership of Gowon , Muritala , Buhari, Babangida , Abacha Abubakar Shagari ,Yaradua and several other Northern leaders occupying high divisional offices at the Federal levels .Atiku of this world T, Danjuma of this world who confirmed making 1 billion dollars on oil block and having spent N500 million he did not know what to do with the remaining amount . The Northern leaders has been in control of the oil wealth since inception the longest serving secretary of O P E C had been from the North this is not to say of several of them including emirs and chiefs quite a number of political heavyweights who have benefited in one way or the order in the wealth control of this Nation but all of these are to the detriment of the extra large population of their poverty stricken people the only beneficiaries of the wealth are their immediate nuclear families who apart from their children good knowledge of Islam they are usually taken out of the country to acquire Western educations from the lowest to the highest standard at a highly expensive cost to the complete neglect of their poverty stricken people. Let us ask them which of their children is a member of Bokoharam? Which of their children is a member of killing spree groups now ongoing in the entire North ? So all what Nuru Ribadu has said that the Northern part of Nigeria is the MOST BACKWARD IN THE WORLD despite their leaders being among the richest in the world are what is going on in the Northern Nigeria.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Ikpongiton: 7:26am On Aug 16, 2018
i love nuhu ribadu,but i know that his life is in danger,because the northern elites,for saying the truth and exposing them,will classify him as enemy of the north,and send the same almajiris he is advocating for after him.

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 7:28am On Aug 16, 2018
Racoon:

Same thing Emir Sanusi said sometime & the northern elites bullied him into shutting his mouth.The core north can continue to play the Ostrich. angry

When a man is compromised, his opinions lose power. That is the case with Sanusi. He considered his vast wealth, privileges and crimes and was forced to shut up.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Ikpongiton: 7:44am On Aug 16, 2018
OBAGADAFFI:
Open truth
open truth but who has he help ?how many young men has he sponsored in his community.truth is easier said than done
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Ikpongiton: 7:51am On Aug 16, 2018
softthings:
They are under curse..
they are truly under a curse,for shedding too much ,innocent blood
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Alanzazani: 7:52am On Aug 16, 2018
I always look forward to a southern president. The difference is always clear
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 16, 2018
MightySparrow:

Don't be this silly and naive.
There is a difference btw Islam and Muslims in Northern Nigeria.Northen Nigeria Muslims have abused knowledge seeking in Islam as begging.

Know that Islam forbids begging and the way it's it's done in the north.

Do u see other Muslims around the world doing this?Ok just come back home,have u seen other NAIJA Muslims e.g yorubas doing this?

It's a fact that the north has this social crisis that needs to eBay addressed just like the agberos,the child prostitution and the child trafficking we have in other places.Period.

See below

PROPHET MUHAMMAD (ﷺ) said:
If you knew how bad begging is, no one would go to anyone else and ask him for anything.

(SUNAN NASAI Vol #3, Hadith #2587)

One of you will keep on begging until he meets Allah with not a bit of flesh on his face.

(SAHIH MUSLIM Vol #3, Hadith #2396)
View More

Asking is a labor that toils on a man's face, except if a man asks for something from the Sultan (ruler), or he asks for something that he cannot do without.

(SUNAN TIRMIDHI Vol #2, Hadith #681)
View More

Whoever begs from people in order to accumulate more wealth, it is as if he is asking for a live coal (from hell), so let him ask for a little or a lot.

(SAHIH MUSLIM Vol #3, Hadith #2399)
View More

Every time a man begs, it will turn into lacerations on his face (on the Day of Resurrection). So whoever wants his face to be lacerated (let him ask), and whoever does not want that (let him not ask): except in the case of a man who asks a Sultan (ruler), or he asks when he can find no alternative.

(SUNAN NASAI Vol #3, Hadith #2600)
View More

By Him in Whose Hand my life is, it is better for anyone of you to take a rope and cut the wood (from the forest) and carry it over his back and sell it (as a means of earning his living) rather than to ask a person for something and that person may give him or not.

(SAHIH BUKHARI Vol #2, Hadith #1470-1471)
View More

No doubt, it is better for a person to take a rope and proceed in the morning to the mountains and cut the wood and then sell it, and eat from this income and give alms from it than to ask others for something.

(SAHIH BUKHARI Vol #2, Hadith #1480)
View More

It is better for anyone of you to take a rope (and cut) and bring a bundle of wood (from the forest) over his back and sell it and Allah will save his face (from the Hell-Fire) because of that, rather than to ask the people who may give him or not.

(SAHIH BUKHARI Vol #2, Hadith #1471)
View More

It is better for one among you to bring a load of firewood on his back and give charity out of it (and satisfy his own need) and be independent of people, than that he should beg from people, whether they give him anything or refuse him.

1 Like

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Naajjii: 8:11am On Aug 16, 2018
Dreythecreator:
They are very lazy and also enjoy free money from the government monthly. Majority of them are on government payroll.
Where did you get that from?
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by buJu234: 8:14am On Aug 16, 2018
all these started after the 1966 counter-coup.

b4 then, Northern Nigerians were among the highest number of people in school, infact they so understood the british system, that was why the british indirectly handed Nigeria to them.

tell me whom among the then Nigeria political class from North to South, that could beat ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA.
He was so good that even US Time Magazine put him on their cover page (http://content.time.com/time/covers/0,16641,19601205,00.html). where was ZIK & AWO then?

but over the years after 1966 (maybe as a result of the coup), the Northern Leaders chose instead of following in the steps of ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA, and show their people the paths to greatness that made ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA.

they decided to choose the selfish path, a path that today after 52yrs, they are among the poorest and less developed people in the world. i think they need to visit what made the then Northern Nigeria great and go back to that foundation if they want to survive and make it.

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by Princedapace(m): 8:22am On Aug 16, 2018
Aremson14:

Excuses excuses excuses. Since u are the most advanced why not device a means. Or haven't u heard intelligence is how well u can find a way where dia semms to b no name

That means is what we already created right here in the southern Nigeria..

That is why southern Nigeria is not the most backward region in Nigeria..

With all the leadership u guys have which is solely due to the British manipulated constituency and LGA creation, in addition to u guys uncontrollable child birth rate..

Even with all the leadership positions u guys have enjoyed, ur region is still the most backward in everything.. Do u know how many international NGOs in the north? They are there becus of the poverty rate in that region, the illiteracy rate in that region, the hunger, the displaced people.

Take a look at south east, civil war raised down the region, but with little or no federal govt support, no special budget to rebuild the region, yet the region is not the least in the country.

Northern Nigeria which carried the war for head is still the region suffering in every areas of life.

The govt even created Education disadvantage policy to help u guys with education, for u guys to get admitted to universities with low score, get favourable FG policies, yet, the region is still backward in education.

Na curse dey curse una for that region?

Na una create Boko Haram, na we for south dey pay for the damages, yet no progress..

Almost all the FG units are all in the north, yet the region is backward, I mean, the region is the most backward region in the entire world.

If they born northern Nigeria well, let them pull out of Nigeria.. Aswear, the region will die naturally within two years.. How many of your youths are doing well aside govt support?

Come to South and see youths hustling and building communities.. My brother, e no get where Northern Nigeria fit stand southern Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by mr1759: 8:31am On Aug 16, 2018
They have been the one ruling Nigeria since , so they should tell us how it happened
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by paskilo247(m): 8:32am On Aug 16, 2018
Talknochip:
Very true!... I have interacted with so many of those kids... Many of them wish they are in 'Makaranta Boko' (western school)... They are mostly very brilliant,intelligent, talented and naive...... The Almajiri system is purely evil and a wicked medium that encourages senseless population growth....A System that strips the child of every human dignity... It Provides a safe haven for irresponsible parents and guardians who are running away from their responsibilities.
Then there was a man who came, built schools for them but the northern elites who had always used them cause problems were against it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:35am On Aug 16, 2018
kamantan:
and yet you have a lot of southerners looking for greener pastures in the north, lot of them permanently residing in the north, thankgod for Nysc at least we have a lot of southern corp whom prior to service have a myopic view about the north but are now willing to settle in the north
How does this change the fact that the north is backwards and holds nigeria back? Don't let emotions blind you
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by RuthlessLeader(m): 8:46am On Aug 16, 2018
Aremson14:

So much from the most advanced people in Nigeria! Smh. If this is the kind of people that claims Nigeria is their home then we re truely in trouble
It's a fact. Everyone knows this. Stop crying and accept it.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by PHEMMY18(m): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2018
How I wish this man could be president of Nigeria.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by PHEMMY18(m): 9:18am On Aug 16, 2018
How I wish this man could be president of Nigeria.
Re: Nuhu Ribadu: 'Northern Nigeria Most Backward In The World' by romenna: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2018
whoever joined us with this pipo will never know peace!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Pulls Out Of Arise TV Presidential Debate / President Buhari Meets With Buratai (Photos) / Charles Okah Escapes From Kuje Prison - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.