Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

The True Love. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The True Love. (1160 Views)

Man Dies Of Heart Attack After Discovering The True Paternity Of His Kids / Is This Picture The True Definition Of Today's Relationship? Pics Attached / Sijibomi Ogundele Sujimoto Needs True Love, To Give Her House & Rolls Royce (2) (3) (4)

The True Love. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 15, 2018
Found this lovely piece about love:

�The Other Side of Love �
As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten… Revelation 3:19- Some people mistake love to mean that your spouse will always agree to all that you do and say. It is important to note that it doesn’t always work that way. Love also corrects, rebukes and chastens. In fact, anyone who claims to love you without correcting you either does not know the meaning of love or does not love you, after all. I was discussing with a lady some time ago about her relationship along the line she made mention of something and I told her is very wrong and she was open to tell me that her ex-boyfriend has never corrected her, whatever thing she does including the one she told me was right to the guy, when I told her the implication she started crying. You see anyone who loves you and hope for a future with you will always want the best for you and must correct you. Love does not necessarily say “Yes” always; there are times when love must say “No”. This does not mean that the love your spouse has for you has decreased, rather you should understand that he or she is after your welfare. For instance, as much as Jesus loved Peter, He rebuked him at a point (Matthew 16:23). That rebuke wasn’t out of anger, but love. As a couple, if any of you is ill-behaved, rude or have a negative aspect that would affect your relationship, you must be ready to chastise in love. The truth is, it is only those who are truly after your progress and peace that would be bold enough to correct you. However, this does not mean you should nag, be abusive or rude to your spouse. It calls for being your brother’s keeper and ensuring that you "wash" each other to the point that you are without spot or wrinkle (Ephesians 5:26-27). All corrections must be done in Christ’s kind of love.

Re: The True Love. by Shelumiel: 11:34pm On Aug 15, 2018
Love is about accepting people the way they are : If you love someone , then you will not try to change them . As John Legend would say , " ...love your perfect imperfections...". We are not perfect (hell nobody is! ) , that is why I feel that you trying to change someone is like trying to change them to be more like you ...or rather another you .
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 16, 2018
Shelumiel:
Love is about accepting people the way they are : If you love someone , then you will not try to change them . As John Legend would say , " ...love your perfect imperfections...". We are not perfect (hell nobody is! ) , that is why I feel that you trying to change someone is like trying to change them to be more like you ...or rather another you .

If you love someone truly, there may be bad things about their ways, and character that may be worth changing, vices not worth keeping. Trying to get your loved ones overcome such negativities in them is worthwhile and they do appreciate you for it.
For instance if you love a girl that turns out to be a thief, you don't have to leave her stealing. You show them love by doing what you can to change that.
Of course no one is perfect but there are certain things that are worth changing and helping your loved ones overcome those challenges is Love in action.
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 16, 2018
Shelumiel:

thumbs up
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 16, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

thumbs up
Ifybaby don't I deserve a thumbs up from you too.
wink
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

thumbs up
So u don't want to answer me?
Why?
Did I offend you?
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 04, 2018
Sincere4u:
So u don't want to answer me? Why? Did I offend you?

you did not offend me
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 04, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

you did not offend me
So why are you acting this way?
You blocked me and refused giving me ur number.
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 04, 2018
Sincere4u:

So why are you acting this way?
You blocked me and refused giving me ur number.
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

Hi
When will I have the number?
Why are you finding it difficult to send it when in fact no one ever reaches you with it,?
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

thumbs up
Ifybaby why haven't I heard from you for a very long time now. Unblock me jare.
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

How are you Ifybaby?
Longest time.
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 08, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

Hello.
Ifybaby you blocked me again. Could you unblock me please?
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 17, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

you did not offend me
So why did you block me everywhere?.
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 1:33pm On Nov 17, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

How are you and health?
You've been away for ages.
Re: The True Love. by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2018
Lilyqueeny:

you did not offend me
Then, unblock me jare.

D / Five Cheating Myths You Should Stop Believing / I Had Sex In A Car Along Admiralty Way, Lekki – Nigerian Actress (video)