Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government (25364 Views)

Oyo Government To Return 1,800 Bags Of Rice Donated By FG / Meet Toyin Arulogun Who Suggested Demolition Of Yinka Ayefele's Fresh FM / Governor Ajimobi At Ayefele's Fresh FM In 2016 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by itchie: 5:27am On Aug 16, 2018
adioolayi:

Notice and request for new plan has been served more than a year ago... serious minded organisations that is ready to obey simple law would have started the process of getting new plan from the government. They deliberately ignored and now, they are whipping up public sympathy. they are wrong!
And who told you it has been served over a year ago?
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by obi58: 5:42am On Aug 16, 2018
As far as I'm concerned, serving a notice of demolition is quite extreme.

If fresh FM had contravened the building plans and was served notice to make the appropriate modifications and file a new plan, then they should be given time under careful supervision.

To enforce compliance, they can start by imposing fines for contravention if written notices are not adhered to. At the extreme, the building can be sealed off pending obtaining the necessary permits which will of course be issued sequel to implementing the necessary modifications if of course it's nota guise to extort money from the radio station.

To me it's the height of stupidity to serve demolition notices on existing businesses without exploring the economic impact of such decisions. Government should be involved in supporting the growth of businesses and not shutting them down when they are not even in the position to provide employment opportunities.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by fireback: 5:45am On Aug 16, 2018
1Ebiscoo:

He maintained that “a letter was sent to the station on 29th of June, 2018 to submit a fresh building plan application that will reflect the existing structures on site, noting that the radio house deliberately ignored the letter as there was no response from their end till date. ]
Its not like the government just woke up one day and ask d man to vacate his office. At least they ask him to submit a fresh application, which he declined and acted above the law...
But the area I don't understand is when they said he used a plan that was made for an office to build a radio station. What is that different between both. I assume, the radio station is his office of course.
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by adioolayi(m): 5:48am On Aug 16, 2018
itchie:

You are not reading, you just jumping to make comments... READ.!
After the first letter of June 14, 2017....This follows...
“the letter to Fresh FM was received by one Bamiduro Aderonke and a reminder letter dated 18thAugust 2017 was sent to the radio station to again request for the planning approval/permit for the Radio Station in line with the Oyo State Physical and Development Control laws in which the radio station was expected to forward the approved Building plan to the Bureau within seven days, noting that a copy of the letter was received by Adebisi Akinfunmi on the 21st of August 2017”.

4 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by AmeLonRo(m): 5:49am On Aug 16, 2018
My own is that when 300 people go into an abandoned so called bush, village, clear for years, build small small and then settle. Govermnment will land after and say the land was originally meant for something else or illegal unapproved structures. Where were they when the buildings started, when the first hammer hit the ground? That's my take. Leave Ayefele alone joor.
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by adioolayi(m): 5:50am On Aug 16, 2018
itchie:

Demolition notice was the last thing....they were non responsive and the government want to do the needful!

“the letter to Fresh FM was received by one Bamiduro Aderonke and a reminder letter dated 18thAugust 2017 was sent to the radio station to again request for the planning approval/permit for the Radio Station in line with the Oyo State Physical and Development Control laws in which the radio station was expected to forward the approved Building plan to the Bureau within seven days, noting that a copy of the letter was received by Adebisi Akinfunmi on the 21st of August 2017”.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Nobody: 5:55am On Aug 16, 2018
adioolayi:

Yes! Masses are cheating the government..... Land use charge for business and residential are different. Process of their plans and designs approval are also different. That is the bitter truth. Many buildings are guilty of this, from North to South to East and it doesn't mean it is right. This is Nigeria

Now, I know better!

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by obi58: 5:56am On Aug 16, 2018
adioolayi:

Demolition notice was the last thing....they were non responsive and the government want to do the needful!

Demolition is just plain stupid. At the extreme the building can be sealed off pending whatever permits or approvals are obtained.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by MayhorE(m): 6:02am On Aug 16, 2018
Nothing is right with Ajimobi. . .
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by mfm04622: 6:06am On Aug 16, 2018
post=70316893:
.............the owner of the building which houses the radio station has been given a three-day notice to vacate the building and remove the structure or risk its removal by the government.

Why all these to Mr Yinka Ayefele?

.........the state government observed that property owners in the state were deviating from the originally approved building plans without seeking physical planning approvals from the Oyo State Bureau of Physical Planning and Development Control.

Oh Okay, the right thing should be done ASAP.
State Goverment, Please tender Justice with mercy on this great musician and great man.
Give him more than the 3 days to do the necessary things please please please.
We love his music , even if we don't understand all the lyrics!

What did he do since 2017 when he was served?
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Nobody: 6:12am On Aug 16, 2018
Believe me there is a political undertone about the whole issue.

Listen to them

". Arulogun said that “the submitted building approval was actually meant for an office complex and not a radio station, thereby contravening the Oyo State Physical Planning and Development Control laws, sections 30, 31 and 32 of the Oyo State Physical Planning and Urban Development Law of 2012.”

The fact that the building plan was actually meant for an office and not a Radio Complex should not be the reason for demolition if there has not been something else. At least it has a Plan.

My argument is that, that Radio building is not the only one converted from it original purpose, most buildings especially by the road side are like that. Some were meant for Residentials and Now Office Complexes.

Ajimobi has always been a controversial arrogant unreasonable fellow. Look at his power tussle with the Oba issue in Ibadan. He is a power drunk mental patient.

He should learn to make friends and not enemies and should remember he will leave the seat of power one day. He should also remember we live in an Evil World. Where people smile with you but are bitter inside. You don't take away what gives people joy and make about 450 people jobless and expect your family to move around the same town in peace. The 450 people cant be all Godly. His kids his wife and family members are living in the same Ibadan.

He should think smart and bring down his pride. Live and let live is an old adage that is very applicable to daily living from Adam.

This is a dangerous act that ciuld backfire.

A word is enough
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by omoelerin1: 6:15am On Aug 16, 2018
Yinka Ayefele knows what to do. It is what he ought to have done sin.
Money must change hand. Very soon nobody is going to hear anything on the issue again.
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Toosure70: 6:16am On Aug 16, 2018
Good development jare, if to say all you people were there the day the antenna fell, you will not be saying this.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Sike(m): 6:22am On Aug 16, 2018
Na wa O
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Nobody: 6:24am On Aug 16, 2018
Toosure70:
Good development jare, if to say all you people were there the day the antenna fell, you will not be saying this.

The antenal fell and Antennal can fall anywhere. believe it or not there is more to the issue than what they are claiming. Ajimobi is a power drunk fool. The guy should bring down his Childish Ego. Can't you see how he turned the back of Chiefs against the King of Ibadan. I tell you the guy is not Smart.
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by onunwa21(m): 6:30am On Aug 16, 2018
Nigerian politicians provide job!!!!
They won't!!!
If another did wot they supposed to do!!!
They will come to demolish!!!!
Not only happening in Oyo!!! Also in Imo too
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by salewa01: 6:34am On Aug 16, 2018
Ajimobi ,u dont add good things to Oyo state since your 7years only to break down those that are still trying to help the poor .continue .
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Obierika(m): 6:44am On Aug 16, 2018
post=70316893:
.............the owner of the building which houses the radio station has been given a three-day notice to vacate the building and remove the structure or risk its removal by the government.

.........the state government observed that property owners in the state were deviating from the originally approved building plans without seeking physical planning approvals from the Oyo State Bureau of Physical Planning and Development Control.

State Goverment, Please tender Justice with mercy on this great musician and great man.

Why should he be given special treatment?

If he is given an extension then others like him should also benefit from an extension!

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by xcelentattitude(m): 6:47am On Aug 16, 2018
Never! I'm currently in Ibadan and I am enjoying the station, it must never happen at least not while I'm here and even not at all for whatsoever reason.
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by adeoba2008(m): 6:52am On Aug 16, 2018
Most of these threats are really geared towards lying the right revenue to the government which the owners are not ready to do . I remember this matter has been on since lady year or so, they should have regularised the plan if they are really serious about doing the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by jidxin(m): 6:53am On Aug 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Nigerians like using Psychological blackmail, whenever they are wrong.
Let fresh FM show copies of their original approval, and if they are found wanting, they should be punished.

We want Change, but we are not ready to Change.
shut up.my friend I'm angry wit u.for using ur but to think....I'm concerned about the 3days notice and wtf they want to bring down.a building cos it wasn't used for the original approved purpose? What happens to shutting down d radio station instead of demolition, I smell motive and malice here
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by wellmax(m): 7:01am On Aug 16, 2018
Megatrix:

Both of you are just being hypocritical. Let's assume without conceeding that they deviated from the plan, does that then justify giving them a notice of just three days to remove the structure?

Did you read that the request for a building plan has been given to them since 2017 twice and they did nothing about it? Let's put sentiments aside. Now that they have 3 days , you all see how they are running up and down

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Borderless: 7:04am On Aug 16, 2018
Don't be fooled, most programs on Fresh FM exposes the weakness of the APC government. It's getting unbearable for them as you might be aware that almost all filling stations in Ibadan and micra drivers tune to the station.

Fresh FM is the people's radio. They say the truth without mincing words. Fresh FM may be demolished but let them be reminded that our individual consciences can't. As a matter of fact my car radio is permanently tuned to Fresh 105.9 FM.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by ashjay001(m): 7:15am On Aug 16, 2018
post=70316893:

He maintained that “a letter was sent to the station on 29th of June, 2018 to submit a fresh building plan application that will reflect the existing structures on site, noting that the radio house deliberately ignored the letter as there was no response from their end till date”.

Did u by any chance, read this part?

Na sentiments, no let us progress!

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Adekdammy: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2018
adioolayi:

Yes! Masses are cheating the government..... Land use charge for business and residential are different. Process of their plans and designs approval are also different. That is the bitter truth. Many buildings are guilty of this, from North to South to East and itdoesn't mean it is right. This is Nigeria

Yes bitter truth but he should start the demolition from bere and mapo.

Ayefele should also do the needful by providing the required building plan.

Since the building create jobs, the govt should sit the ayefele and work things out without all these noise.

Synagogue building was supposed to go down during fashola's time for road expansion, after due consultations considering how much synagogue contributes to bott the state and federal igr, wisdom prevailed and the structure is still standing.

Ajimobi Mr constituted authority, apply wisdom on this matter, you know u are a failure already.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Digitalwitch: 7:33am On Aug 16, 2018
Megatrix:

Both of you are just being hypocritical. Let's assume without conceeding that they deviated from the plan, does that then justify giving them a notice of just three days to remove the structure?
He was given notice last year
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by johnbu: 7:34am On Aug 16, 2018
Proudlyngwa:
Nigerians like using Psychological blackmail, whenever they are wrong.
Let fresh FM show copies of their original approval, and if they are found wanting, they should be punished.

We want Change, but we are not ready to Change.
shot up ota aje.
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Digitalwitch: 7:36am On Aug 16, 2018
Megatrix:

I knew there was more to it, giving someone just three days to remove a building or relocate a radio station is just sheer wickedness
You are right. Just a clip from that video is enough evidence
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by BanjiRaymond(m): 7:47am On Aug 16, 2018
I am out of here

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by mercyland93(m): 7:51am On Aug 16, 2018
I can't really posit what this useless nd unfortunate Oyo state gov. want Will u provide job for the workers, after demolishing d building? A gud government ought to think critically before taken strigent actions.
Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Toosure70: 8:04am On Aug 16, 2018
tamethem:

The antenal fell and Antennal can fall anywhere. believe it or not there is more to the issue than what they are claiming. Ajimobi is a power drunk fool. The guy should bring down his Childish Ego. Can't you see how he turned the back of Chiefs against the King of Ibadan. I tell you the guy is not Smart.
is like you don't know the location of the building.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Ayefele’s Fresh FM Demolition Not Act Of Witchhunt – Oyo Government by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 16, 2018
BanjiRaymond:
I am doing my IT in Secretariat, the department in charge. Ayefele had called the Director General, the issue is to be forgotten. there's an emergency meeting for all workers today just because of him. That's the great advantage of being rich and famous. #stay no to poverty!
So na u dey leak the outcome of our meetings? I don cash u. Now, see me in the office 4 ur query. NOW!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sheikh Daurawa, 3 Other Islamic Scholars Resign From Ganduje Government / Why Does It Take NIMC So Long To Give Out National Identity Card? / Buhari: I Appreciate How Our Online Warriors Defend Me - PMB To APC Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.