Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,895 members, 7,821,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (118076 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 5:16am On Sep 29, 2018
Mobilia:

Absolutely correct...you explained it more thoroughly. Thank you..
Honestly, I wouldn't want to be restricted and not have tenure hence the definite need for the doctorate.

Yes...all I've ever taught (until thus past year) has been inner-city kids.
Soooo many challenges...but these kids need so much more than just a "formal" education. You actually become their parent...and although I'm not proud to say-I had a few times where I lost my "Jesus"...(and had to come back and humbly apologize).
However, show those kids (no matter what age/grade) some true, sincere, tough and real love...and boy I tell you this: they are forever loyal and loving to you.
The paperwork, teaching to a "test" and restrictions/lack of creativity and major behavioral problems is what has really dampened teaching in today's society...(at least from a public-school view).
But hey, if you've got that passion, then I guess, nothing will stop you.

I pmed you about a fact finding mission in AL.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 6:31am On Sep 29, 2018
Let this f1 to citizen issue end here abeg...I don taya.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 7:07am On Sep 29, 2018
Has anyone invested in stocks and shares in the US? I’ll like to know your experience or how your shares is performing.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:30pm On Sep 29, 2018
lillaowow:
Anyone following the Brett Kavanaugh saga? grin grin

Republicans went from being confident of his confirmation to being angry and upset about their own process.

Democrats finally learning to play the Republican's games.

KARMA!!! grin grin grin

Those hypocrites won't even hold a hearing from Obama's conservative nominee.

Lindsey Graham crying like someone stole his cereal. grin

Unfortunately, I still feel like they will end up forcing him through and then the supreme Court will be a joke. It's a sign when the ABA AND Alma mater write a letter asking you not to confirm a judge!

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:33pm On Sep 29, 2018
stonemasonn:
Has anyone invested in stocks and shares in the US? I’ll like to know your experience or how your shares is performing.

All the time. I've had hits and misses. Currently I'm taking a huge risk on HMNY and SHLD. Made a ton off Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the past and some solar penny stocks. I like penny stocks because they are high reward but also VERY high risk.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Sep 29, 2018
radautoworks:

All the time. I've had hits and misses. Currently I'm taking a huge risk on HMNY and SHLD. Made a ton off Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in the past and some solar penny stocks. I like penny stocks because they are high reward but also VERY high risk.

Can you share some tips on how to get started?
There are some who would like to get started but fear and not knowing what the first steps should be have hindered.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lillaowow(m): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
radautoworks:

Unfortunately, I still feel like they will end up forcing him through and then the supreme Court will be a joke. It's a sign when the ABA AND Alma mater write a letter asking you not to confirm a judge!

It's just really sad that being upstanding doesn't mean anything to Republicans anymore. What happens to country before party?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lillaowow(m): 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
Backfornow:

There are some who would like to get started but fear and not knowing what the first steps should be have hindered.

I second this
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 4:42pm On Sep 29, 2018
radautoworks:

what’s HMNY, SHLD and solar penny?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2018
stonemasonn:
what’s HMNY, SHLD and solar penny?

Harmony owns the struggling and almost defunct movie pass. Sears holdings just became penny stock territory after decades as the Amazon of its day. Solar stock in small solar companies. Google "penny stocks"
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:58pm On Sep 29, 2018
Backfornow:

Not something a layman should be getting into if you have no background in the field. You need an investment manager. If you insist though, use Robinhood. No fees for transactions and good for laymen. Be prepared to do a lot of research and only invest money you can afford to lose.

Also, if you are risk adverse, buy well known established stocks and hold on to them for the long term. They are more expensive but stable.

Though with no background, you really should go with an investment firm/company even if it's as basic as Charles Schwab, Ally, E-Trade etc.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/how-to-buy-stocks/&ved=2ahUKEwjWgd_PyuDdAhVCWK0KHf1qCGIQFjAMegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw2Nb50niPf-B9h7BnPFU5KE

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2018
radautoworks:

Not something a layman should be getting into if you have no background in the field. You need an investment manager. If you insist though, use Robinhood. No fees for transactions and good for laymen. Be prepared to do a lot of research and only invest money you can afford to lose.

Also, if you are risk adverse, buy well known established stocks and hold on to them for the long term. They are more expensive but stable.

Though with no background, you really should go with an investment firm/company even if it's as basic as Charles Schwab, Ally, E-Trade etc.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/how-to-buy-stocks/&ved=2ahUKEwjWgd_PyuDdAhVCWK0KHf1qCGIQFjAMegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw2Nb50niPf-B9h7BnPFU5KE

Thanks for sharing.
Do you know if the mentioned companies require a minimum amount in order to get started?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2018
Backfornow:

Thanks for sharing.
Do you know if the mentioned companies require a minimum amount in order to get started?

Some do except Robinhood. Visit their websites or the nerdwallet link

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Bossman(m): 11:53pm On Sep 29, 2018
I can chime in a little on this. There is no direct answer to your question. In general, there will be ups and downs in sticks/mutual funds. It all depends on what kind of portfolio one has. I have had more ups than downs. It's always good to hold your funds for the long term. Also, you can either go through a brokerage firm or open an pereonal brokerage account with the likes of Ameritrade, fidelity, etc. and do the transactions on your own. I have both.

stonemasonn:

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:26am On Sep 30, 2018
Bossman:
I can chime in a little on this. There is no direct answer to your question. In general, there will be ups and downs in sticks/mutual funds. It all depends on what kind of portfolio one has. I have had more ups than downs. It's always good to hold your funds for the long term. Also, you can either go through a brokerage firm or open an pereonal brokerage account with the likes of Ameritrade, fidelity, etc. and do the transactions on your own. I have both.

Agreed
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 4:34am On Sep 30, 2018
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 4:39am On Sep 30, 2018
Babyvet:

Negro bye, according to these posts you are a fraud so I’m not the only who has accused you .

Your really not providing much detail as far the actual immigration process. But whatever , it’s your personal choice. The process is not as simple as filling out a form. Nigerians are not straight forward people. When I read other immigration stories from other nationalities , they detail it which turn educate people, they just don’t make blanket statements and expect people to run with it.

You admitted accusing someone of fraud when no conviction had been made could land you in trouble according to the laws of the land you are claiming to love.
You arrogate to yourself the power to adjudicate immigration issues when obviously you are not an immigration official speak so ill about your characters.
What do you need those details info for if you are not out for some mischiefs.
You need to grow up and respect other people positions and opinions especially when they dont affect you directly in any way.

4 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 4:55am On Sep 30, 2018
Bossman:
I can chime in a little on this. There is no direct answer to your question. In general, there will be ups and downs in sticks/mutual funds. It all depends on what kind of portfolio one has. I have had more ups than downs. It's always good to hold your funds for the long term. Also, you can either go through a brokerage firm or open an pereonal brokerage account with the likes of Ameritrade, fidelity, etc. and do the transactions on your own. I have both. ...

I think starting out with penny stocks wouldn't be a bad idea especially for those looking to such line of investments but generally speaking,market crash due to many factors either natural or man made are real and when that happens,those portfolios existence are threatened and the devastation could be massive.
I would rather invest more in stuffs that are within my control.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 2:16pm On Sep 30, 2018
Nig4Greatness:

You admitted accusing someone of fraud when no conviction had been made could land you in trouble according to the laws of the land you are claiming to love.
You arrogate to yourself the power to adjudicate immigration issues when obviously you are not an immigration official speak so ill about your characters.
What do you need those details info for if you are not out for some mischiefs.
You need to grow up and respect other people positions and opinions especially when they dont affect you directly in any way.

Please when I did I ever claim to love America? Like and love are two different things. You like looking for trouble, I have left it alone so you leave it alone and continue to wallow in ignorance. TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT PART OF THIS CONVERSATION.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by signature2012(m): 3:20am On Oct 01, 2018
Present!!!!

Very interesting 34 pages to read.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 5:07am On Oct 01, 2018
Babyvet:

Please when I did I ever claim to love America? Like and love are two different things. You like looking for trouble, I have left it alone so you leave it alone and continue to wallow in ignorance. TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE AND MIND YOUR BUSINESS BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT PART OF THIS CONVERSATION.
That you still quoted and raised your attack level simply means you haven't left it alone.if pointing out your excesses now means looking for trouble,then I gladly accept the challenge.
Also,I accept the ignorance tag so far it's coming from you...the custodian of knowledge who also doubles as the sole administrator of United states and the fact that you see every comment as an attack on you means you have a lot of issues going on in your life you need to deal with.

4 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by ShowYourCertificate: 7:50am On Oct 01, 2018
lillaowow:

Probably 3-6months.

Apply for EAD with advance parole together with your green card application. It allows you to travel and re-enter
Thanks so much. This is comforting.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Babyvet: 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2018
Nig4Greatness:
That you still quoted and raised your attack level simply means you haven't left it alone.if pointing out your excesses now means looking for trouble,then I gladly accept the challenge.
Also,I accept the ignorance tag so far it's coming from you...the custodian of knowledge who also doubles as the sole administrator of United states and the fact that you see every comment as an attack on you means you have a lot of issues going on in your life you need to deal with.

Boy bye

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lillaowow(m): 6:05pm On Oct 01, 2018
In Boston again till Wednesday. How do we celebrate 9ja aat 58?

I'm going to suyajoint later in Dorchester I heard their food is good

Suyajoint.com

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:09am On Oct 02, 2018
Backfornow:

I pmed you about a fact finding mission in AL.

"Fact finding mission"? Umm...ok. Will contact you within the next few days.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 1:47am On Oct 02, 2018
Mobilia:

"Fact finding mission"? Umm ok....will contact you within the next few days.

Oh, it's code. It's about my family that you may know. I didnt want to discuss it publicly.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2018
Wow....since October 2 no updates.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Dremca(m): 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2018
Would trump support atiku's government if they finally win the election next year, would Nigeria still be a shithole under Atiku.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by hammed71(m): 8:36pm On Oct 14, 2018
Dremca:
Would trump support atiku's government if they finally win the election next year, would Nigeria still be a shithole under Atiku.
Am not staying to find out.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 11:35pm On Oct 14, 2018
hammed71:
Am not staying to find out.
lol, where will you be?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nig4Greatness: 6:44pm On Oct 15, 2018
Dremca:
Countries deal with issues that affect their relationships not who rules over such countries.
Nigeria being a shithole only exist in the mind of failures.
Besides,are you proposing or expecting Atiku presidency ??.

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (73) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Following Countries Are Visa-free For Nigerian Passport Holders / The Crystal Service immigration Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.