Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,327 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread (117566 Views)

US Based Nigerian Lady Shares How She Spends All Her Finances On Bills (pix/vid) / Us-based Ghanaian Lady Arrested In Attempt To Open Plane Door Mid-flight / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (73) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Predstan: 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2018
Godchangemylife:

Yea that was true , I was doing a video call with a friend who stays in texas(huston) then he said the place he stays is x2(probably lesser though ) hotter than where he stays here in Nigeria (Osun) before he left ...Now he stays at Indianapolis tho ... He plans on coming back here sef (But i know "Thou didn't know the repercussion of what he is saying grin " tho)

How's the whether in Florida?. Heard its really hot there
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2018
Predstan:

I hope there's a misquote here me wey never step outta 9ja but soon tho
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:55pm On Oct 22, 2018
Holocene:

Personally I dislike the heat in Houston. I dont live there but I have friends who live there and all they gripe about is the damn summer heat. I dont function well in hot climes especially with the sticky humidity messing up your asss. Dang.

I would have love the Midwest but racism is all too real there. Maybe the East coast especially Illinois or maybe Chiraq would do me some good.

Any idea what goes on in Minnesota,?

Definitely hot but that's what I love grin
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2018
Dremca:
So all these locations are more severelly hotter than Nigeria. I even thought Nigeria is the headquarters of hell fire.

Not even close lol.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2018
Predstan:

Much more humid than Texas and gets hit by hurricanes more than Texas
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 7:43pm On Oct 22, 2018
radautoworks:

Definitely hot but that's what I love grin

Nope not me....my brain technically overheats when it's that hot. Nothing as refreshing as some cool weather to make you think better. Maybe temps in the 50s and 60s then maybe 30s at night...lovely grin grin grin grin
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 10:05pm On Oct 22, 2018
Holocene:

Nope not me....my brain technically overheats when it's that hot. Nothing as refreshing as some cool weather to make you think better. Maybe temps in the 50s and 60s then maybe 30s at night...lovely grin grin grin grin

OH GOD NO!
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by lillaowow(m): 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2018
Holocene:

30s at night. Lol..

That is too cold. No like it at 45 night and 75/80 day.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by stonemasonn: 9:38am On Oct 23, 2018
Scare crows for sale for Halloween grin

Backfornow radautoworks hope you’ve bought your costume.

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 7:06pm On Oct 23, 2018
stonemasonn:

Not in this cold! Usually I go all out but with a newborn I'm staying myself in the house!
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 7:21pm On Oct 23, 2018
radautoworks:

Not in this cold! Usually I go all out but with a newborn I'm staying myself in the house!
Lol.....how cold is it in your area?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 12:03am On Oct 24, 2018
stonemasonn:

Truthfully I lowkey hate Halloween. I haven't seen a trick or treated in years bc I make it a mission to be gone during trick or treat hours. Plus churches in my area are big on having events called trunk n treat. They have food, games, and candy for the kids, so not alot goes door to door
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 24, 2018
Anybody buying lotto tickets for tonight's drawing? It's up to 1.6 billion dollars.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 1:32am On Oct 24, 2018
Backfornow:
Anybody buying lotto tickets for tonight's drawing? It's up to 1.6 billion dollars.

I already bought mine...

If you don't see me posting again after tonight then you know why...

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 1:36am On Oct 24, 2018
Early voting has begun...

Please everyone should endeavor to vote...

I will be casting my vote early tomorrow morning.

If you're in Florida please don't forget to vote for Andrew Gillium

Let's elect the first Black Governor of Florida State...

3 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 2:50am On Oct 24, 2018
Holocene:

Lol.....how cold is it in your area?

Right now it's 61. Waaay past my tolerance level.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 2:51am On Oct 24, 2018
Backfornow:

Got mine!
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 2:51am On Oct 24, 2018
LUCAS99:

I already bought mine...

If you don't see me posting again after tonight then you know why...

If you see me posting everywhere after today you'll know why LMAO
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 3:10am On Oct 24, 2018
radautoworks:

grin grin grin
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 3:13am On Oct 24, 2018
radautoworks:

That means you can't survive in the North East during the Winter Season...

I have witnessed below 20 in New York City before.

What if you get a good job in New York City, Boston & Philadelphia would you ever consider moving?

OR

Would you rather remain in Texas?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 24, 2018
radautoworks:

Cc lucas99

I meant to buy one while driving back from Ohio the other day. Winners tend to be in towns that I've never heard of before but I still bought one near me.
I already know the procedure if I win.
1. Hire an attorney
2. Hire an accounting firm
3. Set up a foundation for your new and long lost cousins.
4. Save most of it and live off the interest.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Holocene(m): 3:37am On Oct 24, 2018
radautoworks:

That's still too hot for me. Best weather is when I have to drive without turning on the car AC and still feel fresh inside. Hate the damn heaters but I dont wanna die of frost during full winter.
The only thing on hate in winter is the ice rains which we get a tonne of it here
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by radautoworks: 3:38am On Oct 24, 2018
LUCAS99:

That means you can't survive in the North East during the Winter Season...

I have witnessed below 20 in New York City before.

What if you get a good job in New York City, Boston & Philadelphia would you ever consider moving?

OR

Would you rather remain in Texas?

Texas all the way. Had offers before but I'm my own boss wink

150k salary there buys what a 55-65k salary would in tx
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 4:15am On Oct 24, 2018
Backfornow:

Cc lucas99

I meant to buy one while driving back from Ohio the other day. Winners tend to be in towns that I've never heard of before but I still bought one near me.
I already know the procedure if I win.
1. Hire an attorney
2. Hire an accounting firm
3. Set up a foundation for your new and long lost cousins.
4. Save most of it and live off the interest.

The Winner would probably come from either Texas, California, New York OR Florida

My assumptions are based on previous jackpot winners.

You don't need to hire an accounting firm.
You can hire a Lawyer that doubles as a CPA that way you can save money.

Your Lawyer will help you set up a trust to claim your Prize that way you would remain anonymous

I wouldn't want people to find out that I won such a large amount of money. I definitely don't want my life to be in Danger.

I would also hire a Financial Planner. Suze Orman of CNBC comes to mind.

Most of the money would be deposited into my Chase Account so I can become a Chase Private Client.

I should be able to negotiate a higher interest rate with such amount of money and would only live off the interest generated while leaving my intial funds untouched.

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 4:25am On Oct 24, 2018
radautoworks:

Texas all the way. Had offers before but I'm my own boss wink

150k salary there buys what a 55-65k salary would in tx

A friend of mine lives in Houston Texas.

He told it's very cheap in Texas. He pays about $700/Month for One Bed room.

Here in Florida One Bed room starts from $1000+/Month.

Only thing I really hate about Texas would be the hot weather.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Anduku: 6:10am On Oct 24, 2018
God Bless President Donald John Trump!!!

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Mizwisdom(f): 7:32am On Oct 24, 2018
stonemasonn:

Personally, I don't think Christians should celebrate Halloween, those images of witches, scarecrows, demons and some other dark eerie creatures which are made to look good on the day is not good for Christians(my opinion)

2 Likes

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by davinchecodes(m): 7:55am On Oct 24, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Personally, I don't think Christians should celebrate Halloween, those images of witches, scarecrows, demons and some other dark eerie creatures which are made to look good on the day is not good for Christians(my opinion)
Just whatever (your opinion though)

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 24, 2018
Hello EgunMogaji, Lucas99 and all, pls how long does it take to get a green card after status adjustment and secondly, can one start adjustment of status with his/her expired Nigerian passport?
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 8:44am On Oct 24, 2018
HebronHF:
Hello EgunMogaji, Lucas99 and all, pls how long does it take to get a green card after status adjustment and secondly, can one start adjustment of status with his/her expired Nigerian passport?

What is your current status in the United States?

Student Visa OR Visitor Visa?

It usually takes anywhere from 6 Months -12 Months depending on the workload of the service center handling your case.

Texas Service Center is usually the fastest while Vermont Service Center is usually the slowest when it comes to handling petitions.

1 Like

Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2018
LUCAS99:

What is your current status in the United States?

Student Visa OR Visitor Visa?

It usually takes anywhere from 6 Months -12 Months depending on the workload of the service center handling your case.

Texas Service Center is usually the fastest while Vermont Service Center is usually the slowest when it comes to handling petitions.

Lucas99 visitor. What about California service centre. I'm not the one though but for a relative.
Re: American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread by LUCAS99: 9:15am On Oct 24, 2018
HebronHF:

Lucas99 visitor. What about California service centre. I'm not the one though but for a relative.

I have no idea but you can go to uscis.gov and check the processing timeframe for California Service Center

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (73) (Reply)

Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES / The Crystal Service immigration Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.